Marvel Comics outsources for anime series

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Imperial

Marvel Comics outsources for anime series

Click here if you don't believe me

The article only mentions Blade, X-Men, and Hulk but Wolverine and Iron Man trailers have also surfaced on Youtube.

Iron Man is going to rock our world.

Looks like Wolverine got hit with the ugly stick
This space for rent
ZeroBusterXX

Re: Marvel Comics outsources for anime series

I was just gonna come here and post this!!!

Man, I heard about this a while ago, but it is nice to see some footage. It is a combination of my two favorite things: Western comics and anime. Looks good so far, but the Wolverine footage is a bit, um, not Wolverine for me, but oh well. It's supposed to be based off Chris Claremont's run from the 80s (favorite comic writer), so I will keep my hopes up.
ORegan

Why was Shao Kahn attacking Wolverine?...
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
azrael

Anime Iron Man? Okay but too dark.

Anime Wolverine? WTF? Really, what in gawd's name was that??? :shock:
"I dislike death indeed, but there is that which I dislike more than death, and therefore there are occasions when I will not avoid danger."
J-Lead

Why does Wolverine have a mullet, and no sideburns? Weeaboolverine indeed. Ugh... I already do not want.

Iron Man, on the other hand, looks promising. I will not be happy if i see a goatee-less Tony Stark however...
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Sleepneeded127

oh Wolverine looks horrible!!

But Damn Ironman looks great. cant what to see it hopefully it will be released in the US like Gotham Knight was.
Listen, not a year goes by, not a year, that I don't hear about some escalator accident involving some bastard kid which could have easily been avoided had some parent - I don't care which one - but some parent conditioned him to fear and respect that escalator.
Dark Duel

J-Lead wrote:Why does Wolverine have a mullet, and no sideburns? Weeaboolverine indeed. Ugh... I already do not want.
Forget that, WHY IS WOLVERINE A BISHIE? He's a short brawny dude with anger management problems(and unbreakable claws). HE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A BISHIE!

Iron Man looks cool, though I'm a little confused as to who Captain Pirate-bot is supposed to be.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Casval Rem Daikun

Well, it makes sense if this is true:
"Marvel had previously revealed that Madhouse is animating the Iron Man and Wolverine characters in Japan for Japanese audiences."

The lead character is never, ever a short brawny guy in anime. Ever.
One of his close friends might be, but never the lead.

Visually, the trailer suggests that Wolverine may be set in the past, given the number of ninja and demons present. Perhaps they're going after those left in the lurch after Inuyasha. :lol: I would not be at all surprised if it's revealed that this Wolverine got his claws through magic rather than technology or simple mutation.

The selected shows seem perfectly suited to adaptation to Japan, given that they allow the use of so very many anime standbys.

Robots/mecha - Ironman
Ninjas - Wolverine, Blade, possibly Ironman
Pirates/Guys with long coats & eyepatches - Ironman
One against many in silly proportions - all of 'em
Normal guys that can become impossibly strong - If that's not the Hulk, nothing is.
Hyakushiki

Now those were cool, I agree that Wolverine looks too young and clean cut I would have preferred that he looked more like Toshihiro Mifune in Yohjimbo but at least he's is fighting ninja and demons and there's nothing wrong with that!
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Amadi Akintunde

There's something wrong with that if Wolverine has six foot long hair and looks like a damn vampire.

but fighting demons is cool too

don't see why he'd need ninja stars or a katana

though it would make things kind of interesting
Casval Rem Daikun

If you look closely, he was just pulling out a oshuriken that was stuck in his arm, not using it.
Bright Noa

My question for the Iron Man anime: will Jarvis appear in his comics incarnation or his movie version? As for the pirate/Neo-Nazi dude, maybe he's connected to the Armor Wars, perhaps?

