The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Unit 15

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Destiny_Gundam

It was your
Areku wrote: Err... Uh, what? He was given a Haro to "find the truth"; the red Haro was basically an autonomous hard-drive to help him learn about CB. Doesn't automatically make him a sniper. In fact, the vast majority of the Haros we've seen are maintenance units; taken independently, that Haro makes it more likely he'll be a mechanic.

Besides, Lyle?
Post that gives the impression you're taking it seriously. When it's clear some one is making a joke, play off it, don't refute it. Otherwise, just laugh and be on your way.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Xanadu

I was re-watching various sections of Gundam 00 involving the thrones/gundams and I noticed they said something along the lines of getting a new mission assignment from "Lagna" is this some throne version of Veda?
"This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it" - John Adams
Destiny_Gundam

Xanadu wrote:I was re-watching various sections of Gundam 00 involving the thrones/gundams and I noticed they said something along the lines of getting a new mission assignment from "Lagna" is this some throne version of Veda?
Lagna is a person. Lagna Harvey was the guy who made the linear rails for the elevators. He built the Thrones, ordered them around, and gave the GN-X to the UN, all under Corner's orders. Once his use was over, Corner had Ali eliminate him.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
quasadra

Lagna Harvey, Louise Harvey. related or coincidence?
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
ShadowCell

Neither, since her name is repeatedly spelled "Halevy"," not "Harvey."
quasadra

sorry about that. i got them mixed up. they sound pretty close in japanese.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Red XIV

ShadowCell wrote:Neither, since her name is repeatedly spelled "Halevy"," not "Harvey."
And they're spelled differently in Japanese as well. ハーヴェイ for Harvey, ハレヴィ for Halevy.
"I think most of us were lead astray via the Hazel family tree that hinted the TR-6 came from the Hazels...when in fact it's an amalgam of all TTT mecha...and a rabbit." - Deus EpS Machina
SNT1

more mecha than plot this time:

-What a way to invade an A-LAWS Base... with GN Fields blazing, ram the entire freakin Ptoly-2 into the water and create a freaking tsunami, then follow it up with the 3 Gundams (00, Seravee, Cherudim) creating havoc on Tieren's and GN-X's

-Lockon isn't too bad a pilot at all. Haro is like warming up. He had his Kataron buddies come in too to take advantage

-Saji is still being a Saji

-Again, Seravee showing it can move. Also, it created a GN-Field then blasted it out? wtf

-They send Arios to rescue Allelujah, Soma remembers "Marie" after their encounter, gets stunned. Al didn't lose his touch as an MS pilot

-Setsuna being awesome again. He has the potential to be the best main Gundam character in a series ever. I'm dead serious.

Thankfully, the 00 Gundam itself is low-profile this ep.

Team is complete!

The preview - worth noting = Lockon kisses Feldt.

Another awesome episode!
Last edited by SNT1 on Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Sume Gai

SNT1 wrote:He has the potential to be the best main Gundam character in a series ever. I'm dead serious.
Agreed. but Garrod is some stiff competition
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Renegade334

Just watched the ep in streaming.

The drifting Kyrios was captured by the Federation, although I'm not sure what happened to the GN drive - in one shot, the mech is missing the aft cone, suggesting Allelujah might have jettisoned it à la Tieria. At any rate, Allelujah is being held in some sort of Alcatraz prison, and CB's reappearance has Kati and Soma holding guard to prevent any weird happenings. However, Wang manages to locate him and warn CB.

Sumeragi's back to drinking again and she really shows some reticence taking up her old role - however, as everyone insists on rescuing their former teammate, she relents and pages them (from her room) the tac. plan as she's not ready to go back to the bridge again.

What's the plan? A crazy thing that reminds me of Vietnam's Operation Kingpin - crashland a chopper in the middle of a POW camp and get everyone out. However, the twist is that Ptolemaios 2 (which is now confirmed reentry-capable AND submersible) litterally sky-dives and causes a mini-tsunami that takes care of the Tieren sentinels. The next part involves sneaking inside (Setsuna) to rescue both Marina and Allelujah. In the meantime, Kataron guerrilleros take this opportunity to have their comrades break out, adding more chaos - just as the Cherudim and Seravee take care of a group of Aheads/GN-XIIIs.

Allelujah has to rendezvous with the remote-controlled Arios, but is momentarily slowed down by Soma. Held at gunpoint, he once again calls her Marie (she pulls a blank at that) but then reveals her TRUE name, which is Marie Parvati or Parvashi - that causes an Anya-style flashback, which, in turn, makes her drop the gun. Allelujah boards the Kyrios and everyone goes back home after downing a few GN-XIIIs.

Post-ep sequence features CB welcoming Allelujah back in their midst and Setsuna having a chat with Marina (looks like she still doesn't approve of armed interventions).

Notes:
- Ribbons and the Federation chairman/secretary general are in cahoots.
- Kataron failed to secure Marina and Shirin now suspects CB has her.
- Lyle asked what Neil usually said ('Sniping the targets') before each fight.
- Nena wasn't in a mech, but in a GN Drive-equipped shuttle. So much for those that wanted to see the Throne Drei.
- Sergei might be looking further into the 'Marie' files, as Soma asked him whether it rang a bell.
- Next ep? Well, those that liked the Archangel vs. underwater mechs will like this one. The white-haired A-LAWS dude makes his appearance. And Lyle kisses Feldt (I already hear the ensuing slap from miles away here)
Last edited by Renegade334 on Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- Light travels faster than sound: this is the scientific explanation as to why people appear brilliant...that is, until you hear what they have to say.
young_oldtype

Anybody else here who saw the ten-second prank?
Theoden wrote:[/color]Spears shall be shaken, shields be splintered! A sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!

