Miscellaneous Gundam contributions

Lineart, documentation and archive corrections can be submitted here.
Cardi Doorl
Traitor Villain

Post by Cardi Doorl » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:34 pm

...provided by After War Gundam X official website, Comic Bonbon Special 111 Mobile New Century Gundam X Official MS Catalogue, Keibunsha After War Gundam X Mobile Suit Collection and Take Shobo The Gundam Chronicles - The History of Mobile Suit Gundam Animations 1979-1999.
I notice you frequently refer to several sources with long, long, unabridged titles like this. Perhaps it'd be best if your posts had numbered footnotes rather than huge blocks of source names that make notes into a cumbersome read?
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!

toysdream
Master of Mecha

Post by toysdream » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:27 pm

First, the Zanscare stuff...
bilbros wrote:Gwigsy
Notes: On Take Shobo The Gundam Chronicles - The History of Mobile Suit Gundam Animations 1979-1999 this odd-looking mecha is termed defence machine, whereas on Mediaworks MS Encyclopedia 2003 it isn't presented at all. I wonder if it can be considered a true Mobile Weapon, or if it would be better to list it under the "Vehicles and Support Units" heading.
Dengeki Entertainment Bible 1 and Data Collection 12 describe it as "small type mobile suit," so I guess it would be a mobile weapon of sorts.
Contio ZM-S14S
Notes: Some sources more or less explicitly refer to the Early Production Type or Prototype unit (with the beam shield placed on the elbow) as ZMT-S14S.
That's correct, but it's the ZMT-S14S prototype that has the beam shield installed in its wrist, while the ZM-S14S mass production type has it on the forearm close to the elbow.
bilbros wrote:ZM-S22G Imperial Rig Shokew
Notes: Although on Mediaworks MS Encyclopedia 2003 the model number is reported as ZM-S22G, on Take Shobo The Gundam Chronicles - The History of Mobile Suit Gundam Animations 1979-1999 this MS is labeled ZM-S22SC.
Yep, same goes for the Newtype 100% Collection, although Dengeki Entertainment Bible 2 and the current MS Encyclopedia list it as ZM-S22G. Perhaps there's always been some confusion on this one.
Gattarl class "Kou" & Gattarl class "Ohtu"
Notes: I don't know why MAHQ lists these battle bikes as "Gattarl class"; surely they're used by Gaddarl squadron [original katakana: GAtsuDA-RU; sometimes transliterated as Gattarl] leaded by Docker Iq.
On Mediaworks MS Encyclopedia 2003 and Take Shobo The Gundam Chronicles - The History of Mobile Suit Gundam Animations 1979-1999 they're presented together with ZMT-A03G Galicson, and they're respectively named Battle Bike Kou Type (where "Kou" is a kanji meaning "former") and Battle Bike Otsu Type (where "Otsu" is a kanji meaning "latter"). These three mechas are all qualified as Bike-type mobile weapons (long ago I found a reference calling them Mobile Bike), and this can lead to think that they could be listed under the "Mobile Weapon" rather than "Vehicles and Support Units" heading.
I agree with you on the names - these have always been referred to as "Battle Bikes," and the Newtype 100% Collection identifies them by the more English-friendly monikers "Battle Bike A Type" and "Battle Bike B Type." Perhaps whoever named the MAHQ profiles simply misread "Gattarl team" as "Gattarl class," since the kanji are vaguely similar. Although they're way smaller than the Galicson, which is classified as a mobile armor, Dengeki Entertainment Bible 1 and Data Collection 12 describe the battle bikes as "bike-type mobile weapons."

