The Offical Gundam 00 Season 2 Thread Mk V

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
pd771

azrael wrote:Episode summaries for Episode 23 & 24.

http://ninteenpointzerofour.wordpress.c ... own-mk-ii/
Sounds like some former employee is bitter...
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs
Chris
Administrator

demon saint wrote:i dunno it just seems like this series is ending too quickly im sure its not goint to be as rushed and pointless an ending as GSD but i cant help but want another season or at least another 5 episodes to have everything play out properly and add a few more twists and key deaths
As I've said before, instead of people panicking about how fast things are going and how many episodes longer they think the show needs to be, let's actually watch the last four episodes to see what the series does before jumping to conclusions.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
SNT1

Well you see, they've been offing characters with (IMO) uninteresting storylines one-by-one lately, which is good, so they can trim the excess fat and have air time for the important plot lines (natural innovator, VEDA retaking, Regene) at the finale. I mean, better late than never, I guess, or else it'd be a trainwreck (ZOMG hater)
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Destiny_Gundam

I just hope they don't get too trigger happy. I'd hate to see them blow up the Ptolemy or something just so they can 'trim the fat'. I don't want a blood bath simply because the creators couldn't think of another way to end a character's story arc.

At any rate, there's not much use in telling people to calm down. With the series coming to an end, mass panic is going to ensue. They're not necessarily dreading the ending because they think it'll be bad. They're dreading it because it's ending, period.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Mark064

All I'm hearing is the same thing as Macross F with a million plot events and in such a short time they'd never be able to deal with all the plot events. The idea of them connecting never seems possible to anyone.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Yeah, I don't really believe too much of the latter rumors either. Just the Louise dies in 23 part alone sounds fishy. We just had the lover's death drama plot only 2 episodes ago; it'd really feel stupid and cheap if they really recycle the same drama plot less than a month later.

To top it off, Feldt gives Setsuna a flower? Huh? Is this supposed to be a sign of a relationship? A relationship that has had, like ZERO buildup and would literally and completely be out of their @$$?

So yeah, I don't put much credit into the add-on spoiler parts either, lol. And I'm not even going to say anything on the last two "spoiler" lines. >.>

Although Kati, and thus Patrick, cooperating with Katharon I can see. The simple fact that she's gone AWOL on A-LAWS after the tower falling hints at this pretty strongly.
Last edited by Shinji103 on Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Furious Rodimus

Mark064 wrote:All I'm hearing is the same thing as Macross F with a million plot events and in such a short time they'd never be able to deal with all the plot events. The idea of them connecting never seems possible to anyone.
This is true, but that being said I like the feeling that we've crested the hill and are now plummeting downhill at a bajillion miles an hour, which is a good feeling for this show. The pacing of 00 is exhilirating, especially since the ending is impossible to predict, and now we get to buckle up and see how its going to go down.
It's the stronger who create the weaker!

I am the (Color) (Object/Natural Element), Ace of (Organization) Fear Me!
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Wouldn't the final battle of the fate of the world, be at a breakneck pace in realty. So it would make sense that it would in the 00 world.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
SNT1

Destiny_Gundam wrote:I just hope they don't get too trigger happy. I'd hate to see them blow up the Ptolemy or something just so they can 'trim the fat'. I don't want a blood bath simply because the creators couldn't think of another way to end a character's story arc.
I'd hate to see more unnecessary deaths, too, like Chris and creepy Lichty's death, for example. So, like offing the Vashti's example just so the series could pull a Tomino wouldn't be good in my opinion.

But still, Healing and Revive, for example, they've stuck along for far too long.

Louise though, I'd like to see how they'd deal with that. She seems to have gone way down the deep end.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
hotlimit

I'd just like to throw out there that at the same time 00 is ending, so is Battlestar Galactica and the L Word. In terms of pacing, out of the three 00 has the best chance to give a decent ending, so I'm going to cut it some slack.

That having been said, let the bodies hit the floor (in all three series that is)!
azrael

Destiny_Gundam wrote:I just hope they don't get too trigger happy. I'd hate to see them blow up the Ptolemy or something just so they can 'trim the fat'. I don't want a blood bath simply because the creators couldn't think of another way to end a character's story arc.

