Gundam-- What IF?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.

Moderators: ShadowCell, EZero8

SilverDragon6
Mecha Flunky
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:56 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Gundam-- What IF?

Post by SilverDragon6 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:02 am

I don't understand how Lacus dying would make that big of a difference. Meer was brought in to act as Lacus for Durandal so he could have better control the masses and he sent those assassins to off Lacus so she wouldn't be a problem later.
As for Kira and co whether or not the assassination attempt succeeded shouldn't change the fact that a bunch of coordinators with Zaft tech just tried to kill Lacus and that there's a fake one working in the plants. They still have plenty of reason to suspect Durandal of not being trust worthy.
What's Lacus dying suppose add to the scenario?

Bord
Lackey GM Pilot
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:40 am
Location: Mandaluyong

Re: Gundam-- What IF?

Post by Bord » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:12 pm

Wingnut wrote:
Bord wrote:What if, by some dimensional distortion or something like that, that the Wing Gundam Zero and Heero ended up in the One Year War and chose to fight for Zeon against the Earth Federation. Will he cross paths with Amuro? How would the One Year War end?
Depends on what the Zero system tells him. I suspect it would mark at least Giren as his enemy, if not the whole Zabi family.
Zero destroying the Solar Ray or A Baoa Qu in one shot would be quite a sight to behold! I could imagine the look on the Zeeks' faces if that happens. But if Heero went with Zeon, and joined the Jaburo invasion well... OYW may have ended drastically.

HalfDemonInuyasha
Retconned MSV Ace
Posts: 1570
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:51 am
Location: Albany, NY
Contact:

Re: Gundam-- What IF?

Post by HalfDemonInuyasha » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:56 pm

The thing is, even though she didn't die, they STILL provided reason to suspect JUST by being there and trying to kill her in the first place and while they did a little bit, they just seemed to brush it off... x_x;;

Hmm...I guess a couple small ones that seemed to have a HUGE impact too would be what if Nicole and/or Tol didn't die? lol
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet

User avatar
Thundermuffin
Elitist Earth Politician
Posts: 654
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:16 pm
Location: Wh-what the HELLLLL???

Re: Gundam-- What IF?

Post by Thundermuffin » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:56 pm

SilverDragon6 wrote:I don't understand how Lacus dying would make that big of a difference. Meer was brought in to act as Lacus for Durandal so he could have better control the masses and he sent those assassins to off Lacus so she wouldn't be a problem later.
As for Kira and co whether or not the assassination attempt succeeded shouldn't change the fact that a bunch of coordinators with Zaft tech just tried to kill Lacus and that there's a fake one working in the plants. They still have plenty of reason to suspect Durandal of not being trust worthy.
What's Lacus dying suppose add to the scenario?
Better motivation for the Archangel crew to get involved beyond just their own self-righteousness.

User avatar
Red Comet90
Okawara x Katoki Love Child
Posts: 1008
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:25 pm
Location: Axis
Contact:

Re: Gundam-- What IF?

Post by Red Comet90 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:48 pm

HalfDemonInuyasha wrote: Hmm...I guess a couple small ones that seemed to have a HUGE impact too would be what if Nicole and/or Tol didn't die? lol
Then we wouldn't have seen the huge Kira/Athrun battle around episode 28 of SEED. Although maybe if Nicol died and Tol didn't Athrun would go all out on Kira. I wonder if Kira would have survived an enraged Athrun without Tol dieing.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn

User avatar
Dark Duel
Determined Shonen Hero
Posts: 4766
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:39 pm
Location: A blue City in a red State

Re: Gundam-- What IF?

Post by Dark Duel » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:48 pm

RAGE-Seed Kira only survived because the Aegis's battery conveniently ran out seconds before the Scylla cannon reduced him to spare quarks...so I seriously doubt it.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS
// GUNPLA THREAD //

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."

User avatar
blind_dead_mcjones
Okawara x Katoki Love Child
Posts: 1088
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:19 am
Location: South Australia

Re: Gundam-- What IF?

Post by blind_dead_mcjones » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:20 am

here's another couple of gundam seed related ones, what if Garcier was successful in convincing kira to hand over the strike to the Eursians?

or alternatively what if the heliopolis raid ended in dismal failure for ZAFT, failing to capture ANY of the GAT suits?
Flag Fighter for life!

User avatar
Amadi Akintunde
Elitist Earth Politician
Posts: 722
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:32 pm

Re: Gundam-- What IF?

