The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Unit 15

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Kurotetsu

Oruma wrote:The Trans-AM is used only to get over the 80% threshold. Once the TDS synchronize, the Trans-AM was shut off----or haven't you noticed?

At least, that's my take on things :P
Oh, and, This may be better suited in the OO mecha/tech thread than here :roll:
Trans-Am use has always been followed by a period of highly degraded performance. I saw that the red Trans-Am coloring had worn off, but since the 00 was still running at peak form I had assumed the system was still active at some level. Though now it just looks like the Twin Drive system makes that side effect irrelevant, probably due to the 'GN particle production is squared for the win' clause.
Homeless wrote:I think you're working off a completely false spoiler made up during the airing of season 1, that claimed much the same as you're saying here. However, despite the Gundams turning red, they don't even produce red particles anyway:
http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/1426 ... 644fi8.jpg
I stand corrected. Though its embarrassing I didn't notice something so obvious sooner. :oops:
Sume Gai wrote:after finally seeing the episode I have this to say.

0, Exia and Setsuna: Three Gundams become one
One step up from GaoGaiGar's two in one?

EDIT: Please use the edit button instead of triple-posting.

~ShadowCell
NIGHTSHADOW99

Great episode, Setsuna is the biggest badazz on the block, Billy's face priceless and I have a feeling he's gonna do something drastic and so many twist and turns this early in the series, keeps you on your toes. Shouldn't all the trans-am talk be in the mecha thread.
I've told you......to treat them delicately, as if they were a virgin or a feather!
ShadowCell

"In nomine 0 Gundam, et Exia, et Setsuna F Seiei"...?

Well, watching the 00 sodomize those A-LAWS stiffs was satisfying enough.

And discussion of how the Trans-Am system works belongs in the mecha thread, not here.
pd771

latenlazy wrote:
Zero Revenge wrote:If they were going to lose in the end. Why even have it? Why would the creators even make Trans-AM up? I just felt it was a poor choice in a plot device to stave off defeat for Celestial Being.
With Trans Am most of CB barely got away with their lives. They also needed it to beat Alejandro, though they were beaten in turn by the rest of the world. Without it I don't think they would have been so lucky as to see another day, and Alejandro would have gotten his wish, which wouldn't have been very conducive to a 2nd season.

Don't even try to debate these people. All they want is another Gundam Wing or UC story. We finally get a series that has good writing and balances special abilities with weaknesses to make them realistic, characters that are intresting and conflicting, they even put Amuro's VA in an awesome role, and these people still complain.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs
Trisk

Once again, Setsuna shows us he has all the subtlety of a blunt axe. :lol:

Then again, it seems he revealed Sumeragi (who isn't really named Sumeragi - but, of course, we don't get to find out her actual name, as Setsuna interrupts Billy) was a part of Celestial Being to Billy as a way to keep her from running away from reality.

However, I've got a nagging feeling that Setsuna revealing their membership in Celestial Being might end up backfiring strongly, considering he told it to someone who is:

a.) good friends with one of A-LAWS' aces and
b.) apparently a son/nephew/relative of the A-LAWS' commander.
Nagato21

One thing I liked in this episode is despite the power of 00, the A-Laws pilots didn't chicken. They have to be the bravest grunt pilots I have seen in a Gundam show.
However the Aheads are definetely a match for the Gundams, except for the 00 and Seravee surprise attacks, those units are bound to cause CB a lot of hassle in the future if A-Laws mass produce them.
ZEON SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!
wielder

I'm quite pleased with this episode, all things considered.

Lyle being Kataron's operative within Celestial Being could give us some interesting material in the future (cue betrayals, or attempted ones at least). Saji's opening his eyes to reality, but it should still take him a little while before he's comfortable joining Celestial Being or whatever happens along those lines. That's good, I'd like to see him become useful. Setsuna's being dense notwithstanding, I feel pretty bad for Sumeragi and Billy, those two are going to end up at each others throats eventually (even if not face to face).

It's too early to speak of Trans-Am abuse, as like others have said it's almost certain that something else will show up down the line that is finally capable of matching it and 00 itself, for that matter. It's just a question of when, not if, since Gundam in general does give a lot more attention to providing technological upgrades to the enemies as well as the protagonists, both when it does so well and when it does that not-so-well (as opposed to Geass where, whatever you think about it, the mecha fights were much less important and took less screen time overall, unlike 00 and the average Gundam). I'm not interested in the technical discussion, this is from the point of view of the story's progression, period.

And personally, the 00 looks freaking awesome there. Nothing bad with some of that, no sir. :P
Kenji

It's funny, 'cuz I'm watching S2 while playing Digital Devil Saga 2, and they behave similarly in this regard. The first half had an incredibly slow buildup, though it was well done and I had no complaints on either, but that allowed the second half to just make it all count. I feel that's how S2 is doing things, jumpng right into the action, having faith that we know what's what going in, and just making all that buildup count.

By the way, I liked Episode 2. :P

Amazing how it just sorta flew over my head how having 0 Gundam and Exia's GN Drives would be a sort of actualization for Setsuna, like he had finally achieved that messianic power he had always sought, even if he has a better perspective on things now. The activation of the 00 Gundam, the way it was related to Trans-Am and Aeolia's last technical theories (that we know of, at least), just makes it all tie together and qualifies the unit being called "00 Gundam," the "True Gundam," if you would.