Nothing to add on Gundam X, where your thoroughness is truly impressive. :-)

-- Mark

Deacon Blues
OMG Doomsday Laser

Post by Deacon Blues » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:20 pm

I'll just make a correction/add some information a la the Under the Moonlight Manga:

Himalayas class: ~200m (Space Eye/224m)
Tian Shan class: ~200m
Andes class: ~180m
Alps class: ~150m (Freeden/132m, Mirage/132m)
Rocky class: ~120m
Pyrenees class: ~100m (Rose Rose/100m)

bilbros
Creepy Bishonen

Post by bilbros » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:02 pm

Thanks everybody.
Concerning the excessive length of several sources in my previous posts, from now onwards I'll refer to them with a "reduced" title, in order to improve readability.
Before starting the new additions, a little precisation on ZM-S14S and ZMT-S14S Contio beam shield location.

toysdream wrote:
That's correct, but it's the ZMT-S14S prototype that has the beam shield installed in its wrist, while the ZM-S14S mass production type has it on the forearm close to the elbow.
Well, according to Take Shobo The Gundam Chronicles (see image below) and MAHQ profile (see quote below), it's exactly the contrary: so does this means that the mentioned sources are wrong?
(MAHQ profile):
Contio's beam shield was originally located behind the left arm's wrist in early production models, but this left the left manipulator hand exposed, and the beam shield was moved to the side of the left forearm in later units.
* Lineart (as you can see, the caption says: "on the left the mass production type, on the right the prototype".)
http://img44.imagevenue.com/img.php?ima ... _729lo.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now, let's go on with the "standard" weekly contributions (as you've probably guessed, I'm following the same series order used by MAHQ main listing).

G-Saviour

Illuminati/Side 8 Gaia Settlement Defense Forces

Vehicles and Support Units

Nimbus
Unit type: space transport ship
Overall length: about 120 meters
Notes: This is the space vessel used to transport the G-Saviour from Side 4 (New Manhattan settlement) to Side 8 (Gaia settlement). If I'm not wrong, this is vessel is used also by general Garneaux to escape from Gaia near the end of the show.
The length datum comes from the novel version.
* Lineart
http://img103.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... 1153lo.jpg

CONSENT (Congress of Settlement Nations)

MS Carrier (unofficial name)
Unit type: MS transport ship
Overall length: about 400 meters
Mobile suits: at least 27
Mobile weapons: CAMS-13 MS-Rai x 1; CAMW-13 MW-Rai x 24; CCMS-03 Bugu x 2
Notes: According to the novel (from which I took also the length datum and the MS capacity), this is the newest and most powerful CONSENT spaceship. It's used by Jack Halle and general Garneaux to attack Gaia after the "accidental" destruction of the Ulysses operated by the settlement automatyc defence systems.
* image (screenshot)
http://img181.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _136lo.jpg

Shuttle (unofficial name)
Notes: This is the space shuttle used by Mark Curran, Cynthia Graves, Kobi and Dieter to escape from Sturges air base and head to Side 4 (New Manhattan settlement).
* illustration by Masahisa Suzuki (from the novel version)
http://img173.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _744lo.jpg

Ulysses
Unit type: destroyer
Notes: This is the spaceship "accidentally" destroyed by the Side 8 automatyc defence systems.
No image avaible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gundam Evolve

Earth Federation Forces/Titans/Londo Bell

Mobile Weapons

RMS-117 Galbaldy β
Notes: On the Gundam Evolve page (but not on other series pages nor on the corresponding mecha profile) there's a typo, therefore the final "ß" (=eszett, i.e. German symbol for double "s") should be replaced by a "β" (=beta).

Principality of Zeon/Neo Zeon

Mobile Weapons

MS-06F Zaku II
Notes: In Evolve series two kinds of Zaku II appear: the standard-animation ones of Gundam Evolve 1, and the Neo Zeon unit (equipped beam bazooka and with a design reminding MS-06F2) from Gundam Evolve 10. Now, MAHQ lists only the latter, with a link to a profile on its own. For the sake of consistence (and completeness too), I think that this profile should be "incorporated" into that of the normal MS-06F, as already done for instance with the RX-78-2 Gundam.