Post by Amadi Akintunde » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:30 am

Bord wrote:
Wingnut wrote:
Bord wrote:What if, by some dimensional distortion or something like that, that the Wing Gundam Zero and Heero ended up in the One Year War and chose to fight for Zeon against the Earth Federation. Will he cross paths with Amuro? How would the One Year War end?
Depends on what the Zero system tells him. I suspect it would mark at least Giren as his enemy, if not the whole Zabi family.
Zero destroying the Solar Ray or A Baoa Qu in one shot would be quite a sight to behold! I could imagine the look on the Zeeks' faces if that happens. But if Heero went with Zeon, and joined the Jaburo invasion well... OYW may have ended drastically.
For some reason I doubt that Heero would end up joining Zeon. After being shown how malicious they were during the course of the war I think he'd fight for the Federation.

User avatar
InjuredPelican
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:43 pm
Location: United States of Ameria

Re: Gundam-- What IF?

Post by InjuredPelican » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:10 am

I had a story I started about Athrun in SEED Destiny. It was motivated by my love for the Savior Gundam and its ridiculous 3 second destruction by the Freedom. So I had Athrun actually fight back against Kira, realizing the Archangel was just a loose cannon without any goals. Kira's involvement led to the death of Heine, and Kira was unable to explain just what the heck he intended to do by fighting with ZAFT and Orb. So Athrun officially sided with Zaft and helped Shinn defeat the Freedom Gundam, though without killing his best friend.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack

User avatar
CidHighwind
Creepy Bishonen
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:58 pm

Re: Gundam-- What IF?

Post by CidHighwind » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:15 am

Amadi Akintunde wrote:For some reason I doubt that Heero would end up joining Zeon. After being shown how malicious they were during the course of the war I think he'd fight for the Federation.
Actually, this is more plausible than you think. In the years since 1979 Gundam, we've been shown that the Feddies aren't quite good and the Zeon not quite bad. Of course, Gihren's radical hitler-esque persona isnt exactly good by any stretch, neither is the Fed's oppression of the spacenoids, which is what caused the Zeon to rebel in the first place, and a good reason at that. And this reason isn't all that much different than what caused Heero and the Gundam pilots/scientists to collaborate on Operation Meteor in AC time-line. After all, Heero has spent his life as an oppressed spacenoid, and it was enough to make him fight.

Honestly, it all comes down to when Heero would step into the time-line of UC. If it was before Operation British, he would likely side with he Zeon wholeheartedly. After Operation British, though, he may not. It is very similar to the original Operation Meteor he refused to take part in. One Gihren steps up to the plate, I doubt he would side with the Zeon at all.

User avatar
mcred23
Traitor Villain
Posts: 4997
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:12 pm
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Contact:

Re: Gundam-- What IF?

Post by mcred23 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:41 am

Of course, with Zeon starting the war by basically slaughtering a few billion people in the other sides with nukes and gas, I doubt Heero would be very supportive of them even then. The only way I could see him siding with Zeon is if he wound up there before the war started, and then I have to wonder if either he or the Zero System wouldn't have relized or figured out what was going on ("Look at all those G3 gas canisters and nuclear warheads pointed at those civilians...").
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')

User avatar
ORegan
Monster of the Week
Posts: 1827
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:49 pm
Location: Boston
Contact:

Re: Gundam-- What IF?

Post by ORegan » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:27 pm

mcred23 wrote:Of course, with Zeon starting the war by basically slaughtering a few billion people in the other sides with nukes and gas, I doubt Heero would be very supportive of them even then. The only way I could see him siding with Zeon is if he wound up there before the war started, and then I have to wonder if either he or the Zero System wouldn't have relized or figured out what was going on ("Look at all those G3 gas canisters and nuclear warheads pointed at those civilians...").
What if he came into the picture after the gassing and colony drops, say a week or so after the Antartica Treaty was signed? Even with the Zero system, He wouldn't have knowledge of the gassing and dropping of giant pieces of metal onto Earth, so in the eyes of a confused colonist freedom fighter, Zeon would appear to be the 'good guys' and side with them...although this only works if Zeon officials don't fill in the gaps, less they piss off the only person who can pilot the beam totting MS from another dimension with a computer system that can cause epic team killing. :P
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?

HalfDemonInuyasha
Retconned MSV Ace
Posts: 1570
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:51 am
Location: Albany, NY
Contact:

Re: Gundam-- What IF?

