The Official Gundam 00 Anything Thread Mk VIII

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Amadi Akintunde

Re: The Official Gundam 00 Anything Thread Mk VIII

I was pretty shocked when Graham died.

For a moment I was like "He's not gonna..."

Then I was like "GRAHAMU AKER!"

And then I was like that's some Medal of Honor stuff right there. I wonder what happened to the rest of Sol Squad, though.
Wingnut

Amadi Akintunde wrote:I was like that's some Medal of Honor stuff right there. I wonder what happened to the rest of Sol Squad, though.
Spoiler
Two were confirmed dead, but the others seemed to have survived.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
yazi88

I don't know why but I always find it touching whenever a nameless and faceless grunt actually accomplishes things before being sacrificed in Gundam like in Unicorn with the Stark Jegan and now the grunt GN-XIV who was with Andrei (the one firing the rifle in Trans-am while being assimilated) and four others came to help in Trans-AM with sacrifice in mind.

The tandem and teamwork in this movie is fantastic especially with the Sol Braves Squadron. Wasn't one of them actually a survivor from Graham's Overflags Squadron?
Kaioshin Sama

ShadowCell wrote:Of course, they say the same thing about you, so let's leave the bashing of people who don't agree with you at the door, guys.
Wait what do they say about me now?

Also anyone remember the Gundamn@MAHQ podcast where Chris pretty much exactly calls how the masses are going to react to the movie. It's one of the ones where the movie is first announced and I'm trying to relocate it to recommend it to some people.
ShadowCell

As far as I know, they say nothing about you personally. But you as a class of people, as in you, the people who liked the 00 movie? They say the same things about you that you said about them, the people who don't like this movie.

So, in the interests of everybody, please drop the talk about people who don't like this movie and how they're petty and desperate. You're being just as petty and desperate to dislike something, and I don't really want to clean up the flamewars you start because of it. Instead, let's go back to what this thread is actually about--the movie, not the people who didn't like it.
Kaioshin Sama

ShadowCell wrote:As far as I know, they say nothing about you personally. But you as a class of people, as in you, the people who liked the 00 movie? They say the same things about you that you said about them, the people who don't like this movie.

So, in the interests of everybody, please drop the talk about people who don't like this movie and how they're petty and desperate. You're being just as petty and desperate to dislike something, and I don't really want to clean up the flamewars you start because of it. Instead, let's go back to what this thread is actually about--the movie, not the people who didn't like it.
Alright, take it easy buddy, yeesh, who even said I was going to start flame wars? Last I checked I don't engage in that sort of internet silliness. I didn't realize my post was going to be an issue considering some of the earlier posts on the forum. I mean yikes I think that's the first time I've ever been outright insulted, misrepresented and prejudged by somebody on this forum let alone by a moderator merely for expressing what many here have agreed on before including Chris and the site crew.

Anyway, that's enough of that unpleasantness. I've compiled some notes on the movie that I'm currently working into a larger reaction post to be shared in all places populated by Gundam fans. Here's a sample:
Spoiler
Exposition or "The Boring Political Part":

- Ian and Linda, 00-Qant Reveal like Nu Gundam reveal, Initially gorgeous animation
- Parody Movie, The trailer for Second Season and movie was actually for parody movie, Axis, Zambot 3 Dog, Is this Mizushima responding to fans?
- Saji as exposition device (he was there), A-Laws Reign of Terror, Changing world
- Louise back to normal (hair down again), Post Ribbons disorder like Kamille and Scirroco
- Shiran criticizing Earth Federation Immigration policy, scarily like that of EF in UC
- Marina Peacecraft
- Setsuna kicking ass in flag (smoke and sneak attack)
- Lockon to the rescue (Master of Shooting)
- The Ptolemaios crew is revealed and Veda allows CB to try and help the new government keep the peace (diminishing role)
- Aeolia's probe finally returns to Earth, CB aware thanks to Veda, Katie investigating (The loose thread from season 1 finally coming to fruitition), Flash on Jupiter at end of Season 2 is ELS taking control of probe?
- Fucking Patrick (Taisa) :)
- Innovades becoming a part of normal society, Veda being tapped by Earth Federation