MS-14F Gelgoog Marine
Notes: As already noted by Zeis and Wingnut about a month ago in another thread of this forum, Gelgoogs featuring in Gundam Evolve 4 are actually MS-14F models. At least one of them has a commander antenna, so I guess that MS-14Fs Gelgoog Marine Commander Type should be listed too.
* image (screenshots, note the unit with commander antenna)
http://img20.imagevenue.com/img.php?ima ... _612lo.jpg

Shuttle
Unit type: ? (hard to classify)
Notes: This is the strange "capsule"-like vessel featuring at the beginning of Gundam Evolve 10 and containing the AMX-004-2 Qubeley Mark II. The name "shuttle" comes from the brief story summary reported by Gundam Evolve official website.
* image (screenshot)
http://img128.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _142lo.jpg

AEUG (Anti-Earth Union Group)

Mobile Weapons

MSZ-010S ZZ-GR
Notes: During Gundam Evolve 10 Judau Ashta receives from his mothership a new Core Base module for the ZZ-GR. Since MAHQ profile doesn't have the image of the MS formed by this new component (which differs from the old one for backpack and legs) I think it would be useful to post it
* image (CG)
http://img19.imagevenue.com/img.php?ima ... 1093lo.jpg
* Lineart (G-Fortress mode)
http://img139.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _420lo.jpg

Irish class
Notes: It leads the small fleet sent to intercept the QRX-006 Geminus at the beginning of Gundam Evolve 9.
* image (screenshot)
http://img192.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _499lo.jpg

Jupitris class (Jupitris II)
Notes: It's clearly seen in Gundam Evolve 10, both at the beginning and towards the end.
* image (screenshot)
http://img167.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... 1140lo.jpg

Salamis Kai class
Notes: Three units in pale green AEUG colors features at the beginning of Gundam Evolve 9, while another unit (this time in standard Earth Federation Forces/Titans colors) is seen near the Argama in Gundam Evolve 12.
* image (screenshot from Evolve 9)
http://img126.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _875lo.jpg
* image (screenshot from Evolve 12)
http://img154.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _663lo.jpg

Mark064
Monster of the Week

Post by Mark064 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:09 pm

bilbros wrote:MS-06F Zaku II
Now, MAHQ lists only the latter, with a link to a profile on its own. For the sake of consistence (and completeness too), I think that this profile should be "incorporated" into that of the normal MS-06F, as already done for instance with the RX-78-2 Gundam.
It was done for simplilcity since the MS-06F had different stats showing they did have some slight upgrades. The only two stats listed were the head height and empty weight while the empty weight turned out to be different. So to increase readability it's better then having the normal Zaku II profile filled with lines stating not Zaku II Evolve Type and so on.

Chris
Bald Wizard

Post by Chris » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:10 pm

bilbros wrote:MS-06F Zaku II
Notes: In Evolve series two kinds of Zaku II appear: the standard-animation ones of Gundam Evolve 1, and the Neo Zeon unit (equipped beam bazooka and with a design reminding MS-06F2) from Gundam Evolve 10. Now, MAHQ lists only the latter, with a link to a profile on its own. For the sake of consistence (and completeness too), I think that this profile should be "incorporated" into that of the normal MS-06F, as already done for instance with the RX-78-2 Gundam.
The decision to place this Evolve Zaku in its own profile was deliberate. Gundam Fact File lists it has having different specs from the standard F-Type Zaku, which is why we decided to give it its own profile rather than add it into the existing F-Type profile.
"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
Nintendo Network: mariomsz006

toysdream
Master of Mecha

Post by toysdream » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:59 pm

bilbros wrote:Well, according to Take Shobo The Gundam Chronicles (see image below) and MAHQ profile (see quote below), it's exactly the contrary: so does this means that the mentioned sources are wrong?
(MAHQ profile):
Contio's beam shield was originally located behind the left arm's wrist in early production models, but this left the left manipulator hand exposed, and the beam shield was moved to the side of the left forearm in later units.
* Lineart (as you can see, the caption says: "on the left the mass production type, on the right the prototype".)
http://img44.imagevenue.com/img.php?ima ... _729lo.jpg
The MAHQ profile is saying the same thing I did. What I referred to as the prototype, they call the "early production model," but we both agree that the beam shield was moved from the wrist to the forearm in later production models. This is also what it says in pretty much every Japanese source except The Gundam Chronicles.