Post by HalfDemonInuyasha » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:26 pm

Well, I doubt you'd be able to keep such huge events under wraps as it is lest they have some way of tracking every little bit of loose info everywhere else and killing those who begin speaking of it, lol.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet

User avatar
mcred23
Traitor Villain
Posts: 4997
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:12 pm
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Contact:

Re: Gundam-- What IF?

Post by mcred23 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:53 pm

Yeah, I doubt the Zekes could cover all of that up from Heero, or do so for any extended amount of time. I don't think it would take Heero too much time to figure out which side was the one that started the mass killings, nevermind whatever the Zero System may be telling him during all this...
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')

User avatar
ORegan
Monster of the Week
Posts: 1827
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:49 pm
Location: Boston
Contact:

Re: Gundam-- What IF?

Post by ORegan » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:01 pm

mcred23 wrote:Yeah, I doubt the Zekes could cover all of that up from Heero, or do so for any extended amount of time. I don't think it would take Heero too much time to figure out which side was the one that started the mass killings, nevermind whatever the Zero System may be telling him during all this...
I think it'd be pretty damn easy to NOT tell someone important key factors of the war, or to outright lie. And the Zero system is just a calculating computer with no known ways to communicate with external computers (no wi-fi :P), so I doubt it'd magically figure out Zeon gassed alot of people without someone hooking it up to the internet.....if they even have the internet in UC.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?

User avatar
mcred23
Traitor Villain
Posts: 4997
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:12 pm
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Contact:

Re: Gundam-- What IF?

Post by mcred23 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:10 pm

ORegan wrote:I think it'd be pretty damn easy to NOT tell someone important key factors of the war, or to outright lie.
Yeah, for a short time (Which, granted, may be all Zeon would need), but I can't see it working long term. You'd basically have to keep Heero completely isolated from the outside world (I wonder how he'd react to that), so he can't hear some random comment or read something or whatever that may give some indication as to who started the war and what it was they did in those first few weeks.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')

User avatar
ORegan
Monster of the Week
Posts: 1827
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:49 pm
Location: Boston
Contact:

Re: Gundam-- What IF?

Post by ORegan » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:07 pm

[quote="mcred23]

Yeah, for a short time (Which, granted, may be all Zeon would need), but I can't see it working long term. You'd basically have to keep Heero completely isolated from the outside world (I wonder how he'd react to that), so he can't hear some random comment or read something or whatever that may give some indication as to who started the war and what it was they did in those first few weeks.[/quote]

If he's stationed with the military the whole time, it wouldn't be too much of a hassle seeing the military would control the information coming and going. Even with some shore leave on the Zeon homeland or Zeon controlled territory wouldn't do too well with all the propaganda being thrown about....unless he runs into the cliched rebels who inform him of everything...meddling kids :P
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?

User avatar
ShadowCell
Traitor Villain
Posts: 5824
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Gundam-- What IF?

Post by ShadowCell » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:15 pm

Ah yes, hiding information from the master hacker Heero Yuy.

No way that could go wrong.

User avatar
ORegan
Monster of the Week
Posts: 1827
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:49 pm
Location: Boston
Contact:

Re: Gundam-- What IF?

Post by ORegan » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:28 pm

ShadowCell wrote:Ah yes, hiding information from the master hacker Heero Yuy.

No way that could go wrong.
Don't give him unsupervised access to a computer. I wouldn't let some random guy who just existed some freaky vortex thing onto a computer connected to the military's network without someone looking at what he's doing. He may not be happy about it, but it logically makes sense.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?

User avatar
ShadowCell
Traitor Villain
Posts: 5824
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Gundam-- What IF?

Post by ShadowCell » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:02 pm

ORegan wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:Ah yes, hiding information from the master hacker Heero Yuy.

No way that could go wrong.
Don't give him unsupervised access to a computer. I wouldn't let some random guy who just existed some freaky vortex thing onto a computer connected to the military's network without someone looking at what he's doing. He may not be happy about it, but it logically makes sense.
Ah yes, deny Master Hacker and Super Soldier Heero Yuy information about what it is you're doing, and then expect him to still not know what you're doing but join you in doing it anyway.

No way that could go wrong.

I know, I know, the inner Zeon fanboy screams out for some way to let the Space Nazis win the war and the almighty Wing Zero seems like as good a bet as any, but even if you threw Heero and his uber Gundam into the mix, he's not gonna work for Gihren "Hitler? Me? Oh, you're too kind, dad" Zabi. That goes against pretty much all of his character.

Post Reply