Rising Action or "The Stupid Beam Spam Begins":

- Descartes arrogant, sees himself as "lab rat" at same time as important innovator, like Artificial Newtype in UC?
- Descartes pretty effective with Gadezala (destroying probe), Andrei still largely useless
- Katie not a fan of Shaman being treated like a prisoner (EF fears Innovator like EF in UC fear Newtypes)
- New EF struggling with policy following attack on Marina and Shirin (Force or Diplomacy it's never easy)
- Innovades working in government (Anew alike), interesting that Innovades are accepted in society but Innovators are not
- Billy hard at work, Graham still manly, little animation details like steam on Billy's Coffee
- JNN still in business, Kinue's partner investigating probe
- Strange accidents and happenings all over the world (here we go)
- Louise knows what's coming (AHhhhhhhhhh!)
- Whole scene with Amia and Ribbons creepy and grim as fuck (bloody hands and screaming)
- Mina amuses me with her crush on Billy. Billy is smarter and this is not proper laboratory behaviour
- There's a database of Innovator candidates (awakening concept in Gundam X and UC)
- ELS trying to communicate with people of higher QBW brainwaves
- Soma's outfit is hippie-tastic, voice of Panty
- Ribbons coming to get Louise (this guy is a horror movie villain)
- SAJI JUST FUCKING THREW A CHAIR AT HIM! GUY GREW SOME BALLS! (save our girl bro)
- Al and Hal and Soma fight a T-1000 car (Hal is back and awesome action scene)
- The return of Cherudim Gundam (first Gundam of the movie to fight!)
- When all else fails throw Plastique at it
- First contact, EF and CB first response, Katie in command of Celestial Being ship following end of second season (closing some plot holes)
- Now that Veda has completely revealed all mission info we know about the mission to Jupiter and a Ribbons being onboard (closing more loose threads)
- The first sortie of Zabanya, Harute and 00-Raiser (guess it didn't need Saji after all). Pink flash the ELS trying to communicate with Setsuna?
- Surprise appearance from Raphael, Tieria saves the day with Trans-Am, did what Ribbons did to come back, ELS is sentient
- Mina=Nena unpsychoed and seductive as hell. (Rie Kugimiya being given non-tsundere by Sunrise, thanks for not typecasting her)
- Dialogues to come have arrived. Lockon votes to retaliate, Marie doesn't want to, Hallelujah thinks they are trying to communicate and of course Setsuna is conflicted (big surprise)
- Tieria and Sumeragi think 00-Qant can help Setsuna to communicate with the ELS and the burden is what is bothering him
- Descartes seems a little more outwardly pleasant now that he's been given a uniform by Katie and allowed to walk around (but he still doesn't seem to like them much)

Climax or "Beam Spam Stupidity" (Mmmmm Molson Canadian):