So is The Gundam Chronicles just mistaken? The book is generally very accurate, but this could be one of the rare exceptions. But this may be more complicated than I initially thought.

Looking through other V Gundam books, it looks like the Contio's beam shield is forearm-mounted from pretty much its first appearance. It's possible that the wrist-mounted version shows up in episode 20, when the Contio makes its onscreen debut, and never appears again; or perhaps The Gundam Chronicles is right and every other source is wrong; or perhaps the wrist shield is a rejected "NG" (No Good) design that was never used in the animation at all. It's hard to say for sure without checking the actual animation.

-- Mark

Mark064
Monster of the Week

Post by Mark064 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:44 pm

Well I checked the actual animation while the Contio does make it's onscreen debut in episode 20 this is extremly brief and unhelpful. The Contio is just getting prepared for Cronicle but isn't ready yet. Halfway through episode 21 the Contio actually launches but never activates it's beam shield. This is the only shot I was able to find in the episode of it's left arm which looks like it's on it's wrist. The Contio and Cronicle next appearance is in episode 24 however it looks like the locaiton has changed to the forearm as per this picture.

bilbros
Creepy Bishonen

Post by bilbros » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:13 pm

Good job, Mark064! Actually, it seems that this beam shield location "dualism" for the Contio is present also on Bandai 1/144 scale kit, since the box art apparently shows the beam shield emitter on the wrist, while the model itself clearly has it on the forearm.

But now it's time for new contributions, including some questions.

Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO: The Hidden One Year War

Principality of Zeon

Mobile Weapons

YMT-05 Hildolfr
Notes: Its name literally means "Battle Wolf", and in Norse mythology it's one of the appellatives (or, according to other sources, son) of the deity Odin, lord of Asgard.

Gwazine class (high end model)
Notes: As far as I know, all the so-called "high end model", both in The Hidden One Year War and Apocalypse 0079 (Chivvay class, Gaw, Gwazine class, Musai class, Papua class, Magellan class, Salamis class) are actually simple redesgin, and they are not intended to be upgraded versions as their name would imply. On MS IGLOO official website, as well as on Bandai 1/1700 scale EX models (Salamis & Magellan; Musai), the "high end model" part of the name is missing. So where does this designation come from?

Jotunheim
Notes: In Norse mythology its name identified the world of Ice and Rock Giants, which is separated from Midgard (the Earth) by high mountains and dense forests.
As seen in Apocalypse 0079 episode 2, among the units embarked on this ship there's at least one OP-02c Observation Pod, a sort of experimental space buoy made up of scrap parts from other units (e.g. a Zaku mono-eye, used as recon camera), which transmits its observation via laser system communication. It's briefly described and figured both on MS IGLOO official website and on Apocalypse 0079 episode 2 DVD booklet.
* OP-02c image (screenshot)
http://img44.imagevenue.com/img.php?ima ... _769lo.jpg

QCX-76A Jormungand
Notes: In Norse mythology Jormungand is a huge sea serpent, living in the ocean surrounding Midgard.

Shuttle
Notes: The name reported by MS IGLOO official website for this small spaceboat is Data-gathering Launch. If I'm not wrong, on Enter Brain MS IGLOO book it's called Observation-Pod (in Western alphabet) or Small Type Observation Boat (in Japanese).

Earth Federation Forces

Mobile Weapons

MS-06S Zaku II Commander Type
Notes: I imagine that this is intended to be the Zaku II piloted by Federico Zariano, commander of the Semovente squad seen in episode 2. As in other instances, I suppose that the MS-06S designation comes from official sources...On MS IGLOO official website and on Bandai Museum special 1/144 HGUC model kit (both vaguely indicated as MS-06 Zaku II) it's treated together with the other MS-06JC, and indeed (unless explicit indications of the contrary, such as different specs) I think that this might be simply considered a normal JC unit with forehead antenna.

Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO: Apocalypse 0079

Principality of Zeon

Mobile Weapons

MA-05 Bigro
Notes: On YouTube I saw a video (actually, a sort of promo trailer) composed by animation from episode 3, in which at least four MA-05 are seen amidst the fleet defending A Baoa Qu. I'm not sure if this footage is part of the episode or not (maybe it's the opening)...in any case, I post a screenshot from it.
* image (screenshot)
http://img44.imagevenue.com/img.php?ima ... 1021lo.jpg

MS-05B Zaku I
Notes: In the above-mentioned video, during the fight on the surface of A Baoa Qu, an MS-05B shoots some GM Kais. Since this mecha is clearly depicted also by MS IGLOO official website, I assume it should be listed by MAHQ.
* image (from official website)
http://img176.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _591lo.jpg
* image (screenshot)
http://img193.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... 2_29lo.jpg

MS-06F Zaku II
Notes: Standard space use Zaku IIs feature in episode 3, during the battle of A Baoa Qu. A black-colored unit, used for recon purposes is briefly seen in episode 2, as explained both on MS IGLOO official website and on Apocalypse 0079 episode 2 DVD booklet.
* image (screenshot from episode 3)
http://img159.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... 1179lo.jpg
* image (screenshot from episode 3; note also the Gelgoog equipped with high mobility backpack)
http://img169.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _692lo.jpg
* image (black-colored recon unit; screenshot from episode 2)
http://img104.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _755lo.jpg

MS-14 Gelgoog
Notes: As already noted by Zeis and toysdream about a month ago in another thread of this forum, Gelgoogs appearing on episodes 2 and 3 are identical to MS-14B High Mobility Gelgoog, despite on official sources their designation is MS-14 Gelgoog. Does this label mean they are intended to be different models, albeit externally indistinguishable from MS-14B?

Muspelheim
Notes: In Norse mythology this name indicates the world of fire, home of the Fire Giants.

Earth Federation Forces

Mobile Weapons

RB-79C Ball Type C
Notes: As far as I can see, Balls featuring in episode 2 are identical (except markings) to those seen in The Hidden One Year War episode 3. So why MAHQ identifies them respectively as RB-79C and RB-79? I assume it depends from the caliber of their cannon (120mm vs 180mm), and that this information comes from official sources... On Bandai 1/100 scale Master Grade model (which represnts the "Shark Mouth" units) and MS IGLOO official website they are all designated as RB-79 Ball, but, as already evidenced, labels given by this latter source are sometimes vague.
Surely, all Balls seen in MS IGLOO series differ more or less markedly in design from their originary animation counterparts. Comparing for instance the RB-79K from Apocalypse 0079 episode 2 (identical, cannon aside, from the remaining already mentioned units) and the one featuring in The 08th MS Team episode 1, we see that the "shoulders" (i.e. the part connecting the arms to the main hull) and the front "bars" (placed above or below the main "window") are quite different. The same also apply when we compare the RB-79 / RB-79C from MS IGLOO with those of Mobile Suit Gundam, Evolve episode 11, Gundam Sentinel 0079 and 0083.

Gundam Crisis

Principality of Zeon

Mobile Weapons

MS-06 High Mobility Test Type Zaku
Notes: Another "probably official-but-surely-misleading" designation, since this is quite obviously a re-colored (and slightly redesigned) unit of MSN-01 High Mobility Psycommu System Zaku from MSV.

On the presentation image (see below) of the Gundam Crisis official website the following mecha can be seen (in addition to those already listed by MAHQ):

MAN-03 Braw Bro
MAN-08 Elmeth
MS-14S (YMS-14) Gelgoog Commander Type (in Char Aznable's colors)

RGM-79 GM (Jack Bayard & Adam Stingray units)
RX-77-2 Guncannon
RX-78-2 Gundam
FF-S3 Saberfish
FF-X7-Bst Core Booster
Fuji class (Salamis Kai) (SCRT-229 Suruga)
Pegasus class (White Base)
SCRT-229-3 Escape Launch

http://img109.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _718lo.jpg

The brief background story reported by the same source mentions also Balls, Zakus and Rick Doms.
At least some of the above-listed units are surely showed by the original animations of the attraction (e.g. RX-78-2, which furthermore is present as a 1/1 scale model), but I don't know if all these mecha really appear in a more proper sense.

