Miscellaneous Gundam contributions

Lineart, documentation and archive corrections can be submitted here.
Destroy Gundam
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Post by Destroy Gundam » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:11 pm

The thing that confuses me about the Dom Cannon, or at least the K-2 model, is that I've never seen it with the 120mm machine gun in Crossfire. It carries the 105mm machinegun as one of its main weapons, though.

Is the Dom Cannon's loadout slightly different in the Japanese/European version of the game, or is this just a error of some sort?
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.

bilbros
Creepy Bishonen

Post by bilbros » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:46 pm

Thank you for the information...I guess it's simply an error.

I based my previous on the armaments already listed by MAHQ under the
Target in Sight profiles, but checking on the official website, now I've found the following armaments:
Knuckle
Heat saber
105mm machine gun
MMP-80 machine gun
3-tube rocket laucnher
Shotgun
Cannon
Arm guard
By the way, for the RGM-79FP the same source has the following armaments:
Beam spear
100mm machine gun
Bullpop machine gun
Beam gun
Hand grenade
Shield
So I think this would integrate what previously reported.

toysdream
Master of Mecha

Post by toysdream » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:40 pm

bilbros wrote:By the way, for the RGM-79FP the same source has the following armaments:
Beam spear
100mm machine gun
Bullpop machine gun
Beam gun
Hand grenade
Shield
I think that should be "bullpup machine gun." For what it's worth, the HG-UC GM Striker kit indicates that the detailed height/weight/output/thrust specs apply to the regular type (not the test version) and lists its armament as follows: 100mm machine gun, head vulcans, spike shield, twin beam spear, and beam saber. The kit manual claims that the visor is designed so as not to obstruct the head vulcans, no matter what it looks like. :-)

-- Mark

AmuroNT1
Oblivious Harem Loser

Post by AmuroNT1 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:36 pm

bilbros wrote:As a side note, Hajime Katoki already designed a slightly different Beam Bazooka-mounting GP02A for his Gundam Fix Figuration # 0008 action figure.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I always heard that the backstory for the original beam bazooka was that the Feddies made it so they could use the GP02 without all the nasty fallout (pun not intended) of using the atomic bazooka.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power

toysdream
Master of Mecha

Post by toysdream » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:20 pm

AmuroNT1 wrote:Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I always heard that the backstory for the original beam bazooka was that the Feddies made it so they could use the GP02 without all the nasty fallout (pun not intended) of using the atomic bazooka.
The backstory in the HG-UC kit manual says that the Delaz Fleet planned to give the GP02 a beam bazooka after the attack on the naval review, so they could keep using it for the rest of Operation Stardust. That's the one and only explanation they've ever given (at least for the Harmony of Gundam version, and the GFF package text doesn't explain where its beam bazooka came from).

-- Mark

Nightwing03
OMG Doomsday Laser

Post by Nightwing03 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:02 am

Since everyone forgot about the Katoki Pyscho Gundam in the other thread ill just post it here.
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6652 ... rkahg1.jpg
♣♦♠♥

toysdream
Master of Mecha

Post by toysdream » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:40 am

Nightwing03 wrote:Since everyone forgot about the Katoki Pyscho Gundam in the other thread ill just post it here.
That's just line art for the Gundam Fix Figuration toy. I think toy and model art is slated to get its own category in the next reorganization of the index pages.

-- Mark

Kavik Ryx
Monster of the Week

Post by Kavik Ryx » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:07 pm

I have no idea if this is true or not, but I found this image that is supposed to be the MSN 01 Kikeroga.
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc25 ... keroga.gif

AmuroNT1
Oblivious Harem Loser

Post by AmuroNT1 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:46 pm

Pretty sure that's the Kikeroga; it matches its appearance in G Generation F at the very least. Too bad it's not clearer.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Kavik Ryx
Monster of the Week

Post by Kavik Ryx » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:02 pm

My ability to touch up images is not so great, though I was able ti get the image larger and put it on a white canvas.
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc25 ... roga-2.jpg
Last edited by Kavik Ryx on Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strike Zero
Busty Fanservice Captain

Post by Strike Zero » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:08 pm

Kavik Ryx wrote:My ability to touch up images is not so great, though I was able ti get the image larger and put it on a white canvas.
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc25 ... roga-1.jpg
No offense intended Kavik, but I think MAHQ would be better off using the original image. The very sight of the resized one made me gag.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.

