The Offical Gundam 00 Season 2 Thread Mk V

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Phoenix

This is a Gundam Forums so I dare ask the geekiest thing...

Have you ever played a real time strategy game like Starcraft?

I invest time and brain power to produce my minions and am equally surprised when my forces are ripped through. But make no mistake, it doesn't phase me emotionally one bit, and I am just going to end up making more...

That's how I feel Ribbons feels about his minions...
ShadowCell

Ribbons doesn't appear to have that option. It doesn't look like Innovators are quickly produced, or else a) he'd have a lot more new Innovators like Louise running around, and b) he'd have replaced Bring and Divine by now, and he could also just kill Regene for getting a little too uppity.

I would suspect that's also why it's only the Innovator-built mobile suits that have escape pods.
NovaGundam5683
Location: in a place where I can say that I'm alright and I'm stayin there with you.

ShadowCell wrote:Ribbons doesn't appear to have that option. It doesn't look like Innovators are quickly produced, or else a) he'd have a lot more new Innovators like Louise running around, and b) he'd have replaced Bring and Divine by now, and he could also just kill Regene for getting a little too uppity.
That's what I was thinking. It may be too time consuming for Ribbons to just create more Innovators. And if what the others are saying about the Super Soldier Project being a forerunner of the Innovators is true then you have to consider the costs to make them and the time it takes to train them, etc.

On the other hand, based on a phrase at the ep.21 trailer Setsuna may be turning into an Innovator. I think that's another reason why Ribbons wants 00, or at least the the technology backing it. From what I can discern green GN particles in high concentrations can turn a human into an Innovator. Of course I'm just speculating. Put me back in my place if I'm wrong about this.
"TAAAAAAIIISSAAAAANN!" -Patrick Corlasawar
latenlazy

I get the feeling that innovator pairs have special bonds to their others. Divine seemed to feel it was his personal duty to avenge Bring (but it might've just been convenient since the Empress was intercepting the 00 Raiser that time). Regene went out of his way to cause mischief with Tieria, and seems to be exhibiting a bit of the same independent streak Tieria exhibits. Finally, I at least got the impression that Revive was commenting on how troublesome Anew's feelings were mainly because he sympathized somewhat with her (not surprising since they can sync their mind).
RedBlitz

Kefkaownall wrote:
Gadget wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote: I'd imagine H/Al would be B level.
What makes you say that :?:

H/Al seems more freeky when he is near a source of the Q Brainwave.
Prototype supersoldiers seem to have better links with their otherself so they can work in sync and fight. H/Al showed us in the last eps of S1.
Well the thing is... they were never supposed to have an other self, it's been said quite a few times that Al and Hal are a failed experiment. But when they combine Al's thoughts and Hal's battle skills they become what they were supposed to be had the experiment worked, the perfect super soldier.
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
Marcis

What exactly coordin... ahem Innovator is?
In earlier episodes Regina mentioned that she shares the same DNA type with Tieria, so i assume Innovator is not a cyborg/android. DNA=flesh&blood.
Innovators have those rainbow "Veda eyes" that we know to link with Veda and presumably each other.
They have better reflexes/thinking than average human, they can (unconfirmed) survive in space without suits. They age a lot slower than humans if at all.
Anything else?
And how does one turns into Innovator? Setsuna has GN particle overdoses during 00Riser Trans-AM, Louise has been "processed" by Ribbons. Thus - could Saji be next since he is also getting quite a lot of GN particles?
Applying for job at Anaheim
Aegis

Antares wrote: Sorry, the snipping in itself wasn't intentionally to leave out anything in particular, your point about a less violent vent was noted, but my point was that it wasn't used. If Setsuna is willing to submit himself for being beaten up for saving Lyle's life, then that's Setsuna's personal choice. Just like it was the personal choice of everyone else in the room to allow Lyle to bash Setsuna. And my second point was that we don't know if this helped Lyle any yet, but rather he was allowed to indulge because he "had to". Personally I expect he will be seething for revenge in the next ep, repeating Anew's name a few times, which pretty much makes beating up a friend earlier to let out steam a moot point.
Regardless, however, other than the fact that we don't get to see how Lyle and Anew hook up at all, I'm still trying to figure out what part of that whole episode supposedly doesn't make sense. I can understand that the four month timeskip still made seeing Anew and Lyle in a bed together kind of sudden despite the fact that previous episodes already hinted at a possible romance blossoming, but whether he was right or wrong in doing what he did, I don't see a problem at all with the way the whole conflict there was presented, nor do I see a problem with Lyle getting so violent as far as plot goes.

It was a very nice touch for Setsuna to actually tell Lyle not to act so tough; if it were any other show, you'd be hearing the old 'I know you love her but you must kill her yadda yadda yadda' line. Setsuna may not have the people skills, but it does show that he understands turmoil.
Phoenix wrote:I invest time and brain power to produce my minions and am equally surprised when my forces are ripped through. But make no mistake, it doesn't phase me emotionally one bit, and I am just going to end up making more...

That's how I feel Ribbons feels about his minions...
I don't quite get that feeling with Ribbons, though. As mentioned before, it's likely time consuming to create Innovators in the first place, and given how few of them there are, I also agree that he can't afford to lose any one of them. Granted, he did have that whole 'rule the world' mentality going on, but I while I don't think he is emotionally attached to any of his minions, I also don't think he would use them as sacrificial pieces like you would a marine or a zergling. :P
OpMegs

Having finally seen Ribbons' stated reasons for being Louise's patron, and the name of her mobile armor, I find myself getting some seriously creepy vibes.

Regnant, for instance, indicates "power, authority, etc.", but the first option that came up on my search was a term called "Queen regnant".

A queen regnant is supposedly the antithesis to a queen consort: a female monarch by marriage that still exercises the powers of a head of state.

Ribbons has noted he wishes Louise to lead humanity as the first human Innovator. This would make Louise thematically the "female monarch".

From there, it depends on how you interpret it.

If Ribbons sees himself as the ruler of all, it's possible he sees in Louise an easily manipulated "equal" to be a puppet representative of humanity in the world to come. However, the more Ribbons talks, the more and more often I see his "A God Am I?" complex shining through. He thinks himself above humanity, and even above the other Innovators.

From there, you can place Louise in the "female monarch" position, being Ribbons' chosen ruler of humanity. From there, if you consider the old concept of "divine right of kings" wherein monarchs were considered to have been chosen by God to rule over their people for their own good, then Louise becoming queen of the world at Ribbons' manipulation would effectively make him...well....God. Which would fit in with his overblown opinion of himself.
SNT1 wrote:"Doubt" shouldn't ever be mentioned when describing 00-Raiser (or its armaments)
RedBlitz

Ok that sounds all nice royalish but I think your seeying a bit too far with this. Ribbons is going to marry Louise (or make her his queen) like i'm going to marry a dog, in other words it wont happen. Because that's probaly how he see's most of mankind, simple animals who are beneath him. So I highly doubt he's going to want to be seen with a mostly failed Innovator/Human hybrid, he's just going to kill her when all of this is over.

As for ruling like a God? I think he's going to rule more like a crazy dictator who rules by fear, but to each his own. :lol:
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
quasadra

he dont have to marry Louise, he will become the man behind the girl.
Exia

quasadra wrote:he dont have to marry Louise, he will become the man behind the girl.
Isn't Ribbons already the man behind the president of the Fedration? So what does he need Louise for? She is one of the main financial backer of the A-LAWS but that's it. Or perhaps she is a showcase of how humans will be when Ribbons ideas have been realized.
Destroy... I'll just destroy you. I'll annihilate you! I'll exterminate you!
Dean_the_Young

Exia wrote:
quasadra wrote:he dont have to marry Louise, he will become the man behind the girl.
Isn't Ribbons already the man behind the president of the Fedration? So what does he need Louise for? She is one of the main financial backer of the A-LAWS but that's it. Or perhaps she is a showcase of how humans will be when Ribbons ideas have been realized.
'The Upcoming Dialogue', apparently, which has been foreshadowed here and there by the highest levels of the Federation/A-LAWS. It's been rather apparent that the Federation isn't enough for Ribbons, hence the creation of A-LAWS, the crackdowns on the weak Katharon, the takeover of the Federation military. The Federation is/has been the tool to make the world into his liking, a means to an end, not the end itself.

OpMegs, thanks for your analysis of an interesting point. I'm pleased to say it matches my own musings/predictions, as well as gives support to some otherwise baseless ideas for future drabbles. Queen Halevy indeed. :P
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
Sulendil Zeta

Speaking of dialogs, what dialogs are the Innovators imply? And which sides are involved? Innovator and human? And even more outlandish, human (represented by Innnovators) and some aliens from outer space? :p
Onox

OpMegs wrote:If Ribbons sees himself as the ruler of all, it's possible he sees in Louise an easily manipulated "equal" to be a puppet representative of humanity in the world to come. However, the more Ribbons talks, the more and more often I see his "A God Am I?" complex shining through. He thinks himself above humanity, and even above the other Innovators.
Well, Ribbons said he created the innovators like Regene - this could be an explanation for his complex.
"I continue to FIGHT!"
Hatter

Aparently Fucking Ribbons cant control anyone when they are near 00 Raizer particles,so that makes me wonder:does that mean he built his innovators around GN [T] drive particles and didnt count on true particles to be around?
Gadget

I think high saturation of GN particles was a unknown factor to everyone. Everyone was only concern with the power of the Gundam with higher GN output. And the whole nude trip, hearing songs, and Ribbons jamming abilities was an unexpected side effect. Ribbons does not have the TDS.

Not sure if GN (T) could duplicate the effects. Have to wait for Billy to come out with the system and fit it in Mr Bushido's mobile suit. Anyone game to see Mr Bushido nude? Burrrrr!

Got see more of the shield bits in offensive modes. So if Cherudim faces the Throne Drie, it would Orange Haro vs Purple Haro. So could the shield bits pull a pyrimide barrier like nu-Gundam or the Akatsuki?
pd771

Gadget wrote:Got see more of the shield bits in offensive modes. So if Cherudim faces the Throne Drie, it would Orange Haro vs Purple Haro. So could the shield bits pull a pyrimide barrier like nu-Gundam or the Akatsuki?
There is no evidence to support that as occurring, and I doubt it'd be a huge advantage with GN fields.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs
Dean_the_Young

pd771 wrote:
Gadget wrote:Got see more of the shield bits in offensive modes. So if Cherudim faces the Throne Drie, it would Orange Haro vs Purple Haro. So could the shield bits pull a pyrimide barrier like nu-Gundam or the Akatsuki?
There is no evidence to support that as occurring, and I doubt it'd be a huge advantage with GN fields.
Why would they? The shield bits, er, already form a shield.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
Kenji

OpMegs wrote:[of queens and gods]
In my opinion, this is yet another instance of Mizushima (though this one may be unintentional) putting a new spin to the post-OYW UC tradition of the Ruling Queen.

It also reminds me of Paptimus Scirocco's apparent desire to install a queen that he could control over the Earth Sphere (which may or may not foreshadow the Gatie Party's installment of Queen Maria onto the Side 2 throne). Of course, that's really the only similarity that Ribbons and Scirocco share.

In other shout-out news, I thought it was clever to have Toru Furuya echo Char's condescendingly paternal "ii ko da" ("Good girl") when his conversation with Louise was finished. :P It all goes full circle, somehow...
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
ShadowCell

Kenji wrote:It also reminds me of Paptimus Scirocco's apparent desire to install a queen that he could control over the Earth Sphere (which may or may not foreshadow the Gatie Party's installment of Queen Maria onto the Side 2 throne). Of course, that's really the only similarity that Ribbons and Scirocco share.
Balderdash!

They're also both obscenely pretty.

=P