Fafner: Dead Aggressor: Heaven and Earth, Anime Green-Lit

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
T.V.

Fafner: Dead Aggressor: Heaven and Earth, Anime Green-Lit

Copypasta from Neo's News thread:

Fafner: Dead Aggressor: Heaven and Earth Anime Green-Lit
(once again, source: ANN)

http://fafner.jp/h-and-e/top.html
AnimeNewsNetwork wrote:The official website for the 2004 television anime series Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor has confirmed that a new anime has been green-lit for the previously announced Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor: Heaven and Earth follow-up project. According to the website, the project will start in 2010.

Fafner character designer Hisashi Hirai is returning to work on the new anime along with the animators at Xebec. Tow Ubukata is credited with the scriptwriting.

The fact that writer Tow Ubukata is (again) on board, piques my interest since what I've seen from the other productions he has written for were thoroughly entertaining. Looking up his bio and credits list, he seems to be somewhat of a SF/manga/anime writing prodigy.
Dark Duel

Re: Fafner: Dead Aggressor: Heaven and Earth, Anime Green-Lit

Oh, HECK YEAH!!!!
I've been hoping for this for a looong time. I really liked Fafner, so I can't wait to see this.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Destiny_Gundam

Nice to get an actual sequel this time. From the image there it's clear that this season will have far more yaoi overtones than the last! Of course I have no problem with this :D
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Mu La Flaga

Heard about this before, but anyway be interested to see what they do with the plot if it's going to be continued from the original series or if t happens before the original series(in terms of the continuity sort of thing)

Fafner was and is one of my fav mecha anime series.
Genocide

I've yet to see the one-episode OVA, but Fafner was undoubtedly underrated, and it's nice seeing it get another run. While it's been a while since I've seen the original, I can't quite remember if there's enough material for a full-blown sequel. Either case, color me interested.
Dark Duel

Yeah, I'd say there's enough left unsaid to go for a sequel.
But unfortunately, as much as I'm looking forward to it, I know going in that my favorite character in the whole cast isn't gonna be in it.
Still, Kazuki's one of my favorite mecha anime protagonists, so more of him is good.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Mu La Flaga

So true I forget how much I miss Tsubaki actually.
Dark Duel

Yeah. Actually, it's weird because besides my own insurmountable disappointment, Tsubaki-chan was one of the primary inspirations for the GSD rewrite I've been planning for over a year. (Just don't ask, looking back even I'm not sure how that happened)
Plus she has to be one of the two most adorable characters in anime I've ever seen (right up there with Nina Tucker *cries*)

Plus Fafner was an AWESOME dub, and to this date remains my favorite non-Gundam mecha anime.

Destiny_Gundam

Well, Soushi is coming back, so Tsubaki could return too!

... It's nice to dream :(
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Kavik Ryx

Well it was a great anime. Granted it wasn't the most original or anything. But as far as teen robot melodramas go, it was probably one of the best. I have high hopes for this one.
thanatos

Of all the things to get a sequel...
I didn't think this had much of a fan base to get a sequel, though I felt the same way about Kiddy Grade.

I can't understand how Fafner gets so much praise. That series falls on its face whenever it tries to engage the audience. Characters are overwrought and the plot spirals away from a starting point that was poorly defined. I barely remember how it ended (lots and lots of melodrama) but I was glad that it had finished.

I'd give the OVA a passing grade, so I may check this out. But I have very low expectations.
Aspiring CGO "Chief Gundam Officer"
Kavik Ryx

I'd say it's the ability to get a good dosage of teen melodrama that is tempered by its giant robot aspect. Also, the series that the balls to kill off major characters senselessly and gruesomely. It may be a pretty artificial series. But it's shock factor makes up for it when it comes to most people.
Arsarcana

Wow, I can already hear the yaoi fangirls squeeing at that picture. Whatever, Fafner's coming back! Now if only Nadesico could be so lucky...
Destiny_Gundam wrote:Well, Soushi is coming back, so Tsubaki could return too!

Thing is, Soushi said he was coming back and we have no particular reason to doubt him. Tsubaki said a very definite goodbye. Sure, they could change their minds and find a way to bring her back but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Bright Noa

Arsarcana wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:Well, Soushi is coming back, so Tsubaki could return too!

Thing is, Soushi said he was coming back and we have no particular reason to doubt him. Tsubaki said a very definite goodbye. Sure, they could change their minds and find a way to bring her back but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Banpresto would like to talk to you about that.
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
Arsarcana

SRW doesn't count. They do things like that every game (it's half the fun of playing) without much concern for internal story logic as long as it works in the framework of the game. I don't see any Banpreios in GaoGaiGar Final explaining how they got out of that little pickle and I'm certain I'd remember something like that. :D
Bright Noa

Arsarcana wrote:SRW doesn't count. They do things like that every game (it's half the fun of playing) without much concern for internal story logic as long as it works in the framework of the game. I don't see any Banpreios in GaoGaiGar Final explaining how they got out of that little pickle and I'm certain I'd remember something like that. :D
SRW usually allows you to save playable characters. K is a rare case where NPC characters get second chances as well as playable characters.

That's what I meant.
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"