- All bets seem off when ELS crushes down Io and Ganymeade (why does Sunrise destroy these moons in so many of their shows) to build capital ships (ELS size variance and attack pattern reminds me of STMC)
- EF can't seem to decide on response, Profiteers looking to roll out next generation of MS (Oh Congress)
- Marina still riding shuttles?! Marina continuing her role as the Red Cross of Gundam 00
- EF Government is setting up Shaman as a decoy for ELS (I think he's right to hate them now)
- Time Skip to Mars encounter??????
- First mention of the Fucking Wild Bear of Russia. May he continue to inspire bravery in EF soldiers till the end of time. (tears)
- Shaman's battle with ELS much like space battle portrayal in UC Gundam with beams firing everywhere in background (right at home now)
- Federation fleet no match for ELS (Kind of like U.S.A Junior Hockey Team against Canada)
- Gundams kind of need all that firepower and beams (outnumbered)
- Shaman's death gruesome, ELS method of "communicating" looks like attack
- Trans-Am Burst to attempt communication (Sequence really trippy, may have something to do with "what did I just watch" comment on the tubes?)
- Trans-Am just to get away with interesting tactics (pinpoint shields, missile massacre, insert Macross reference)
- Sol-Braves show why they are elite EF squadron in helping Ptolemaios escape
- Setsuna incapable of comprehending ELS, is all hope lost? (low point)
- Earth Federation not perfect but doing what they can to protect the people (Speech at end of Season 2, Shaman incident, ineffective preperation for dialogues)
- Marina back in season 1 outfit and opening palace as shelter in Azadistan (continuing her role as compassionate leader, much more self-confident leader than in series, Setsuna)
- Saji going to help with Eleveator protection (has come a long way since season 1, not afraid to put himself in harms way to protect Louise)
- Billy and Mina role largely as ELS exposition (realization)
- A plan for a last mission is hatched, Tieria will manage flow of information, Setsuna and 00-Qant will communicate, crew and humanity will do their part to get it done (Emphasis by Sumeragi on it being humanities mission a nice touch)
- Katie Fleet acts as first line of defence, Celestial Being cannon has a use again, Patrick, Andrei and Sol-Braves doing their part
- ELS continues to evolve and adapt against EF, Mobile Suits, Ships, Adaptive Shielding
- Setsuna's life flashes before his eyes, all the people he's lost, all the horrible things that have happened, Feldt can't stands it no more (2nd best sequence of the movie)
- Andrei's sacrifice, understands his father, he's there waiting for him (redemption, understanding each other theme permeates movie yet is surprisingly understated at same time in parts like this)
- Setsuna's good times flash before his eyes, Flowers growing in Krugis, Marina helping the middle eastern refugees, one last appearance for Christina, Lichty and Fucking Neil Dylandy (This sequence.....Gundam 00 doesn't forget the fallen, much like Newtype ghosts)
- Everyone trusts in the Trailblazer Setsuna, Graham returns the favour to Setsuna for saving his life for this grand moment and goes out with honour and pride
- Quantam Burst seals the deal, that dream I had and why I'm a little freaked out at what the ELS look like inside the ship

Falling Action or "I ARE CONFUSED, THIS DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE":

- How much money did Sunrise spend animating this sequence of the ELS history, so much conveyed without words, holy fuck that last sequence in the Haruhi movie has nothing on this 0_o (Best sequence of the movie, coincides with last scene in season 2)
- A Wakening of The Trailblazer achieved, Little heavy-handed final message, maybe necessary since misunderstanding of audience frequent (didn't help one bit for Western series of tubes)
- Flower a message of peace, war is over, Setsuna conveyed idea of flower to ELS to halt fighting easier, dialogues have come and gone
- Almost every studio in existence contributed for this, P.A Works, Bones, Madhouse, Deen, Xebec, Kyoto Animation, Gonzo, Artland, Shaft...they understand each other, way to go team!

Epilogue or "This was the worst movie ever made":

- The flashback to the past with Aeolia's philosophy and E.A Ray's questioning him on why with all achievemnts and contributions to humanity and technology he confines himself to an island says just about everything in relation to this movie and how people reacted to it to me, Ngee Khiong and the like. "I hate when knowledge gets misused and when people who are taken in by perceptions and prejudices lose sight of reality. That is the source of misunderstanding, ignorance and conflict, I want us to understand each other" (Rock the fuck on Aeolia, just rock the fuck on man you appeared for like 15 seconds and just said it all in two sentences)
- For such a positive sensible message at the end and such high hopes for the exciting future of this continuity, it's a shame so many people came away from this movie so disappointed and bitter (Setsuna and Marina last simulatenous words drive the message home)

Final Thoughts:

