The Official Gundam 00 Season 2 Thread Unit 2

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Genocide

Compass wrote:Doesn't anyone remember Andrei licking his lips in a very creepy fashion not more than a few episodes ago? I am still convinced that he's out to get more than some moral uplifting...
This might sound like a bit of a silly comparison, but I think Andrei, Louise and Saji are very reminiscent of Gyunei, Quess and Hathaway, respectively. It's a pretty subtle comparison so I don't expect it to be applicable all the way through, but I do think it fits better than comparing Louise and Saji to Sarah and Katz.

Anyway, didn't Wang help build Memento Mori? If so, that slap was well deserved. Although then again, I suppose Ribbons deserves one his way as well.
jam!

I think it's interesting that the Gundam Meisters are not super-pilots. They're good but so are many other pilots out there.

Also, a model kit apparently ranks the Aheads against the 4th gen Gundams and puts the Aheads at 140 while the Gundams (except 00) are 150. It makes sense seeing how the animated battles go.
Considering that 3rd gen Gundams were listed at 100 IIRC then it means the Aheads are pretty impressive!
Destiny_Gundam

World's End Mecha wrote:For me, it's more about her selfishness. "If the world won't change, then it should be broken." That attitude dismisses all the people who would suffer in the process. Why would a young, smart businesswoman want to throw the world into chaos? So far, the only motivation seems to be selfishness, and I want to know if there's something deeper at play.
Well, arguably, the same could be said for everyone else. Celstial Being wants the world to change, the Innovators want the world to change, the A-LAWS wants the world to change, etc.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Casval Rem Daikun

Perhaps, but nearly everyone else has gotten their hands dirty in their efforts to bring that change about.

Also, she keeps claiming to want change no matter the cost, yet even she was taken aback by the first death ray attack.

Up until now, everyone around her has been in awe or fear of her, including her own brother who for whatever reason defers to her the way he does.

Now she's afraid of Ribbons; quite possibly the first person she's ever been afraid of.

Speaking of Kato... umm Hong Long, his absence the last couple of eps seems a little conspicuous, although I suppose he could just be waiting in the car. Don't know that I'd trust my sister's safety to Nena or Ribbons, particularly with Ali around.
Genocide

Casval Rem Daikun wrote:Speaking of Kato... umm Hong Long, his absence the last couple of eps seems a little conspicuous, although I suppose he could just be waiting in the car. Don't know that I'd trust my sister's safety to Nena or Ribbons, particularly with Ali around.
I vaguely recall in the first season that Hong Long had an off-screen conversation with Ribbons while Allejandro was meeting with Wang. Could be nothing, but it does seem a bit suspicious.
Last edited by Genocide on Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azrael

I think the conversation probably amounted to nothing. Wang can't really use Hong Long since he doesn't have quantum brainwaves like Nena. I'm guessing Nena is "listening in" on the Innovators' internal conversations.
Battosai28

Wow, in my opinion, this was the most well directed episode this season. Not only did we get an incredibly well choreographed battle, but also great momentum for the next one. Though it wasn't justified, that punch of Saji's was definitely important for his development. I am glad that he did not end up stealing the Rizer, just because that would have further strengthened the G-defencer/Katz similarities.
Like all good things, my 318 days in Japan have come to an end. Thank you everyone for such an awesome year!
Red XIV

World's End Mecha wrote:For me, it's more about her selfishness. "If the world won't change, then it should be broken." That attitude dismisses all the people who would suffer in the process. Why would a young, smart businesswoman want to throw the world into chaos? So far, the only motivation seems to be selfishness, and I want to know if there's something deeper at play.
The way I figure, it's just that she feels there's something deeply wrong with the world, and thus it needs to be changed even if extreme measures have to be taken.

That would presumably be why she joined Celestial Being in the first place. Her attitude doesn't really seem that different from, say, Setsuna's. It's just that Setsuna tries to remove the "distortion" of the world by personally killing the bad guys, while Wang operates behind the scenes.
"I think most of us were lead astray via the Hazel family tree that hinted the TR-6 came from the Hazels...when in fact it's an amalgam of all TTT mecha...and a rabbit." - Deus EpS Machina
hotlimit

Destiny_Gundam wrote: but hey, what's wrong with being a young, smart, confident, ambitious businesswoman?
Alexandro was much of the same (minus the woman part), and he was nothing short of blown to bits. I was pretty happy about that as well.
Destiny_Gundam

hotlimit wrote:Alexandro was much of the same (minus the woman part), and he was nothing short of blown to bits. I was pretty happy about that as well.
Well, Alejandro also had delusions of grandure and wanted to take over the world. Wang has shown no indication of wanting that.

I, too, was happy with Alejandro's end. Greatest mid-boss ever.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Thundermuffin

Battosai28 wrote:Wow, in my opinion, this was the most well directed episode this season. Not only did we get an incredibly well choreographed battle, but also great momentum for the next one.
I agree. The animation and camerawork were just amazing, not even just for the 00-Raiser, but the Innovator suits and Cheridum looked great moving around too.
OpMegs

Hmm...one thing I find interesting is that Andre's visibly holding his arm where Louise squeezed it near the end. That replacement hand must be a lot stronger than it looks.
SNT1 wrote:"Doubt" shouldn't ever be mentioned when describing 00-Raiser (or its armaments)
hellbore

OpMegs wrote:Hmm...one thing I find interesting is that Andre's visibly holding his arm where Louise squeezed it near the end. That replacement hand must be a lot stronger than it looks.
Well, it is mechanical. It would have much greater grip strength than your normal 20-something year old girl's hands.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
OpMegs

Theoretically. But you'd also want to have safety functions to prevent such things, such as, y'know, accidentally crushing some guy's hand in a handshake by accident.

Though it's entirely plausible that that's part of standard mechanical replacement hand training.
SNT1 wrote:"Doubt" shouldn't ever be mentioned when describing 00-Raiser (or its armaments)
latenlazy

OpMegs wrote:Theoretically. But you'd also want to have safety functions to prevent such things, such as, y'know, accidentally crushing some guy's hand in a handshake by accident.

Though it's entirely plausible that that's part of standard mechanical replacement hand training.
I would like to think that cybernetics has advanced far beyond that. It's probable that she has full nervous control of that hand, and in all likelihood only had to train minimally to familiarize herself with it.
azrael

latenlazy wrote:I would like to think that cybernetics has advanced far beyond that. It's probable that she has full nervous control of that hand, and in all likelihood only had to train minimally to familiarize herself with it.
Keep in mind that modern-day prosthetic equipment already uses nervous system and muscular system signals to control itself. You have people out there right now who can use their prosthetic hands just as we use our biological hand. So Louise's control of her arm doesn't seem that far out.
Chris
Administrator

OpMegs wrote:Theoretically. But you'd also want to have safety functions to prevent such things, such as, y'know, accidentally crushing some guy's hand in a handshake by accident.
I'm pretty sure that's the case, but the impression I got was that she was deliberately squeezing Andrei's arm to make a point because she didn't like what he was saying.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Thundermuffin

Know what a minor point that was brought up an episode or two ago that I haven't seen anyone comment on?

What's the issue with Lasse's health? There was that brief scene with Sumeragi and him where he pretty much said he was taking it a day at time or something in that context.

Maybe the explosion of the GN Arms messed him up more than just a badass scar on his face...
NovaGundam5683
Location: in a place where I can say that I'm alright and I'm stayin there with you.

I just finished going through this jungle of a topic. I came from (what I can recall anyway) three debates, two concerning King Arthur, the other the posibilty of a purple haired chick being an Innovator, and being cut by Occam's Razor. Some people here are all SEED mode. Just sit back and watch.

And with that said:

Assuming that Louisse can be redeemed, and I hope she does, I can't wait to see what'll happen when she finds out who pulled the trigger that killed her family. Louisse vs. Nena, who's up for that? I know I am! :D

*raises hand*

EDIT: oops, spelling!
Last edited by NovaGundam5683 on Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casval Rem Daikun

Well, he did get blown up a few years ago. I'd guess he's gone through much the same regeneration therapy that Ali went through, and is probably still in recovery.

He hasn't taken his shirt off all season, and you don't really see him running about. Wouldn't be surprised if he's still breaking in some new parts under there.