The Official Gundam 00 Season 2 Thread Mk VI

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Chris
Administrator

Anyone expecting people or mecha from 00F to show up really should know that it isn't going to happen. Celestial Being isn't even supposed to know about Fereshte's existence, and most of them don't. Dr. Moreno knew and is dead, leaving only Ian. He suspects that Sumeragi knows about Fereshte, but that's never been definitively settled. If you had stuff like Astraea, Sadalsuud, etc show up, the Meisters would be just as confused as the audience.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Dark Duel

Dean_the_Young wrote:Even if you factor the fifth GN drive that Ferashite has, which no one knew about and was effectively null, that's still the loss of all 4 of Celestial Being's cutting-edge Gundams.
WHAT Fifth GN Drive?
00F establishes from the get-go that they're using the 0 Gundam's GN-Drive, and in Vol2 have that one plus Kyrios's, which they salvaged after Allelujah got himself beaten - both of which are accounted for in S2 as being in use by 00 Gundam and Arios respectively.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Jak Crow

Dean_the_Young wrote:
Symbolhime wrote: Not really. All you'd need was Linda to be all "I've also sent for some reinforcements from our base at Krung Threp (or whatever it is). The test pilots are bringing all the Prototype Mobile Suits to back us up! ^^"
Which begs the question: where were the reinforcements during the last season and a half when Celestial Being was being hunted down and consistently on the run? When Celestial Being was throwing everything and the kitchen sink to destroy the Memento Moris?

The four friggen months of being hunted down relentlessly by A-LAWS after Break Pillar?

With no prior mention or reference, that pretty much counts as out of nowhere, and it makes them asses. "Oh, we could have sent you desperately needed reinforcements and support when you were on the rope's edge and needed it most, reinforcements no one knew about and that could have fundamentally changed battlefield calculations in Celestial Being's favor and might have even saved the first Lockon. But we decided not to. But hey, we're here now, right? No hard feelings?"
Or it could be that effective GN condensers were not available to run suits like Archer and 0 till now.

I've always found it bothersome the side stories exist without acknowledgment from the main story, especially when the main characters or suits are part of the side stories.
Destiny_Gundam

All this talk of side story appearences is meaningless. We don't even know if Ferashite still exists after the 4 year time skip.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Dean_the_Young

Dark Duel wrote:
Dean_the_Young wrote:Even if you factor the fifth GN drive that Ferashite has, which no one knew about and was effectively null, that's still the loss of all 4 of Celestial Being's cutting-edge Gundams.
WHAT Fifth GN Drive?
00F establishes from the get-go that they're using the 0 Gundam's GN-Drive, and in Vol2 have that one plus Kyrios's, which they salvaged after Allelujah got himself beaten - both of which are accounted for in S2 as being in use by 00 Gundam and Arios respectively.
...the 0 Gundam? That fifth drive? Exia Kyrios Dynames and Virtue/Nadleeh account for four of the drives, but just leaving the fifth drive, the 0's drive, uninvolved in S1 seems very silly, especially during the general retreat when any support would have been desperately needed.
Jak Crow wrote: Or it could be that effective GN condensers were not available to run suits like Archer and 0 till now.
Which still leaves the question about the four month timeskip after break the pillar, and the period before.
I've always found it bothersome the side stories exist without acknowledgment from the main story, especially when the main characters or suits are part of the side stories.
Agreed. It wouldn't even be so bad if they were truly inconsequential (like 10 years in the past or what not), but running parallel to S1 and having no relevant role with the 0 Gundam's drive is annoying. I'd rather if it had just been kept by the CB R&D people, and used to supply all the particles CB needs to keep their bases running and hidden. At least that would have made a bit more sense; then the lack of reinforcements would have been because they couldn't, rather than wouldn't.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
'Dustin'

I dunno if this is allowed or not, but I believe a followup movie/OVA has been confirmed. Check out the information here; it's rather interesting with the plot choices they can decide upon.

http://ninteenpointzerofour.wordpress.c ... age-april/
-____- Stuff always updates when I’m sleeping. Well I’m up now. Since this appears to be pretty juicy I’ll be updating in frequent, small, chunks rather than waiting to post the whole thing.

