The Official Gundam 00 Season 2 Thread Mk VI

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
'Dustin'

Kyuzo Aoi wrote:I find the O vs. Exia a bit lame, but at least Setsuna killed Ribbons.

And everything is set now...

But the question is...where is Graham?
How was it lame? It was taken from the Nu Gundam vs Sazabi fisticuffs.
Marcis

Sume Gai wrote: and unless I misunderstood Al and Marie's scene CB seems to be short a transforming meister.
You did'nt. They are also short of heavyarms meister unless Tieria has his clone body made.
Applying for job at Anaheim
ydawg314

I really like that match. It symbolized old (0 gundam) vs new (exia).
Marcis

ShadowCell wrote:There's a movie on the way, so I would be surprised if Ribbons doesn't show up in it. I was under the impression all along that to kill him (like, for good), they'd have to destroy Veda, or at least find some way to delete his consciousness from it.
Tieria is in Veda too so he might've been busy doing exactly that.
On another hand - Setsuna&Co might've done

ssh Veda
login: Aeolia
cd /home
backup Tieria
backup Aeolia
cd /
rm -rf /home

before going to Jupiter :mrgreen:
Last edited by Marcis on Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Applying for job at Anaheim
ydawg314

ShadowCell wrote:Yeah, Allelujah and Hallelujah teaming up to tear somebody a whole new digestive system was a redux of season one...but it was a redux of something ridiculously awesome, so I can forgive it. H/Allelujah beating the crap out of Healing was probably the damned coolest thing I've seen all season.

Exia R2 beating the Christ out of the 0 Gundam was pretty awesome too. Would've liked it better if they'd skipped Marina's annoying little song, though.

The rest...meh. I was stoked to see Patrick finally get his woman, at least.
I think i will make a gundam AMV with that scene and a disturbed song
NeoStar9

Kyuzo Aoi wrote:I find the O vs. Exia a bit lame, but at least Setsuna killed Ribbons.

I don't really think he's dead. All end bosses are shown to have died. They did that for every major death in the series, even Patrick's fake deaths were given more attention. Hell, Lockon was given a better send off (both times though only one was real). Setsuna got the close up in the end yet was alive. Ribbons more then earned a close up if he were really dead. If Setsuna didn't die even when his cockpit was exposed to the blast I don't see why Ribbons who had better protection would die.

It was great seeing the RX-78-2 in action again. I know it's the 0 Gundam but that's not what I saw when I saw the various moves it was doing and stances it was in.
Last edited by NeoStar9 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ydawg314

NeoStar9 wrote:

I don't really think he's dead. All end bosses are shown to have died. They did that for every major death in the series, even Patrick's send fake death was given more attention. Hell, Lockon was given a better send off (both times though only one real). Setsuna got the close up in the end. Ribbons more then earned a close up if he were really dead. If Setsuna didn't die even when his cockpit was exposed to the blast I don't see why Ribbons who had better protection would die.
well the huge ass sword was going through the cocpit
'Dustin'

Just because it went through the cockpit, it didn't really give full clarification of Ribbon's supposed death. I mean, seriously; who else is there to fight during the movie? Aliens? No, that'd be stupid.
Orblivion

'Dustin' wrote:Just because it went through the cockpit, it didn't really give full clarification of Ribbon's supposed death. I mean, seriously; who else is there to fight during the movie? Aliens? No, that'd be stupid.
I think it would be annoying for the movie to just have Ribbons as the enemy still. Also while Exia was exposed to the blast, 0 Gundam WAS the blast. Regardless of the giant sword going through the cockpit, 0 Gundam blew up. I think it is safe to say Ribbons is dead.
ydawg314

Gundam wing movie had a completely different bad guy
Sume Gai

Who says there can't be someone else. By the looks of the Ending there are quite a few Innovators left and I'll bet some of them aren't quite so domestic.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Nagato21

It was a long ride, but a great ride. 00 certainly deserves to be on the Hall of legend, among the greatest Gundam series for its plot, characters but mostly for its themes. This last episode was very epic I hope the movie will be as well. Seeing those light in Jupiter made me jump my seat.
Last edited by Nagato21 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZEON SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!
ShadowCell

I think the jury is still out on Ribbons because a) killing his body doesn't necessarily mean you've killed him (just ask Regene), b) this is a guy who has his hands in everything, so something as silly and trivial as getting exploded may not be enough to stop him, and c) they never did show him getting evaporated the way they showed Healing and Revive going up in smoke. So they still have a way to bring him back, and all things considered, it wouldn't be that much of a stretch on suspension of disbelief anyway.
Imperial

Sume Gai wrote:Who says there can't be someone else. By the looks of the Ending there are quite a few Innovators left and I'll bet some of them aren't quite so domestic.
Indeed