Gundam the Ride: A Baoa Qu

Earth Federation Forces

Mobile Weapons

RX-78-3 Gundam "G-3"
Notes: It's very briefly seen at the end of the show, inside the hangar of the Blanc Rival. I can post only a low-quality screenshot, in which its legs are visbile. I've found also an art more clearly reproducing a similar scene, but its provenance and official status are unknown; in any case I post it as well.
The presence of Gundam "G-3" on the Blanc Rival is confirmed by Hobby Japan November 2000 issue, p.89, where it's said that during Operation Star One this Pegasus class ship embarks an RX-78-3 plus some RX-77D and RGM-79SP. Moreover, since there's a Bandai Mobile Suit In Action toy explicitely reproducing the RX-78-3 from Gundam The Ride, we can conclude that this MS actually appears in the series.
* image (screenshot)
http://img192.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _378lo.jpg
* art (perhaps unofficial; unknown source)
http://img179.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _337lo.jpg

That's all for today...Next time: MSV series.
8)

Deacon Blues
OMG Doomsday Laser

Post by Deacon Blues » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:40 pm

The reason why the Muspelheim hasn't been added is because the class of carrier that the Jotunheim and the Muspelheim are apart of has yet to be confirmed.

bilbros
Creepy Bishonen

Post by bilbros » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:55 pm

Deacon Blues Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:40 pm
The reason why the Muspelheim hasn't been added is because the class of carrier that the Jotunheim and the Muspelheim are apart of has yet to be confirmed.
Well, concerning Muspelheim, it's already present on MAHQ Apocalypse 0079 listings, with a profile on its own. :)
I've only reported its name derivation.

bilbros
Creepy Bishonen

Post by bilbros » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:01 pm

Another quite long contribution.. :)

MSV (Mobile Suit Variations)

Principality of Zeon

Mobile Weapons

EMS-05 Agg
Notes: Since on MAHQ profile the version equipped with missile launchers is mentioned, but without image, I post a Kunio Okawara drawing for it (this color scheme was recently re-used in Zeonography #3009a action figure).
http://img147.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... 1034lo.jpg

MS-05A Zaku I Early Type
Notes: In the current MAHQ version this MS is listed only for Mobile Suit Gundam 0079: Zeonic Front, but its existence dates back to the MSV books, where this mecha is explicitely described and depicted (incidentally, its coloring is identical to that of Bandai 1/100 scale MS-05 Zaku Old Type Real Type model kit). Therefore, MS-05A should be added also to this series.
http://img187.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _440lo.jpg

MS-06F Zaku II Dozle Zabi Custom
Notes: Although in original publications as Kodansha MSV Collection this unit is explicitely labeled as MS-06F, subsequent sources (e.g. Entertainment Bible 1, Entertainment Bible 46, MS Encyclopedia 2003, but also Gundam Models Manual 2 and Dengeki Hobby Magazine July 2007 issue) more frequently tend to consider it a customized version of MS-06S. But, to increase confusion, I observe that this latter designation is not generalized, since in other instances (e.g. Encounters in Space and Gihren's Greed: Record of Zeon Independence War video games; Bandai Mobile Suit In Action toy) Dozle Zabi's personal Zaku is reported as MS-06F.

