The Official Gundam 00 Season 2 Thread Mk VII: The Final

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Recon 5

I have to wonder, however, if we'll ever develop a way of accurately telling if a series is rushed during production or if the writers simply paced it poorly from the very beginning. Not really related to the ending of 00 but since there are people saying the events could have been stretched over two or three more episodes the question arises of whether they had actually wanted to or not.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Strike Zero

Recon 5 wrote:I have to wonder, however, if we'll ever develop a way of accurately telling if a series is rushed during production or if the writers simply paced it poorly from the very beginning. Not really related to the ending of 00 but since there are people saying the events could have been stretched over two or three more episodes the question arises of whether they had actually wanted to or not.
The only portion of the show that I felt was poorly paced was the confrontation between Nena and Louise. This was an important event. Louise finally gets a shot at the person who actually murdered her entire family four years ago. It was what she as a character had been building up to the entire second season. Yet when the grand awaited moment finally arrives, all they do was trade a couple of sentences and Louise wastes Nena in the frame of barely a minute.

I can almost guarantee that the staff would have wanted to draw that particular confrontation out even a little longer. However, I can also respect that they had the good sense to realize that they were running out of time, had to figure out what elements were essential towards the plot as a whole and cut the crap that wasn't necessary. As such, we get a complete ending, but one with just a few things that we (or I, rather) wish could have been fleshed out a just a bit more.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Draco Starcloud

To me, the final showdown being between the Exia and the 0 Gundam was an incredible way to top off the series. Not to be too gushy, but it was almost like a return to the old series, when the fights were settled with a conventional blade and gun, with no special systems or super weapons being the deciding factor. No, in a season when giant beam cannons, remote weapons, and super powers were the norm, this duel shined through with a simplicity that made it so much more epic.

It also reminded me of two specific fights from MSG: Amuro's final duel with Ramba Ral and Amuro and Char's swordfight. You've got Amuro and Ribbons slicing open each other cockpits so they can actually look each other in the eye as they finish their fight. This fight also was able to happen because they had beaten each other so badly that their units couldn't fight anymore. The difference is that instead of using fencing sabers, Setsuna and Ribbons used their old Gundams.

Finally, Gundam 00 began with Setsuna looking up at the 0 Gundam and that's also how it ended.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

To me Setsuna and Ribbon's final fight was just as Qwerty said: "Out with the old, in with the new." Never in a million years would I've thought we'd see Exia vs. O Gundam! Oh, and the other battles were great too.

I also liked how how they kept Graham out of the affair and avoided a repeat of the first season. His fate, as well as that of all the other characters, give us something to look forward to when the movie comes out.

Oh, and I don't know if anyone else noticed, but when Louise destroyed and Drei and killed Nena, her purple Haro survived. You just have take a real good look at the wreckage. Wonder if he'll still have a role to play in the future. Maybe Tieria takes him in. :lol:
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Neo_Senku

Gotta say, I Really enjoyed this finale. I figured that if CB was successful in its mission that they would still continue to exist. I can't really think of anything i disliked with the episode. While both parts of Ribbons Vs Setsuna were cool, I think fight wise Lockon II and Hallelujah/Allelujah stole the show a little, Allelujah for pistol Whipping a mech with mech and Lockon For Defeating Revive with with a severely damaged Cherudim, and then after having most of its fingers blown off, lighting him up with shots, that was very bad ass. All in all I enjoyed the series and the finale even with its short comings in some of the development of characters, but those things happen when your trying to fit a story into an already defined amount of episodes. Its not perfect, but what is.
Ya know what, We're All Gundam. ^_^

The Magnificent Bastard is an awesome trope.
Ryvius

Genocide wrote:There's also that other unexplained plot device with Hallelujah returning. I suppose Allelujah really does suck on his own. It's a shame, since I was hoping he'd be able to develop into a good pilot without Hal holding his hand, and they definitely had a chance to develop it that way after "killing" him off.
Yeah, that was one of my favorite things about the first season. You never really knew "Is he good, or bad?" ... and personally I didn't care too much for the Marie/Allelujah development in season two (thought the colonel and her relationship was far more interesting), other than that it felt like he was completed overshadowed by everyone else, even Lyle. I guess this is just a big issue for me because I always liked his Gundam itself a lot and it didn't seem to get as much action as the others. Remember when they were taking out that first tower? All he did was stay inside the ship and use Trans-Am... ugh.
Genocide

T.V. wrote:I personally think she saw where the battle was heading, 00 and Ribbons Gundam beating the tar out of eachother, keenly aware of the possibility of the 00 coming up short.
I still think it's a bit of a stretch. She'd have to be certain that the Meisters are all completely wrecked and disabled, but still alive with at least one drive in their posession, that no one is around to interfere with the drive transfer, and that Ribbons or any of the other Innovades don't destroy/capture the R2 while it floated like a brick. Because really, if anything went wrong in the slightest, it would have been wasted effort at best and handing the enemy extra technology at worst.
hdiuy