[EDIT]
To sum things up:
- Movie or something pretty much confirmed.
- “If they survive the final battle” comments for Setsuna, Saji and Lyle
- Setsuna gets to confront Ribbons
- Lyle’s probably gonna fight Ali, probably for Neil’s revenge (yeah I know, where’d that come from?)
- Shit sucks for Al; they tease about Hal again
- Regene is the final boss (best be trolling, magazines)
- Mentions of Saji in the producer’s comments about Saji: 0
- Feldt gives Setsuna a flower confirmed for the nth time
- Patrick and Kati help out CB also confirmed
- Veda’s hinted at being back on the moon now (Official File is made of LIES), and hints at that huge ass ship 2ch’s been going on about

[EDIT again] Because people (not here) are illiterate, for the last time the 3 options feature in the Animedia article is the Animedia staff throwing out their speculations to one of the producers. In other words: Anew is still dead. Tieria is NOT Aeolia. Setsuna doesn’t become Marina’s manager or get it on with Feldt. But Al might end up being Soma’s slave :P

Source.

{comments from the beginning of the post/brief summary of the contents}

It seems like there really is going to be a movie or something after all.
Because the producer made some comments in Animedia.
The great spoiler-king [of magazines], Animedia, readily exposed Veda’s recapture.
And that in Episode 22 Patrick, along with Kati come to reenforce CB when they’re in a pinch.

Animage

A feature with a 2-page spread with the four Meisters, Saji and Louise, Sumeragi and Billy also have a 1-page summary-article. There are remarks about each of their relationships. Just the areas that caught my eye.

Setsuna
“I fight to live!”

Iketani P’s Commets {Producer Iketani Hiroomi}
• Setsuna and Marina’s relationship is stronger than it was in the first season, but rather than love, the meaning is more that they are both seeking companionship.
• As for Setsuna and Saji’s relationship, assuming they survive the final battle, they probably won’t continue to walk the same path.
• Setsuna and Ribbons. As we head toward the climax, the two will meet again.

Lockon
“I’ll snipe the Innovators”

Iketani P’s Comments:
• As the various missions pile up, especially what happened with Anew, Lyle feels [more and more?] that he is supposed to be a Gundam Meister for CB. During this stage he must be thinking a lot about the late Lockon. Thinking like that, isn’t a clash with Ali unavoidable?

On Allelujah’s page there’s the line “Marie is good….”
*Reference to Iketani P’s comments.

Iketani P’s Comments:
• In the midst of the world’s distortion, because an existence like themselves came into being, Allelujah maintains his intent to prevent this kind of tragedy from happening again. I imagine that Souma has similar feelings toward him.
She offers him “If you want to call me Marie, that’s fine.” but, they [can't?] understand each other better than before. {I’m making a leap in saying it’s negative, it doesn’t really seem to make sense to me in the positive and できているのでは seems like it should be できているのでは[ない] but there’s a good chance I’m just being dumb}
On the other hand, Souma carries an intense hatred for Andrei. How will these feelings affect her relationship with Allelujah is the point from here on. As far as Andrei is concerned, he must be feeling regret over having killed his father. How will he make up for killing his father? If he does will Souma be able to understand him? How will they meet and settle things? Perhaps in an incident on the battlefield–this is another point to pay attention to.

Tieria
“Please guide me… Lockon”

Iketani P’s Comments:
• With regard to Ribbons, Tieria thinks “If I don’t find a way to stop this man, the fighting will never end.” He might have information from Regene, but I think Tieria senses that Ribbons is different from the other Innovators.
Regene is embracing the idea that he wants to change the world by his strength alone.
He thinks that Ribbons’ position should have been his. {Fucking better not be his motive}
Regene thought Tieria was special, but doesn’t appear to be essential now.

Saji
“If we can understand each other we can build the/a future!”

Iketani P’s comments:
• Presently, Louise can no longer survive without nanomachines. Even if Louise returned to Saji, there is little hope of a bright future. Moreover, Louise, oppressed by her hate, killed Nena, and furthermore she despairs that nothing is borne from her revenge. Surely this event has left a big scar on Louise’s heart. {Mentions of Saji in Iketani P’s comments about Saji: 0}

P25-7 Sougetsu and Kamiya talk.
{skiping for now}

P28-29 Interview with Kawai
{probably not bothering with this until much later, it’s interesting that they’re interviewing the composer but the probability of spoilers is very low}

Animedia
{Just a reminder, as usual I’m skipping image/page descriptions for the most part}

P6-7: Feature is titled “Take back Veda!! To the moon!!”
In the comments: “Please pay particular attention to these two [Tieria and Setsuna] of the Gundam Meisters! When they take back Veda, pay particular attention to Tieria” So, surely Tieria is doing something in regard to recapturing Veda {no shit?}

In Episode 22, Felt says “I’ll give it to you.” to Setsuna as she hands over a flower, Setsuna accepts it saying “Understood.”

