The Official SD Gundam Sangokuden Thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

Re: SD Gundam Sangokuden Discussion Thread

Episode 5 is out and mostly serves to gather our heros together (under rather pathetic leadership I might add. How exactly did they choose who leads this alliance anyways?)

And of course, more comparisons:

Enjutsu
Enshou
Kayuu
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Ryujin

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Episode 5 is out and mostly serves to gather our heros together (under rather pathetic leadership I might add. How exactly did they choose who leads this alliance anyways?)
The Yuans basically came from a family with lots of political power. After Dong Zhuo/Toutaku took over, Yuan Shao/Enshou had a falling-out with him. Afterwards, everyone else got mad at Toutaku and formed a grand coalition. Yuan Shao was pretty popular at this point so got elected the leader.

Note that, at this point, SouSou, the Son family (Sonsaku, etc.) and other famous characters were still subordinates at this point, serving under the banners of other leaders and thus had no say in the selection of the overall leader.

Of course, in an anime that's about 12 min. per episode, a lot of stuff gets glossed over.

In the various anime adaptations, Enshou's character has generally conformed to his persona in the novels: that of an arrogant, self-centered person who often doesn't listen to good advice, and has brave but stupid generals.
Genocide

Any chance you could post these with their original Chinese names? I'm not familiar at all with the Japanese names, and I could take a guess as to who's who, but some of them seem a bit hard to tell.
TakaTahuNuva

Genocide wrote:
Any chance you could post these with their original Chinese names? I'm not familiar at all with the Japanese names, and I could take a guess as to who's who, but some of them seem a bit hard to tell.
The Chinese names are written in the pictures themselves, before the Mobile Suit names.
ohhhh snap
Genocide

TakaTahuNuva wrote:The Chinese names are written in the pictures themselves, before the Mobile Suit names.
Ah, I completely missed that. Thanks for pointing it out.

I must say even though I'm a pretty big ROTTK fan, I've never been very fond of SD Gundam (outside of G Generation). The animation in this one particularly brings up bad memories of SD Gundam Force.
VentZX

Genocide wrote:I must say even though I'm a pretty big ROTTK fan, I've never been very fond of SD Gundam (outside of G Generation). The animation in this one particularly brings up bad memories of SD Gundam Force.
SD Gundam Force? Really? If anything, I think the animation style they went with for this series is one of its stronger points. The drawn backgrounds mix really well with the more complicated 3D characters. I'd say this is a really far cry from SD Gundam Force's ugly 3D and *shiver* thank goodness there are no human characters in this.
Dark Duel

Just marathoned episodes 2 through 6 last night (not that difficult, as they're barely over 10 minutes each).
And honestly, I had a really hard time getting used to this. But it's a LOT of fun to watch. I especially LOL'd at the Chou trio and their combining into The O.
Probably my favorites so far are Lu Bu and Guan Yu, but I'm biased as they're two of my favorite MS AND two of my top three favorite characters in Ikkitousen.
In Ikkitousen Kan'u is pretty blatantly lez for Ryuubi. Ryuubi is delightfully oblivious about it, though ^^"
Indeed. Though to me, some of her dialog in the manga implies she might be at least bi-curious, if not just plain bi(Ryofu definitely is). But that's diverging off-topic
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Ryujin

Lol, Red Hare has a chariot mode -- he turns into a motorcycle!

It was already shown in the ED, but I thought that was just a throwaway scene.

Interesting how, in previous episodes, Hua Xiong was defeated twice, first by Liu Bei & Co., then by Sun Jian--the novelized & historical versions of the events.
Destiny_Gundam

Ok, so the Yuans get all giddy about getting the sovereign seal and becoming the rulers right in front of Lui Bei and the others but they do nothing? Why are they still following those two when they're clearly morons with unnoble intentions?
Symbolhime

Well, I'm up to episode 14

I was kinda put off by the sudden new threads with only a casual mention of "new armour" and a pose thrown in. Especially when it doesn't look like anyone else looks much different.

But hey, now it looks like the melee begins.

Also Britova, isn't that an odd choice?
What are the different strengths and needs of the European market? "I'm not certain; maybe football games?"
- Yoshiki Okamoto
DuelGundam2099

Currently up to episode 6 (started like an hour ago). My thoughts so far:

Pros:
-Double X Gundam is the leader of the protagonists
-Tallgeese is in and he's the menacing body guard of the tyrant (in this case Zaku 1)
-Zeta vs. Double Zeta
-Nice fight scenes
-Cameos by the original Gundam, Hyaku Shiki, and Zanneck

Cons:
-Don't care for the ending theme
-Physalis Gundam needs more screen time
-GP04 (does it have a name?) annoys me

So yeah, so far it's not bad and has potential to be great. I'm going to watch episode 7 before heading off to bed. BTW anyone know how many episodes are supposed to be in total?
liubei013

According to ANN, 26. If past 'history' is any indication, not for a while, as the 'climax' of the series will probably be during one of the pivotal battles during this era. (possibly Chi Bi, aka Red Cliffs?) I caught up on Ep16 and it's following the 'fractured' Kingdom part of the "timeline".
Spoiler
In ep 16, Liu Bei travels to and is eventually made governor of Xuzhou, which, historically speaking, is his first actual fief. Also, using ROTK as a reference, there may be an encounter between him and Lu Bu.
Dark Duel

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Tallgeese is in and he's the menacing body guard of the tyrant (in this case Zaku 1)
Minor nitpick, but judging from the faceplate and the basic shape of the helmet crest, it's specifically Tallgeese III as Ryofu Housen/Lu Bu Fengxian

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
DuelGundam2099

Up to episode 17, the series has slowed down a little, but episode 17's battle between Physalis and Rick Dom 2 was pretty dang awesome (so much so I got an avatar out of it 8) ). I was kind of surprised to see a Zeta Plus being in, but if these guys manage to put in Gerbera Gundam (and make it a her that is very annoying I might add) I shouldn't be surprised. Looking forward to see how this series ends.
Destiny_Gundam

Re: The Official SD Gundam Sangokuden Thread

So how 'bout that ep 26? Pretty damn awesome.
Spoiler
Absolutely no surprise that the celestial armor was the Dendrobium
Dark Duel

Oh god, I haven't watched that show in ages...I think the last episode I watched was around 20-22-ish, I don't exactly remember. It's the one where the Asshimar went splat.

I really need to get caught up...

Ryujin

Dark Duel wrote:Oh god, I haven't watched that show in ages...I think the last episode I watched was around 20-22-ish, I don't exactly remember. It's the one where the Asshimar went splat.

I really need to get caught up...
You can't be blamed, really; the version of the show that's accessible to English viewers has recently been slow in coming out, with episodes coming in batches of three or so at a time after a delay of about as many weeks.

Also, ep.27 has a new ED song.
Strike Zero

I shed manly 'effing tears when
Spoiler
Sun Ce GP02 died. Rest in piece, proud son.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Dark Duel

So did I. And I fangasmed when Sun Quan
Spoiler
avenged the death of his father and his brother by LOLstomping Yuan Shu with the Dendrobium Orchis/Tengyokugai.
I LOL'd even more when I saw what happened to Yuan Shu after that.

Yeah, got caught up at last...Took us 26 episodes before we saw one of the true Tengyokugai(not counting Lu Bu's giant turtle)...Hope they don't go as long for the second and third ones.

Strike Zero

I'm sure if I were to go crawling through some of the original source material I could find out, but for now I'm speculating that, given the suit he's based on, that Cao Cao Double X's armor will be the G-Falcon in the form of Suzaku. That is gonna be kick-ass.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.