The Offical Gundam 00 Season 2 Thread Mk V

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Gadget

Post by Gadget » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:32 pm

Dean_the_Young wrote: As for Louise, I think she is a case of Ribbons giving an OK for innovator upgrade. No proof, just speculation.
Well, it is very strong speculation. These are some of the odd things that happens to Louise.

She got into A-Laws. I always assume the A-Laws were for the top guns pilots of the Fed (Beside top @$$ licking officers). She not top gun stuff, base on her first sortie.

She get Somma personal suit. Determination to take down CB is not a reason a junior pilot get the ace's customize suit.

Mentally, no air/space force would accept her. Her psychiatric report would have failed her from most pressuring job. Basically, the A-Laws accept a 'nut case' to be one of their top guns.

She got invited to a party that only senior commanders could go.

All in all, the family wealth is not a good reason she got all these perks. She must be some pawn in Ribbons plans.

Dark Duel

Post by Dark Duel » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:06 am

Well, we KNOW that the only reason she was allowed to pilot the Ahead Smultron is because Ribbons made it so.
And while I'm speculating, it stands to reason that Ribbons could/would have made sure she was invited to that party.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS
// GUNPLA THREAD //

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."

SNT1

Post by SNT1 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:37 am

-We pick up from last week --- Lasse didn't die from the shot, Milenia is hostage, they're about to hijack 00 and 0 Raiser. For some reason, they just let revive walk out (need translation) with the 0-Raiser. Setsuna chases with 00 Gundam and Cherudim carrying it while Trans-AM. Haro beats the crap out of 0-Raiser inside (LOL) and forces a 00-Raiser combination. Revive shoots up the cockpit, so it's temporarily bunk. Anew escapes.

-Later, Cherudim, Seravee, Archer/Arios vs Gadessa, Garazzo, a new Empruss, and a new gadessa-type unit with Anew.

-Allelujah's Arios left arm gets sheared off, I absolutely hate Mizushima's continuous nerfing of Al.

-Cherudim vs new unit---Lyle beats her easily with Trans-AM. Awesome fight. Anew came back to her senses asfter losing, or so it would seem---Ribbons takes direct control of her and owns Cherudim while Lyle screams like a little Shinn Asuka. 00 Raiser finally comes back and killshots Anew. Cue naked moments thanks to GN overdose.

-Lyle ain't too happy with that, beats Setsuna up.

-A trans-AM cat can build a MG GM 2.0 model in mere seconds

Bodies pile up.

And while an exciting show in terms of battles, it was only ok overall.

And I won't play FPS with Setsuna. Total killstealer. I hope he enjoys his negative rep on LIVE.
Last edited by SNT1 on Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/

VentZX

Post by VentZX » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:41 am

without a shadow of a doubt, this episode had the single best battle of the SERIES. I'm talking S1 and S2. Absolutely amazing.

azrael

Post by azrael » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:41 am

Lyle.....poor Lyle. Guess this should teach you to get emotionally involved with someone. Thankfully Setsuna already knew why he was venting on him. So did everybody else in a pilot suit down there.

-Revive and Anew try to Gundam-jack 00 but fail.
-So they come back to take out a power-failed Plotmey.
-Emotional fight between Lockon and Anew only to be spoiled by Ribbons.
-Setsuna kills Anew.
-Lyle then vents on Setsuna. Setsuna just takes it like a man and pats him on the back as Lockon II cries.

-Wang and Hong Long are still alive and will be back next week, only to run into Nena...
-00 Raiser vs Masurao next week. Please show up before the last 5-minutes of the episode...PLEASE.

Symbolhime

Post by Symbolhime » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:43 am

NO.

ARGH.

WHY DID SHE DIIIEEEE
What are the different strengths and needs of the European market? "I'm not certain; maybe football games?"
- Yoshiki Okamoto

quasadra

Post by quasadra » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:52 am

regarding Anew, it is safe to say that most people saw it coming. me included. it was either her or lockon 2.

Red XIV

Post by Red XIV » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:29 am

quasadra wrote:regarding Anew, it is safe to say that most people saw it coming. me included. it was either her or lockon 2.
Honestly, I'd have prefered to have Lockon die instead of Anew, and Anew takes over as Cherudim's pilot, if for no other reason than to produce a Meister lineup that's not a visual copypasta of season 1.

Sure, there would be an obvious problem in that scenario, but lwe already know there are limits to Ribbons' ability to take over the other Innovators, or else he'd have seized control of Tieria long ago.
"I think most of us were lead astray via the Hazel family tree that hinted the TR-6 came from the Hazels...when in fact it's an amalgam of all TTT mecha...and a rabbit." - Deus EpS Machina

Poochi

Post by Poochi » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:48 am

Can someone please explain to me what Wang Lu Mei's role was in Celestial Being, the Trinity group in season 1 and the Innovators?

Was she an information source, strategist, etc? I still have no idea why each group keeps dealing with her and trusts her.

It appears that she's just some brat who wants to play a part in changing the world, for better or worse.

P.S. Tieria's fighting skills have really improved in season 2. He keeps pulling off all these awesome maneuvers now.
Code name Lockon Stratos. The man who can snipe from across the stratosphere.