MS-06R-2 Zaku II High Mobility Type
Notes. On MAHQ profile the pictures of Gabby Hazard colors and Robert Gilliam colors are switched. As pointed out by toysdream some time ago, this confusion between Gilliam's MS-06R-2 (which is blue and yellow) and Hazard's one (which is brown and black) was present on some old publications, such as the Televi Magazine poster Mobile Suit Gundam New MSV. In particular, the image on MAHQ profile of the brown and black unit (wrongly labeled "Robert Gilliam colors") seems to come exactly from this poster, where the commander antenna of this MS is partially covered. Therefore I submit here a better picture.
* image (Gabby Hazard colors)
http://img18.imagevenue.com/img.php?ima ... _869lo.jpg

MS-14B Gelgoog High Mobility Type
Notes: The picture presented by MAHQ profile of Johnny Ridden's Gelgoog lacks the forehead antenna, just like the box art of the Bandai 1/144 scale kit. However, the original model kit istelf, as well as most subsequent publications (e.g. Entertainment Bible 1, MS Encyclopedia 2003), video games (e.g. Gihren's Greed, Encounters in Space) and model/toys (e.g. Bandai 1/100 Master Grade model, Bandai Zeonography #3006a and Mobile Suit In Action action figures) depict it with commander antenna. The most obvious explanation is that the antenna is an option... in any case, I post here an image with antenna.
http://img104.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _633lo.jpg

MS-14C Gelgoog Cannon
Notes: Since on MAHQ profile there isn't a picture for Johnny Ridden's MS-14C, I submit here an original drawing from the already-mentioned Televi Magazine Mobile Suit Gundam New MSV poster.
http://img145.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _829lo.jpg

[/b]MSM-04G Juagg[/b]
Notes: On MAHQ profile, in the headings of the button pictures there's a typo, therefore "Camoflauge colors" should be replaced by " Camouflage colors ".

MSM-04N Agguguy
Notes: The image on MAHQ profile is showed under the MSV sections of Entertainment Bible 1 and MS Encyclopedia 2003, but, as far as I know, it represents only the color scheme seen in Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ episode 40, rather than the true Kunio Okawara version, which, on the other hand, is reproduced for instance by Bandai original model kits. Here I post a picture of it.
Curiously, most of the MSV presented by the afore-mentioned books [e.g. MS-06K, MS-06M (replaced by an RMS-192M in Entertainment Bible 1), MS-06V, MS-07H, MSM-08, RGC-80, RGM-79SC, etc.] are depicted in their animation (Z or ZZ) coloring.
* image (original model kit colors)
http://img178.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _582lo.jpg
* image (alternative colors with Z'Gok-type claws)
http://img151.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _992lo.jpg

MSM-08 Zogok
Notes: Same as above... Here I post a picture of the original MSV version as reproduced by Bandai model kits, plus another Kunio Okawara color scheme (recently re-used in Zeonography #3009a action figure).
* image (original model kit colors)
http://img151.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _941lo.jpg
* image (alternative colors)
http://img148.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _895lo.jpg

Earth Federation Forces

Mobile Weapons

PF-78-1 Perfect Gundam
Notes: Although this MS was originarily introduced by Plamo-kyo Shiro manga, it was subsequently released in the Bandai MSV line of model kits, and therefore I think it should be listed under this series too.
Incidentally, the original Plamo-kyo Shiro version had some differences (for instance its legs are blue and white rather than red and yellow) compared to that belonging to MSV. For this latter, in turn, two variants exist:
1) 1/144 scale model kit coloring (white torso and red skirt);
2) 1/100 scale model kit coloring (red torso and white skirt); this is the most familiar color scheme, reproduced by nearly all subsequent model kits (e.g. Bandai 1/100 scale Master Grade), garage kits (e.g. B-Club 1/144 scale HGUC conversion parts) and action figures (e.g. Bandai Gundam Fix Figuration #0002).

RMV-1 Guntank II
Notes: I don't have a safe evidence of it, but I suspect that the picture reported by MAHQ as "Alternate colors" is the original Kunio Okawara coloring.