P8-11 Climax predictions for each character.
Sunrise’s Ikeda P responds to three choices. {I believe the idea being that the 3 options are the ideas of Animedia’s writers and Iketani P is just commenting on them}

Setsuna
1. Setsuna becomes Marina’s manager.
2. Setsuna and Feldt become all lovey-dovey.
3. Gundam undergoes another change!? Setsuna disappears into space.

Iketani P’s response: “Aside from the circumstances as to how he goes missing, three is possible, I wonder. The problem is Feldt’s flower. I don’t understand her intent very well but Feldt says ‘don’t die’ and Setsuna responds with one word ‘Understood’ ”

Tieria:
1. He sends his feelings for Lockon out through space
2. Joins with the Innovators
3. He falls into the past and becomes Aeolia

Iketani P’s response “It’s impossible, but 3 is interesting. I think Lockon is Tieria’s emotional key-person, but lately he hasn’t been saying his name very much. Because he knows what he should be doing now. After this, it’ll be interesting how he becomes the key to facing off against the Innovators and Veda.”

Lockon:
1. Anew isn’t dead
2. He defeats Ali, taking revenge for his brother
3. He defeats Ribbons, taking revenge for Katharon {Animedia, you guys are either really clever putting this action and this reason together or you’re really really dumb}

Iketani P: “2 and 3 are likely. Up until now Lyle’s had one foot in CB and the other in Katharon. If Lyle were to survive, how will he try to live on? That will be Lyle’s climax.”

Allelujah:
1. Marries Marie
2. Becomes Souma’s slave as penance
3. Hallelujah steals Souma away

Iketani P: “For Hallelujah to return again, 00’s strong GN particles are needed. It depends on Setsuna. To the very end, the one with “possibility” is 2. [Because] Allelujah killed their brethren. On top of that, he can’t achieve normal happiness, not achieving [happiness], that’s the kind of character he is, I think.”

Patrick “Just how far does your immortality go?”

Iketani P: “In episode 22, he gallantly dashes in to CB’s rescue. If he puts his mind to it, he can do it. If he does that much at least, surely you’ll be satisfied, won’t you?”

Mister Bushido:
When he’s defeated by Setsuna he spouts the sophism “Bushido* is about finding a way to die” {*should be obvious but just in case, not his name}
1. He drifts about in space
2. He resumes his training
3. Ashamed of himself, he withdraws to the countryside {Nice one, Animedia}

Iketani P: “3 followed by 2 would be [a] happy [end]. He’s the most troublesome character to be asked about what will become of him in the end. Until the end, he has nothing but his obsession with Gundam [left].”

Concerning the final battle:
“I wonder what’s on the other side of the moon? Is it just Veda? {Veda shouldn’t be there AT ALL according to the Official File. LIES, ALL OF IT!} After that, the final boss’s mecha? {Ribbons + Fangs, Ribbons + Fangs, Ribbons + Fangs…} Perhaps something 10x the size of Alvatorre from the first season appear?”
{Er, pardon my comment spam in there^}

Concerning new 00-related stuff:
1. Third Season
2. Movie
3. OVA

Iketani P: “Although it’s a work which can be expanded upon in various ways, without saying 1, I’d like to work on 2 and 3. In order to think about what comes next, first the final episode [needs to happen]. Please don’t miss it.”

{whoops, accidentally started calling Iketani P, Ikeda P}

Lastly a comment titled “Iketani P’s climax presentation”
• Naturally, Setsuna is playing a active role in the [finale] drama, and Tieira is also being prepared to take an active role in things. As Lyle too makes his way through the final battle, surely he is thinking of his brother. Allelujah fights under CB’s ideals, [even though] many have been sacrificed, because he wants to keep Marie by his side, so he carries out CB’s ideals so that he can find happiness.
Andrei also has to carry out the things he believed in, because he’s lost his father’s [guidence], it is impossible for him to not enforce his will. {I dunno something like that}
However, truly, each character has their own fully-loaded role. One-by-one, how will they prepare themselves for the worst? That’s the highlight.

• Until the very end (of the last episode) until after the ending, until the very last second, don’t miss it!
Something, is there, probably. {<–Blogger comment, s/he then adds that both Macross F and FMA’s movies were announced in a similar fashion.}

P42-3
“Hello from the Sky” featuring Tieria and and interview with Kamiya.
Tieria’s progression of ups and downs in the second season.
Ayaka’s comments.

