Gunpla Senshi Gunpla Builders Beginning G

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
darkhunger

Re: Gunpla Senshi Gunpla Builders Beginning G

Wingnut wrote:It got leaked.
The raw that is out is from the TV broadcast of it. Not a leak.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

An interesting part about the combat that I will kinda spoil is that when a suit takes damage like losing an arm or leg, the thing breaks apart like the actual gunpla. Meaning you see things like connectors and polycaps rather than metal joints and exposed and sparking wiring. It's a neat touch.
Spoiler
Watching Part A I notice Haru reattaching his Gunpla's right arm after it got blown off in the game, implying that whatever damage inflicted on Gunpla in the game is also inflicted in the real world.

The blonde guy with the shades, "B. Schauer," also appears at the end. It's a Char, I tell you, a Char!!!
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Murra

darkhunger wrote:
Wingnut wrote:It got leaked.
The raw that is out is from the TV broadcast of it. Not a leak.
Actually it hasn't been shown on TV, it was shown at the Gundam Super Expo and also is available to watch for free on the Bandai Channel website.

Wingnut wrote:An interesting part about the combat that I will kinda spoil is that when a suit takes damage like losing an arm or leg, the thing breaks apart like the actual gunpla. Meaning you see things like connectors and polycaps rather than metal joints and exposed and sparking wiring. It's a neat touch.
An even more so interesting part of this is that Koji boasts about his modifications to the Hi-Nu kit so that he could use all the fin funnels. So apparently if you don't make those modifications it would appear you can use weapons that aren't completely implemented in the model.
Heecarl_Reez

An even more so interesting part of this is that Koji boasts about his modifications to the Hi-Nu kit so that he could use all the fin funnels. So apparently if you don't make those modifications it would appear you can use weapons that aren't completely implemented in the model.
Seems like they really pay attention to the kit details, given that the unmodified HGUC Hi-Nu only have 2 active funnels.:mrgreen:
darkhunger

Murra wrote:Actually it hasn't been shown on TV, it was shown at the Gundam Super Expo and also is available to watch for free on the Bandai Channel website.
It has. It aired on BS11 Digital on 8/15/10.
RLZIII

After having watched the first episode, it actually seems kinda cool. Even though the series is based on model kits and a video game, there is still (of course) plenty of over dramatic characters. But it still makes for a fun watch. It would be cool if Bandai slips in some more suits that people want to see animated (like the Hi-Nu). Unfortunately, the episode is only about 15 minutes; and there's only three of 'em. Would be nice to see this idea fleshed out more, as there's potential for (like others here have said) some interesting crossovers. Maybe this will have a sequel OVA if it does well, similar to MS IGLOO.
wm4

RLZIII wrote:......It would be cool if Bandai slips in some more
suits that people want to see animated (like the Hi-Nu).
In case those mobile suits could result as effective stock clearance. I think
they put some of the models in the show because they have piles of them
in their stock room, waiting for removal. Coming would still be the model
that did not sell well. :D

Except for the erratic movements of the main suits (the movements of
Beginning and Hi-nu, even without the funnels, looks really unnatural), the
show is good so far.
Dark Duel

Looking around Daitrombe.net. I found a gem of a scan that, in addition to a WINsome pose of the Beginning Gundam, showcases full-color lineart of what has become my personal favorite of Beginning G's "original-ish" designs: Forever Gundam, whose paintjob should come as a suprise to nobody, given its design.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Gelgoog Jager

Found a scan with some of the new color schemes for the MS that will appear in future episodes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/ ... aEp2MS.jpg
Dark Duel

I'd seen kit photos a while back of that Gelgoog and The O, but the others are new.
The GunCannon looks sort of cool, but the Skittles-colored Z'Gok and the yellow Zaku kind of make me want to stab my eyes out.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
SolidSpidr

Watched part A and didn't really understand a thing since I don't know Japanese but at the end I was able to pick out "Gunpla Meister" which made me lol. So is our Char in this series referring to himself when he says that line?
“The school of the undefeated East!”
“The winds of the king!”
“Zenshin!”
“Keiretsu!”
“Tempa Kyoran!”
“Look! The East is burning red!”
-Master Asia

Click me!, Click me!
Wingnut

It seems that way. One who has taken the craft to an extreme level and will likely hand the protagonist his rear end early in part B.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Dark Duel

When is that supposed to come out, anyway?

darkhunger

Dark Duel wrote:When is that supposed to come out, anyway?
Part B is airing on BS11 on 10/31/10.
DuelGundam2099

That is very strange because I found a vid of it on, er, um, well where it is isn't important.

Also, is this series just going on unnoticed because I haven't seen anyone thus far that seems really interested in it. I'm also amazed no english subs exist. :?
Murra

Really, you're not missing anything, I've translated it somewhere and the dialogue is mostly boring and sales pitchy.

Actual lines incude
"You don't need glue and even without painting just putting it together gives you the right colours."
You hear that kids? You don't need paint or glue!

For information on the end
Spoiler
Not char: That gundam.. the legendary.. no, machine from the beginning, Beginning. To think that boy's the one who got it.

Haru: Huh? What?

Not char: I am Boris Schauer, master of plastic models, Gunpla Meister.

Haru: Meister?

Not char: Your skills as a Gunpla Builder, and the ability of Beginning.. show me! Your opponent is my gunpla, Forever Gundam!
If the tepid action and terrible designs didn't grab you, the translation won't make a difference.
Wingnut

Murra wrote:If the tepid action and terrible designs didn't grab you, the translation won't make a difference.
Speak for yourself. I never expected this to have some sort of super deep plot or epic battles that span the Earth sphere, but I have not been disappointed by any of the MS designs I've seen for this or how they have been shown in the battles.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
1-4-4

Gelgoog Jager wrote:Here's another new one:

White Hyaku Shiki
Heh, I like how they chopped off the top stroke to change "hundred" to "white".

"Haku-shiki", I suppose? :)

(EDIT): Ah, I was close... He didn't call it "Haku-shiki", he called it "Byaku-shiki". I didn't know "Byaku" was a reading for the "white" kanji...
They didn't really cover how Kenta painted his Hyaku Shiki white - markers, I suppose, but wouldn't he have to strip the gold first?
Last edited by 1-4-4 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DuelGundam2099

Well, I just watched BOTH episode 1 and 2 (yes 2 is leaked) and I have to say for something so short it is actually entertaining. And no, you do not need subs to understand what is going on. Also, anyone looking forward to new gunplas in ep 2 you'll be disappointed, I'll explain in the spoilers.
Spoiler
Only the White Hyaku Shiki and Super Zaku Custom appear with Forever Gundam beating the tar out of Beginning Gundam at the beginning. So yeah, no razzy zakus, z'goks, guncannons, or even Black The O. The ending did briefly show an Acguy in a bear costume (I kid you not) and a black gundam makes a two second appearance right as the episode ends.
Overall, it's good thus far.