At any rate, there's not much use in telling people to calm down. With the series coming to an end, mass panic is going to ensue. They're not necessarily dreading the ending because they think it'll be bad. They're dreading it because it's ending, period.
I think it would be silly to blow Ptolemy up...again. Or have Grah...Mr. Bushido show up at the last 5 minutes screaming "It's love. It's hate. It's DESTINY!!!!". Or have multiple "endings" of facing one big villian, then another villain then cut to the epilogue. If they could finish with just 1 villain, then cut to the epilogue, then I'll be happy.
RedBlitz

pd771 wrote:

Sounds like some former employee is bitter...
Meh this kinda reminds of those Code Geass spoilers where half of them turned out to be wrong. Lelouch lives.... yup... lol

If Louise does dies (God I hope not, out everyone in the series her and saji should have a happy ending) I doubt it's going to be in episodes 23, that would just be wasted potential for a final climactic battle in episode 25. Cause if Louside dies in 23 then you have a useless Saji for 2 episodes who only gets over it by the end of the epilogue.

As for Setsuna and Feldt, I know it's kinda weird to have her in the opening even if she doesnt do much. It kinda hints that she is going to have someking of an important role, but I doubt episode 23 is the right time to introduce a romance. I mean they had all season and their going to do it now?? Bad writting if that's the case.
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
Recon 5

Thing is, I think it takes away some of the dramatic impact if we can go into the final saying "X will die" and "Y will live". Having everyone's fate uncertain makes it more exciting. I think that the "Setsuna is not the main character" part may indicate that he is about to die, so the spoiler man thought "Well, if they're killing him he can't be that significant".

I say wait and see the actual episodes before passing judgment.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Kavik Ryx

Recon 5 wrote:Thing is, I think it takes away some of the dramatic impact if we can go into the final saying "X will die" and "Y will live". Having everyone's fate uncertain makes it more exciting. I think that the "Setsuna is not the main character" part may indicate that he is about to die, so the spoiler man thought "Well, if they're killing him he can't be that significant".

I say wait and see the actual episodes before passing judgment.
Well in essence, Gundam 00 has never really had a main character. It has had characters most central to the plot, but it has always been the plot that has been the focal point. There is a reason 00 works so well with the Baccano opening.
J-Lead

SNT1 wrote:Well you see, they've been offing characters with (IMO) uninteresting storylines one-by-one lately, which is good, so they can trim the excess fat and have air time for the important plot lines
In a pure ironic twist to your analogy, Captain Fatass has not yet bitten the dust.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
JQuilty

Sume Gai wrote: Of course this leads to several questions likewhy doesn't he take over Teiria or why not have the Ptolemy Haros take CB apart from the inside.
If I had to make a wild guess, he can't because he and Tieria are original Innovators. He claims he created Regene, so it's possible that those two were the only innovators that were supposed to be made. Just speculation of course, but it would make sense.
Casval Rem Daikun

I think Ribbons actually needs another Innovator (or modified human like Louise) nearby in order to remotely control someone from a distance, acting as a relay of sorts.

In the instances he's done it, another Innovator was always nearby.

With Anew, Hilling and Revive are nearby, as is Louise.
With Evil Haro, which he could have modified decades earlier, Regene and Louise were nearby.

I think in those instances where someone's eyes went rainbow on them but they weren't under remote control, Ribbons was too far away to do anything but use their eyes. This appears to happen with Louise and later Anew, as we don't see any onscreen evidence that another Innovator was in the area.
Destiny_Gundam

Ribbons uses Veda to link with others and control them. Tieria and the Ptolemy's stock of Haros have been cut off from Veda.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Meteoid

I thought he was using Veda to do it, which Celestial Being is actively blocking.

Edit: Blast those pesky Ninjas!
Aegis

Indicible wrote:Or it's simply Ribbons can only control what cannot defend itself against such intrusions. Anew did not know she was an Innovator, that information had been locked inside her mind, so she couldn't defend herself against such intrusions: she did not know they could happen.
Don't know about that after seeing the episode itself. Anew looked very much aware and in control of herself, especially given how deliberate she planned things out for both her and Revive's escape. Now, as far as I can see, she was a far better actor than she looked who just so happens to have the hots for Lyle.