- Expected big dumb action movie, got a big relatively smart action movie
- Eased in idea of aliens, almost felt natural in Gundam 00, one of few sci-fi action pieces to portray aliens and humans as capable of getting along
- Not Kawai's strongest score
- Stunning animation, backgrounds
- Builds on and closes out narrative from TV series (3rd stage achieved), ties up loose threads, and gives characters satisfying closure fulfilling roles I've come to know them for or going out trying
- Coming to understand these characters so well, don't really need a big epilogue for everyone of them but the ones we just met in this movie, I know what they'll be doing
- What a way to start the year off
- Impeccable pacing, ending just a touch rushed only issue
- Strong yet simple message I could not have seen coming from start of first season, come a long
latenlazy

Kaioshin Sama wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:As far as I know, they say nothing about you personally. But you as a class of people, as in you, the people who liked the 00 movie? They say the same things about you that you said about them, the people who don't like this movie.

Alright, take it easy buddy, yeesh, who even said I was going to start flame wars? Last I checked I don't engage in that sort of internet silliness. I didn't realize my post was going to be an issue considering some of the earlier posts on the forum. I mean yikes I think that's the first time I've ever been outright insulted, misrepresented and prejudged by somebody on this forum let alone by a moderator merely for expressing what many here have agreed on before including Chris and the site crew.

Anyway, that's enough of that unpleasantness. I've compiled some notes on the movie that I'm currently working into a larger reaction post to be shared in all places populated by Gundam fans. Here's a sample:
Spoiler
Exposition or "The Boring Political Part":

- Ian and Linda, 00-Qant Reveal like Nu Gundam reveal, Initially gorgeous animation
- Parody Movie, The trailer for Second Season and movie was actually for parody movie, Axis, Zambot 3 Dog, Is this Mizushima responding to fans?
- Saji as exposition device (he was there), A-Laws Reign of Terror, Changing world
- Louise back to normal (hair down again), Post Ribbons disorder like Kamille and Scirroco
- Shiran criticizing Earth Federation Immigration policy, scarily like that of EF in UC
- Marina Peacecraft
- Setsuna kicking ass in flag (smoke and sneak attack)
- Lockon to the rescue (Master of Shooting)
- The Ptolemaios crew is revealed and Veda allows CB to try and help the new government keep the peace (diminishing role)
- Aeolia's probe finally returns to Earth, CB aware thanks to Veda, Katie investigating (The loose thread from season 1 finally coming to fruitition), Flash on Jupiter at end of Season 2 is ELS taking control of probe?
- ZOINKS Patrick (Taisa) :)
- Innovades becoming a part of normal society, Veda being tapped by Earth Federation

Rising Action or "The Stupid Beam Spam Begins":

- Descartes arrogant, sees himself as "lab rat" at same time as important innovator, like Artificial Newtype in UC?
- Descartes pretty effective with Gadezala (destroying probe), Andrei still largely useless
- Katie not a fan of Shaman being treated like a prisoner (EF fears Innovator like EF in UC fear Newtypes)
- New EF struggling with policy following attack on Marina and Shirin (Force or Diplomacy it's never easy)
- Innovades working in government (Anew alike), interesting that Innovades are accepted in society but Innovators are not
- Billy hard at work, Graham still manly, little animation details like steam on Billy's Coffee
- JNN still in business, Kinue's partner investigating probe
- Strange accidents and happenings all over the world (here we go)
- Louise knows what's coming (AHhhhhhhhhh!)
- Whole scene with Amia and Ribbons creepy and grim as ZOINKS (bloody hands and screaming)
- Mina amuses me with her crush on Billy. Billy is smarter and this is not proper laboratory behaviour
- There's a database of Innovator candidates (awakening concept in Gundam X and UC)
- ELS trying to communicate with people of higher QBW brainwaves
- Soma's outfit is hippie-tastic, voice of Panty
- Ribbons coming to get Louise (this guy is a horror movie villain)
- SAJI JUST ZOINKS THREW A CHAIR AT HIM! GUY GREW SOME BALLS! (save our girl bro)
- Al and Hal and Soma fight a T-1000 car (Hal is back and awesome action scene)
- The return of Cherudim Gundam (first Gundam of the movie to fight!)
- When all else fails throw Plastique at it
- First contact, EF and CB first response, Katie in command of Celestial Being ship following end of second season (closing some plot holes)
- Now that Veda has completely revealed all mission info we know about the mission to Jupiter and a Ribbons being onboard (closing more loose threads)
- The first sortie of Zabanya, Harute and 00-Raiser (guess it didn't need Saji after all). Pink flash the ELS trying to communicate with Setsuna?
- Surprise appearance from Raphael, Tieria saves the day with Trans-Am, did what Ribbons did to come back, ELS is sentient
- Mina=Nena unpsychoed and seductive as hell. (Rie Kugimiya being given non-tsundere by Sunrise, thanks for not typecasting her)
- Dialogues to come have arrived. Lockon votes to retaliate, Marie doesn't want to, Hallelujah thinks they are trying to communicate and of course Setsuna is conflicted (big surprise)
- Tieria and Sumeragi think 00-Qant can help Setsuna to communicate with the ELS and the burden is what is bothering him
- Descartes seems a little more outwardly pleasant now that he's been given a uniform by Katie and allowed to walk around (but he still doesn't seem to like them much)

