The Official Gundam 00 Season 2 Thread Mk VI

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Windknight

'Dustin' wrote:I find it dumb as to how they couldn't give Cherudim a simple beam saber or two, though. Honestly, they should have seen this coming, why not give it some extra close range material?
the pistols double as hatchets, so it DOES have CQB weapons
Take flight, and strike from the heavens
Aegis

I think he already knows that the pistols double as CQC weapons. He's saying that the Cherudim should've also gained another set of melee weapons like beam sabers, especially siting it to have more range to handle something akin to Arche's sword. I say you can give it six beam sabers all you want; he'll still get sliced apart by Ali. :P
'Dustin'

Aegis wrote:I think he already knows that the pistols double as CQC weapons. He's saying that the Cherudim should've also gained another set of melee weapons like beam sabers, especially siting it to have more range to handle something akin to Arche's sword. I say you can give it six beam sabers all you want; he'll still get sliced apart by Ali. :P
Precisely. But they would still be rather favorable to silly hatchets.
neolordmaxwell

Very, very simple answer. Cherudim's entire battle purpose is to shoot things. To dra a beam saber, he must disarm a ranged weapon in favor of grabbing a melee one. The axes mught not seem like much, but they can block a beam saber, and function as a close range weapon in a pinch, without requiring the Chrudim to drop it's guns.

Having to grab a sword would put the all-ranged gundam at a disadvantage. Lockon 1.0 even complained about this fact at one point.
Gundam Models, Reviews, and more at http://www.gundamscope.com
Recon 5

About the red Innovator missiles, look at it this way: After what Regene did, Evil Amuro is probably trying to secure his position by eliminating the "spares" of other Innovators. That said, why not try to do it in a useful way?
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Darkenvoy254

Recon 5 wrote:About the red Innovator missiles, look at it this way: After what Regene did, Evil Amuro is probably trying to secure his position by eliminating the "spares" of other Innovators. That said, why not try to do it in a useful way?
That would be efficent yet inefficant as well scine your killing of clones of one of your pilots however you can make sure one of them does not get smart enough to backstab you. Also he is trading Fighting stength for protection for his own selfish self.
"Big O showtime!"- Roger smith(The Big O)

"You still owe me 11 lunches" Guld Goa Bowman (Macross Plus)
SNT1

It's probably just a combination of Ribbons' fabulousness and Louise's money, but to put cloned pilots on a missile built with arms and a head is a ridiculously bad idea in Gundam, IMO. Not that it didn't work well, but I definitely had the "are you srs" look while watching it.

I probably wouldn't dislike it as much if it was Lelouch who does something like this in his show, given its atmosphere...
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Recon 5

SNT1 wrote:It's probably just a combination of Ribbons' fabulousness and Louise's money.
Then we come to the question of whether the clones were being generated on the spot or if there were already a few thousand of each Innovator to begin with. If the former was true, then the Innovator Missile Massacre would be a dumb idea but if the latter was the case, then launching them at the Ptolemy would be a better idea than the alternative of just airlocking the whole lot of them.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Kavik Ryx

'Dustin' wrote:"That's no moon... it's a Memento Mori."

:P

Also Bring Clones were GN cannon fodder

Patrick had BETTER not die. This episode proved him to be a TRUE pilot.

...I also noticed that this episode was... more or less Return of the Jedi.

XD
Bring had always been canon fodder. At least this time he gets a kill.

And by RotJ, do you mean by how awesome that movie was, or in the insulting way?
ShadowCell

So the mighty A-LAWS that pushed Celestial Being to the wall countless times over the course of the season and provided some of their worst foes...just gets evaporated like water off the stove?
Newtype87

ShadowCell wrote:So the mighty A-LAWS that pushed Celestial Being to the wall countless times over the course of the season and provided some of their worst foes...just gets evaporated like water off the stove?
They were but pawns in Ribbons' great game. And they weren't expecting it. At all. Give 'em some credit.
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
ShadowCell

Well, yeah, but I'm starting to feel like even I am a pawn in Ribbons' great game, and I have the fourth wall to protect me. The guy has his hands in so many things that it's starting to feel cheap.

So, yeah, I was expecting A-LAWS to go out with a bang, not a gurgle.
Thundermuffin

Well, Homer's still out there. And Graham.

Wondering if Graham's going to show up to the battle in his custom Ahead or even a Flag. Unless he's just going to show up in his armless Susanoo...
azrael

ShadowCell wrote:Well, yeah, but I'm starting to feel like even I am a pawn in Ribbons' great game, and I have the fourth wall to protect me. The guy has his hands in so many things that it's starting to feel cheap.

Well, it's one way to end a plot thread...
Thundermuffin wrote:Wondering if Graham's going to show up to the battle in his custom Ahead or even a Flag. Unless he's just going to show up in his armless Susanoo...
We still have 2 more episodes left in this series. Plenty of time for Graham to appear in the last 5 minutes of the last episode.
VentZX

ShadowCell wrote:Well, yeah, but I'm starting to feel like even I am a pawn in Ribbons' great game, and I have the fourth wall to protect me. The guy has his hands in so many things that it's starting to feel cheap.

