The Official Gundam 00 Season 2 Thread Type 3

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
aberrance

pew-pew-pew wrote:
T.V. wrote:From Fail System to Extra Hand, he got shortchanged.
fixed.

The system failed in its debut because of Ribbon's H4xmarck. Which raised questions about the OP for me in the early episodes. Is it foreshadowing the return of the Fail System? If so, then it could mean that at some point Tieria will redeem his Innovator side and take over Veda somehow should he ever discover its physical location. Nah, optimism fails in Gundam. It's probably just a coincidence that they used old S1 footage for the OP in S2 given that many of the CB folks who expired in S1 are getting stock footage recycling..
I thought you were joking around at first, but you said Fail System twice....you do know it's Trial System, right?

But I agree with Tieria somehow getting control of Veda back, even if only for a brief period of time. To be honest, I would not be surprised if Nadleeh is in Seravee for some random reason as well.
Genocide

aberrance wrote:I thought you were joking around at first, but you said Fail System twice....you do know it's Trial System, right?
Yes, he is joking. I don't know why you'd belittle his common sense by thinking otherwise. Also, I believe T.V. already stated that "Trail" is a persistent typo of his, so there's no point poking him for it every time.

Back on topic a bit, wasn't it stated that Seravee doesn't have a miniture MS inside of it? Backpack MS theories aside, I don't see much of a point in having the Trial system, since they're most likely not expecting any of the Gundam Meisters to jump ship at this point (and frankly, if one of them did, they'd be screwed over anyway).
Arsarcana

pew-pew-pew wrote:The system failed in its debut because of Ribbon's H4xmarck. Which raised questions about the OP for me in the early episodes. Is it foreshadowing the return of the Fail System?
Yes, and Neil!Lockon and Christina appear because it turns out that they're actually Innovators. Just like Cylons, their consciousness can be downloaded and transplanted into a new body upon death. The big reveal in a few episodes will be when both of them come back co-piloting a new machine using a True Drive and equipped with the Hyper Twin Buster Satellite Launcher and GN Fin Funnel Fangs. [/sarcasm] No, the reason for the first thirty seconds of the OP wasn't to recycle footage (note how it was all new), it was to provide a cliffnotes version of CB in the first saeason. A nice touch considering the whole six month gap between seasons and it gave us what will probably be our only other look at the 0 Gundam in action.
NastyNate

The show is difenitly getting hot. Every episode is full of excitment. I can't wait to see how things will end with saji and louise and I think the ex-a-law girl is going to have a bigger part later. I just don't trust her. :?
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
aberrance

Genocide wrote:
aberrance wrote:I thought you were joking around at first, but you said Fail System twice....you do know it's Trial System, right?
Yes, he is joking. I don't know why you'd belittle his common sense by thinking otherwise. Also, I believe T.V. already stated that "Trail" is a persistent typo of his, so there's no point poking him for it every time.

Back on topic a bit, wasn't it stated that Seravee doesn't have a miniture MS inside of it? Backpack MS theories aside, I don't see much of a point in having the Trial system, since they're most likely not expecting any of the Gundam Meisters to jump ship at this point (and frankly, if one of them did, they'd be screwed over anyway).
I wasn't belittling him. It was a legit question that I asked civilly and I apologize for any confusion. I have better things to do than start a fight on the internet. :wink:

Anyways, is there any documentation explicitly stating your claim? Not saying there definitely is or is not an MS inside it, but Seravee does seem pretty bland so far...
Genocide

aberrance wrote:I wasn't belittling him. It was a legit question that I asked civilly and I apologize for any confusion. I have better things to do than start a fight on the internet. :wink:
I didn't mean to come off aggressively, but it should have been common sense on your part to know he was joking by reading his post. Anyway, 'tis unimportant.
Anyways, is there any documentation explicitly stating your claim? Not saying there definitely is or is not an MS inside it, but Seravee does seem pretty bland so far...
I believe it's actually stated on the Gundam Wikia that Seravee doesn't have a mini-MS inside of it, although the source is debatable. Like I said though, there's not much point in having a Trial system at this point, especially with Veda out of the picture. In fact, if they did still have access to a similar system, then they should have been able to disable all the machines using GN Tau drives already.
Gundam Wiki wrote:Seravee is only comparable to Gundam Virtue, with Veda's unreliable complications, a Nadleeh sub unit wasn't part of it's design. However, it is confirmed that Seravee has an alternate form.
I'd assume alternate form is the rumoured backpack-MS, although again it's not exactly word from the horse's mouth.
Laevatein

The Gundam Wikia can't really be used as a first-hand citation of information, given the inherent accuracy problems of a wiki system. Heck, someone actually added an entry for Mr. Bushido's next unit, using that custom Ahead fanart a while back as a base.
jam!

Why isn't Ribbons sending Ali after Celestial Being instead of sending the Innovators? The Arche Gundam look as powerful or more so than the Gadessa and Garozzo (sp?) and is piloted by a monster!

Why risk the Innovators like this?
CarbonStereoxide
Location: Starting an explosive party at Azadistan with Setsuna

Kidou Senshi Gundam 00

"Celestial Being is the World's Finest Terrorist"- Tieria Erde

"Wanna Get High?"- Towelie

"I'll Dance in your Grave Tonight"-Hallelujah Haptism

"Mosque Closed, Party's Over!"- Lockon Stratos after shooting Ali-Al-Sarches
Neo_Senku

It's no surprise that he's hurt by the negative criticism, but apparently the negative hasn't stopped him and his team from putting out a quality product so he endures it well as anyone in his position has to learn to do.He had a lot of valid points though.
Ya know what, We're All Gundam. ^_^

The Magnificent Bastard is an awesome trope.
pew-pew-pew

aberrance wrote: I thought you were joking around at first, but you said Fail System twice....you do know it's Trial System, right?