Climax or "Beam Spam Stupidity" (Mmmmm Molson Canadian):

- All bets seem off when ELS crushes down Io and Ganymeade (why does Sunrise destroy these moons in so many of their shows) to build capital ships (ELS size variance and attack pattern reminds me of STMC)
- EF can't seem to decide on response, Profiteers looking to roll out next generation of MS (Oh Congress)
- Marina still riding shuttles?! Marina continuing her role as the Red Cross of Gundam 00
- EF Government is setting up Shaman as a decoy for ELS (I think he's right to hate them now)
- Time Skip to Mars encounter??????
- First mention of the ZOINKS Wild Bear of Russia. May he continue to inspire bravery in EF soldiers till the end of time. (tears)
- Shaman's battle with ELS much like space battle portrayal in UC Gundam with beams firing everywhere in background (right at home now)
- Federation fleet no match for ELS (Kind of like U.S.A Junior Hockey Team against Canada)
- Gundams kind of need all that firepower and beams (outnumbered)
- Shaman's death gruesome, ELS method of "communicating" looks like attack
- Trans-Am Burst to attempt communication (Sequence really trippy, may have something to do with "what did I just watch" comment on the tubes?)
- Trans-Am just to get away with interesting tactics (pinpoint shields, missile massacre, insert Macross reference)
- Sol-Braves show why they are elite EF squadron in helping Ptolemaios escape
- Setsuna incapable of comprehending ELS, is all hope lost? (low point)
- Earth Federation not perfect but doing what they can to protect the people (Speech at end of Season 2, Shaman incident, ineffective preperation for dialogues)
- Marina back in season 1 outfit and opening palace as shelter in Azadistan (continuing her role as compassionate leader, much more self-confident leader than in series, Setsuna)
- Saji going to help with Eleveator protection (has come a long way since season 1, not afraid to put himself in harms way to protect Louise)
- Billy and Mina role largely as ELS exposition (realization)
- A plan for a last mission is hatched, Tieria will manage flow of information, Setsuna and 00-Qant will communicate, crew and humanity will do their part to get it done (Emphasis by Sumeragi on it being humanities mission a nice touch)
- Katie Fleet acts as first line of defence, Celestial Being cannon has a use again, Patrick, Andrei and Sol-Braves doing their part
- ELS continues to evolve and adapt against EF, Mobile Suits, Ships, Adaptive Shielding
- Setsuna's life flashes before his eyes, all the people he's lost, all the horrible things that have happened, Feldt can't stands it no more (2nd best sequence of the movie)
- Andrei's sacrifice, understands his father, he's there waiting for him (redemption, understanding each other theme permeates movie yet is surprisingly understated at same time in parts like this)
- Setsuna's good times flash before his eyes, Flowers growing in Krugis, Marina helping the middle eastern refugees, one last appearance for Christina, Lichty and ZOINKS Neil Dylandy (This sequence.....Gundam 00 doesn't forget the fallen, much like Newtype ghosts)
- Everyone trusts in the Trailblazer Setsuna, Graham returns the favour to Setsuna for saving his life for this grand moment and goes out with honour and pride
- Quantam Burst seals the deal, that dream I had and why I'm a little freaked out at what the ELS look like inside the ship