Can't say much for Lyle yet, but that can wait until next week, easily.
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Destiny_Gundam

The one thing I'm wondering is, if the 00 has the 0 Gundam's drive, what the heck is Fereshte using?
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Dwin

To all of you saying the Gundams are overpowered, Seravii gets out manuevered in this episode and kicked around.
Laevatein

Destiny_Gundam wrote:The one thing I'm wondering is, if the 00 has the 0 Gundam's drive, what the heck is Fereshte using?
It is possible that at this point, Fereshte may no longer be around.
Red XIV

Destiny_Gundam wrote:The one thing I'm wondering is, if the 00 has the 0 Gundam's drive, what the heck is Fereshte using?
There's speculation about Astraea being given a GN[T] drive, but current chapters of 00F are set during the 4-year timeskip. We presumably won't find out for sure until 00F catches up to the timeframe of season 2 (if it does so at all).
"I think most of us were lead astray via the Hazel family tree that hinted the TR-6 came from the Hazels...when in fact it's an amalgam of all TTT mecha...and a rabbit." - Deus EpS Machina
Arsarcana

Trisk wrote:However, I've got a nagging feeling that Setsuna revealing their membership in Celestial Being might end up backfiring strongly
I imagine that it will only be a real problem if Billy knows Sumeragi well enough to be able to predict her moves. Otherwise Sumeragi (like all CB members not named Wang) pretty much doesn't exist as far as the world is concerned so Setsuna didn't exactly expose her family to reprisals or whatnot. Of course, finding out that his old flame is a member of CB might cause him to pull a Nina and start building something nasty but that doesn't seem terribly likely to me.
wielder

Arsarcana wrote: I imagine that it will only be a real problem if Billy knows Sumeragi well enough to be able to predict her moves. Otherwise Sumeragi (like all CB members not named Wang) pretty much doesn't exist as far as the world is concerned so Setsuna didn't exactly expose her family to reprisals or whatnot. Of course, finding out that his old flame is a member of CB might cause him to pull a Nina and start building something nasty but that doesn't seem terribly likely to me.
I'd guess he probably does know enough about Sumeragi to predict a few things, even if not necessarily all.

I wouldn't put it that way just yet, but I'd think some motivation would result from this and...Billy might as well do something with it instead of just sitting around crying or raging.
VentZX

Red XIV wrote:
There's speculation about Astraea being given a GN[T] drive, but current chapters of 00F are set during the 4-year timeskip.
Completely baseless speculation, that is. I don't get what this obsession fans have with putting Tau Drives in everything. I've already seen people calling for Exia and O Gundam to come back with a Tau. It's ridiculous.

Anyway, as some have stated, we don't even know if Fereshte is still around at this point in the series, but it's clear that CB has all five original drives in its possesion.
Teki

OKay anbother awesome episode :). BTW, surprised nobody is happy like me about these newly added epilouges. i hope they stay as they really add to the suspense and give the characters time-lag to have interesting things happen. Awesome how Lockon 2.0 is seemingly using CB at this stage. Loving the feeling that is being used time wise. And I feel for Billy, but we know he will propbabnly do something stupid but that adds to the stoyry.

I love 00's design, and enjoy how it seemed the grunt suits are capable of matching gundams and it is more the pilots will and moves. Mean in original gundam, by the end of series the Gundam was no match for gelgoogs tech wise but Amuro's skill made it work. Hope and getting feeling we may get this now federation has the GN tech to some degree.

Anyone else, love the feeling of Ribbons being upset he didn't know something...

Now King Arthur is also learning about thrones and all hope he helps out and think he will be big help. Definitly getting all episodes on Blu-Ray when hits states. Happy most dvds keep the original japanese voices and include subs
Aegis

I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the first couple of episodes. The series is now making use of Louise and Saji, though at least with Saji I still hope he more or less remains the average civilian albeit now with CB. I like Setsuna and Tiera this time around compared to their more 'plastic' characters of the first season, the scene shifts that bugged me in the first season don't bug me so much here, especially since so far the monologues were kept to a more reasonable level, and the MS action is quite impressive. Can't say much about the Seravee's design other than the second face on its back is rather odd, but it's definitely a more impressive machine than the Virtue. Finally, the 00 is a freakish beast in its own right. The two cones are more than mere show, given the number of uses they now have aside from the usual propulsion, and we get to see just how much more impressive the 00 is over the Exia thus far. Now we await the eventual debuts of the Cherudim and Arios.
jroy1117

All hail The GUNDAM TRINITY! :D
Nagato21

After re watching w/subs I have discovered that there is a high head in the federation, commanding the A Laws call Katagiri, is there some connection with Billy Katagiri?
ZEON SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!
krullnar

So is the guy with the oh so very iconic mask the Corners guy from season 1 or I'm I losing it because they look a lot a like.
ShadowCell - Mr. T doesn't read YouTube comments. Neither does Jesus. Or MacGuyver. Don't you want to be like Mr. T, Jesus, and MacGuyver?