MSV-R: The Return of Johnny Ridden

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Bright Noa

MSV-R: The Return of Johnny Ridden

http://superrobotwar.wordpress.com/2010 ... ridden-01/

The Crimson Lightning finally gets his own series. And starts it off by changing personal colors, apparently.
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
Arsarcana

Re: MSV-R: The Return of Johnny Ridden

Maybe he finally got so sick of being confused with Char that he decided it was time for a makeover?
J-Lead

From the looks of things, this takes place in 0090, after his unseen career with the AEUG. He's working for a group called the Federation Survey Service under the name of Led Wayline. Seems interesting; it's nice to get some insight on what the poor guy's been occupying himself with.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
T.V.

J-Lead wrote:Led Wayline.
O.o
I take it "Led Astray" and "Red Herring" were already taken then?..

The production value seems up to par and the premise is somewhat interesting.
I'm not quite up to snuff on the Crimson Lightning however, having never read any sidestories or having played Gundam related games featuring him.

Since MSV-R is as semi-official as non-animated works can get, I wonder if Bandai will create any plamo kits related to it.
Last edited by T.V. on Sat May 01, 2010 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluemax151

Well they are releasing a new MG FA-78-1, wouldn't take much to do a variant or for B-club to release option parts. I know I'd be tempted to pick one of them up even though I stopped buying the models years ago. I'm tempted to buy the regular release FA Gundam already since it's one of my favourite designs.

This at least establishes that the previous Johnny manga's ending was one of survival since it kind of left you hanging.
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
Dark Duel

Johnny Ridden, Gundam pilot. This looks very promising, especially since the G-3 has always been my favorite of the 78-2 paintjobs.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Kenji

Also, even though it was a simulation and the bogeys were Gelgoogs, it lends more to the idea that the new mobile suits of the Gryps and Neo Zeon Conflicts aren't that enormous of a step above the One Year War's machines. Not as much as people seem to assume, anyway.
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Zerosystem

Kenji wrote:Also, even though it was a simulation and the bogeys were Gelgoogs, it lends more to the idea that the new mobile suits of the Gryps and Neo Zeon Conflicts aren't that enormous of a step above the One Year War's machines. Not as much as people seem to assume, anyway.
I thought they only had the FA G3 out because the FSS was tasked with recording information and records of older machines, not because they thought they could get some combat use out of it?
gp=pc----c>--- %%
__|______|_____|_______
bazooka | shell | explosion
Deacon Blues

The mobile suits are not from the Gryps and Neo Zeon era, that's why. They're using data on the machine that's from the end of the One Year War.
Doctord

Well that just makes me wonder what happened to Shin even more.

Cool to see Johnny back though.
" Or you could go the G Gundam route and have MS shaped like fish and windmills. Plus old men taking down MS with towels."

Char Aznable touching your butt is like the Gundam version of being knighted!
Volnixshin

How about this? Its the same color scheme as the new Gundam he pilots, and its reputedly piloted by a former top zeon ace.
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."