The Offical Gundam 00 Season 2 Thread Mk V

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Wingnut

Eh, Lyle kinda figured that out himself back many episodes ago too when he learned about Ali.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Gadget

It is one thing too calmly state his view in a conference room, and another during the blood lust battle field.

Buy the way, if Saji did not wear spandex, his not really an official CB. The same goes for SoMaria.
RedBlitz

Well SoMarie is wearing a CB pilot suit and not just the standard civilian one that Saji wears, so I'd consider her a member. Plus she's with Al/Hal, so if he's a member then she is to. Even if they might be going through some difficulties at the moment... :roll:

(Keep in mind I have yet to take the time and see the most recent episode so she might have told Al to fuck off and die, so I dont know. lol)
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
Gadget

Speaking of space suits, anyone got any idea why Nena's suit's got green glowing lines like Tron?
Dark Duel

I'd say that's just there to look cool. Liu Mei and Hong had the same suits.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Meteoid

RedBlitz wrote:Well SoMarie is wearing a CB pilot suit and not just the standard civilian one that Saji wears, so I'd consider her a member.
Saji does wear a Celetial Being pilot suit, it's just in pure white instead of two-tone like everyone else's. And it's probably more out of practicality than anything else, if those two are going to be piloting better give them a pilot suit.
Although, does this mean they have vast reserves of uniforms onboard the Ptolemy? Since they had some pilot suits ready for Saji and Soma, and then they had some in Sumeragi's colours in at least two sizes, and also they.
Keeping with the Uniform theme, what is the deal with the colours? We've seen that Feldt's, Ian's and Lasse's are the standard colours for Men and Women respectively, and the Meisters are understandable but what makes Linda, Mileina and Anew so special that they get custom colours?
Phantomexe87

Meteoid wrote:Saji does wear a Celetial Being pilot suit, it's just in pure white instead of two-tone like everyone else's. And it's probably more out of practicality than anything else, if those two are going to be piloting better give them a pilot suit.
Although, does this mean they have vast reserves of uniforms onboard the Ptolemy? Since they had some pilot suits ready for Saji and Soma, and then they had some in Sumeragi's colours in at least two sizes, and also they.
Keeping with the Uniform theme, what is the deal with the colours? We've seen that Feldt's, Ian's and Lasse's are the standard colours for Men and Women respectively, and the Meisters are understandable but what makes Linda, Mileina and Anew so special that they get custom colours?
I think it's just personalization. After all Celestial Being isn't exactly a normal military or paramilitary outfit, it's even more lax than the AEUG. Uniforms don't even seem to be a requirement, just an option.
Destiny_Gundam

The point of Celestial Being's uniforms is to symbolize their unity. I think by not having Saji or Soma wear the CB uniforms shows that while they may be cooperating, they still aren't formally part of the organization.

As for the colours of the female uniforms, they're allowed to decide on whatever they want. It's the non-Meister guys who are stuck with the gray outfits.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Phantomexe87

Destiny_Gundam wrote: It's the non-Meister guys who are stuck with the gray outfits.
Or they're just not into dressing like power rangers.
SNT1

Or Black Ranger has more fans... :lol:

And isn't Soma's suit a CB color suit?
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Oruma

Destiny_Gundam wrote:The point of Celestial Being's uniforms is to symbolize their unity. I think by not having Saji or Soma wear the CB uniforms shows that while they may be cooperating, they still aren't formally part of the organization.

As for the colours of the female uniforms, they're allowed to decide on whatever they want. It's the non-Meister guys who are stuck with the gray outfits.
Perhaps the uniforms can change color (like the red/blue outfits in WALL-E) and, while most people customize their uniforms to particular colors, some just don't bother and leave it at "default". Kinda like cellphone or computer wallpapers; some people customize them to death, while others are indifferent to the decor. :roll:
"So...what does the Uncertainty Principle really mean?"
"Sorry, I'm not sure."
Strike Zero

Repost from 4chan.

This is a chart detalling the Allelujah line-to-Marie ratio. I found it to be quite amusing.
Ep  Lines  “Marie” 
01   0   0  
02   1   1  First line of the season: “Marie…”
03  27  10  Rescue operation. First attack of the Marie disease.
04  24   4  
05   9   0  
06   8   3  
07  56  27  Severe Marie disease.
08  10   2  From here on, he is silent.
09   5   0  Trans-Am battery.
10   6   2  
11   7   0  
12   4   0  Trans-Am battery.
13   3   0  Still Trans-Am battery.
14   6   1  
15   5   0  
16   3   0  
17   9   1  
18  15   6  Attack of Marie disease the moment he cannot control his waifu.
19   7   6  Come back Hal, he is hopeless…

Total
205 63 By now, 30% of his lines are “Marie”.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Meteoid

Only 30%? I'm actually stunned, I'm also more stunned that someone took the time to actually make that.
Sulendil Zeta

Meteoid wrote:Only 30%? I'm actually stunned, I'm also more stunned that someone took the time to actually make that.
But it's from 4Chan, and you know, everything is possible in that place. :P

But yeah, it's kinda surprising fact.
Gadget

So in another word, Al would say 'Maria' 3 times for every 10 words he say? I think that is actually more creepy. Al sounds more like a stalker. :twisted:

The last time I know someone who uses limited words was my old platoon sergeant. Unfortunally, most of the words he'll use is 'f__king hell'..
CheesyErwin

Oruma wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:The point of Celestial Being's uniforms is to symbolize their unity. I think by not having Saji or Soma wear the CB uniforms shows that while they may be cooperating, they still aren't formally part of the organization.

Perhaps the uniforms can change color (like the red/blue outfits in WALL-E) and, while most people customize their uniforms to particular colors, some just don't bother and leave it at "default". Kinda like cellphone or computer wallpapers; some people customize them to death, while others are indifferent to the decor. :roll:
Well, my school's summer uniform had 3 colours to choose from, but I mainly stick to the plain white one.
"I am... GUNDAM!" - Setesua F. Seiei
jam!

I think it's reasonable for Saji to be in the 0 Raiser cockpit. The Haros can perform many tasks however while we saw a Haro pilot Dynames back to the Ptolemy and also dodge enemy fire while Neil handled the shooting, CB doesn't trust the Haros to actually take full control.
Perhaps due to the fear of hacking from VEDA.

Otherwise, why else would Marie/Soma need to pilot the GN Archer. In fact, why don't the Haros pilot the Gundams? After all, they wouldn't have needed Setsuna or Tieria to sit in the 00's cockpit if the Haros were enough to control the Gundam (in CB's opinion).
Furthermore, CB would've definitely used a Haro to put the Arios on the offensive until Allelujah was able to board it rather than just crashing it into the side of the prison complex like they did. Leaving the Arios like that and considering the enemy forces were strong and Al could've easily been killed (which he almost was), only increased the possibility of a gundam jacking.
Gadget

jam! wrote:I think it's reasonable for Saji to be in the 0 Raiser cockpit. The Haros can perform many tasks however while we saw a Haro pilot Dynames back to the Ptolemy and also dodge enemy fire while Neil handled the shooting, CB doesn't trust the Haros to actually take full control.
Perhaps due to the fear of hacking from VEDA.
Haro is not Ghost from Macross Plus. First clue is that they are more irritating then dangerous.
jam! wrote:
Leaving the Arios like that and considering the enemy forces were strong and Al could've easily been killed (which he almost was), only increased the possibility of a gundam jacking.
Unless the A-Laws could sweet talk and plead Haro into doing them a favor. Saji was (almost) able the hijack (Raiserjack?) the 0 Riazer, even with the Haro. [/quote]
jam!

I disagree, Gadget.

Wang believed VEDA might have hacked into their ship. Perhaps she thought Ribbons was behind it. That and previous events such as Ribbons using VEDA hacking into CB to stall the Gundams proves VEDA has awesome hacking capabilities.
Though CB is currently disconnected from VEDA, there's still the risk of a hack. Even nowadays we know that just because you don't have an obvious connection to the internet, it's possible to get a virus even with tons of firewalls and anti-virus.

Saji almost got into the 0 Raiser without permission however, considering that Haro stopped him before from going anywhere with it, I'm sure it would've done the same thing again. Saji might've even launched but as soon as the Haro realised he was going away from Ptolemy for no reason that would benefit CB, it'd stall the controls most likely.

Does anyone know how Nena and Louise have innovator eyes?
Dean_the_Young

jam! wrote: Saji almost got into the 0 Raiser without permission however, considering that Haro stopped him before from going anywhere with it, I'm sure it would've done the same thing again. Saji might've even launched but as soon as the Haro realised he was going away from Ptolemy for no reason that would benefit CB, it'd stall the controls most likely.
Haro didn't stop Saji that first time after 00 Raiser, though: the 0 Riser didn't move because it was out of particles, not because Haro blocked it. Haro hasn't been a security tool yet, nor has it been indicated to be.
Does anyone know how Nena and Louise have innovator eyes?
Presumably because they got the Innovator-upgrade package deal that Wang Liu Mei thought that all humans would get.

I remember hearing that the Trinities were all test-tube babies and were based off of Ribbons, so they were likely made by the same process other innovators were.

As for Louise, I think she is a case of Ribbons giving an OK for innovator upgrade. No proof, just speculation.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy