Female Gundam antagonists who don't die

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Vent Noir

Female Gundam antagonists who don't die

Okay, I've mentioned a couple of times I'm worried that Soma will get killed off in 00, and, as a friend of mine pointed out, female Gundam antagonists don't have a great survival rate.

Can we make a list of the ones that don't die?

Off the top of my head, I can think of:
- Dorothy, Lady Une, and Mariemeia from Wing (all of whom fall under the category of noncombatants, with the possible exception of Une)
- Katejina from V-Gundam (Tomino allegedly left her crippled because he felt she was so evil that killing her would be letting her of lightly)
- Ennil El from X (joined the good guys)

I don't think Aina or Allenby would really count as "antagonists", would they?
Mark064

The only other ones that enters my mind is Merrybell from Turn A Gundam and Iria from ZZ Gundam, and if you are going to include Mariemia you might as well include Mineva Zabi from Zeta/ZZ Gundam as well. You might also be able to argue that Chris from 0080 is an antagonists as well.

A bigger question might be how many female antagonists died. If you compare the two together, I think we'll see it close to 50/50 or maybe 60/40 for dying/living.
Vent Noir

Mark064 wrote:The only other ones that enters my mind is Merrybell from Turn A Gundam and Iria from ZZ Gundam, and if you are going to include Mariemia you might as well include Mineva Zabi from Zeta/ZZ Gundam as well. You might also be able to argue that Chris from 0080 is an antagonists as well.

A bigger question might be how many female antagonists died. If you compare the two together, I think we'll see more living then dying or at least close to 50/50.
Hmm...

Dead female antagonists that I can think of (question marks indicate it's arguable whether they count as antagonists:
Lalah (?)
Kishiria
Reccoa
Rosamia and Four (??)
Puru 2 (despite switching sides)
Hamaan
Quess
Flay (?)
Natarle
Stella
ORegan

What about the chick with the blue geara dogga in CCA? She would fit into Noirs list of female antagonists that bit the big one...and the captain of the Dominion in SEED.

While we're on SEED, some may argue that Lacus is evil :P
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Darkerangel

:evil: Lacus is a pure hearted saint and don't you forget it =P.

Aina Saharin (Lived) - 8th MS Team.

I can't recall, but did that one chick who was jealous of Cecily Fairchild from Gundam F91 die?

Fuala Griffon - Victory Gundam.

Kycilia Zabi - Gundam 0079.

Mouar Pharaoh - Zeta Gundam.

Lila Milla Rila - Zeta Gundam.

Pou Aijee - Turn A Gundam.
Recon 5

I view antagonists as anyone shooting at the main good guy or one of the major good guys (or anyone who plans such a shooting), regardless of how they ended up behind the trigger. For these, one rule holds true: if you're shooting a hero and don't have plot armor at the time, expect to die.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Nightwing03

Just a quick thought/question, Would Nena from 00 be classified as an Antagonist? I mean c'mon she did kill civilians for absolutley no reason. But i don't really recall her fighting against the main four meisters.
♣♦♠♥
J-Lead

Nightwing03 wrote:Just a quick thought/question, Would Nena from 00 be classified as an Antagonist? I mean c'mon she did kill civilians for absolutley no reason. But i don't really recall her fighting against the main four meisters.
Oh, she would most CERTAINLY be classified as an antagonist, but we can't count her yet, because 00 isn't finished.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
OutLawSuit

Lunamaria from Destiny could be considered an antagonist...

Selene from Stargazer is another messy one. Technically she is the antagonist if Sven is considered the protagonist. Also her status at the end of Stargazer is in question but apparently she actually lived.
Mark064

The protagonist is the main character of the story after all so Selene would be the antagonist. The problem here is SEED Destiny and who is the protagonist of that one. If you call Shinn the protagonist then Kira would have to be the antagonist which would make Cagalli and Lacus as antagonists as well. If you call Kira the protagonist then Shinn would be the antagonist which would make Talia and Lunamaria antagonists.
RedBlitz

Well Gundam Seed and Seed/Destiny have a nice survival rate for female fighters/characters. All the main ones didnt die, maybe we can expect the samething for Soma?
Last edited by RedBlitz on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
Darkerangel

Recon 5 wrote:I view antagonists as anyone shooting at the main good guy or one of the major good guys (or anyone who plans such a shooting), regardless of how they ended up behind the trigger. For these, one rule holds true: if you're shooting a hero and don't have plot armor at the time, expect to die.
confused...going by half your belief....would Nina Purpleton from Gundam 0083 go into your view of "antagonists?" After all she did "shoot" at Kou.
sushicake

Darkerangel wrote:confused...going by half your belief....would Nina Purpleton from Gundam 0083 go into your view of "antagonists?" After all she did "shoot" at Kou.
Not really for one she was just an engineer and never really piloted anything.
you know what makes special sauce so special?
Darkerangel

sushicake wrote:
Darkerangel wrote:confused...going by half your belief....would Nina Purpleton from Gundam 0083 go into your view of "antagonists?" After all she did "shoot" at Kou.
Not really for one she was just an engineer and never really piloted anything.
True, but what about that red headed girl that Kai liked in Gundam 0079. I don't think she piloted anything and yet died.
Sume Gai

Darkerangel wrote:True, but what about that red headed girl that Kai liked in Gundam 0079. I don't think she piloted anything and yet died.
Miharu? (at least I think that's who you mean)

shes hardly what I'd call an "antagonist"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
darkhunger

RedBlitz wrote:Well Gundam Seed and Seed/Destiny have a nice survival rate for female fighters/characters. All the main ones didnt die, maybe we can expect the samething for Soma?
Hmm? Flay, Natarle, Talia, Meer, Stellar, etc. were pretty "main" compared to other "main" female characters who died in other Gundam shows...
Brave Fencer Kirby

Antagonists in general don't have a great survival rate in Gundam; I don't think the "female" specification makes much of a difference.

For that matter, characters in general have a fairly good chance of dying in Gundam, regardless of which side they fight for. The only character with any real plot armor in Gundam is the main character himself.
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
krullnar

I think that G gundam is the only gundam series immune to this fact.
ShadowCell - Mr. T doesn't read YouTube comments. Neither does Jesus. Or MacGuyver. Don't you want to be like Mr. T, Jesus, and MacGuyver?
ORegan

krullnar wrote:I think that G gundam is the only gundam series immune to this fact.
Did you watch the final battle and witness all the Gundams exploding all over the place? Given, we don't know who the hell died, but I'm pretty sure some characters known to the audience bit the big one. That blind guy had to have died.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
ShadowCell

No, he was still alive. The Matador Gundam and I think one of the Mermaid Gundams were shown helping him back up later on, if I recall correctly.