Falling Action or "I ARE CONFUSED, THIS DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE":

- How much money did Sunrise spend animating this sequence of the ELS history, so much conveyed without words, holy ZOINKS that last sequence in the Haruhi movie has nothing on this 0_o (Best sequence of the movie, coincides with last scene in season 2)
- A Wakening of The Trailblazer achieved, Little heavy-handed final message, maybe necessary since misunderstanding of audience frequent (didn't help one bit for Western series of tubes)
- Flower a message of peace, war is over, Setsuna conveyed idea of flower to ELS to halt fighting easier, dialogues have come and gone
- Almost every studio in existence contributed for this, P.A Works, Bones, Madhouse, Deen, Xebec, Kyoto Animation, Gonzo, Artland, Shaft...they understand each other, way to go team!

Epilogue or "This was the worst movie ever made":

- The flashback to the past with Aeolia's philosophy and E.A Ray's questioning him on why with all achievemnts and contributions to humanity and technology he confines himself to an island says just about everything in relation to this movie and how people reacted to it to me, Ngee Khiong and the like. "I hate when knowledge gets misused and when people who are taken in by perceptions and prejudices lose sight of reality. That is the source of misunderstanding, ignorance and conflict, I want us to understand each other" (Rock the ZOINKS on Aeolia, just rock the ZOINKS on man you appeared for like 15 seconds and just said it all in two sentences)
- For such a positive sensible message at the end and such high hopes for the exciting future of this continuity, it's a shame so many people came away from this movie so disappointed and bitter (Setsuna and Marina last simulatenous words drive the message home)

Final Thoughts:

- Expected big dumb action movie, got a big relatively smart action movie
- Eased in idea of aliens, almost felt natural in Gundam 00, one of few sci-fi action pieces to portray aliens and humans as capable of getting along
- Not Kawai's strongest score
- Stunning animation, backgrounds
- Builds on and closes out narrative from TV series (3rd stage achieved), ties up loose threads, and gives characters satisfying closure fulfilling roles I've come to know them for or going out trying
- Coming to understand these characters so well, don't really need a big epilogue for everyone of them but the ones we just met in this movie, I know what they'll be doing
- What a way to start the year off
- Impeccable pacing, ending just a touch rushed only issue
- Strong yet simple message I could not have seen coming from start of first season, come a long
Canada, home of hockey, maple leaves, two beavers are better than one, and coffee crisp.
Dark Duel

Spoiler
The return of Cherudim Gundam (first Gundam of the movie to fight!)
Uh...
Spoiler
Dude, that wasn't Cherudim - that was DYNAMES
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
latenlazy

It was a decent movie, but I felt it was a bit preachy.
Raiden

The message is pretty much the core theme of every Gundam series, but i thought it conveyed it pretty good especially for what they were trying to accomplish.

Even tho
Spoiler
They only did it thanks to Qan[T] being the translator XD
gottaloveblue

I don't know about that. It seemed like ever couple of minutes there is someone stating the we all have to understand each other. Its a nice theme and all but I would agree that they do beat you over the head with something they have been saying ever since season 2. So it seemed like they were treading the exact same ground just this time with these metallic aliens.
My question is if these beings originated from Jupiter then why didn't celestial beings ever make contact with them on their missions to Jupiter to create the GN drives.
ShadowCell

I don't think that's even a theme 00 has in common with other Gundam shows anyway. In other Gundam shows, the magic communicator plot device that will let us all understand each other and bring peace doesn't work. Case in point: Amuro and Char understand each other perfectly and still want to kill each other, which kind of blows a hole in the idea that Newtypes will be beyond war because of their capacity to understand each other (as if the likes of Scirocco and Haman didn't torpedo that argument already).

