The Offical Gundam 00 Season 2 Thread Mk V

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Genocide

Anew likely had a part of her mind supressed in order to ensure she doesn't make any screw ups. In a way, I would assume it's almost like when Marie took over but still maintained Soma's memories and feelings.
azrael

Genocide wrote:Anew likely had a part of her mind supressed in order to ensure she doesn't make any screw ups. In a way, I would assume it's almost like when Marie took over but still maintained Soma's memories and feelings.
IIRC, that was mentioned in the Official File vol. 3. The Innovator side was locked away but fully aware of what was happening.
Casval Rem Daikun

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Ribbons uses Veda to link with others and control them. Tieria and the Ptolemy's stock of Haros have been cut off from Veda.
Yes, I'm aware that it's Veda that gives Ribbons the ability, but I don't think it's range is infinite, at least not in a way that would allow Ribbons to fully control someone vs being able to see through their eyes.

If there was no limitation, then Ribbons' most logical course of action would have been to have Anew hack CB's systems and restore the Veda link. Once done, he could simply take over the ship, gone Space Seed on the crew to kill or incapacitate them, and then had Anew drive it wherever the hell he wanted it. Obviously that would cut the show a bit short. ;)

Still, nothing I've seen in the show so far suggests to me that Veda has unlimited range, and the effects of Trans Am Acid trip suggest that GN particles don't have an infinite range, at least so far. That may change if things keep progressing with Setsuna the way they have lately.

As an aside, am I the only one that wants to see the 00 Raiser hooked up to the P2 as a Trans Am battery, just to see the whole crew's reaction to the Acid Trip?

I think the Hal/Al & SoMarie scene would be very interesting - would they be two whole people, or four not so whole people?
T.V.

Regarding Anew, she really did fall in love with Lyle and really didn't know why the Innovators could 'ping' the Ptolemy so accurately, but that made her an all the more credible mole.
Only after Revive 'activated' her, did her previously sealed off Innovator memories become available again.

It's more or less the same trick Hauser (Governator) used in Total Recall.

Edit: Ninja'd ^^;

I too reckon that the remote control feature is enabled by VEDA. However, I think Anew was special in this case having specific functions installed enabling a forced mindhack.
The reason I'm thinking that is because Ribbons previously did not intervene when Bring Stabity was about to be killed by Tieria, although it clearly annoyed him and he could see the outcome in advance.
Anew's case was different in that Ribbons could've foreseen that Anew, due to her longterm undercover operation, could develop a conflict of interest. Therefore he could've chosen to install an override function in her, like with Louise, not present on the previously activated batch of Innovators (Bring, Divine, Healing, Regene and Revive).

The hostile takeover of Anew's mind is pretty much like an Innovator-centric TRIAL System from Ribbons' perspective, I reckon.

So, if the rumour of an army of 'mass productive' Puru.. Innovator clones pans out to be true, I could see Ribbons controlling them like puppets if he chose to, having installed the same safety feature first fielded on Anew and later Louise.
Destiny_Gundam

Casval Rem Daikun wrote:Still, nothing I've seen in the show so far suggests to me that Veda has unlimited range
I have to disagree. The show has always made a point of showing just how omnipotent Veda is.

Regardless of what Ribbons 'should' have done, the fact is that he didn't. Why isn't really that important. If nothing else, Ribbons has a big head, so he probably didn't think he'd have to resort to such extreme measures. Or he wanted to finish them off personally if the 00 was successfully stolen.

What's happened, happened. No point dwelling on the 'woulda, coulda, shoulda.'
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Hatter

I am a little late but the hell,looking at the summaries my jaw droped,0 Gundam is back?WTF?!I am wondering if they start to use GN[T] Drives,poor Regene i liked him/her and i liked how Patrick will pull a Mwu on Kati because even after his numerous miserable failures he still didnt give up,also like i sad in another forum:This is starting to feel like a huge Tomino style end(thats not bad but you dont see it everyday)

EDIT: Spoilers shrunk. Not everyone wants to read that crap, man.

~ShadowCell
pd771

Hatter wrote:I am a little late but the hell,looking at the summaries my jaw droped, 0 Gundam is back?WTF?!I am wondering if they start to use GN[T] Drives,poor Regene i liked him/her and i liked how Patrick will pull a Mwu on Kati because even after his numerous miserable failures he still didnt give up,also like i sad in another forum:This is starting to feel like a huge Tomino style end(thats not bad but you dont see it everyday)
You should probably mark the spoilers...

Anyways, a lot of these are rumors, and a number of the rumors that came out during the end of S1 were false or half-truths, so I wouldn't assume they are all correct.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs
azrael

Episodes 23-25 descriptions from this month's magazines. More due later.
http://ninteenpointzerofour.wordpress.c ... -incoming/
Marcis

Guys we can always hope for a movie to wrap up/add dangling plotlines.
Seems to be a trend these days...
Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Macross Frontier ...
Applying for job at Anaheim
Vent Noir

Okay, I don't think it will be a "kill 'em all" ending, but I'm definitely getting paranoid about a "kill everyone I like" (i.e. Soma, Lockon, Kati, Patrick - plus Sergei, who's already dead) one.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
RedBlitz

Lockon wont die... they had the perfect chance to kill him this season with the whole Anew = Innovator drama, but they didnt. If they do it now, it's just going to be plain stupid, his death by the hands of Anew would of had much meaning.

