Mirage of Zeon?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Red Comet90

Mirage of Zeon?

On a random google search I came upon what looks like a manga called Mirage of Zeon or at least I think that's what its called. The rest is in Japanese so I can't read it at all. Does anyone know what its about and if its set during the ZZ Gundam period?

Here's the link on Amazon to it: http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASI ... /ref=nosim
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
ZeonsSilverStar

Re: Mirage of Zeon?

I read something about it on another forum but I haven't read it myself. Heres a summary I guess

It's a side story of ZZ and is about the neo Zeon lord Fanton laav Algis and the former AEUG Lieutenant Vaan Vicksen. Lord Fanton is one of the lords within Neo Zeon who have their own ships/fleet/own influence. At his first mission to capture the Side 1 colony of Brigaton, he convinces the AEUG sce pilot and leader of the colony defense team officer Vaan Vicksen to join him. Thereafter, he convinces the Titan remnants of the Grypus 1 defense group to join him, so that his battle force increases and with it, his political influence within Axis/Neo Zeon. With that force, he has a fine position to be able to choose to which fraction of Neo Zeon he wants to belong. But his secret ambition is to get a leading position by himself. For that, he even lets the old high ranks of Neo Zeon die in an "accident". Which results that he gets the good job to conquer New York and defend Axis. This enables him to test a prototype of his secret ambition, the laav system. The laav device is a system to collct the beam energy of the sun and redirect it, so you can even steer the climate of planets by steering the amount of light but it can also be used as a super dreadnought hyper mega beam cannon...
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
Red Comet90

Thanks for all the info! It sounds really interesting. I hope some fansubber or Bandai themselves decide to release this. Is it ongoing or has it ended?

-- Haman Karn
Mark064

It ended quite a while ago, it was serialized in Gundam Ace between September 2007 and February 2008 so it's only a total of 6 chapter which was collected in two manga volumes.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
Red Comet90

Awe thats really short. No wonder there hasn't been much buzz about it. Thanks once again Mark.

-- Haman Karn
Mark064

I just briefly looked over the manga again. From like what I've heard of Unicorn Mirage of Zeon is a romp through famous UC locations. This of course includes New Yark, Gryphios 1, Konpeitou and of course Axis. Other then that it includes quite a number of Z-MSV suits including the Zeta II, Hyaku Shiki Kai and even the Land Combat Hyaku Shiki from M-MSV. Other old favorites included are also the Public Class ship and yet again another Solar System from First Gundam. The series ends with the infamous battle of Axis which was mentioned in I believe the old 1/144 ReGleg kit manual.

Fanton laav Algis aside from being a very charasmatic individual also has the personal color of gold. He pilots a gold Capule, in space, the earth and in colonies also his ship is a golden Endra class ship called Indra.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
Red Comet90

Mark064 wrote:I just briefly looked over the manga again. From like what I've heard of Unicorn Mirage of Zeon is a romp through famous UC locations. This of course includes New Yark, Gryphios 1, Konpeitou and of course Axis. Other then that it includes quite a number of Z-MSV suits including the Zeta II, Hyaku Shiki Kai and even the Land Combat Hyaku Shiki from M-MSV. Other old favorites included are also the Public Class ship and yet again another Solar System from First Gundam. The series ends with the infamous battle of Axis which was mentioned in I believe the old 1/144 ReGleg kit manual.

Fanton laav Algis aside from being a very charasmatic individual also has the personal color of gold. He pilots a gold Capule, in space, the earth and in colonies also his ship is a golden Endra class ship called Indra.
The more I read this the more I want to read it. It sounds awesome. I would love to see the Z II in action and the Hyaku Shiki Kai. Now that you mention the Indra wasn't it mentioned in ZZ Gundam somewhere in the show? and don't worry I'm not mistaking it for the original Endra.

-- Haman Karn
Gundam Enzyklopadist

It ended quite a while ago, it was serialized in Gundam Ace between September 2007 and February 2008 so it's only a total of 6 chapter which was collected in two manga volumes.
Only a little addition to your knowledge Mark64: this manga has also a prologue, too, so it could be counted as seven chapters, combined in two volumes. :wink:

-- Henning
Toru Masuta

Mark064 wrote: Fanton laav Algis aside from being a very charasmatic individual also has the personal color of gold. He pilots a gold Capule, in space, the earth and in colonies also his ship is a golden Endra class ship called Indra.
Whoa!

Sorry, I have to ask a bit more about this. A Capule? Is there any justification for this? If I'm not mistaken, the ZZ Gundam series' Capule isn't exactly the best mobile suit ever created, even when its in its native environment of the sea, and always seemed to me to be the ZZ Gundam's Acguy. The Capule's reappearance in Turn A Gundam, as the Kapool, didn't exactly make me think it was a powerhouse, either.

Why would an important figure be piloting something like this? Is he trying to make a point of how badass confident he is, or is it some secret customized Kapool, like Corin Nander's red Kapool? I'm trying to imagine a gold Capule, three times as fast, taking down Gundams and as awesome as that image is, I'm having trouble believing it. Heck, I'm having trouble imagining a sea-based mobile suit getting around in space (I guess, because of our friend Isaac Newton, a suit could move its arms and move a bit that way, but that's just comical, really. Swim, Capule, swim!).
cescpistol

Guys, who is Z II's pilot? Is he the guy in this image http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u99/ ... /comic.jpg?
J-Lead

cescpistol wrote:Guys, who is Z II's pilot? Is he the guy in this image http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u99/ ... /comic.jpg?
Yes. His name is Kei Kirishima,
Spoiler
and the AEUG fleet during that battle lost, and his motherhsip, the Mustache, was taken out by Mashymere Cello himself in this panel, much akin to the old ReGelg boxart depicting that same scene, interestingly enough.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
wm4

I had read the very first episode of it, and what, how an AEUG member ally with Axis Zeon
so easily ? As it is Zeon, it is certainly not pacifism, and it does not make much difference
from the Titans.
Imperial

wm4 wrote:I had read the very first episode of it, and what, how an AEUG member ally with Axis Zeon
so easily ? As it is Zeon, it is certainly not pacifism, and it does not make much difference
from the Titans.
I can't read a lick of Japanese, but I assumed the deal with the AEUG went something like this: "Give us a sign of fealty or we frag you all along with the entire colony."

I certainly wouldn't put it past Zeon to pull a stunt like that.
This space for rent
cescpistol

I think the AEUG guy was a former Zeon soldier (circa OYW) before joining the AEUG, so it was rather easy for him to join the Neo-Zeon fleet.
trewqp123

Sorry to bring back an old thread but I must ask,

Where can one find an English translation scan of "Mirage of Zeon"?

I can not seem to locate it online like I can with a manga like "Revival of Zeon"!?
yazi88

trewqp123 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:42 pm Sorry to bring back an old thread but I must ask,

Where can one find an English translation scan of "Mirage of Zeon"?

I can not seem to locate it online like I can with a manga like "Revival of Zeon"!?
Do not ask for scanlations and do not ressurrect threads from over a decade ago. Both of these violate forum rules.

Please read the forum rules before posting something.