See bullcrap here.
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN:
Praxis
Blade D

Graaaaah and I missed it! :cry:

It sounds like it was an awesome episode though, from what I've read on here.

Does TBS re-run the episodes, by any chance?
Mark064

Not anytime soon. If it is to be re-run it'll happen sometimes in the future when they re-run the whole thing, sometimes after the series has finished airing of course.
Recon 5

I can hear the "overpowered" complaints and Archangel comparisons rolling in already...
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
hdiuy

Having the GN bazooka of Seravee spilt into two doesnt really make much of a difference other than it being docked at the shoulders. It seems to the the most-energy-wasting gundam among the four. But then again its only 3 episodes so who knows...
And damn Seravee nearly did the trademark Freedom stance before firing its cannons.
Jumpy Jumpy Jumpy!!!
Renegade334

The twin rifles' presence is probably a lesson dearly bought from season 1, where the HRL outmaneuvered the Virtue by figuring out the charging lag between each salvo - with the Seravee, Tieria can shorten the said amount of time quite dramatically, and since they're hand-carried, those weapons can enjoy greater aiming angles. It's a shy attempt to introduce close- to medium-range combat capabilities, but at least it's there. Anyway, I'll stop here as this topic belongs to the mecha thread and not the anime thread itself.

That put aside, I don't think the following has been posted here, but here goes anyway. I'm still missing the source scans, though.
Animesuki wrote:Episode 4 The Reason To Fight
A-LAWS continue their next operation. Klaus and other leaders of Kataron try to contact Celestial Being. Shirin, who is worried about Marina's whereabouts decide to follow them. Meanwhile, while traveling through the Arabian Sea, is attacked by Lindt (not sure about the spellings, he is the white hair A-LAWS) and his underwater MA

Episode 5 The Burning Homeland
Federation uses Celestial Being's reappearance to promote A-LAWS. This is because of Ribbons's information control. Ribbons is not just an Innovator, he also uses an important person behind the scene for his world unification plan. Meanwhile, Celestial Being meets with Kataron, and Klaus declares to offer their assistance.

Episode 6 Scar
Kataron Soldiers are felled by the attack of A-LAWS, their last words remind Sumeragi of her forbidden past, causing her to faint. Meanwhile, Katie receives report of Lindt, her expression darkens. Peris witnesses the attack and is sadden. She receives message from Sergei, and feels his thoughts.
-- Light travels faster than sound: this is the scientific explanation as to why people appear brilliant...that is, until you hear what they have to say.
Exia

After watching this episode there is one thing i am wondering about: are the A-Laws the only military unit which employs GN-X? Because the prison was guarded by Tieren Ground Type Mobile Suits. A prison which holds Kataron members should have been guarded with better Mobile Suits than such outdated models in my opinion.
Destroy... I'll just destroy you. I'll annihilate you! I'll exterminate you!
Janx_Dolaris

This is really more of a mecha topic, but its possible the GN-Tau drives are harder to create than we think, and their productin is relegated to high-priority assests (like A-LAWS).

On the other hand, if ribbons is controlling A-LAWS, he may want them to have all the power, and be able to pull GN-surperiority on the rest of the federation should they turn on him.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

SNT1 wrote:-What a way to invade an A-LAWS Base... with GN Fields blazing, ram the entire freakin Ptoly-2 into the water and create a freaking tsunami, then follow it up with the 3 Gundams (00, Seravee, Cherudim) creating havoc on Tieren's and GN-X's
That sounds like a plan Lelouch would think of. (using the terrain) Maybe Sumeragi's been watching some Code Geass these past four years....
-Saji is still being a Saji
Well, yeah. If he changed so quickly and suddenly, I'd be disappointed in the lack of motivation. It looks like the staff is going to take its time and do this right.
Renegade334 wrote:Nena wasn't in a mech, but in a GN Drive-equipped shuttle. So much for those that wanted to see the Throne Drei.
Why would you equip a shuttle with a with a GN Drive...

Well, so much for no LylexFeldt. :D
CarbonStereoxide
Location: Starting an explosive party at Azadistan with Setsuna

one detail that surprises me the most in this awesome episode is the change of attitude of good old Tieria from having a superior complex of :YOU DON'T FIT AS A GUNDAM MEISTER to an approachable one is really surprising, I was expecting for Tieria after they retrieve Al is that he/she is gonna scold him to the death for being a prisoner for 4 years but instead he/she shows kindness to Al, I think the death of Neil and the 4 years gap really change Tieria even he/she does not change (if Tieria is really a innovator)
Kidou Senshi Gundam 00

"Celestial Being is the World's Finest Terrorist"- Tieria Erde

"Wanna Get High?"- Towelie

"I'll Dance in your Grave Tonight"-Hallelujah Haptism

"Mosque Closed, Party's Over!"- Lockon Stratos after shooting Ali-Al-Sarches