Tieria’s started joking lately *Ayaka’s comment
{-____- same old thing about how Tieria’s changed and stuff}

Is he interested in Milena? *Ayaka’s comment
“It’s a feeling of camaraderie. Because her innocence is something he doesn’t have, it seems like he’s thankful for her [being around]“

Goal Scene *notes {not the same as “Ayaka’s comment,” I dunno what that means in context unless it’s just him abbreviating “Ayaka’s comment”}
“Contrary to what we’ve expected, the Innovators’ last boss is not Ribbons but Regene!? Who is it that Tieria and the others really have to defeat? The truth is in the story {wat?}”
{I dunno what’s going on here^ don’t take it too seriously}

Tell us, Staff!

Even though Tieria could access Veda he didn’t know he was an Innovator because he was sent out as a Gundam Meister and consequently he information given to him was [strictly] controlled. It seems he didn’t have the information “I am an Innovator.” {and Regene told us all this in episode 8, thanks Sunrise}

P43 Kamiya interview {later}
{wait, no this last chunk funny and short}
6. Which character caught your attention in the second season?
Goodman. He looks like a [small] town baker.

Okay, that’s it for now. I’ll update with the interviews later.

EDIT: Spoilers tagged. Seriously, guys, not everyone wants to read this. Show some friggin' consideration.

~ShadowCell
speedstriker

'Dustin' wrote: Patrick “Just how far does your immortality go?”

Iketani P: “In episode 22, he gallantly dashes in to CB’s rescue. If he puts his mind to it, he can do it. If he does that much at least, surely you’ll be satisfied, won’t you?”
This is all I needed to know. All hail IMMORTAL COLASOUR!!
'Dustin' wrote:
2. He resumes his training
3. Ashamed of himself, he withdraws to the countryside {Nice one, Animedia}

Iketani P: “3 followed by 2 would be [a] happy [end]. He’s the most troublesome character to be asked about what will become of him in the end. Until the end, he has nothing but his obsession with Gundam [left].”
I knew it! For Bushido, a man who has nothing left, his only option is to try to let go of his past.

Thanks for the leak. Looking forward to the final three episodes with even more anticipation now!
To the end of the GALAXY!!!!
Damn, why is this line so catchy?
SNT1

-As expected, Regene shot a clone, Ali shoots Regene in the chest (dead?)

-CB and Katharon continue to waste ALAWS, until Ribbons finally shows his massive fungus of a battle station, killing most ALAWS and some Feddy ships in the battle. It's armed with....thousands of Trans-AM MP units with bring Stabities performing kamikaze runs on its targets. BTW, I'm still trying to decide if this is a hilarious wacky but awesome idea or flat-out retarded. I think the latter.

-Patrick gets downed by said Transpam kamikaze units, protecting Kati

-Healing and Revive get Trans-AM, downs Seravee easily. However Tieria escapes and goes in to find veda...

-Louise and Andrei vs 00-Raiser. From what I saw Andrei gets trashed easily (duh) and Saji tries to reason with Louise. GL with that.

-Ali (Arche) vs Lyle. Seemed like Ali was winning.

-Soma/Al vs kamikaze grunts. Some gets hit I think.

-Sumeragi vs Billy (inside the Ptolemy, which crash-landed)

-Yeah, Lasse used 0 Gundam to fend off the attacks from the ship. What you see in last week's preview is what you get in this episode---a few frames showing 0 Gundam shootin' stuff. Really just something to appease the long-time Gundam fans, nothing more.

-Tieria gets to confront Ribbons

Too bad no extended battle on this episode, none the likes of Neil vs Ali in S1. The next ep might deliver though.

Damn you Billy. you suck.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Symbolhime

Oh wow, people on other boards are already whining.

Jesus, it's GUNDAM. How many serieses end with a massive space battle around a giant space thing with swarms of enemies and impossible odds? How many? And yet you're all like LOLWUT.

Gawd.

Anyway: Ribbons uses his ridiculous yet effective plan of mass-Trans-Am-Kamikaze.

And look, Billy's been building them. What a jerk.

But more importantly, Ribbon's fortress looks like A Boa-Qu sideways. Kinda.

I'm worried about Patrick- they showed his face on the form at the end like they normally do when people die, so....

But on the bright side, Louise lived, as well as the meisters, Soma, and Kataron.

Can't wait for Tieria and Ribbons to face-off.
What are the different strengths and needs of the European market? "I'm not certain; maybe football games?"
- Yoshiki Okamoto
Ohmygodiamonfire

Kamikaze clones? Awesome.
I pray that they didn't kill off Patrick.
Last edited by Ohmygodiamonfire on Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowCell wrote:"...we'll, uh, do the same thing that the original Neue Ziel did."
"Which is...?"
"Crash into stuff."
"...oh."
NovaGundam5683
Location: in a place where I can say that I'm alright and I'm stayin there with you.

