The Official Gundam 00 Season 2 Thread Unit 2

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Chris
Administrator

Guys, if you're posting a mecha-specific thing and even go so far as to say it should probably be in the mecha topic, PUT IT IN THE MECHA TOPIC. You all know better that this thread is not the place to be getting into this stuff.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Aegis

Thundermuffin wrote:Hey and 00 finally used one of its sorta redundant beam sabers...
Yes he did, to keep Louise at bay. Interesting, but not surprising, to see Nena alive and the most she got was a mark on her cheek. :P Right now, I'm just itching to see just what else the 00 Raizer can do beyond 'rings of light' and naked newtype phenomenon. :P At the very least, it's already a faster unit without the Trans Am. After that, what else will A Laws and the Innovators throw at CB? :P
RedBlitz

Great episode... I sense a 00-Raiser beatdown early next episode, it's going to hurt!!!

And after this episode I think it's pretty much confirmed that Anew is the missing Innovator twin. The only question now is... is she really with the Innovators, or was Revive tapping into her mind done without her consent?? I'm hoping for the later, I'd like for at least one of those android thingies to not be so dam evil and good looking at the sametime! lol Oh and Tiera doesnt count.

Saji and Louise, at last the 2 of them know of each other’s existence. I foresee a lot of crying, anger and hate for next episode. Your boyfriend is now a member of the organization that killed your entire family??? Ouch... The sweet, cute and gentle girl you knew that was so full of life joins an organization that massacres people just because they don’t agree with their way of thinking… Another big ouch.

Also lol at Saji in his first MS experience, he was holding on for dear life while Setsuna was in his "We are Gundam" mode. Like expected he's not really a good but pilot managed to do an ok job thanks to Char-O euh.... I mean Haro's assitance.
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
Deus257

Fantastic episode,

Now I have a crazy theory I want to present, so crazy infact it may not even be possible. Ok here it is, I think something may happen down the road between Lyle and Anew. Im not basing it on that one little conversation they had, here is my reason, in the ED there is a part where lyle is facing a figure shrouded by a curtain who has a hand on his face and another on his gun. Now I know the popular belief is, it was feldt, but I say, why would lyle point a gun at feldt. Since Anew is an innovator in secret, there is a good reason for lyle to point a gun at her. So maybe Anew is the woman behind the curtain. Its possible, Lyle isn't his brother so he may make passes at her, I don't know I guess it could be an insane theory.
SNT1

Setsuna gets a bruise in the preview. Probably Saji's doing.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Kavik Ryx

SNT1 wrote:Setsuna gets a bruise in the preview. Probably Saji's doing.
Just because Saji has done a lot of stupid things in the past, doesn't mean everything bad is his doing.

This is just odd and baseless speculation, but I see one of the Meisters dying real soon, likely Lyle. At the very least something is going down soon and I wouldn't be surprised if CB loses this next battle in some way shape or form.
SNT1

Just because Saji has done a lot of stupid things in the past, doesn't mean everything bad is his doing.
And just because I think he's a dweeb doesn't mean everything else he does is bad/not justified.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Destiny_Gundam

Kavik Ryx wrote:At the very least something is going down soon
Of course. We're nearing episode 13. Something big always happens mid season. Season 1 had the Thrones' introduction.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Arsarcana

Kavik Ryx wrote:This is just odd and baseless speculation, but I see one of the Meisters dying real soon, likely Lyle. At the very least something is going down soon and I wouldn't be surprised if CB loses this next battle in some way shape or form.
I can accept the idea of the 00 Riser overloading or something like that at a crucial moment, which would just be an extension of the earlier issues with the Twin Drive system. I have a harder time seeing any of the Meisters dying just yet. Maybe at the end of the series but not with fifteen episodes to go. Marketing wouldn't like it for one thing. :twisted:
SNT1

I have doubts that Memento Mori will linger around past ep. 13.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
OpMegs

A random concept that Nena's commentary on Wang working with those that had her brothers killed provoked...

Do we know that Ali was working for Alejandro?

I mean, certainly, that seems the obvious conclusion. He's delivering the GN-T drives for the GN-X suits, he had the biometrics scanner on Zwei disabled for his use, and he bumped off the Thrones and Laguna Harvey when both became impractical for the Plan...

But was Alejandro -really- the client?

I have this sneaking suspicion that ever since he showed up again after the Azadistan arc, he's been working for Ribbons on the side. Ribbons and Alejandro's goals coincided, naturally, until the end of S1. However, Ali's first debut in S2 has him already hired by Ribbons. A remarkable coincidence, given Ribbons' disdain for humanity and his presumably short exposure to Ali(basically the Throne elimination, or slightly before, as Veda overrides would be necessary for him to get the Zwei). However, if he was the one who suggested Ali to Alejandro after vetting him himself, it'd fit in with Ribbons' ongoing behind the scenes use of Alejandro's plans to suit -his- plans. After all, presuming that the Meisters had been eliminated in battle by the Alvatore/Alvarron, Ribbons would need someone equipped with a GN solid blade and the skill to use it to eliminate his final, unnecessary pawn....
SNT1 wrote:"Doubt" shouldn't ever be mentioned when describing 00-Raiser (or its armaments)
Battosai28

In my opinion, this is yet another excellent installment in a so far excellent season. Although Tierria has quickly become one of my favorite characters, I've wanted to punch him every time he had the opportunity to tell the others about the innovators, but chose not to. I know he had his reasons, being one of them himself (biologically at least), but I still don't think it was enough to risk their lives needlessly by not telling them. So obviously, I am pleased that he finally dropped the bombshell in this episode.

