The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Unit 15

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
ShadowCell

The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Unit 15

Thirty pages, new thread, etc. Please tag your spoilers, don't post mindless speculation with no basis in fact, and don't be jerks. Or I'll kill you. =D
Strike Zero wrote:I was glad to learn that Lyle was actually a member of Kataron. It would have been too far out-there if he was just a civilian that Celestial Being picked up to pilot the Cherudim just because his DNA profile matched that of the original Lockon. Like this, it doesn't seemed so unreasonable.
Areku

Re: The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Unit 15

Strike Zero wrote:I was glad to learn that Lyle was actually a member of Kataron. It would have been too far out-there if he was just a civilian that Celestial Being picked up to pilot the Cherudim just because his DNA profile matched that of the original Lockon. Like this, it doesn't seemed so unreasonable.
Hopefully, but it remains to be seen how he changes the dynamics within CB. Hopefully he'll be significantly different from Neil (to avoid a cop-out) and yet similar enough to support his recruitment (though Hal-Lockon would be delicious). Poor Lyle is stuck with a balancing act.
ShadowCell wrote:don't be jerks. Or I'll kill you. =D
Wuh-oh! Please don't kill me, mister ShadowCell!
aberrance

Recruiting Lyle really isn't as cheesy as it seems. Because Lyle and Neil are twins, their muscles are pretty similar. Muscles play a big role in any action, in this case it's something as important as sniping. I recall a CSI episode detailing something like this. Made sense to me. Thoughts?
Teki

aberrance wrote:Recruiting Lyle really isn't as cheesy as it seems. Because Lyle and Neil are twins, their muscles are pretty similar. Muscles play a big role in any action, in this case it's something as important as sniping. I recall a CSI episode detailing something like this. Made sense to me. Thoughts?
Actually being a twin i can tell you that what you said not true. Granted being an identical twin gives you the genetics to be similar muscle build up but depending on how you spend your life will be different. I love sports and played them regularly while my twin wasn't into them at all. Oddly enopugh my reaction time while quicker but my brother was able to gain stronger upper body muscles.

I believe reason they picked Lyle will be the similar background of both fighting after their parents and sisters death, but also little personal reason of being the twin. mean they all loved Lockon 1.0 to some form even if just love in comrad sense so want someone to fill void. that is true humanity in a sense... since the logic is flawed

BTW, anyone ever able to find the screen shots of the missing scientists i mentions in old topic as still can't even remember what episode they were from.
aberrance

Teki wrote:
aberrance wrote:Recruiting Lyle really isn't as cheesy as it seems. Because Lyle and Neil are twins, their muscles are pretty similar. Muscles play a big role in any action, in this case it's something as important as sniping. I recall a CSI episode detailing something like this. Made sense to me. Thoughts?
Actually being a twin i can tell you that what you said not true. Granted being an identical twin gives you the genetics to be similar muscle build up but depending on how you spend your life will be different. I love sports and played them regularly while my twin wasn't into them at all. Oddly enopugh my reaction time while quicker but my brother was able to gain stronger upper body muscles.

I believe reason they picked Lyle will be the similar background of both fighting after their parents and sisters death, but also little personal reason of being the twin. mean they all loved Lockon 1.0 to some form even if just love in comrad sense so want someone to fill void. that is true humanity in a sense... since the logic is flawed

BTW, anyone ever able to find the screen shots of the missing scientists i mentions in old topic as still can't even remember what episode they were from.
I believe the cases are different. You used your bodies for different things and were therefore conditioned differently. Lyle and Neil on the other hand share the same exact build as I assume they followed somewhat similar paths. I'm no scientist though, so my theory may just be fallible.
Sleepneeded127

i just hope that Lyle has a very different personality then hos brother

and does any one know if they have the same VA or not ?
Neo_Senku

Sleepneeded127 wrote:i just hope that Lyle has a very different personality then hos brother

and does any one know if they have the same VA or not ?
they do
Ya know what, We're All Gundam. ^_^

The Magnificent Bastard is an awesome trope.
NastyNate

was that louse piloting the red mobile suit the same louse as saji's old girl friend? If so didn't she have her arm in that episode and i wonder what is up with the pills?
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
skyknight

NastyNate wrote:was that louse piloting the red mobile suit the same louse as saji's old girl friend? If so didn't she have her arm in that episode and i wonder what is up with the pills?
That is going to be one of the developing plots in season 2.

For a moment, I thought the Lyle/Neil relation was very similar to Chou Yan-fat's character in "A Better Tomorrow," one twin-brother dies, the other comes in to continue his role and avenge his death.
Last edited by skyknight on Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laevatein

NastyNate wrote:was that louse piloting the red mobile suit the same louse as saji's old girl friend? If so didn't she have her arm in that episode and i wonder what is up with the pills?
Yup, that's Louise Halevy, Saji's girlfriend in season 1. And that new left arm she has is a mechanical replacement.
Red XIV

VentZX wrote:Seriously, we knew this would happen the instant we saw Lyle back in episode 9 of season 1. This was not out of left field and was hinted at a few times before. We'll see how it turns out based on how they handle his character, which has yet to be seen. After all, he's had like three lines so far.
While the fact that Lyle's existence was firmly established in advance does mean they weren't pulling the "replacement twin" out of a bodily orifice, that doesn't mean it was inevitable that we'd be seeing Lockon Mark II. Having Lyle take over as Lockon Stratos was hardly the only possible storyline that could come of Neil having a twin brother. Nor am I convinced that it's necessarily the most interesting thing that could be done with Lyle. If he's a sufficiently interesting character and not a total copy of his brother, then it should work despite being a bit cliche.
"I think most of us were lead astray via the Hazel family tree that hinted the TR-6 came from the Hazels...when in fact it's an amalgam of all TTT mecha...and a rabbit." - Deus EpS Machina
yazi88

The 1st episode already showed us one difference between "Lock-on" Neil and "Lock-off" Lyle: Lyle SMOKES, his attitude so far seems more cynical (correct me if I used to wrong) and seems to have more a mean streak so far to me. Although they both share the same taste in cars cause his looks completely identical (perhaps given to him?) to the one Neil drove.
VentZX

Red XIV wrote:While the fact that Lyle's existence was firmly established in advance does mean they weren't pulling the "replacement twin" out of a bodily orifice, that doesn't mean it was inevitable that we'd be seeing Lockon Mark II. Having Lyle take over as Lockon Stratos was hardly the only possible storyline that could come of Neil having a twin brother. Nor am I convinced that it's necessarily the most interesting thing that could be done with Lyle. If he's a sufficiently interesting character and not a total copy of his brother, then it should work despite being a bit cliche.
Oh come on, people were calling this scenario from Lyle's first appearance. Sure, at the time, it wasn't the only option, but it was the most likely, and go figure, it's what happened. Again, Lyle's gotten in all of 3 lines, so we have no clue what he's like. All we have to go by is that he smokes, and is a member of Kataron. We'll find out more come next episode.
Red XIV

VentZX wrote:Oh come on, people were calling this scenario from Lyle's first appearance.
At Lyle's first appearance, we didn't even know that Neil was going to die yet.
"I think most of us were lead astray via the Hazel family tree that hinted the TR-6 came from the Hazels...when in fact it's an amalgam of all TTT mecha...and a rabbit." - Deus EpS Machina
Nagato21

Im pretty sure we can expect Lyle to be different than Neil. It will be very interesting to see where his relation with Kataron and CB will take him. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't share CB ideals and just join out of curiosity or maybe to use them to further Kataron plans. Admit that would be cool, Lockon playing double agent :lol:
ZEON SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!
Recon 5

For one thing, Neil was never even half as sullen as Lyle was when Setsuna showed up. If it was Neil, my guess was that he would have grinned and given Mr. I AM GUNDAM the "gun". The fact that he didn't I think is enough to suggest that he will be very different. I only hope that the difference isn't being more emo.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
T.V.

Lyle is probably chosen to be the 'best fit' to replace Neil.
He's probably different from Neil, and I hope to see so, but because he's his Neil's twin, makes him also the most alike.
A different person, having led a different life, though undoubtedly sharing his brother's genetics.
Makes for an interesting "nature vs. nurture" element for the plot (if used).
yazi88 wrote:Although they both share the same taste in cars.
Glad to know someone else noticed.
Btw, they're driving a Lancia 037 rally car, the successor to the Lancia Stratos. ;)
Kefkaownall

T.V. wrote:Lyle is probably chosen to be the 'best fit' to replace Neil.
He's probably different from Neil, and I hope to see so, but because he's his Neil's twin, makes him also the most alike.
A different person, having led a different life, though undoubtedly sharing his brother's genetics.
Makes for an interesting "nature vs. nurture" element for the plot (if used).
yazi88 wrote:Although they both share the same taste in cars.
Glad to know someone else noticed.
Btw, they're driving a Lancia 037 rally car, the successor to the Lancia Stratos. ;)
I'm pretty sure Lyle might have a shorter temper.
Hopefully doing a Zeta Gundam abridged and is also the god of the World of Ruin.
Meteoid

Laevatein wrote: Yup, that's Louise Halevy, Saji's girlfriend in season 1. And that new left arm she has is a mechanical replacement.
It was confirmed that it was mechanical? I was wondering about it for a while, I thought it could have been a transplant and the pills are because of her body rejecting it or something. But anyway I digress.

I have a feeling Lyle is gonna be quite arrogant based on that confident grin* we saw him wearing in the preview and Feldt's shocked look, I don't think she's be going to be shocked to see him, she probably knew about Setsuna going to find him, so it was probably the personality change

*I sure as hell wouldn't be so happy if I was standing on board a group of terrorist's spaceship surrounded by people telling me i'm now the last living member of my family and are going to be filling the role of my dead twin.
CasvalRemDeikun

Meteoid wrote:
Laevatein wrote: Yup, that's Louise Halevy, Saji's girlfriend in season 1. And that new left arm she has is a mechanical replacement.
It was confirmed that it was mechanical? I was wondering about it for a while, I thought it could have been a transplant and the pills are because of her body rejecting it or something. But anyway I digress.
This was my thought exactly. The nature of Louise's hand has not been spelled out entirely. Honestly, she could have a hand that was transplanted from a cadaver or even a hand that was grown from the stem cells of someone else (maybe even Ribbons, since he does have a pretty girly physique). Of course, they could have cloned her, chopped off the hand, and attached it to the real Louise. We kinda have the technology to do that NOW, let alone three hundred years in the future where the technique could have been perfected. Shoehorning it as mechanical really cuts humanity short.