00 does it differently, because
Spoiler
if 00 were any other Gundam show, the story would have ended with humanity defeating the ELS in battle instead of coming to an understanding with them, but the latter is exactly what Setsuna does when he uses the Quantum System inside the ELS mothership. 00's plot device that provides understanding actually works as advertised, which is not too common in Gundam. It's no coincidence that other Gundam stories end their conflicts by one side being defeated in battle, while the 00 movie ends its conflict by having its version of the Newtype essentially ask the enemy to stop killing us. Yes, other Gundam shows have ended with peace negotiations or treaties, but that was never on the same order as Setsuna teleporting off and instantly ending the fight--permanently, if the tone of the epilogue is any indication.
So if anything, the core message of most Gundam shows is that "war is a sometimes necessary evil, but it's still evil, and there are no shortcuts to getting along"--which is why the conflict is ended by fighting, and the understanding gimmicks don't pan out. But 00's method of understanding actually does work, as evidenced by both the end of S2 and the end of this movie, which means it can't be putting out that message.

Say what you will about this movie, but it was pretty different from other Gundam titles.
Destiny_Gundam

Did anyone else notice the season 2 kill bots working as helper units in the background? I thought it was amusing.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Wingnut

Yeah. They were pretty much the same as their A-LAWS use version except painted orange and lacking the oval shaped machine gun pod hanging below the main body. Beating your swords into plowshares, so to speak.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Amadi Akintunde

I was actually surprised with the film's overall length. I don't think I've watched a mainstream anime film that touched past an hour in length. But this was a whopping two hours and somewhat minutes.
ZeonsSilverStar

Well I finally caved in and watched this movie and I must say while it felt alittle flowery at times, no pun intended, it vastly surpassed my expectations. I honestly can't think of a moment I didn't enjoy for some reason or another, even Grahams death didn't invoke the rage I thought it would. So in the end the ELS weren't really a threat but my question is this, will simply understanding each other be able to solve any conflict that may arise in the 00 universe? One quick sidenote I like how the Quantas beam shield worked, it kinda evoked the Nu Gundams fin funnel barrier.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
RedWolf

Spoiler
00 Raiser didn't need Saji because it was running on GN condensers.

You've got to give it to Aeolia Schenberg. He's Batman. By Batman I'm mean not that he planned for everything just crazy-ass prepared.

He predicted Innovators.
Was the guy behind the Solar Elevators and GN Drives.
Created a Quantum Computer, Veda.

Enacted a plan for humanity to be ready for possible First Contact. The Bonus? GN particles can be used as a medium for Innovator telepathic communication. GN Drives are not just sophisticated batteries but can be set up as a FTL drive with the right tuning.

Unlike other Gundam continuities stuck at Sol in 00 AD continuity they can leave the Sol system.
Dark Duel

Wingnut wrote:Yeah. They were pretty much the same as their A-LAWS use version except painted orange and lacking the oval shaped machine gun pod hanging below the main body. Beating your swords into plowshares, so to speak.
I also saw a white one with a Red Cross painted on its side at one point early on. I think it was in the Royal Palace in Azadistan, when Marina decided to use it as a shelter for the civilians.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Destiny_Gundam

Yeah, I saw one at Marina's palace and another in the background while Saji was working.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
TakaTahuNuva

Amadi Akintunde wrote:I was actually surprised with the film's overall length. I don't think I've watched a mainstream anime film that touched past an hour in length. But this was a whopping two hours and somewhat minutes.
Hmm? With the exception of the Zeta compilations, all Gundam movies so far have been two hours in length. Actually it's more rare to find a Japanese movie that isn't longer than 1:45 - the only exceptions I can think of are the aforementioned Zeta movies, the Eva movies and the original GitS.
ohhhh snap