Ohmygodiamonfire wrote:I pray that they didn't kill off Patrick.
You and me both dood! All hail the Immortal Corlasawar! Now I wonder how many of CB they off in the next episode. I also reckon that Hal and Graham will return next episode.
"TAAAAAAIIISSAAAAANN!" -Patrick Corlasawar
Recon 5

SNT1 wrote:
I'm still trying to decide if this is a hilarious wacky but awesome idea or flat-out retarded. I think the latter.

Seems to be a common reaction to most [Whatever] Gundam vs. GIANT ENEMY CR- uh, MACHINE of the series. Why can't anyone ever see that these set pieces are awesome?
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Genocide

Recon 5 wrote:
SNT1 wrote:
I'm still trying to decide if this is a hilarious wacky but awesome idea or flat-out retarded. I think the latter.

Seems to be a common reaction to most [Whatever] Gundam vs. GIANT ENEMY CR- uh, MACHINE of the series. Why can't anyone ever see that these set pieces are awesome?

He was talking about the suicide dummies, which I would agree. Given how much more potential the clones would have in combat, it's kind of ridiculous to use them as Innovator-flesh-bombs. It's also hypocritical of Ribbons, who supposedly thinks that Innovators are superior to humans, yet sends them off in a manner that basically trades one Innovator death for one human death - sometimes more, sometimes less. Of course I haven't seen the episode yet.
Newtype87

Genocide wrote:
Recon 5 wrote:
SNT1 wrote:

He was talking about the suicide dummies, which I would agree. Given how much more potential the clones would have in combat, it's kind of ridiculous to use them as Innovator-flesh-bombs. It's also hypocritical of Ribbons, who supposedly thinks that Innovators are superior to humans, yet sends them off in a manner that basically trades one Innovator death for one human death - sometimes more, sometimes less. Of course I haven't seen the episode yet.

I see it the other way around: I think that that little hypocrisy perfectly in character for Ribbons. The man has a god-complex and sees himself and the Innovators as superior to humans, in that order. He's at the top, and the Innovators are beneath him, and humans beneath that. The rest of the Innovators are just pawns to him, pieces to be controlled, and the same goes for all of mankind. And sometimes you have to sacrifice a few pieces in order to win. At least, that's how I've kinda been interpreting Ribbons.
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
T.V.

I agree with the above on Ribbons. Innovators, despite being superior to humans, are still just tools to him.

Spectacular episode is spectacular.

Lots of interesting stuff happening, and this episode shows it's a budget hogger in many nice nice ways.
it's also one of this season's better directed episodes at that, in terms of character focus and storytelling IMO, despite being predominantly action oriented.
Ohmygodiamonfire wrote:Kamikaze clones? Awesome.
As in: (Bringing) Divine Stabity? :P
I pray that they didn't kill off Patrick.
One of the few character I'd like to pull off a Mwu.

Also, Lyle get's a chance to get revenge for his brother, even though he claimed to not being vengeful like him.
Perhaps he and Neil were a lot more alike than he wanted to admit, hmm?
Last edited by T.V. on Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
speedstriker

All I have to say is:

This was a triumph, I'm making a note here, huge success.
Its hard to overstate my satisfaction.

Patrick is still alive!! Even when all the others are dead, he'll be still alive. ;_;

Please let this be true.... :cry:
T.V.

The irony is.. Patrick finally became a true ace in this and the last episode, taking out at least 5 enemy units IIRC.
Genocide

Well, I never cared much for Patrick so I'm apathetic to his fate. I must say though, I love the music that plays when they first attack the fortress.
RedBlitz

At last the haters will shut up about him not being an Ace and now hopefully he will become the next Mwu!! :twisted:

I think he will though... he's kinda like Tamaki in Code Geass, he's too much of an idiot and an inferior pilot compared to the main characters, so he has to live. lol
speedstriker

T.V. wrote:The irony is.. Patrick finally became a true ace in this and the last episode, taking out at least 5 enemy units IIRC.

If he survive, his future wife will finally be able to say his husband is an ace. Please let Patrick live.

On a side note, Tieria looks like he's ready to woop some innovator ass with Veda.
RedBlitz wrote:At last the haters will shut up about him not being an Ace and now hopefully he will become the next Mwu!! :twisted:

I think he will though... he's kinda like Tamaki in Code Geass, he's too much of an idiot and an inferior pilot compared to the main characters, so he has to live. lol
Pfffffffffft, next Mwu? Nah, Mu's too flashy and charismatic to be compared to Patrick. Patrick prevail not with plot armor but through his highly concentrated amount of sheer win, luck and love towrd his taiissaaaaa! :lol: