The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Dendrobium Stamen

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk II

Whatever else it may be, Unicorn is going to be absolutely gorgeous to watch.

I'm hoping to see listings start popping up for a UK release, whether on disc (Blu-Ray ideally!) or via PlayStation Network...
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
latenlazy

Heart just stopped for a moment. When's this out again?!
Kratos

That trailer was beautiful. That's it, Blu-ray pre-ordered.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Chris
Administrator

Dendrobium Stamen wrote:I'm hoping to see listings start popping up for a UK release, whether on disc (Blu-Ray ideally!) or via PlayStation Network...
It's only coming out on PSN in Japan, and their video store is region locked to everywhere outside of Japan, so don't expect to get it that way. Your only options are BD or DVD.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Dendrobium Stamen

Chris wrote:It's only coming out on PSN in Japan, and their video store is region locked to everywhere outside of Japan, so don't expect to get it that way. Your only options are BD or DVD.
I see! Must have misread, I was under the impression the PSN release was going global, not just Japan. My bad! In which case, here's hoping Beez snap up the DVD and Blu-Ray releases ASAP, for the sake of Gundam fans on this side of the Atlantic...
Kratos

gundam_0088 wrote:new longer preview for gundam uc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd93VIw1I94
Very cool. It was nice to see the trailer at the end there without all that distracting scrolling text that the niconico version had overtop the video. I'm really, really digging Chiaki Kuriyama's theme.
Dark Duel

Oh man, that is gonna rock on so many levels. An amusing details is that in the "timeline" bit from the first part of PV3, the side-story OVAs are not mentioned - well, 0083, specifically, is not mentioned - it goes straight from 0079 to Zeta's 0087.

*downloads trailer to put on ipod*

But yeah, awesome trailer. thanks a lot, 0088. And I'm LOVING Kuriyama's theme song for Unicorn. Can't wait to actually see this...think I may actually end up splurging on the Blu-Ray, actually.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Amadi Akintunde

This is going to be so God Tier.

;D
gundam_0088

i wish i would have pre ordered the Gundam UC when it was 35 but the more i watch PV3 i'm just going to spend the 45 it seems so worth it.
Furious Rodimus

I'm getting quite excited for it, but not knowing much about the story I can only hope that it matches up with the animation. At any rate I'm gonna have to get that Blu-Ray and check it out.
It's the stronger who create the weaker!

I am the (Color) (Object/Natural Element), Ace of (Organization) Fear Me!
gundam_0088

Just in case no one checked ANN the new article has the gundam uc previews with english subs http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -streaming Just wondering why they haven't showed us an english dub preview yet
gundam_0088

gundam uc droped from 45 to 34 $ so if you haven't pre ordered it do it now not sure how long it will last http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00346 ... d_i=507846
Kratos

gundam_0088 wrote:gundam uc droped from 45 to 34 $ so if you haven't pre ordered it do it now not sure how long it will last http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00346 ... d_i=507846
I know Amazon has a price guarantee for their preorders. Does that mean that my preorder will drop in price too? Or is it only if the price of the final product changes?
TakaTahuNuva

Seems like the Unicorn premier was held in Japan yesterday. From what I could interpret from one of the posts made here (via Google Translate), I think he says only two scenes were cut from the novel.
Spoiler
I think he also mentions that the episode will end with the Unicorn changing into NT-D mode and drawing out its saber.
But maybe someone here who actually knows Japanese can confirm this/add new info?
ohhhh snap
Kratos

TakaTahuNuva wrote:Seems like the Unicorn premier was held in Japan yesterday. From what I could interpret from one of the posts made here (via Google Translate), I think he says only two scenes were cut from the novel.
While normally speculation would abound...nobody in the English-speaking world seems to know anything but the most bare-bones plot points of Unicorn. There's been a remarkable lack of information. I'm thankful for it, because (save for a few particular spoilers concerning character identities) it means the whole thing will be a new experience. It's just shocking that the spoilers don't even need to be avoided, because they mostly aren't there.
Prana

To whom it may concern... There will be (at least) a French edition of the Bluray version:
http://www.cosmic-era.com/forum/index.php?topic=676

I really hope it won't be the only one in Europe! ;)
Visit UC Italia
Dendrobium Stamen

A French edition suggests Beez have their hands on it, which means (if there's any Justice in the world) that Unicorn should be crossing the English Channel not long afterwards!

Here's hoping, anyways...
TheGoose

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/ ... /volume-01

Animenewsnetwork has an exclusive review of the first volume of Mobile Suit Gundam: Unicorn OVA.