About Ribbons, it was always blatantly clear who was actually running A-Laws, and this guy clearly has no qualms about disposing of pawns when he doesn't have a use for them anymore. Also, this isn't the first time that a big ol' enemy fleet was completely vaporized by a large beam weapon. Oh, and we've known that the Innovators, the guys behind A-Laws, were CB's true enemy for a long time, so again, of course they'd be the final boss. The big fight you were expecting happened last episode.
ShadowCell

That's, uh, not my point. Considering that even though A-LAWS wasn't the real man behind the curtain, they were still powerful enough to put Celestial Being on the ropes more than once, I expected more out of them than what we got in episode 22.
SNT1

They did put CB on a bind too many times earlier in the season, but A-LAWS stopped being a constant serious threat after the ep.10/11 CB upgrades.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Deus EpS Machina

Thundermuffin wrote:Wondering if Graham's going to show up to the battle in his custom Ahead or even a Flag. Unless he's just going to show up in his armless Susanoo...
Armless Susanoo and self-destruct whatever thing will threaten to crash onto Earth, etc. saving his love from certain death.
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
Casval Rem Daikun

Well, Team Patrick's dead. He protected his woman, but got taken down by Ribbon's Zerg rush, though he seems to have taken 3 down at once with him. If he's not dead, he's pretty mangled at this point.

I do wish Regene had at least made it interesting before Ali put one through his heart. Didn't even put some holes in the furniture. :p

A-Laws needed to be disposed of in a fairly quick manner, and Ribbons new death ray worked pretty well for that. One less loose end and a whole lot of dead folks that didn't have a problem with using the Memento Mori or killbots - the future doesn't need people like that.

Billy does not, in any way deserve the title Brilliant or Magnificent Bastard. He's a cowardly turd who let his misguided hatred control him. He lost his girlfriend, lost his boyfriend, and lost his mentor to CB and the Gundams. So blinded is he by that hatred, that he's allied himself with the people actually behind his mentor's murder, and his friends infatuation degrading into obsession (recall that Graham was still "in love" with Gundams until Howard Mason was offed by the Thrones) just so he can take revenge.

I'm hoping Kujo doesn't die next ep, but I'm none too hopeful that the writers have the strength to avoid the super-cliche irony of her being killed by the very machines she theorized being used in combat. It would be a nice time for Graham to return and intervene, but logically that can't happen. At best, Kujo grabbed a grenade launcher, not a machine gun and Billy will be good and dead.

As an aside, if he so much as mentions Kujo's paper on the use of automatons and how well that worked out, I will puke. Seriously.

Setsuna was a little I dunno, lackluster this ep. Guess they're saving up for the last two episodes. (I noted that some people were saying 3 to go, but I thought 00 was a 50 ep series, not 51.)

SoMarie is amazingly stubborn, and I'm wondering if she has a death wish given her ignoring Al telling her to dock when he guns ran dry. With Luck, she's ok and maybe Hal or better still the Hal/Al combo returns for good and is able to protect her from Ribbons GN Ohka forces.

Surprised Tieria didn't just bust out Seraphim, but he's focused on Veda and may have simply crashed by a door and just skipped ahead in the plan.
Ribbons actually seemed surprised by his appearance, which is good.

Ali and Lockon Mk II. Again, I can only hope the writers will come up with something better than Ali kicking his ass. One would hope that Haro would have enough combat data on the Arche by now to do a bit better.
The rifle bits were disappointingly short lived.

CB alone isn't going to win this. Kati and the rebel fleet will have to do a bit more I think.
Oruma

more thoughts on this episode.

Think of Ribbons' mass production "Bring/Stability Army" this way: either A.I. pilot programming is more difficult in the 00 world, or perhaps the cloning of innovators is so easy it is at "instant cloning, just add water" level. :lol: it could also be that CB's resilience pushed at Ribbons' plans, and he didn't have time to properly arm the MSs, so... :roll:

Ribbons should be able to control all the Bring/Stability clones via Veda; as for the Gaga (that's not a very...intimidating name :lol: ) those arms may be surplus Tieren/Anf parts for all we know, and there are no legs (as an engineer once said, in space legs are only for shows :roll: )

As for OPs & wrong matchups, let's just consider it red herrings and leave it at that. The Seraphim, intact, probably will be the key to victory for CB, with its Trial System activated to disable all the Innovator MSs on the field.

Regarding Feldt in a MS: while it may be entertaining, the idea should've been introduced much earlier, as in at the beginning of S2, if the producers wanted to do it (e.g. Feldt replacing Neil in Dynames or Cherudim for S2).

As for Cherudim, aside from the beam pistol/hatchet, the other CQB idea may be a beam rifle with bayonet (kinda like Gabthley's or Zeta's rifles). Although my greater nag about Cherudim this episode is: why waste the Rifle bits kamikazing the GN Fangs? *sigh*

Also, does anyone notice the ship suddenly having the ability to Trans-AM (abeit for a short time only) without any GN Drives attached? :shock:

Oh, and A-Laws: according to the subs I watched with, they actually have enough of a fleet left to retreat :)

SoMarie's reluctance to dock: insert all kind of jokes please, but how do you dock the Arios and Archer in MS mode...? :lol: no wonder she's reluctant to do it :lol:
"So...what does the Uncertainty Principle really mean?"
"Sorry, I'm not sure."