As for Logan......yeah, it's different......and.....strange.....and......ah, screw it, Logan looks ridiculous. My only hope is that this new look has something to do with Logan's time spent in Japan, therefore, his appearance may be overshadowed by his actions. Then again, who will voice Logan may redeem this even further. My money's either on Norio Wakamoto or Takehito Koyasu.
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
Geoxile

Rumors are that the anime wolverine is a cop who gets a spirit stuck to him. Also for Iron Man it's supposedly Ezekiel Stane.
Sleepneeded127

it has to be remembered that these are being change to fit the Japanese audience so they will not be the same as the the original comic versions. if the recent magna versions are anything to go by it will be very different only the names really being the same.
Listen, not a year goes by, not a year, that I don't hear about some escalator accident involving some bastard kid which could have easily been avoided had some parent - I don't care which one - but some parent conditioned him to fear and respect that escalator.
ZeroBusterXX

Well those black armored things do kinda look like that armor Ezekiel wore. As for the Wolverine rumor, it reminds me of Sgt. Kabukiman NYPD. Which may or may not be a bad thing I guess.
Kuruni

Sleepneeded127 wrote:it has to be remembered that these are being change to fit the Japanese audience so they will not be the same as the the original comic versions. if the recent magna versions are anything to go by it will be very different only the names really being the same.
Like...the classic Supaida man? :mrgreen:
My girlfriend was a loli.
SNT1

I found the Ironman alright, but the Wolverine...

WTF?

The only similarity is that that... thing has claws like the original Wolverine(s). That's so damn bad. Why can't Japan not stand having a hairy brawny lead character? Everything has to be some skinny teenage bastard in Japan nowadays.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
joelfinkle

One more note: The most-awesome Warren Ellis is writing the stories -- not the scripts -- for these series. He's got no control over visuals or the words coming out of their mouths (of which there were none in the trailers), which will come from the Japanese production house.

But they should be decent.

Meanwhile, am I the only one who doesn't hate Iron Man: Armored Adventures? Not quite anime styling (although Pepper Pott's 3D plastic hair is almost anime-like, and some of the other armored characters are very reminiscent of anime mecha). That's a french production with teenage Tony, Rhodie, Pepper and Gene Khan as the Mandarin. The combat animation has been stellar, and they're building a nice arc around the Mandarin's rings.

Unfortunately, they're on Niktoons, which I don't get on DirecTV without a fee, although they do occasionally show up on the OnDemand free, and I can watch them low-res on the Nickelodeon website.
ZeroBusterXX

joelfinkle wrote:One more note: The most-awesome Warren Ellis is writing the stories -- not the scripts -- for these series. He's got no control over visuals or the words coming out of their mouths (of which there were none in the trailers), which will come from the Japanese production house.

But they should be decent.

Meanwhile, am I the only one who doesn't hate Iron Man: Armored Adventures? Not quite anime styling (although Pepper Pott's 3D plastic hair is almost anime-like, and some of the other armored characters are very reminiscent of anime mecha). That's a french production with teenage Tony, Rhodie, Pepper and Gene Khan as the Mandarin. The combat animation has been stellar, and they're building a nice arc around the Mandarin's rings.

Unfortunately, they're on Niktoons, which I don't get on DirecTV without a fee, although they do occasionally show up on the OnDemand free, and I can watch them low-res on the Nickelodeon website.

I don't completely hate Armored Adventures, but I do think Spectacular Spider-Man and Wolverine and the X-Men are more well-done comic book adaptations. The whole teen Tony thing is just kind of annoying at times.

Warren Ellis on the writing staff of these anime is a good thing though. I really enjoy his work. I really, really loved Planetary by him.
Kuruni

SNT1 wrote:I found the Ironman alright, but the Wolverine...

WTF?

The only similarity is that that... thing has claws like the original Wolverine(s). That's so damn bad. Why can't Japan not stand having a hairy brawny lead character? Everything has to be some skinny teenage bastard in Japan nowadays.

Correct me if I' wrong (I stop follow Western comic long ago, thank to fact that publisher here only release compilation like Batman: No Man Land), but isn't Wolverine actually lived in Japan at one point in his youth? (with a wife killed there). Maybe they pick that part and expand it. So even if it is quite different, this might be handwave as artist's interpretion.
My girlfriend was a loli.