The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
darkhunger

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk II

Red Comet90 wrote:Yeah I noticed this too and I was surprised by how much the Unicorn parallels the RX-78 in more than one way. One of my friends who doesn't care about Gundam anymore saw a few scenes and said that the Unicorn reminded him of the original design. Also how it held the Beam Magnum was similar to how the RX-78 held its Beam Rifle which I thought was rather interesting that its so similar.
Not to mention the fact that Amuro's first space battle tactics were extremely similar to Banagher's... Just stand in one spot and spam your beam rifle away.
pk-man wrote:Pretty much all the lead Gundams have their own unique sfx for the beam rifles. Even grunt suits have different sfx.
Most of the 90's Gundam (basically everything from 0083 to X) reuse the same set of sound effects, and the beam rifle sfx they use is basically identical to the RX-78's.

However, since it does seem to be the first time since X that it is being used again, so its definitely intentional.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

darkhunger wrote:However, since it does seem to be the first time since X that it is being used again, so its definitely intentional.
More accurately, the first time since 08th MS Team actually. That show had the same sound effects as original MSG too.

I disagree with the general talk that episode 2 wasn't as good as episode 1. The only thing episode one did better was action, and only because there was more of it. But you can't expect every episode of every series to have lots of action; they need to get in plenty of talk too, or then the storytelling and plot go bad. Gundam has always been as intellectual as it has been action-packed. Episode 2 was just as good as episode 1 for me.

And on a side note (not to bring back a dead horse :P), after hearing how talkative Albert is, it definitely sounds dumb to hear him not utter so much as a grunt in episode 1. ^^b
Sulendil Zeta

And on a side note (not to bring back a dead horse :P), after hearing how talkative Albert is, it definitely sounds dumb to hear him not utter so much as a grunt in episode 1. ^^b[/quote]

Does he appear in episode 1? I must had miss him, because I can't remember seeing him...
Amadi Akintunde

Does he appear in episode 1? I must had miss him, because I can't remember seeing him...
Alberto was the one who shot Cardeas Vist.
Last edited by Amadi Akintunde on Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kratos

Shinji103 wrote:And on a side note (not to bring back a dead horse :P), after hearing how talkative Albert is, it definitely sounds dumb to hear him not utter so much as a grunt in episode 1. ^^b
We could always just pretend he had already said what he was going to say. Or that he had decided that there was nothing more to say to Cardeas, or something like that.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Kishiria

I've seen both episodes and can't say one was better than the other. Episode 1 made me raise my expectations for the whole thing and 2 didn't let me down. I'm also really, really liking how Mineba grew up: her youngest uncle's looks and her oldest uncle's smarts with who knows which relative's common sense. She's brave, she's dignified and she's ever inch a ruler. I wish her all the best!
Techno-Viking does not dance to the music; the music dances to Techno-Viking.
Murra

The tea party made episode 2 great, showed off Full Frontal's merits as an individual character and continues to show how awesomely styling the sleeves are: very.
Amadi Akintunde

I have a feeling that I'm gonna hate Angelo, though.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

Just want to point out something I noticed, in episode 2 when Banagher enters the room where Full Frontal is, a few seconds after the big doors close you can hear the same song that plays in Evangelion if you listen very closely to the background noice

pretty cool, it is something the sleeves would listen
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
Rawinder

tHeWasTeDYouTh wrote:Just want to point out something I noticed, in episode 2 when Banagher enters the room where Full Frontal is, a few seconds after the big doors close you can hear the same song that plays in Evangelion if you listen very closely to the background noice

pretty cool, it is something the sleeves would listen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK4SKxU3CRQ
Marcis

Why they give him such an idiotic name?
Full Frontal
And .. is he clone or Char himself?
Applying for job at Anaheim
Chris
Administrator

Gundam Unicorn Facebook page wrote:We can discreetly imply you here...
A "Big" expansion of Unicorn will be revealed very soon, maybe at the same date as BD release... Please be patient!
Very mysterious... let the wild speculation begin.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Dark Duel

Marcis wrote:Why they give him such an idiotic name?
Full Frontal
And .. is he clone or Char himself?
Spoiler
As I understand it(and maybe someone who has read the novel can correct me if I'm wrong), Full Frontal is a "memory clone" of Char - that is to say, a random Cyber Newtype whose appearance was altered into Char's, and who was given Char's memories through psycoframe shenanigans of some kind after Char's death.
But I seem to recall there was some talk a while back that the OVA may go in a different direction.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
VentZX

Marcis wrote:Why they give him such an idiotic name?
Full Frontal?
Have you ever heard of a full frontal assault? That's what he's named after because that's what his fighting style is like. Just look at episode 2 where he just flew straight at the Nahel Argama and started shooting it up.

Yes, a full frontal can also be a euphemism for being bare naked, but honestly, most people that make the assumption that THAT is the meaning behind his name need to cool it with the dirty thoughts. Although, if you do want to take it that way, then it can be considered ironic since FF "hides" behind a mask.
Chris wrote:Very mysterious... let the wild speculation begin.
Very interesting. Perhaps this is an implication that they'll be releasing the manga adaptation over here? If it were the novels, I might just freak out, but that's so unlikely it's not even funny.
smilydude

Chris wrote:
Gundam Unicorn Facebook page wrote:We can discreetly imply you here...
A "Big" expansion of Unicorn will be revealed very soon, maybe at the same date as BD release... Please be patient!
Very mysterious... let the wild speculation begin.
Interesting. Perhaps they will release the novels? I really would like to read them considering I've heard that a lot of material hasn't made it into the OVA so far.
JQuilty

Seems Bandai decided they'd give me a gift...I got my Blu-ray in the mail today. Anyone else get their's "early"?
Chris
Administrator

Got mine today too. I received an email this morning that it shipped, but I didn't expect that it would get here already.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
JQuilty

Same here. According to the tracker, they actually shipped it out on the 5th.
Raiden

Same here, they even included 4 nifty postcards too :)
Dark Duel

JQuilty wrote:Seems Bandai decided they'd give me a gift...I got my Blu-ray in the mail today. Anyone else get their's "early"?
I got the shipment notification today...and it shipped on Friday, delivered via USPS today.
Can't wait to watch it - but it'll have to wait, as I want to finish G Gundam first.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."