But I agree with Tieria somehow getting control of Veda back, even if only for a brief period of time. To be honest, I would not be surprised if Nadleeh is in Seravee for some random reason as well.
=p

good old fashion American word play - always utilized to draw attention to a pun.
Arsarcana wrote:Yes, and Neil!Lockon and Christina appear because it turns out that they're actually Innovators. Just like Cylons, their consciousness can be downloaded and transplanted into a new body upon death. The big reveal in a few episodes will be when both of them come back co-piloting a new machine using a True Drive and equipped with the Hyper Twin Buster Satellite Launcher and GN Fin Funnel Fangs. [/sarcasm]
Now that was funny. That sounds like a creepy cross between Gundam X & random Funnel Hi-Mat Spam system.
I thought this was a joke until I clicked the link.

He made a valid point about folks commenting about things they nothing about which is common on the internet where everybody thinks they're an expert. I found it rather insightful that the creative staff is working on a leash although it would appear that the 00 staff has a lengthier leash. Personally, it took me a while to adjust to the new Gundam design & the Thrones where a revolution in their own Gundam design but overall I have been quite impressed. Having seen most of the Gundam series with the exception of a few (V-Gundam + G-Savior) it is safe to say that this show made an honest effort to depart from the typical Gundam. I am very curious now as to what this should could have been had their been no Gundam leash on the creative staff... this is starting to sound a lot like Geass R2 where the shift in time slot to air the show impacted the direction that the director wanted to go with the show as far as presentation or whatever.... teh internet iz evil.
Saji hops into the 0-Raiser, but he is no pilot. No, he's still what he's always been: a delivery boy. - D_G
Destiny_Gundam

Might wanna note that some of the stuff on that site may be NSFW.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
SNT1

He's hurt by anons on the internets? :lol:

Personally, I'd like to think that he needs to know better than take anonymous' kneejerk reactions seriously, but I think I need to echo this:
Mizushima wrote: I think the approach of not simply watching the show for enjoyment, but rather to criticize it from the very beginning is something that is especially noticeable on the Internet.
"QFT"

Because good Lord, it's rampant even in here (see Season 1 thread).
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
ZeonsSilverStar

Anonymous pseudonyms and bulletin doards well that sounds familiar. Most of those complaints aren't any valid so the best thing to do would be to dismiss them as BS. It's kinda funny I saw some people bashing the show in the comments on the interview.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
Casval Rem Daikun

jam! wrote:Why isn't Ribbons sending Ali after Celestial Being instead of sending the Innovators? The Arche Gundam look as powerful or more so than the Gadessa and Garozzo (sp?) and is piloted by a monster!

Why risk the Innovators like this?
For one, all the meisters really want to kill Ali right now, and collectively could probably do so with the 00 Riser +3 other Gundams, so it'd take out one of the two or so expected epic clashes people are basically expecting before the show ends, the other being Setsuna vs Graham, which it looks like will yet again be delayed until near the end, because Billy works too slowly.

Second, until this point, Ribbons honestly didn't see the Meisters as a serious threat to the innovators, and with good reason, since the Meisters had to that point, just been holding their own against the A-Laws, so faced with Innovators in suits more closely matched if not slightly ahead of the Gundams (non-trans-am) they should not have lasted long.

The OO Riser tosses all that out the window. If the rumors of teleportation vs cloaking pan out, then the innovators are pretty screwed if they engage the OO Riser before it goes TransAm. We also haven't seen what the Arios GN Archer combo can do in TransAm either.
Kavik Ryx

Well this did happen with Gurren Laggan as well, granted with that resulting in one of the founders quitting over the overt amounts of criticism. I find it strange how people devote so much time just to find something or someone to hate when it is undeserved. All I can say is that 00 doesn't suck because it doesn't seem like a Gundam series. Gurren Laggan doesn't suck because one episode looks different (I personally didn't even notice). Code Geass just doesn't suck in general. And Shoji Kawamori isn't trolling anyone.

No one like to receive criticism, especially when it has no even non existent grounds.
frezik

I'd assume the staff is primarily reading Japanese forums rather than English ones, and we saw big differences in the two fanbase reactions with Seed Destiny.

Tradition is very important in the Japanese mindset, and a show that latches on to the Gundam tradition the way Destiny did made it a masterpiece as far as that fanbase was concerned. Yet that same quality made it far less popular with the English fanbase. 00's way of twisting or ignoring Gundam traditions is likely to have the opposite effect.
Kavik Ryx

Which begs the question. How is anime to evolve as an artform if no one is willing (or has the the freedom) to innovate without worrying about constant drivel from pestilent fanboys, or I guess trolls?
Aegis

Really, how is anything going to change and evolve if no one is willing to innovate or think outside the box without some kind of worry? :P This isn't exactly a new issue, either, though it typically comes down to 'how much money will I get out of it'. :P Good thing is, there are people who are willing to push the envelope regardless of the bashing or whatnot they receive.
mOONwOKA

pew-pew-pew wrote: <...>it is safe to say that this show made an honest effort to depart from the typical Gundam.
Quite right, in their honest effort they:
1. did not include masked man with fake name and hidden agenda.
2. did not use BIG gun (like colony laser, Requiem etc.).
3. did not employ artificial/enhanced human (like newtypes, artificial newtypes, coordinators, ultimate coordinators etc.).
4. did not use "weak Federation/Titans/AEUG/Karaba" sides.
et cetera, et cetera...

And they also included "i am a Gundam" motto, because only changing name from Heero to Setsuna was not enough to create original character.

P.S. Oh, and one more thing, common to all Gundam series - cool MS design is for bad guys, uncool - for Gundams.
The day is gray, the night is black and white.