Also Lockon has already died before, to kill Lockon 2.0 who is basically the same person with a few personality changes here and there would be kinda meh...
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
Genocide

Marcis wrote:Macross Frontier ...
Except in Frontier's case, the movie's stated to be a recap (ala DYRL? style retelling).
Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Casval Rem Daikun wrote:Still, nothing I've seen in the show so far suggests to me that Veda has unlimited range
I have to disagree. The show has always made a point of showing just how omnipotent Veda is.
To assume it has an infinite range is a little bit of a stretch though. Really long perhaps, and definitely long enough, but I wouldn't say 'unlimited'.
Destiny_Gundam

Genocide wrote:To assume it has an infinite range is a little bit of a stretch though. Really long perhaps, and definitely long enough, but I wouldn't say 'unlimited'.
At the very least I'm sure it could cover the Earth Sphere. Being on the Moon is a prime location. Also, never once have they ever gone "We're out of range from Veda!" or "Be careful, we're almost out of Veda's range." The Gundams were always connected to Veda no matter where they were. There could be relay stations or something too. So I definitely don't think Ribbons has to worry about people's locations.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

On the "why doesn't Ribbons just take over CB with Veda" thing, I think we might be reading a little too much into the wrong part of this. Rather than CB being out of Veda's range (which I agree with Destiny in that it's unlikely) or the problem being on Veda's end at all, maybe the "problem" is on CB's end; they can't be easily reconnected to Veda. Every part of every crucial part of every ship is always guarded by programming blocks and safeguards, it wouldn't make much sense if somebody on the ship could just flip a switch and reconnect them to Veda after the effort they made to operate seperately from it.

Another possibility is that maybe the Ptolemy isn't as heavily connected to Veda as the Gundams were; back in season 1 when Ribbons and Alejandro flipped the switch, so to speak, on the Gundams during the GN-Xs' attack, the Ptolemy was perfectly fine and unnaffected. I would think that if they could, Ribbons would have just crippled CB entirely instead of leaving their ship perfectly fine while turning off their Gundams. The plan was to have them be wiped out right then and there, after all.

A third possibility (these three could all overlap, really) is that the Ptolemy II and the new Gundams were constructed to not be linked with Veda; CB knows that Veda is in the hands of the enemy, so it would make sense that they just cut off all possibility of their equipment being Veda-controlled entirely.

Somewhat on this subject (more on a loosely related note, I can't remember if anybody has ever touched on this before, and I suppose it is a bit late in the game to ask this lol), whatever happened to all the CB overseers? All the ones that Alejandro was talking with all the way back in S1 episode 17 and who all agreed to accept the Thrones into the fold? Wouldn't they have gone "What the heck is going on???" way back when everything started going FUBAR with A-LAWS? I suppose they could've been just bribed or something off-screen, although that seems a little cheap-ish to me. (well, it's not exactly like they were big characters or anything in the first place I guess *shrug*)
RedBlitz

Shinji103 wrote:Somewhat on this subject (more on a loosely related note, I can't remember if anybody has ever touched on this before, and I suppose it is a bit late in the game to ask this lol), whatever happened to all the CB overseers? All the ones that Alejandro was talking with all the way back in S1 episode 17 and who all agreed to accept the Thrones into the fold? Wouldn't they have gone "What the heck is going on???" way back when everything started going FUBAR with A-LAWS? I suppose they could've been just bribed or something off-screen, although that seems a little cheap-ish to me. (well, it's not exactly like they were big characters or anything in the first place I guess *shrug*)
You remember what happened to Alejandro? Although he was pawn, he was pretty a useful one. Yeah, now imagine what happened to those useless old geezers.... I think you have your anwser. :twisted:

My other guess would Ribbons giving them to choice to either obey him (Like Wang did, maybe she wasent an observer like those old guys, but she was a pretty dam important agent.) or Die. My guess is that they would go with live and serve. For all we know they might be the ones financing A-LAWS the most after the Halevy familly.
Sume Gai

or more likely they are like the rest of the world, in the dark thinking Peace had arrived. They probably think CB accomplished their mission and the observers aren't needed anymore.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Casval Rem Daikun

Destiny_Gundam wrote:The Gundams were always connected to Veda no matter where they were. There could be relay stations or something too. So I definitely don't think Ribbons has to worry about people's locations.
The Gundams were, yes, but they have GN drives and thus enough particles to more easily facilitate Veda's methods of communication with them.

But evil Haro almost certainly doesn't have one, and none of the humans or Innovators save for maybe Setsuna right now would have enough built up particles for long range communication. The Ptolemy & P2 both have particle storage capacity which could possibly get around that, but whenever you see someone or something being controlled there's an Innovator nearby.

When they're just using someone as a camera, the haven't shown another Innovator, just Ribbons.

That's why I think there's a range limit, even if it's only limiting full control.

As for the Observers, they're either dead or being duped by Ribbons and his wacky Veda hacking. They seemed a little tacked on in S1 anyway - just something to give some scale to CB that was better portrayed in S2 by the scores of technicians working for them.
quasadra

you guys are talking like Veda is some sort of world computer. whoever have Veda automaticlly rule the world...
Gadget

Veda manipulate information. And who controls information can control the world. We saw this during the African Tower incident. And Ribbons may (I doubt it) rule the world from behind the since.
RedBlitz

quasadra wrote:you guys are talking like Veda is some sort of world computer. whoever have Veda automaticlly rule the world...
Euh.... Ribbons does have Veda.... and he is ruling the world. 00bama is leading the Federation but just like Alejandro, he's being used by Ribbons.