The Official SRW OG: The Inspector Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Strike Zero

Re: The Official SRW OG: The Inspector Thread Mk I

You know, there's the Paper Thin Disguise...
Spoiler
and then there's attempting to disguise your giant robot by having it wear another giant robot's head as a hat. You are not fooling anybody, Ratsel. I really cannot believe he would attempt to insult our intelligence with such a crappy cover-up.

Now, if you guys don't mind, might somebody be able to fill me in on the location of one Elzam Von Branstein? The guy owes me money, but I can't seem to find him anywhere, though I have a sneaking suspicion that he's managed to take on a disguise of his own. That Ratsel character would do well to take a few pointers from him on how a secret identity is really supposed to work.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Dark Duel

So what are we supposed to call this Garlion/Huckebein mishmash? Hucklion? :D
That said, I find it odd that thy chose to cobble together an even-more-glaringly-obvious not-Huckebein rather than just put him in an Exbein Trombe. I kinda wish they'd done the latter. As awesome as the Hucklion Trombe looks, as far as Huck MkIII expys go I like the Exbein better.
Mu La Flaga wrote:Episode 10 contains the following spoilers in this pic :P
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/5311 ... 557452.jpg
Enjoy!
*enjoys*
Epic Lolibots are EPIC. I can't wait to see Royal Heartbreaker in animation.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Mu La Flaga

I'm going to be curious for episode 10 how they function in battle if they just fly so fast and dodge almost everything and just wipe the floor with those units?

I would assume so.
Vent Noir

Just managed to watch ep. 7 and 8 after recovering from my computer crashing. 7 was good, with Lat-chan and GESPENSTOOO KIIIIIIIIICKKKKK!!!!!!!!!! Episode 8 felt disjointed like the early ones, but Lune/Ryune did get a cool Big Damn Heroes moment (lot of those in this show).
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Mu La Flaga

It may have felt disjointed but they had to set up the other half of the cast namely with how and why they are heading to Eearth ect.

Not to mention the Inspectors are a common source of trouble that will link sides together and not have so many episodes that are out there on their own in future.
thatguyent

I know I'm kind of late, but what's with the Red Mk. II S Gespy having a freakin' Revolver Stake on its right arm? I'm sorry, but I don't remember that Being on the mech. Don't know about the rest of you. In fact, I'm about to go check the Line-art on MAHQ, and as many other sites as I can find Line-art for it.
Come Check out my new SRW RPG at Coloholics: Super Robot Wars: OG Stars of Fate

Setsuna F. Seiei is the baddest AU Gundam pilot of all, because unlike Heero Yuy, he doesn't cry over puppies, and also, because he killed his mom and didn't cry, now that's scary.
Mu La Flaga

As was said in the episode by Kai, since Alt Eissen was undergoing maintennace.
They did up the Gespenst MK 2-S to look like the Alt Eissen including those dummy parts.

Since to most DC pilots, it's hard to tell apart, especially at range.

Edit: This was a good episode and now the Hiryu is already on Earth with the Hagane, that was quick I will say.

I wont spoil any other details, the fights this episode were okay, nothing too spectacular for me.
I did enjoy seeing Masaki show up, along with Aestelion and the Calions getting to fight for a bit early on.
Trombe did not play for long enough in this episode.

There were some funny moments, such as when Vigagi grabbed part of the screen.
And his broken translator issues :P
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sume Gai

episode 9 was a lot of fun.
Spoiler
-Vigagi is still quite aware of the fourth wall. (he pushed Ratsel's cut-in aside with his actual hand)
-The Astelion's debut felt a tad rushed but it's first battle was good.
-Maybe it was another OGs alteration (similar to making Axel more sympathetic) but Sleigh seems to be less of a brat over being the best.
his broken translator issues
I assure you that translator works quite well. :mrgreen:

EDIT: I hope I'm not the only one to notice that Sleigh's "uniform" looks oh so similar to a certain other "Comet" whom happens to have a thing for the primary color that is neither blue or yellow
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
DuelGundam2099

EDIT: I hope I'm not the only one to notice that Sleigh's "uniform" looks oh so similar to a certain other "Comet" whom happens to have a thing for the primary color that is neither blue or yellow
Char I take it? :P And for some reason Ibis's outfit reminds me of the Innovades from Gundam 00.

But yeah, I just watched it and I'm both amazed yet disappointed at the same time.
Spoiler
Galgau and Siblerwind got taken out REALLY fast, come on! And if it's "Silver"wind, why does the main site spell it as "Sibel"?
And Huckbien Mark 3 Trombe looking like Gunbuster, made of win right there. 8)
Wingnut

What can I say that hasn't already been said?

Gai, I agree with you about Sleigh. DuelGundam2099, that's just her under clothing. She usually wears an outfit similar to Sleigh's. She had it off here to take care of her injury.

I do miss the dark colored parts of Ibis's hair too. They were a defining trait to her look.

And
Spoiler
well played with Ibis's theme here. Those first couple seconds of it playing then just dropping had me confused, but then once it started up again for maneuver RaMVs, it all made sense. Also using the "Winds of La Gais" theme means they're saving Masaki's usual theme for something else later.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Dark Duel

Sume Gai wrote:episode 9 was a lot of fun.
Spoiler
-Vigagi is still quite aware of the fourth wall. (he pushed Ratsel's cut-in aside with his actual hand)
Oh yes, that was funny indeed. :lol:

Anyhow, setting aside the awesomeness of the Astelion's début and the Gunbuster-esque appearance and sheer awesomeness of the "Guarbein MkIII Trombe", this episode continues the trend of densely-packed EPIC WIN in each episode that was begun a couple of weeks ago.
Rätsel's entrance was awesomeness personified...but Masaki did it better. And my, oh my, does Masaki look good. A lot better than I expected from the character lineart. BTW, I fangasmed at how incredibly epic the Akashic Buster was when animated...which promises much epicness with Cosmo Nova, if and when we see that.
On the subject of the Inspectors seen thus far. I don't like Vigagi or his mech - the latter of which looks like some kind of MechaGodzilla reject.
I do find Silberwind fairly awesome. And I like Aguija so far.

Oh, and for those who want it, Here's a DL link for the screens I took of the episode.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
DuelGundam2099

On the subject of the Inspectors seen thus far. I don't like Vigagi or his mech - the latter of which looks like some kind of MechaGodzilla reject.
Galgau reminds me more of Gigan for some reason. It's not his appearance that was disappointing, it's how quickly he got defeated AND he only used one weapon! COME ON!

BTW is it supposed to be Silber or Silver Wind? If it's the latter why does the main site have it incorrect?
this episode continues the trend of densely-packed EPIC WIN in each episode that was begun a couple of weeks ago.
It started since the first episode aired, how can you say that? It has the crew of Godannar (and from what I hear Gundam 00) with the mechanical designer of the Macross franchise and their leader being none other than the one and only Masami Obrai. 8)
Last edited by DuelGundam2099 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wingnut

Something else I managed to catch on a second watching.
Spoiler
Those that have played OGs, or at least seen a video of Shine piloting her Fairlion might remember the outfit she gets for piloting. Lat's now got a matching purple one. :D
Edit: It's supposed to be Sibilwind. The translators simply made another minor error here. It does kinda sound like Sliver too listening to it.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
DuelGundam2099

Just so everyone understands who Obrai is leading I'm gonna list the main ones with mech designs familiar to you people with links that contained what other anime they've worked in.

Kazutaka Miyatake; mech designs include Aquarion, the original Dunbine series, Eureka Seven (both TV series and movie), Gunbuster, the entire Macross franchise except for 2, Gundam SEED and SEED Destiny plus the SEED compilation trilogy, and RahXephon.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... php?id=264

Hajime Katoki; mech designs include After War Gundam X, G Gundam, Gundam Evolve, the MS IGLOO trilogy, Gundam 0083, Gundam Unicorn, Gundam Wing (series and Endless Waltz), 08th MS Team, and Victory Gundam.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... php?id=124

Mika Akitaka; mech designs include several of the Gundam series above with Double Zeta Gundam and Martian Successor Nadesico.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=6998

Masahiro Yamane; mech designs include Big O, GaoGaiGar FINAL Grand Glorious Gathering, Gun X Sword, Code Geass, and Steel God Jeeg.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=7726

Tsukasa Kotobuki; mech designs from Godannar.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=3021
thatguyent

Okay, thanks for clearing the whole "doctored" Gespy Mk. II S thing up for me. I still haven't managed to find a subbed version of episode seven to watch yet unfortunately, so I had to make guesses at what was going on with the Gesp-Eisen. Other then that, yeah, I must agree, pure win for three episodes straight.

Now all I need to see is the R-Formation attack, the "Love Love" Attack (ROFL. Just had a flash of Kyosuke and Excellen arguing mid-arse-whipping...), and the Twin Birds Attack. That will make me overjoyed.

Oh, and the Tatsumaki Zankantou, of course.

One thing though, we've already got Gilliam and his type R doing the whole Big-O/ Giant Robo "Summoned by verbal command watch" thing, so how can they make the entry of the Dygenguard/Daizengar/ whatever you wanna call it, equally as epic? Every time this mech enters the battle field in need to be made of win.

In fact, I'm almost chomping at the bit to see it used for the first time in contact with that ugly sack of a wannabe Mecha Godzilla, the Galgau. WHich, in all honesty, is kind of a cool looking mech.
Come Check out my new SRW RPG at Coloholics: Super Robot Wars: OG Stars of Fate

Setsuna F. Seiei is the baddest AU Gundam pilot of all, because unlike Heero Yuy, he doesn't cry over puppies, and also, because he killed his mom and didn't cry, now that's scary.
Destiny_Gundam

thatguyent wrote:I still haven't managed to find a subbed version of episode seven to watch yet unfortunately
I don't think you've looked hard enough.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Vent Noir

The highlight of this episoTROMBE OVERRIDE!!!!!

Ahem. Apart from that, nice to see Ibis. I'm anticipating the Fairlions next ep (is there a model kit for the Fairlion?).
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Strike Zero

Vent Noir wrote:(is there a model kit for the Fairlion?).
Apparently.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Destiny_Gundam

"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Den Sethos

For the Silber/Silver Wind awkwardness, it could be either: Silber is Silver in German. And we all know everything sounds more martial in German...