I went to calculate Gundam 00's main 5 gundam meister kill rate here
G-Slayer wrote:Oh, and I don't know if anyone else noticed, but when Louise destroyed and Drei and killed Nena, her purple Haro survived. You just have take a real good look at the wreckage. Wonder if he'll still have a role to play in the future. Maybe Tieria takes him in. :lol:
They didn't even explain the whole purple haro bussiness fully did they? Other then it was from the weckage at jupiter. I'm curious as to why Liu Mei thought Nena could deceive the innovators with her QBW but dropped the idea later on.
Jumpy Jumpy Jumpy!!!
Aegis

Genocide wrote:
T.V. wrote:I personally think she saw where the battle was heading, 00 and Ribbons Gundam beating the tar out of eachother, keenly aware of the possibility of the 00 coming up short.
I still think it's a bit of a stretch. She'd have to be certain that the Meisters are all completely wrecked and disabled, but still alive with at least one drive in their posession, that no one is around to interfere with the drive transfer, and that Ribbons or any of the other Innovades don't destroy/capture the R2 while it floated like a brick. Because really, if anything went wrong in the slightest, it would have been wasted effort at best and handing the enemy extra technology at worst.
Stretch? By the time Sumeragi made that order, all the Gundams save for 00 were trashed, and it's more than safe to assume that they knew it seeing as they'd be observing the battle and keeping tabs on the meisters. Whether it's forecasting or not, there's really nothing else to do but prepare the R2 for battle, and then gamble that Setsuna would be able to do enough damage himself if he couldn't outright defeat him.
Recon 5

I don't think Sumeragi would have needed to be sure of a Drive coming back before prepping the R2. While the O was closer to combat-ready it was floating out in space. R2 was the only unit they had on board at the time. The only thing they could have done other than prep the R2 would have been to just give up, but then Ribbons would have gotten away.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
razgriz

im not speculating :wink: but nobody actually ever saw ribbons die, ie screaming cockpit closeup prior to boom boom...im jus sayin :roll: might be more ribbons to come
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Lans

razgriz wrote:im not speculating :wink: but nobody actually ever saw ribbons die, ie screaming cockpit closeup prior to boom boom...im jus sayin :roll: might be more ribbons to come
Dun really care, he’s not that hard to be killed anyway. He could pop out from his secret chamber anytime, and I'm okay with that.

All in all, S2 ended in a rather carefree tone. Almost feels like “the fights still continue”, or “we’ll be back in 2010”. Not really an ending we quite expected but it’s not that un-satisfactory either. :P
fala_fire

Is there any material that suggests the terminal types innovades are realted to the CB observers?
Kavik Ryx

razgriz wrote:im not speculating :wink: but nobody actually ever saw ribbons die, ie screaming cockpit closeup prior to boom boom...im jus sayin :roll: might be more ribbons to come
But don't forget. Ribbons was able to do that because he was directly connected to Veda. Now Tierria is in full control, so Ribbons shouldn't have a chance.
young_oldtype

Epic ending. Hal made a nice comeback and did a great job at raping the Garazzo, while Lockon showed a lot of skill piloting a wrecked Cherudim. The battle between Setsuna and Ribbons is epic and not one-sided, and it was nice to see it end with a duel between Exia R2 and O Gundam. As for the rest I'm gonna say, I guess Qwerty already summed it all up.

And oh, was that just Anew at the declaration of ESF's new president? :?
Theoden wrote:[/color]Spears shall be shaken, shields be splintered! A sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!

See bullcrap here.
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN:
Praxis
Volnixshin

What happened to Al and soma, I mean they just go backpacking with a bunch of people?
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
Meteoid

young_oldtype wrote: And oh, was that just Anew at the declaration of ESF's new president? :?
There were Innovators or people who looked like them al over the place. I guess they're going to be Tieria's agents on earth so he watch over people.
Marcis

Recon 5 wrote:I have to wonder, however, if we'll ever develop a way of accurately telling if a series is rushed during production or if the writers simply paced it poorly from the very beginning. Not really related to the ending of 00 but since there are people saying the events could have been stretched over two or three more episodes the question arises of whether they had actually wanted to or not.
You see, everyone has it's own sense of time, so "rushed" for someone could feel "just right" for someone else.
Like with Naruto - i find it extremely overstreched and i am unable to watch this drag, while some people claim it to be nicely paced.
Applying for job at Anaheim
ydawg314

I dont know if anyone said this but I think that the Evil Haro is gonna be one of the baddies in the next movie.
Phantomexe87

What was up with those innovator-looking people in the crowds at the end of the episode? They noticeably stood out.

People sure like Jupiter as of late. Guess it is kind of an evil looking planet.