AmuroNT1
Oblivious Harem Loser

Post by AmuroNT1 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:43 pm

Too bad there's no way to vector the image into something halfway decent.

asterphage
Newtype Emo Guy

Post by asterphage » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:09 pm

There's a tiny but fairly clear image here:
http://www002.upp.so-net.ne.jp/BASARA/l ... eroga.html
I'm going to see what I can do about it.

To digress from the topic of MAHQ contributions for a moment, here's some fanart to satisfy your "What would it look like?" desires:
http://fellows.freespace.jp/ART-MANIA/C ... MSN-01.htm
-Paul Segal

Gelgoog Jager
Retconned MSV Ace

Post by Gelgoog Jager » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:24 pm

I was watching the episode of Z Gundam where they run into a wrecked Gwazine. While they are fighting outside the ship, Katz fires a single missile at Yazan's Gaplant. Behind his Gaplant there's a wrecked Zaku II.

Since the wrecked Gwazine is included in the profile, shouldn't the Zaku II also be added to the MS of the Principality of Zeon in the Z Gundam section?

mcred23
Traitor Villain

Post by mcred23 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:02 pm

Gelgoog Jäger wrote:I was watching the episode of Z Gundam where they run into a wrecked Gwazine. While they are fighting outside the ship, Katz fires a single missile at Yazan's Gaplant. Behind his Gaplant there's a wrecked Zaku II.

Since the wrecked Gwazine is included in the profile, shouldn't the Zaku II also be added to the MS of the Principality of Zeon in the Z Gundam section?
Are you sure it's a Zaku II? I pulled out my DVD to check and while the suit in question does look like a Zaku, I think a positive ID of it may not be possible.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')

Gelgoog Jager
Retconned MSV Ace

Post by Gelgoog Jager » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:10 pm

The spike armor is the one that mainly points it as a Zaku rather than a Gelgoog. There's also it's "skirt" and the head that also looks like the one of the Zaku.

mcred23
Traitor Villain

Post by mcred23 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:55 pm

A couple of minor things for the MSG Novels section, as I'm currently rereading the novel and noticed some things the section doesn't. I'll note the pages (As they are in the newer Stone Bridge Press version) or parts of the novels in which they appear if anyone wants to double check.

The Coral-class is listed in the novel as being a heavy-cruiser, not a battleship (Page 179).

The MAN-03 Braw Bro should be listed, while Challia Bull still as it's pilot (Pages 408 to 435).

For the basic MS-09R Rick Dom, the pilot listing should include Challia Bull, Leroy Gilliam, and Cramble (Various parts of Escalation and and Confrontation).

At least one additional Salamis class cruiser is listed in the novel, the Trichigen (Page 204).

Finally, the Federation is said to have two carriers, the Trafalgar and Garibaldi, that each carry 60 space fighters (Page 179). However, that's all we know about these ships based on the novels (Meaning we may not know what there class is or anything else about them, other than what I mentioned).

Kavik Ryx
Monster of the Week

Post by Kavik Ryx » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:59 pm

If I remember correctly, Dozle still piloted the Big Zam in the third book.

mcred23
Traitor Villain

Post by mcred23 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:11 pm

Kavik Ryx wrote:If I remember correctly, Dozle still piloted the Big Zam in the third book.
Yep, Dozle Zabi did take the Big Zam up, and it was destroyed on Page 354.

Also, searching for that led me to a few other items of note, namely a Dolos-class ship named the Midro being mentioned on Page 345. Gattle fighter-bombers are also mentioned several times, is the Medea and Columbus classes for the Federation, along with the Flying Manta fighter-bomber.

Last, there is Dozle's flagship, the Gandow, but, like a number of ships mentioned in the novel (Such as Revil's flagship the Drog, Kycilia's Swamel, which I can't find it's being called Zanzibar in the novels, and the previously mentioned carriers) it's class doesn't seem to be given.

Kavik Ryx
Monster of the Week

Post by Kavik Ryx » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:13 pm

I remember one other one, Garma had a fleet of Gaw bombers.