In fact, I believe there was a verified spoiler set that mentioned the "Innovades/Innovados" are a part of their own organization or society or some such. Given the rather gratuitous cameos in the epilogue, I wouldn't be at all shocked if it was a sign of things to come. Why else go out of their way to show them off in the first place?
This space for rent
Orblivion

ShadowCell wrote:I think the jury is still out on Ribbons because a) killing his body doesn't necessarily mean you've killed him (just ask Regene), b) this is a guy who has his hands in everything, so something as silly and trivial as getting exploded may not be enough to stop him, and c) they never did show him getting evaporated the way they showed Healing and Revive going up in smoke. So they still have a way to bring him back, and all things considered, it wouldn't be that much of a stretch on suspension of disbelief anyway.
He was able to transfer to a new body because of Veda when Regene killed him. He doesn't have that option any more because he doesn't have access to Veda any more. I think its better for him to be dead with someone new for the movie.
hotlimit

Sweet episode! Hallelujah doing the old Zeta v. The O to the Innovator was awesome. I cried so much when Patrick and Kathy got married, how does that guy keep coming back? I'm pretty surprised at the number of people who lived, they must have developed some serious cockpit armor in this era.

My only question is who is it that committed suicide at the end when the new president was speaking? I totally thought it was Graham, but then he pops up behind Billy. I'm not good at keeping track of characters who only show up once or twice, so I'm stuck.

Finally, as to who the enemy in the movie will be, I'm guessing it's the great, great, great, great grandfather of Scirocco, who is also an Innovator (hence the purple hair)... (just kidding, Scirocco is way too awesome to be an Innovator, even if this did fit into the UC timeline)

It's either that or the space whale. Also, if it's anything like shounen anime OAVs, it's some dinky force that pops up just so we can see the heroes in action again.
Last edited by hotlimit on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HMRising

Overall, I'm pretty content with the ending to Gundam 00, albeit this is also partly due to the upcoming movie. Like someone mentioned earlier, I do like how they concluded enough to feel as if the series was mostly finished, but also enough left unanswered to be continued in the movie.

First off, the Ribbons Gundam's design is pretty cool. I was skeptical on its Cannon mode at first, but its Gundam mode looked a lot better than I anticipated, although I will note that it seemed inflexible, as it never really made any wide range of movement with its limbs. Well whatever, the head looked cool, heh.

Healing (and Revive too, but to a lesser extent) being finally offed was so awesome. Of course what added to this awesomeness was Hallelujah's toying with Healing, slowly but surely whittling away at her Garazzo, a la the Soma/Sergei tag team in season one. While Lyle's kill was arguably more impressive from a technical point, unfortunately it occurred after Healing's death which signified that if she didn't live, neither would Revive, so it was predictable. But really, good stuff.

On the topic of Innovades, what was the deal with them (or individuals very similar to), in all their identical hairstyle glory, being present in the epilogue? I read somewhere that it maybe was a reference to 00F, so any clarification on this would be great.

I didn't mind the final battle with Exia R2 and 0 Gundam, actually. It was a nice (albeit brief) throwback I thought, which, while perhaps arguably a bit campy, still looked great animation-wise and is pretty memorable. I'm actually curious, with the trashing of the 00 Raiser and thus its special Trans-Am system, perhaps this is why the Ptolemaios 2 and crew are seemingly headed to Jupiter, to build another GN Drive? Especially if you consider that the "pure" GN particles the 00 Raiser emitted and thus the altering of consciousness is supposed to guide humanity through innovation as mentioned several times. Regardless, I hope that will be clarified and given a final word on that.

All in all, while it is still too early to judge because of the unreleased movie, I still think Mobile Suit Gundam 00 is another great addition to the AU universe.

That said...I'm excited for Jupiter '10! :D
hotlimit

another posting error
Last edited by hotlimit on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThaDDeusBonzu

Really good ending i must say. I almost crapped my pants when Al/Hal used "the claw!!!", ....again. It was the one weapon that I missed seeing used this season.

Oh, and ah yes..... the immortal Colasour lives!!!!
hotlimit wrote: My only question is who is it that committed suicide at the end when the new president was speaking? I totally thought it was Graham, but then he pops up behind Billy. I'm not good at keeping track of characters who only show up once or twice, so I'm stuck.
I'm pretty sure that it was Homer Karagiri.
SDGO Taiwan ign: RougeMK
hotlimit

ThaDDeusBonzu wrote: Oh, and ah yes..... the immortal Colasour lives!!!!
hotlimit wrote: My only question is who is it that committed suicide at the end when the new president was speaking? I totally thought it was Graham, but then he pops up behind Billy. I'm not good at keeping track of characters who only show up once or twice, so I'm stuck.
I'm pretty sure that it was Homer Karagiri.
Ohhh, that would make sense and also explain didn't know who it could be.

Anyway, great series, now I wish I could get my hardcore Gundam fan friends to watch this show who refuse to see anything after Turn A.