What's Your Current Manga?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mr. Hanekoma

The only manga I'm reading right now is Bleach, but like others have said before me, it has a tendency to draw things out. Kubo also likes to have about a dozen fights going on at once, and often switches between them when things are just getting interesting. The fights are also rather choppy in my opinion (for a manga). Sometimes its almost like there's an entire page of action missing.

If it weren't for the fact that the story is currently on a fight I've been waiting for for the past year and a half, I'd stop reading and just watch the anime. In fact, once the battle between Ulquirra and Ichigo is finished, I've decided to just drop the thing. Much better to watch the anime drag out fights for three weeks than to read the manga draw out fights for three years.
They're high on the watchtowers
Keeping the peace, whatever that means
'Cause you see the world through,
Crosshairs and T.V.s don't you?
Aegis

Just recently read and finished up Angel Densetsu whilst waiting for the next chapter of Claymore. Good to see how far along Yagi had come with his art.
Heecarl_Reez

Just Following Naruto,Eyeshield 21,and One Piece..Um..Mabe Linebarrel if I do have time...Well I kinda lost interest in reading manga for a while....
World's End Mecha

Aside from the usual big titles (Naruto, One Piece, etc.) I've really enjoyed reading "Gimmick!" It's a story published by Viz about a special affects guru who uses his talents to help people.

I will, however, warn people away from the recently released volume 5. It gives some background story about the main character, but it's also a propaganda piece stating that the U.S. government uses Hollywood to create a false identity. Not their best work this time.

But volumes 1-4 are better. I recommend them.
Destiny_Gundam

So I went with my mom to the book store today so she could pick up the rest of the Twilight books she needed. So while I was there I picked up the first two volumes of Vampire Knight for her to try. First I had to teach her how to read right to left, though. She found it interesting.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
lafiel

Just finished bitter virgin this morning, was really REALLY good, some of the scenes were powerful, and the music i was listening to while i was reading it, added a nice effect to the storyline.
I didn't really like the harem aspects of the book though, felt a bit to cliche, but they did add some decent tension to the storyline.
One thing i really liked was the ending, there was something about it that made it feel like a fairy-tale ending, but there was a part that made it so not like a fairy tale ending, kinda hard to describe.
World's End Mecha

Rebirth vol. 22 came out recently. After a very long wait, the new volume is triple-thick.
laj12387

20th Century boys
Eden - It's an Endless World
Gantz
Hellsing
MPD-Psycho
Pluto
Wild Adapter
Aegis

Against my better judgment, I ended up catching up with Tenjou Tenge... and found out that I wasn't as far behind as I thought. They're really building up on the epic fights and the whole immortality of Sohaku and all. Amazingly wordy, as usual.

Then I turn my attention to reading Hen. For all the crap and the accusations of being a hentai manga, there's really only one chapter where I actually cringed and can probably see why people would be offended. Everything else... I honestly can say that the stuff off of Gantz was worse.
Godaiger

Kamen Rider Spirits: Great manga
Who Digs Giant Robots?

I DO! :)
Bremics

I just "finished" Neon Genesis Evangelion (damn cliff hanger) and Char's Deleted Affair (V1-3).

Currently reading the big three, and trying to get my hands on the original Astray series as well as Astray R.
Pray she never meets Athrun.
Destiny_Gundam

So my university's book store is having this huge sale. They have a cart dedicated to manga for dirt cheap. They had a bunch of Full Metal Panic, Eureka 7, Boogiepop Phantom, and more.

I picked up the first 3 volumes of Blood Alone for $4 each, so now I have some loli vampires to keep me busy inbetween classes 8)
quasadra

not really "latest" anymore, but i have 11 vol of Ecole Du Ciel lying around my room. they are imported from Taiwan a month ago... still pack nicely in the parcel it arrive in.
speedstriker

Gundam 00 and Macross 7

As strange as I myself find it, you never seem to get tired by Fire Bombers' songs no matter how many times you listen to them. Maybe I just haven't been playing them enough, but I find myself loving them more and more as I to them over and over and over again...:P

Am I the only one? :?

EDIT: Wrong thread.... SORRY!!!
To the end of the GALAXY!!!!
Damn, why is this line so catchy?
Destiny_Gundam

So over the past couple of weeks, I've been slowly buying the volumes of Black Cat while at the mall waiting for a ride. I ended up buying 6 volumes today cuz it was going to be my last day there. So now I have volumes 1-12.

Black Cat is an old favourite of mine, and probably the 2nd best shonen manga I've ever read (#1 being D.Gray-man). I love Kentaro Yabuki's art, and it's one of the reasons I like To Love-Ru so much (the others being the charming characters and humour).

Anyways, I guess you could call Black Cat a landmark title for me. I found myself really liking Eve when I first read it, but at that point I was in denial and trying to make up excuses for it. One side was all "But she's only '11'..." and another side was all "But she's so mature and grown up." Yes, I truely believe this is my beginning as a lolicon. Eve put me on the fence, then Illya pushed me over.

It's kinda neat being able to trace the origins of certain quirks.
Aegis

A title I forgot to mention, albeit only read four chapters was Getter Robo Hien - The Earth Suicide, and Kashimashi ~ Girl Meets Girl. Also read Gundam Wing: Episode Zero, breezed through the Gundam Wing manga, and read most of 0079. Oh, and Read or Die.
artmaster079

Currently, i'm reading Kamen rider Spirits. It takes out a lot of the cheese from the original 70s and 80s Kamen Riders but manages to keep the spirit of the series. Classic Rider beatdowns throughout.
**Member of Mecha Talk since June 2006**

Vagabond
Beserk

not exactly stuff for the kiddies but full of awesomeness
Duo Himura

Re: What's Your Current Manga?

Reviving thread to say that I finished 20th Century Boys a while ago. I'm supporting the official releases as well, but I have to say, although I don't mind what they've done with the covers so far, it could get pretty awkward later on when the covers are really supposed to focus on one particular character... when half the cover is taken up by the title/logo (which I was kind of hoping they'd change to a different event that was from the particular volume, since that particular moment isn't what I would persistently attention to as the series progresses). Also the rendering of the grainy photographs in black and white again works for the moment, but eventually some of them are just sort of psychedelic backgrounds, I think, which would lose a lot in the transition.

Anyway, I've sorta moved on to Yokohama Kaidashi Kiko, which is... sort of 20cb's polar opposite, but excellent in its own right. I was a little off-put by the character designs at first--it was reminiscent of some 90s styles that I'm not so fond of, but I've gotten used to it (and maybe the art in general has mellowed somewhat, I'd have to go look at the first few chapters again to tell). It's... it's sort of like Mushi-shi atmosphere applied to a slice-of-life story (I realize that, if anything it's the other way around, but I saw Mushi-shi first). Just kind of serene and tranquil, but in a way that absolutely pulls you in. I have to say, it seems like a much harder story to write than one dealing with powerful drama, etc., so I'm trying to study it a bit as I go... It's like a lesson in how to tell a great story with few words and less plot.
So if red makes a mobile suit three times faster, what color do you have to paint it for it to be just a love machine?
Aegis

Re: What's Your Current Manga?

I kinda looked around, and ended up reading Tokyo Crazy Paradise along the way. Got hooked on that manga for a bit, especially watching Ryuji's antics towards Tsukasa. :P Also recently finished up Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Guren Gakuenhen along the way.