And on a humorous note, a part of me was hoping that the bridge crew would start laughing hysterically at 18:10 when Saji said that he would pilot the 0-Riser.
Like all good things, my 318 days in Japan have come to an end. Thank you everyone for such an awesome year!
ShadowCell

Battosai28 wrote:So obviously, I am pleased that he finally dropped the bombshell in this episode.
And the best part is that after the big reveal, Setsuna was just all "Well we'll kill them too."

=P
Recon 5

ShadowCell wrote:
Battosai28 wrote:So obviously, I am pleased that he finally dropped the bombshell in this episode.
And the best part is that after the big reveal, Setsuna was just all "Well we'll kill them too."

=P
Shades of Gurren Lagann, I believe?
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Gadget

In season 1, Setsuna said he will become Gundam. So in season 2, what is Saji? A flea stuck on a ride?

Come to think of it, Setsuna stops making such comment ever since Exia got trash.

Patrick DID NOT get shot down. But if CB gets away, no flowers will cheer his beloved colonel.

Why did Ian allows Saji to deliver the Rizer to Setsuna. Maria/Somma, a veteran and a super soilder, would have done a better job. I know she's is going to be Al's partner in the GN Archer, but I thought the moment was desperate and Ian should have get the best person for the job..

And most of us think it was Haro the 'dodge' the attacks, and a Haro did brought Dynames back. Ian could tell the purple Haro to 'bring the Rizer to Setsuna'.But he didn't. So it still need a pilot for activating the docking?

So Saji is going to wear the CB's spandex uniform instead of light blue short sleeves?
skyknight

A very solid episode indeed, it will be interesting to see the route that Wang/Nena walks (Wang as Lulu wearing the 'evil' mask, don't know?). What does Nena want for herself, revenge for her bros or just plain old destruction of everything?

And things are definitely coming to a boiling point between Kati and Sumeragi, which I was hoping for, it will come to on how the 00-Raiser performs. I'm not predicting a total wipeout of the A-Laws forces, but a significant damage to allow CB to escape, but who knows.

Jenin's death was a bit predictable, but again for plot devise we have to know not all members of A-Laws are 'evil,' and we haven't seen what tactics Katharon has used in the past (assassination, bombing..?). One of the main theme for the 00 series is how to obtain peace and how to MAINTAIN peace, I'm interesting in seeing how the screenwriters have in store for us.

The ep ended with a great cliffhanger between Saji and Louisse, with both at the opposite end of each other. Again and again, I don't think Saji has to be a pilot/fighter for CB (he almost pasted out in 00-Raiser) or to be some macho dude, he does have to know the truth of the world that he lives in and decides on how he wants to live.
RedBlitz

Gadget wrote:In season 1, Setsuna said he will become Gundam. So in season 2, what is Saji? A flea stuck on a ride?
I'd like to think of him as the sidekick that will change the world, with a little help from Setsuna nad Haro of course.
Come to think of it, Setsuna stops making such comment ever since Exia got trash.
Well Setsuna said in episode 2 "We are Gundam", so yeah... I think he's got a few more of those lines to shout before the end of the season.
Why did Ian allows Saji to deliver the Rizer to Setsuna. Maria/Somma, a veteran and a super soilder, would have done a better job. I know she's is going to be Al's partner in the GN Archer, but I thought the moment was desperate and Ian should have get the best person for the job..
Marie/Soma wasent there when Ian told Saji to go out in the Raizer, she only arrived when Ian had fainted. Also Idont think it would of been the best decision to just run back to the main bridge and get Marie (who might not want to pilot), who knows what could happen in that time?? And i'm thinking that Saji wanting to do his part decided that he was going to be the pilot and try to make a difference!
And most of us think it was Haro the 'dodge' the attacks, and a Haro did brought Dynames back. Ian could tell the purple Haro to 'bring the Rizer to Setsuna'.But he didn't. So it still need a pilot for activating the docking?
Probaly something like that, it must need a manual output at some point like the proper coordinates to combine and not to forget all the advanced manoeuvres it can perform, I dont think Haro can quite do that on his own. Not that Saji is a big help at this point... lol
So Saji is going to wear the CB's spandex uniform instead of light blue short sleeves?
I think so yeah.... he might not agree with everything they've done but he cant deny that he is now a CB member, might as well just wear the dam thing to make it official. I'm hoping for the red suit like we saw in the fanart, he looked pretty good in that.
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
Genocide

Gadget wrote:Maria/Somma, a veteran and a super soilder, would have done a better job. I know she's is going to be Al's partner in the GN Archer, but I thought the moment was desperate and Ian should have get the best person for the job..
Is it officially stated that she'll be piloting the Archer? Because I vaguely recall Allelujah promising Sergei that he'll keep her out of the battlefield (at least as "out" as you can be on the Ptolemaios). Putting her back in a mobile suit/armor would make him a liar and a hypocrite.
ShadowCell

On the other hand, it raises questions of what she's doing on the Ptolemy, other than being Allelujah's love-bunny.
pd771

ShadowCell wrote:On the other hand, it raises questions of what she's doing on the Ptolemy, other than being Allelujah's love-bunny.
She was there so Allelujah has an even bigger reason to fight. That's what Sumeragi said in show. I think almost everyone believes she'll pilot the GN Archer at some point.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs