Gundam Seed destiny questions might have spoilers....

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
XGrave

Gundam Seed destiny questions might have spoilers....

seems all i do is ask questions xD well three questions

1. I heard theres gonna be a third season continuing this is it true?

2. WTF happens to athrun like who does he go with meyrin or cagalli? Final plus and special edition sorta mixes me up along with all the reading im doing about the series

3. Neo IS Mu Right?
ZeroBusterXX

Re: Gundam Seed destiny questions might have spoilers....

XGrave wrote:seems all i do is ask questions xD well three questions

1. I heard theres gonna be a third season continuing this is it true?

2. WTF happens to athrun like who does he go with meyrin or cagalli? Final plus and special edition sorta mixes me up along with all the reading im doing about the series

3. Neo IS Mu Right?
1. There's gonna be a movie, and there is already a new manga coming soon to tide you over.

2. I don't know, I stopped caring long before that.

3. I am pretty sure he is.
XGrave

well i found about the third series and that lacus dies and went wtf apparently its a false rumor though so yea.....
------------------------
can anyone answer number 2 though? Thanks for 1 and 3
Red Comet90

XGrave wrote: 2. WTF happens to athrun like who does he go with meyrin or cagalli? Final plus and special edition sorta mixes me up along with all the reading im doing about the series
He goes with Meyrin or at least we know that he doesn't go with Cagalli. It does show him with Meyrin at the end rather than Cagalli. Cagalli herself puts the ring away in the 4th Special Edition and Athrun says in the TV series something along the lines of "There are some things I can't forgive" He's probably with Meyrin at this point.
XGrave wrote: 3. Neo IS Mu Right?
There is no evidence that I know of that contradicts that he isn't, but I'd rather believe he's a clone of Mu's who has all of his memories since Mu's death and resurrection is kind of difficult to swallow. IIRC one of the SRW games twists it so Neo is a clone of Mu which is rather interesting. So I guess its safe to assume he is Mu.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
XGrave

doesn't he show up in an orb uniform in the ending of special edtion IV?
oh i just found out that if neo was a clone he wouldnt have the scar unless he got the scar elsewhere O.o damn i really hate unfinished endings and so many questions in a series ....
LightningCount

ZeroBusterXX wrote:
1. There's gonna be a movie, and there is already a new manga coming soon to tide you over.
Has the movie actually been re-confirmed? I've heard mixed rumors since the writer got sick, and haven't seen anything concrete. Personally, I really do want to see a movie to clean up the "end" of the SEED universe--if indeed it is the end.

...as for the whole Meyrin/Cagalli thing; I don't remember what Cagalli did to make Athrun so angry, but if the two did break apart for good, I think it'd be a realistic turn of events. Not everyone who becomes a couple stays a couple and gets married. Athrun and Cagalli's interest in one another was brought about from shared circumstances in Season 1 (SEED); whereas Kira/Lacus' relationship is linked by the same peaceful outlook in life.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
ZeroBusterXX

LightningCount wrote:
ZeroBusterXX wrote:
Has the movie actually been re-confirmed? I've heard mixed rumors since the writer got sick, and haven't seen anything concrete. Personally, I really do want to see a movie to clean up the "end" of the SEED universe--if indeed it is the end.

...as for the whole Meyrin/Cagalli thing; I don't remember what Cagalli did to make Athrun so angry, but if the two did break apart for good, I think it'd be a realistic turn of events. Not everyone who becomes a couple stays a couple and gets married. Athrun and Cagalli's interest in one another was brought about from shared circumstances in Season 1 (SEED); whereas Kira/Lacus' relationship is linked by the same peaceful outlook in life.
Morosawa or Fukuda mentioned it was back on track a few months ago.
ShadowCell

Might this new VS ASTRAY manga be some kind of lead-in for it or something, then?
Rawinder

Red Comet90 wrote:There is no evidence that I know of that contradicts that he isn't, but I'd rather believe he's a clone of Mu's who has all of his memories since Mu's death and resurrection is kind of difficult to swallow. IIRC one of the SRW games twists it so Neo is a clone of Mu which is rather interesting. So I guess its safe to assume he is Mu.
I prefer the clone explanation too (actually, I'd prefer no Mu/Neo at all) but I think the fact that Mu's helmet was edited out of SEED Special Edition 3, and that split-second flashback in DESTINY of scientists looking over Mu/Neo's heavily bandaged body, all points to Neo being the one and only Mu.
XGrave

as im finding out how many things the writers for seed didn't bother to confirm or ignored and did not address im liking the older series such as wing better because of a solid story (Watched wing a while back so i might not remember much rofl) i do however like the idea for the story of seed
-------------------------
i also remembered that someone confirmed that athrun is back with cagali and made an official announcement somewhere; it was fukuda that confims it according to gundam wiki 0.o
DeltasTaii

ShadowCell wrote:Might this new VS ASTRAY manga be some kind of lead-in for it or something, then?
I can't imagine Bandai would bother with what they're doing with Vs. Astray if they weren't planning on having SEED come back in anime form eventually. It's a little over-merchandised for a dead but for manga universe.
XGrave

they probably are, my bet is that the new series is gonna be even worse than destiny
---
i'm actually watching seed right now and seriously i think that its first around 30 episodes are the best and then it turns retarded right after kira gets the freedom
ShadowCell

Yeah, we've reached the point where we don't even have to have shows and movies be made before we can decide that they suck.

So I will go on record as saying that that Gundam show they're going to release in 2067 sucks!
Dendrobium Stamen

I'm already betting the 50th, 75th, and 100th Anniversary series' will suck harder than a vacuum cleaner turned all the way to 11. ;)

The SEED film will appear eventually; the Cosmic Era is just too popular in Japan for Sunrise and Bandai not to capitalise on that. It's just a shame that the mentality is that there have to be new and even more outlandish side-stories - with new and more outlandish variants on the original five "Gundam" designs - churned out every so often to keep the SEED universe in the public eye. There doesn't, really. We haven't forgotten what Strike looks like, though we may do if the basic design gets any more junk bolted onto it in the side-stories to plug the gap until the day the film appears...
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
XGrave

i actually liked the build of the destiny but thats probably because of my modelling hobbies other than that i see no real need to make new gundams every so often. the freedom was four times as powerful as the strike if this keeps going the gundams of the 3rd season would be able to destroy the earth in one blow. In my personal opinion it would have been better to keep the 5 original gundams and just have the pilots go through hardships and experiences so that they can rely on themselves and not their suits
----------------------
just a note: personally i love the seed universe but introducing new characters and repetitive plots every season or mid season is just to much rly.... destiny started off just the same as seed but in a reverse position also steller louisser was like the same as cagalli in away and shin portrays athrun
Dark Duel

XGrave wrote:steller louisser was like the same as cagalli in away
WHA???!!!
Okay, the ONLY thing Stella and Cagalli have in common is the fact they're both blonde. Setting that aside, they could not possibly be different. Depending on whether you're watching Seed or Destiny, Cagalli is either a fiery tomboy with a very short fuse or a spineless weakling. And either way she's loud.
Stella is bipolar and alternates between a quiet girl who can barely string two sentences together, stares at fish in a tank, and occasionally talks to herself, and a vicious killer who'd gut you as soon as look at you.

Besides the hair color, NO similarity whatsoever.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Commissar Bright Noa

Dark Duel wrote:
XGrave wrote:steller louisser was like the same as cagalli in away
WHA???!!!
Okay, the ONLY thing Stella and Cagalli have in common is the fact they're both blonde. Setting that aside, they could not possibly be different. Depending on whether you're watching Seed or Destiny, Cagalli is either a fiery tomboy with a very short fuse or a spineless weakling. And either way she's loud.
Stella is bipolar and alternates between a quiet girl who can barely string two sentences together, stares at fish in a tank, and occasionally talks to herself, and a vicious killer who'd gut you as soon as look at you.

Besides the hair color, NO similarity whatsoever.
You just made them sound pretty similar dude.
quasadra

if VS Astray is a tied in to the movies, didnt the new design should be focus on Destiny design rather old design? or the Federation FINALLY gonna do something? they all didnt look like upgrade to me. gonna be fun on how they are going explain this in universe.

seriously, they should just name the new movie: Seed Destiny Forever.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
ZeroBusterXX

quasadra wrote:if VS Astray is a tied in to the movies, didnt the new design should be focus on Destiny design rather old design? or the Federation FINALLY gonna do something? they all didnt look like upgrade to me. gonna be fun on how they are going explain this in universe.

I can only hope, quasadra.

I just want some new designs. All these endless variations of the Strike and such are really wearing me down. As much as I want to read VS ASTRAY, it's not because of the designs (to be fair though, the Mirage Astray looks cool), it's because ASTRAY has a good track record of not sucking on a story-wise basis.
Kuruni

Face it, ASTRAY is doing much better than DESTINY at selling merchandise. Of cause, it's because they keep recycle stuff from first early part. But fact remain that their Gunpla sell better. Be surprise, when news of VS Astray arrived at other BBS with Gale Strike and Hail Buster, both got bombard with negative comment. Yet most modeller, Bandai's top precious customers, seem to love Gale Strike "it just need paint job".
You know...since DNF might get release with 3d Realm is gone, we desperate need new overly long joke and "Gundam SEED Eternity" sound fit now :mrgreen: .
My girlfriend was a loli.