Marcis

Post by Marcis » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:42 am

One unexplained thing still bugs me - why Ribbons can't control Tieria?
I know Seravee+Seraphim is not 00 Riser but still.
Also Tieria can leak more info than Anew.

He can't control him or he does not wants to?
Applying for job at Anaheim

Windknight

Post by Windknight » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:52 am

I don;t think he directly had control over the creation of tiera like the other innovators, so he wasn't able to install the 'command circuit' or whatever it was he used to fiddle with anew
Take flight, and strike from the heavens

Heecarl_Reez

Post by Heecarl_Reez » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:37 am

If Tieiria do accept Ribbons offer(to become innovator),maybe he can control him.This is only my guessing,but maybe veda-link is necessary for Ribbons to control the others,and we know Tieiria haven't accesed Veda for years..

T.V.

Post by T.V. » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:37 am

Though still, why did Ribbons control Anew only just now and not before?
Using her to get info on the TDS or steal the 00 Raiser could've been done earlier, I guess.
Perhaps Anew couldn't be controlled until Revive 'activated' her Innovator memories?

All in all it was a nice and tragic episode, even though it had a few eyebrow raising moments.
I actually liked the character moments better than most of the action, despite the excellent struggle of Cherubim vs. 'Ganew.'

ShadowCell

Post by ShadowCell » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:57 am

Poochi wrote:Can someone please explain to me what Wang Lu Mei's role was in Celestial Being, the Trinity group in season 1 and the Innovators?

Was she an information source, strategist, etc? I still have no idea why each group keeps dealing with her and trusts her.

It appears that she's just some brat who wants to play a part in changing the world, for better or worse.

P.S. Tieria's fighting skills have really improved in season 2. He keeps pulling off all these awesome maneuvers now.
She was an informant/agent in season 1, and has been sort of the same in season 2, except this time she's a lot less reliable.

Dean_the_Young

Post by Dean_the_Young » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:09 am

ShadowCell wrote:She was an informant/agent in season 1, and has been sort of the same in season 2, except this time she's a lot less reliable.
More specifically, she is the information agent of CB: she was the head (or at least a major leader) of CB's Intelligence Arm, and the only real liason for the Meisters.
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy

Indicible

Post by Indicible » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:15 am

Though still, why did Ribbons control Anew only just now and not before?
Because Revive was near enough to act as a relay station?
Plus, Anew was simply not armed against intrusions in her consciousness. She does not share Tieria's knowledge or combativity, which would make her, in classic fantasy style, an easy prey to mental manipulation. That does still make sense: if you do not know what you fight, you simply cannot fight.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame.

Kefkaownall

Post by Kefkaownall » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:28 am

Oh Christ. Lockon (screw it I'm calling him Lyle)'s balls kept falling in and out of his body.
Yeah I know that Setsuna killed his GF but he already lost so much already you'd think he'd become desensitized. Also I agree about Setsuna being a kill stealer.
Plus the Innovators should really have more than one Gundam type. Also why ) Riser instead of the GUNDAM.
Also sorry Saji but Louise is a zombie.
I really hope Lyle doesn't turn into Shinn. I hate that guy.
I do agree that this is becoming a kill em all series.
Hopefully doing a Zeta Gundam abridged and is also the god of the World of Ruin.

Windknight

Post by Windknight » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:08 pm

Kefkaownall wrote:Oh Christ. Lockon (screw it I'm calling him Lyle)'s balls kept falling in and out of his body.
Yeah I know that Setsuna killed his GF but he already lost so much already you'd think he'd become desensitized. Also I agree about Setsuna being a kill stealer.
Plus the Innovators should really have more than one Gundam type. Also why ) Riser instead of the GUNDAM.
Also sorry Saji but Louise is a zombie.
I really hope Lyle doesn't turn into Shinn. I hate that guy.
I do agree that this is becoming a kill em all series.
I'm geussing anew was meant to take the 00 once activated. Alternatively, the raiser has the mechanism to stabilize the twin drive system, and theoretically could be used to reverse engineer both the mechanism and the twin drive system, whereas 00 just gives them the option of the (buggy) twin drive system.
Take flight, and strike from the heavens

Thundermuffin

Post by Thundermuffin » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:36 pm

Well, that was bloody obviously going to happen. Oh, it was very beautifully done and as mentioned, a tremendous fight between Lyle and Anew, but the outcome was just too predictable.

I am happy Lasse didn't die. I just like the guy. Now he can live on to die from GN cancer or whatever.

And yeah, Al's role seems to be limited to flying around a battlefield aimlessly, shouting people's names and being electrocuted. I can only hope it's just a build-up for Hal to come back and do something totally awesome.

Were the Masurao's colors different in the preview? What's THAT about?

Also, this screenshot is hilarious.

EinhanderAstraeaMk.I

Post by EinhanderAstraeaMk.I » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:45 pm

Summary of S2 20 on Random Curiosity.

Man; I'm behind in keeping up. College isn't fun.
The source of my Gundam 00 information and ideas? Here.
My Innovator names: Eternal Eternity, Stupid Vexation, and Pilot Rival.