Marvel Comics outsources for anime series

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Imperial

Re: Marvel Comics outsources for anime series

Kuruni wrote:Correct me if I' wrong (I stop follow Western comic long ago, thank to fact that publisher here only release compilation like Batman: No Man Land), but isn't Wolverine actually lived in Japan at one point in his youth? (with a wife killed there). Maybe they pick that part and expand it. So even if it is quite different, this might be handwave as artist's interpretion.
You're correct. A good chunk of Wolverine's adventures take place in Japan, so it's not out-of-character for him to be battling demons and ninjas in Japan. The problem most people seem to have is that he's gone from a short, hairy, rough-looking guy to a slim, long-haired pretty boy.

There have also been rumors that the series will rewrite his origins from Canadian mutant to a guy who was bonded to a demon spirit--less Wolverine, and more Ghost Rider. It hasn't been proven, but the idea of changing the character so much has bothered some fans.
This space for rent
Thundermuffin

Based on the original Claremont/Miller mini, eh?

I missed the part in it when Lord Shingen was a giant samurai suit that dissolved into bats when dainty Wolverine killed him.

Iron Man looks alright though.

And yeah, Armored Adventures isn't too bad. It isn't a really good concept (Teen Tony and friends), but they're rolling with it.

Not as good as Spectacular Spidey, but far superior to Wolverine and the X-Men (Hate that show, absolutely HATE it.)
manmiles

Imperial wrote:There have also been rumors that the series will rewrite his origins from Canadian mutant to a guy who was bonded to a demon spirit--less Wolverine, and more Ghost Rider. It hasn't been proven, but the idea of changing the character so much has bothered some fans.
Shhh, don't tell them they gave Wolverine a giant transforming, leopard robot as well! :wink:
Gadget

Kuruni wrote: but isn't Wolverine actually lived in Japan at one point in his youth? (with a wife killed there). Maybe they pick that part and expand it. So even if it is quite different, this might be handwave as artist's interpretion.
Yes. It was mention in the 'Origins' series. I think he stayed with a group of farmers, which turn out to be ex-ninjas. But he was not really accepted as he 'failed' one of the test by drawing out his bony (pre-adamintium fusion claws.
He was someone Frank Miller did not like. Calling him a 'Tasmaniam Devil'. So after a disscusion with Claremont, they make Logan-san as a failed samurai. And his love affair with the Silver Samurai (LOST fan)sister, and hecking his hand off later.
And in the 'Avengers' just before Secret Invasion arc, most of the ninjas he and the Avengers fought are from the Hand. In fact, he was a member of the Hand in Enemy of the State arc.

So this new series, I assume that it's not Earth 616. I think in Witchblade, they got away because it was set in the future from Top Cow's stories.
ZeroBusterXX

manmiles wrote:
Imperial wrote:There have also been rumors that the series will rewrite his origins from Canadian mutant to a guy who was bonded to a demon spirit--less Wolverine, and more Ghost Rider. It hasn't been proven, but the idea of changing the character so much has bothered some fans.
Shhh, don't tell them they gave Wolverine a giant transforming, leopard robot as well! :wink:

CHANGE!! LEOPARDON!! Dude, I love the opening to that Toku Spider-Man at least.

In more related discussion, I think I would have preferred some anime based on the Marvel Mangaverse line. Seeing a NERV/Fantastic Four, a Gundam-ish Iron Man and a Tokusatsu Avengers (the best Averngers! Assemble! Ever.) animated would be too cool for school. The only Mangaverse character I could do without: the lady punisher that fought demons.

I don't know if the, to quote an [as] bump, "ZOINKS-tastic Twilght Wolverine" will be good, but I'll give it a shot at least. Even if that rumored plot is the actual one. I am more excited about the next Marvel anime: X-Men and Blade.
Wing Zero Destiny

Umm guys these guys might not be Stark/Logan I mean remember the Witchblade anime?*there should be a Darkness anime as a sequel btw* these guys might be pure Japanese.
Gundam!
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

I'm not too surprised by this, since I've seen "Batman: Gotham Knight." But that worked because the parties involved kept the Bat in Gotham. But looks like Iron Man and Wolverine are gonna be 'Japanized' this time around; hardly a good sign. But we shall see what we shall see.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Wing Zero Destiny

If they put another guy in the suit I will love the Iron Man anime*I hate Tony Stark!*
Gundam!