Translated Gundam Manga?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Mafty

Translated Gundam Manga?

So does anyone know just how many Gundam Manga(or novels) have been (Legally and Officially) translated into English?
Seto Kaiba

Re: Translated Gundam Manga?

The only ones I can recall seeing in stores are the novelizations of the Original Gundam series and the manga do-over Gundam: the Origin.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
PowerdGNFlag

As for any upcoming books, The Men Who Created Gundam (which you may know as Gundam Sousei) is getting a one-volume release in May 2022 and the recent Beltorchika's Children manga will be releasing starting in July. Both are from Denpa.

As for other manga/novels in English (ongoing or otherwise) that came after the early 2000's Gundam boom (most of which are reviewed on MAHQ) here's the ones I can list off:
  • Gundam SEED Eclipse (ongoing, released as biweekly video manga on Gundam.info)
  • Gundam Thunderbolt (ongoing, currently up to volume 16)
  • Gundam Wing EW: Glory of the Losers (complete, 14 volumes)
  • the Gundam SEED (5 volumes) and DESTINY (4 volumes) manga adaptations
  • Gundam 00 (3 volumes, S1 only), 00F (4 volumes)
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
Underrated GM Custom

PowerdGNFlag wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:22 am As for any upcoming books, The Men Who Created Gundam (which you may know as Gundam Sousei) is getting a one-volume release in May 2022 and the recent Beltorchika's Children manga will be releasing starting in July. Both are from Denpa.
Is Gundam Sousei only a single volume? If it is I'd love to pick it up, I remember seeing a chapter of it a while back and found it very intriguing. Meant to check out the one about Anno as well in the future.

For UC I remember in the 2000s we got Blue Destiny (1996) and Lost War Chronicles then there's Ecole du Ciel but that one hits the hiatus train station pretty often. There were also several Gundam Wing mangas that made it over here.
PowerdGNFlag

Underrated GM Custom wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:00 pm
PowerdGNFlag wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:22 am As for any upcoming books, The Men Who Created Gundam (which you may know as Gundam Sousei) is getting a one-volume release in May 2022 and the recent Beltorchika's Children manga will be releasing starting in July. Both are from Denpa.
Is Gundam Sousei only a single volume? If it is I'd love to pick it up, I remember seeing a chapter of it a while back and found it very intriguing. Meant to check out the one about Anno as well in the future.
Yup, only a single volume for the English release going by the original announcement (though the JP release being in two volumes might be the source of some confusion)
SonicSP

Also shouldn't this be in Anime and Manga board? Maybe some people there might know more.
Mafty

Yeah, sorry about that I didn't realize until after I posted it was in the wrong folder.
Underrated GM Custom

PowerdGNFlag wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:29 pm Yup, only a single volume for the English release going by the original announcement (though the JP release being in two volumes might be the source of some confusion)
Oh, so is the english release combining Vol 1 & 2, or is Vol 2 coming out at a later date?
PowerdGNFlag

Underrated GM Custom wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:13 pm
PowerdGNFlag wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:29 pm Yup, only a single volume for the English release going by the original announcement (though the JP release being in two volumes might be the source of some confusion)
Oh, so is the english release combining Vol 1 & 2, or is Vol 2 coming out at a later date?
From the preorder listings it combined both JP volumes into one EN volume.
Underrated GM Custom

Awesome!! I'll put in an order, I've always wanted to finish that one.