The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
ZeroBusterXX

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Anime Thread Mk I

Good luck Deacon, and thanks for all the translating you always do. It's good to finally know what was in that damn box!
Destroy Gundam

I'm surprised that Gryps 2 wasn't dismantled or destroyed at some point prior to this.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
hellbore

Deacon Blues wrote:
hellbore wrote:
SeaBookArnoGF91 wrote:nice, any news on who full frontal is?
Actually,
Spoiler
Full Frontal was revealed as a clone of Char Aznable who was given Char's personality/memories by the Psychoframe (somehow)
How about... no. Once again /m/'s wonderful rhetoric rantings have done wonders for the community. Full Frontal was someone crafted by Monahan Baharov of the Zeon Republic. The "impersonator" states that he knew Char and that he praised his violin [playing]. The impersonator is also a cyber Newtype. Char's personality was transferred via the psycho frame.
I was going from memory and actually had what you had written in mind, but as it turns out what I wrote was wrong. Thanks for catching that.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
latenlazy

Deacon Blues wrote:Okay, I'm gonna bring everyone up to speed in a short, spiffy little summary of the entire story. This should hopefully put everyone on the same page.
Spoiler
Universal Century 0096. The secret negotiations continued between the Vist Foundation, the Federation government and the remnant Neo Zeon forces regarding the "Laplace Box", which is said to have the ability to overthrow the Federation government. A young boy named Banagher Links, living on the manufacturing colony of Industrial 7, is swept up in this conflict because he chose to help a mysterious young girl named Audrey Burne (Mineva Zabi). His father Cardias, head of the Vist Foundation, entrusts him with a snow white mobile suit called the "Unicorn Gundam." Banagher is shown the way by the Unicorn, which gradually reveals the coordinates to the "Laplace Box". As such, he fights in numerous battles on both sides, even on the Neo Zeon side. Banagher is discovering the meaning behind being entrusted with the Unicorn along with his relations with people like Marida and Zinnemann on his journey that traces the history of the Universal Century.

The final coordinates of the "Laplace Box" are pointed out by the Unicorn: it was the colony builder of Industrial 7, "Megaranika". While Marida was sacrificed, the Nahal Argama manages to break-through the Neo Zeon fleet and faces the "box". Having finally arrived at Megaranika, Banagher and Audrey are greeted by Siam, suzerain of the Vist Foundation. Siam shows the true contents of the "Laplace Box", which is the true form of the Universal Century charter: "When the new breed of humans adjusted to outer space are born, they'll be made to take part in government management by priority." The Federation government's rejected democratic policy was also considered in the basis of the plan, and as such, the appearance of Zeonism became a huge bane upon the Federation. A word which entrusted the future desires to the possibility of people. At the same time, Martha and Ronan are planning on suppressing the contents of the "box" by aiming the colony laser "Gryps 2" at the detached mobile fortress "Megaranika"...
I'm going to start on the actual chapter now, so wish me luck.
Holy crap Deac. A secret that's actually not lame >.>;

I'm impressed. Can't wait to see the animated version now.
SeaBookArnoGF91

dammit why did i read that spoiler! man am i looking forward to this movie
Deacon Blues

It's not a movie.
Wing Zero Destiny

damn it so Marida dies why can't atleast one Puru live? :cry:
Gundam!
Wingnut

Although I could probably guess on my own that would happen, we do have spoiler tags for a reason, Wing Zero Destiny. Please use them.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
SeaBookArnoGF91

Deacon Blues wrote:It's not a movie.
then its an ova, or a series?

its says movie on the anime news network

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... p?id=10806
darkhunger

Wing Zero Destiny wrote:damn it so Marida dies why can't atleast one Puru live? :cry:
If you want a Puru to survive so much you can always consider Evolve 10 canon.
Deacon Blues

SeaBookArnoGF91 wrote:

It also states "Rumors report the adaptation is going to be a theatrical movie; no confirmation yet.". Which, I might add, is not true considering the Gundam Ace article mentioned storyboards for Ep.1 being completed. At any rate, ANN's summary for the story is also inaccurate as well, so go figure.
SeaBookArnoGF91

Deacon Blues wrote:
SeaBookArnoGF91 wrote:

It also states "Rumors report the adaptation is going to be a theatrical movie; no confirmation yet.". Which, I might add, is not true considering the Gundam Ace article mentioned storyboards for Ep.1 being completed. At any rate, ANN's summary for the story is also inaccurate as well, so go figure.
Movie, OVA, Series, whatever we want to call it, its going to be animated!

If thats true then its a series, wish they had gundam ace in english
Rawinder

SeaBookArnoGF91 wrote:Movie, OVA, Series, whatever we want to call it, its going to be animated!

Could also be an OVA, since those are broken down into episodes too.
Kyuzo Aoi

Rawinder wrote:
SeaBookArnoGF91 wrote:Movie, OVA, Series, whatever we want to call it, its going to be animated!

Could also be an OVA, since those are broken down into episodes too.
Or probably an ONA, because they want to try to reach to new audiences in the Net, too. Maybe they could do what happened for 00 in YT.
I am a Gundam!
Mwulf

I read somewhere that it was confirmed to be a movie. Of course, it said that the announcement was made, IIRC, in Italy... which seems a bit odd to me.
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
ZeroBusterXX

If it is a movie, then it's a series of movies because, as Deacon mentioned, someone already mentioned an "episode one".

Personally, I am leaning towards series or OVA.
Dendrobium Stamen

Mwulf wrote:I read somewhere that it was confirmed to be a movie. Of course, it said that the announcement was made, IIRC, in Italy... which seems a bit odd to me.
Italy is actually a surprisingly big market for Gundam... the first non-Japanese broadcast of the original TV series was an Italian dub in 1981, unless I'm much mistaken. There was even a localised theme song and everything that I stumbled across! To this day, in fact, Google searches for Gundam-related things tends to come up with Italian results in addition to Japanese and English ones.

So, announcing Unicorn in Italy was odd, but not unfounded :)
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
Deacon Blues

Char Custom Blog has reported that it's going to be a "television series", with information to be confirmed at both Gundam Expo and in the August issue of Odaiba Walker.
quasadra

so somebody eat their own words again... :roll:
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC