Turn A Gundam: Coming soon

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mu La Flaga

Re: Turn A Gundam: Coming soon

I assume by Zechs you actually meant Char :P
Since Zechs always had Brian Drummond doing his voice in Wing and Wing Endless Waltz.
However between Michael Koopsa(MSG and CCA), Tom somethingoranother(Zeta) and Steve Blum(movie trilogy dub), it's easy to notice the changing casts in some cases.
Quiddity

Never mentioned Zechs. ^_^
MAHQ Staff - Dunbine, L-Gaim, Escaflowne, Ideon, Gasaraki, The Big O, Overman King Gainer, Zambot 3 and FLCL
In my search for justice, I created war. In my search for war, I created death. In my search for death... I have lost my soul.
Mu La Flaga

Opps my mistake.
Anyway yeah, one of those things still kind of notice though.

I was probably thinking of Lightning Count's quoted post when I replied in the thread.

Anyway, no need to kind of keep on going about this.
TheCollegeD

I want it! I want it RIGHT NOW!!!! hopefully we get a main cast list soon......
Chris
Administrator

TheCollegeD wrote:I want it! I want it RIGHT NOW!!!! hopefully we get a main cast list soon......
I think you're getting ahead of yourself. Bandai hasn't even said if there's going to be a dub.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Mu La Flaga

I wonder how long it's going to be before we hear anything new on the Turn A Gundam release?

It took them a while before they released Zeta Gundam A New Translation movies and the time they announced they got the series.
TheCollegeD

Mu La Flaga wrote:I wonder how long it's going to be before we hear anything new on the Turn A Gundam release?

It took them a while before they released Zeta Gundam A New Translation movies and the time they announced they got the series.
I think they're going to release it within the next year or two. I think they decided to get it now since the trend shows that new series aren't usually produced during an OVA's run, so they probably thought this would be the perfect time to release a series to fill that gap. I think the movies were put off because of GSD then the subsequent release of 00 IMHO.
TakaTahuNuva

Via the live feed of the NYCC Bandai panel - someone asked whether or not Turn A will have a dub.

The answer is no.

So that's that.
ohhhh snap
Mu La Flaga

In some ways doesn't surprise me, think they just want to license and release it so no more pirating on Turn A.
SolidSlug

If the US gets Turn A I'll still have to wait another 2 -5 years for the UK release lol
Easily one of the best Gundam Series next to X,V,Zeta and 0079
God bless the internet,I watched it twice already and in good quality

Turn A probably wont go down well with the majority of the SEED and OO fans. Bandai should promote it like a Studio Ghibli film and get more of a broad anime audience.
Formally the Twisted Child of Apsalus

Sometimes the most appropriate response to reality is to go insane

Red Comet90

That's fine with me. No dub is ok since I really liked the voice cast for Turn A in Japanese. Its not surprising either that its sub only. I just hope Bandai does a good job with them. :mrgreen:

Unfortunately this means Loran won't ever have an official voice outside of the one from Dynasty Warriors Gundam. :cry:
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
Mu La Flaga

SolidSlug wrote:If the US gets Turn A I'll still have to wait another 2 -5 years for the UK release lol
Easily one of the best Gundam Series next to X,V,Zeta and 0079
God bless the internet,I watched it twice already and in good quality

Turn A probably wont go down well with the majority of the SEED and OO fans. Bandai should promote it like a Studio Ghibli film and get more of a broad anime audience.
Hell in Australia with Madman, they just don't release subtitlted shows normally.
So no dub is a killer for if wanted to get it to Australia or so.
Darkerangel

WTH, I'm pissed. Grrr.
Mobile Suit Gundam Rebirth A rogue space team called U-FEA is in search for the Beacon of Hope for the future of humanity. They will have to use the blueprints of the Mobile Weapons before them as part of their arsenal to take down the Xen-Dominion.
Mu La Flaga

I'm happy for it to come out legally dubbed or not.
So yeah that is my opinion.
Shea

TakaTahuNuva wrote:Via the live feed of the NYCC Bandai panel - someone asked whether or not Turn A will have a dub.

The answer is no.

So that's that.

Laziness. Pure laziness. No wonder Gundam is losing American fans.
One of the proud, the willing, and the seemingly growing number of... G-Saviour fanboys.
blind_dead_mcjones

Shea wrote:
TakaTahuNuva wrote:Via the live feed of the NYCC Bandai panel - someone asked whether or not Turn A will have a dub.

The answer is no.

So that's that.

Laziness. Pure laziness. No wonder Gundam is losing American fans.
ecenomics to be more precise, to do an english dub is inherently more expensive than subbing it, add to that the risky venture as to whether it will sell enough to break even, and given how devisive the turn A's design is along with slightly dated animation, i can see why bandai would play it safe
Flag Fighter for life!
ShadowCell

besides, why go to the effort and expense of dubbing it if there's no broadcast deal?
Mu La Flaga

I'm glad it's coming out legally at all, so Bandai will still get money out of me either way.

Besides in the current global ecconomic state it makes sense for them to cust costs where possible.
Where this series aint a series every Gundam fan holds in high reguard.
So as mentioned, hard to say if sales would be good or not.
TheCollegeD

disappointed that they aren't planning on doing a dub but i can understand. It's a 50 episode series which would be more expensive than the average series would cost to dub(most shows now a days are 26 or if they are 50 or so they broken up into two seasons). I'm still going to buy it and hopefully if it still does well for bandai...or one could only hope :-\
1-4-4

blind_dead_mcjones wrote: ecenomics to be more precise, to do an english dub is inherently more expensive than subbing it, add to that the risky venture as to whether it will sell enough to break even, and given how devisive the turn A's design is along with slightly dated animation
What's "slightly dated" about Turn A's animation? It's one of the best-animated Gundam shows ever made... I mean, it's not quite at the level of Endless Waltz in terms of fluid animation, but it's also a TV series rather than an OVA...

Also - spell check.