Turn A Gundam: Coming soon

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Amadi Akintunde

Re: Turn A Gundam: Coming soon?

TakaTahuNuva wrote:
Darkerangel wrote:ooo from Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 do you guys think that, that's going to be Loran's & Gym Ghingham's official voice? And or that's what they are going to aim around for?
I hope so, their voices really fit the characters (even though Loran was a bit whiny at times). But I wouldn't be surprised if they're gonna go with new VAs, as it's probably simpler for them (see: Char's three different VAs).
I agree, the dubs for the Turn A characters in DWG 2 were excellent.
blind_dead_mcjones

Darkerangel wrote: ooo from Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 do you guys think that, that's going to be Loran's & Gym Ghingham's official voice? And or that's what they are going to aim around for?
IF its dubbed whoever does the voices will be handled by ocean group, in which case expect it to be rather average overall, with an unintentionally hilarious line or three.
Flag Fighter for life!
InjuredPelican

blind_dead_mcjones wrote:
Darkerangel wrote: ooo from Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 do you guys think that, that's going to be Loran's & Gym Ghingham's official voice? And or that's what they are going to aim around for?
IF its dubbed whoever does the voices will be handled by ocean group, in which case expect it to be rather average overall, with an unintentionally hilarious line or three.
I think I would be happy if we got a few good narm memes from Turn A. Although I think UNIVERSE! is already a meme.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Quiddity

Would love to see this released officially here in the US, even though I've already seen it a few times. Sure would like to see it get a dub.
MAHQ Staff - Dunbine, L-Gaim, Escaflowne, Ideon, Gasaraki, The Big O, Overman King Gainer, Zambot 3 and FLCL
In my search for justice, I created war. In my search for war, I created death. In my search for death... I have lost my soul.
Hi_Nu_Gundam

His Divine Shadow wrote:While part of me is looking forward to seeing what is perhaps the most bizarre Gundam AU series finally get a US release, I'm pragmatic enough to virtually guarantee it will bomb savagely if it goes to TV. Between the oddball mech designs and the naked ritualism the censors will have a field day with, I fear large portions of the story will simply be lost in translation, which will sow confusion in the audience. This will be, by the way, the same audience that inundates us all with "Is Turn-A REALLY the end of ALL the series, or is it JUST an AU??" threads. :D
Couldn't agree more with what you said, unfortunetly.
Things never to say/ask on MAHQ:

Did Char and Amuro Really die?
I think Wing is better than UC.
Really, are Char and Amuro Dead?
Gundam Seed Destiny was a great show, better than Turn A!
Where can I find Gundam hentai?
Seriously people, did Char and Amuro die or not!?
Darkerangel

Hi_Nu_Gundam wrote:
His Divine Shadow wrote:While part of me is looking forward to seeing what is perhaps the most bizarre Gundam AU series finally get a US release, I'm pragmatic enough to virtually guarantee it will bomb savagely if it goes to TV. Between the oddball mech designs and the naked ritualism the censors will have a field day with, I fear large portions of the story will simply be lost in translation, which will sow confusion in the audience. This will be, by the way, the same audience that inundates us all with "Is Turn-A REALLY the end of ALL the series, or is it JUST an AU??" threads. :D
Couldn't agree more with what you said, unfortunetly.
...if I recall, didn't AdulSwim show the black chick from Code Geass (however you spell it) boobs. They like censored her nipples with a black bar I think, but they like showed the bosoms.
Mobile Suit Gundam Rebirth A rogue space team called U-FEA is in search for the Beacon of Hope for the future of humanity. They will have to use the blueprints of the Mobile Weapons before them as part of their arsenal to take down the Xen-Dominion.
His Divine Shadow

Darkerangel wrote:
...if I recall, didn't AdulSwim show the black chick from Code Geass (however you spell it) boobs. They like censored her nipples with a black bar I think, but they like showed the bosoms.
Because that will totally work on Loren's ass. :P
"If you ask me," said the little man to Shadow, "you're something of a monster. Am I right?"
"I'm American," said Shadow, "if that's what you mean." - Neil Gaiman
InjuredPelican

His Divine Shadow wrote:
Darkerangel wrote:
Because that will totally work on Loren's ass. :P
they can just draw on underwear or shorts. they did it with Naruto's sexy no jutsu.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Darkerangel

InjuredPelican wrote:
they can just draw on underwear or shorts. they did it with Naruto's sexy no jutsu.
Didn't they do exactly that in the first Turn A movie?
Mobile Suit Gundam Rebirth A rogue space team called U-FEA is in search for the Beacon of Hope for the future of humanity. They will have to use the blueprints of the Mobile Weapons before them as part of their arsenal to take down the Xen-Dominion.
Overlord Zaru

Sounds great, was hoping for ZZ though(The ZZ cast had a great VA in Dynasty gundam 2).

Was F-91 Gundam dubbed?
ShadowCell wrote: Zanald is so disappointed in you he's going to smash a desk for every time you people disappoint him. there will be no desks for the little schoolchildren of Vagan because Zanald will have smashed them all. i hope you people are happy.
Dark Duel

Overlord Zaru wrote:Was F-91 Gundam dubbed?
Yes it was. Seabook was voiced by Steve Staley (aka Shiro Amada, Banagher Links). Don't remember any of the others, except that Zabine Chareux, the movie's kinda-sorta-not-really-a-Char, was voiced by the guy who voices the big bald dude in Unicorn who looks like Jesse Ventura.

Linky
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
DuelGundam2099

Bandai Entertainment has received word some of our staff have arrived at San Diego for Comic-Con! Be sure to check out our panel at 6:30 pm today (Thursday) in Room 3!
An update from the facebook page.
Amadi Akintunde

Oh poo. Gotta wait three hours. Here I was, stoked to hear the announcement 20 minutes ago only to read San Diego shortly after.
DuelGundam2099

I probably should have posted this earlier, but there was something on the Wall posted before that one.
Bandai Entertainment oooh~ /played the game version the other announcement for SDCC. \(^o^)/ < because this emoji brought us amusement reading.
A Turn A Gundam game probably?
Amadi Akintunde

Never heard of any Turn A Gundam games. Unless they're speaking of something game related. Gundam vs Gundam maybe.
DuelGundam2099

Whatever it is we're going to find out in 100 minutes from now.
TakaTahuNuva

It's official - Turn A is licensed!!

Now it's time to partyyyy

(And to the above comments - they said "the other announcement", likely referring to Tales of the Abyss)
ohhhh snap
jabman025

everyone sing with me!

TURN A TURN TURN A TURN TURN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
Amuro Ray of v

TURN A TURN TURN A TURN TURN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! TURN A Gundam! is the world coming to an end or something? I never believe to see this day! YEAH!!!
One of these days I'm gonna get Bright!
Solar Radio Wave
"Video games are evil."
-Yoshiyuki Tomino
The "v" in my name is whatever you think it is.
Dark Duel

I'm doing my happy dance here. Can't believe we're getting not only one of the old, good AUs, but TURN-A of all things
jabman025 wrote:everyone sing with me!

TURN A TURN TURN A TURN TURN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I dunno, I personally always preferred CENTURY COLOR. Much catchier.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."