RX-77-3 Guncannon Heavy Arms Type
Notes: I submit here a drawing from the already-mentioned Televi Magazine Mobile Suit Gundam New MSV poster. As above, I tend to suppose that this coloring is the original Kunio Okawara one.
http://img161.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... 1064lo.jpg

FF-6 TIN Cod
Notes: Similarly to Zeon amphibious MSV, the picture on MAHQ profile shows only the coloring seen in Mobile Suit Z Gundam episode 12. Therefore, here I post an image for the original MSV camouflage colors, as depicted for instance by the box art of Bandai 1/144 scale RX-77-4 model kit.
http://img181.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... 2_24lo.jpg

FF-S3 Saberfish
Notes: Same as above; the original MSV color scheme can be seen for instance on the box art of Bandai 1/144 scale MS-14B model kit. There's also a picture of the booster-less version of this fighter, labeled FF-3, coming from a more recent Keibunsha MSV Collection File card.
* image (FF-S3)
http://img131.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... 2_67lo.jpg
* image (FF-3)
http://img18.imagevenue.com/img.php?ima ... 1184lo.jpg

Just one final addiction: as far as I know, the original MSV books and model kit manuals mention many other mecha (both Mobile Weapons and Vehicles and Support Units), mostly with more or less brief descriptions, but without images. Some of them subsequently were given their own picture and became part of series as M-MSV or Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story: From Place Beyond the Blaze, while others remain only a little more than obscure curiosities.
I wonder if they can be technically considered as MSV (i.e. original designs)... after all, their status is roughly similar to that of more "traditional" Mobile Suit Variations, as for instance MS-06T.
Anyway, for the sake of completeness, I list them here (first Zeon, then EFF units):

MS-01

MS-02

MS-03

MS-04

MS-06J-12 [development prototype project, eventually changed into MS-06K]

MS-06R-3 Zaku III [mentioned as development project]

MS-06S Zaku II Commander Type (Black Tri-Stars colors)

MS-07C-1 [first representative of the C type Gouf series; some unofficial sources call it Gouf Heavy Arms Prototype]

MS-07C-2

MS-07C-4 [some unofficial sources call it Gouf Heavy Arms Type Kai]

MS-07D [desert use version, piloted by Carmice Rom]

MS-07H-2 [it mounts detachable fuel tanks for an increased flight range; some unofficial sources call it Gouf Flight Test Type Kai]

MSN-03 [planned as a successor of MSN-02 Perfect Zeong, it would have been capable of performing all range attacks from 7 different body blocks]

Gwazine class (Zwamel) [reported as missing after the end of the Battle of A Baoa Qu]

Jukon class (U-48) [unit assigned to the Sea Serpent Submarine Squadron]

Musai class (Lemuria) [mothership for the Bishop project units (MS-06Z and MSN-01)]

Musai class (Primus) [flagship of the 8th patrol fleet (Primus fleet), it embarks Johnny Ridden's MS-06R-2]

Zanzibar class (Chimera) [flagship of the Ace Corps fleet]

RTX-44
Unit type: prototype anti-MS fighting vehicle
Overall weight: 97 metric tons
Armament: 240mm cannon x 2, anti-air rocket launcher x 4

RX-78 unit 4 to 8 [MSV sources say that eight Gundams were produced at Jaburo base, with unit 4 and 5 being deployed during Operation Star One and units from 6 to 8 remaining as testbeds; it seems likely that these are intended to be the models designated in M-MSV as RX-78-4, RX-78-5, RX-78-6, RX-78-7, plus the mysterious RX-78-8]

RX-81 [mentioned as development project]

RXM-1 [test type vehicle]

Antietam class [aircarrier based on the Columbus class]

Pegasus [actually White Base] class (SCV-69 Pegasus)

Pegasus [actually White Base] class (SCV-71 White Base Junior) [commissioned as White Base II]

Pegasus [actually "quasi-White Base"] class (SCVA-72 Thoroughbred)

Pegasus [actually "quasi-White Base"] class (SCVA-73 Troy Horse)

Pegasus [actually "quasi-White Base"] class (SCVA-74) [construction stopped when it was 40% completed; subsequent sources use this model number to designate the Stallion]

Concerning units without images: I don't want to seem too nitpicky, but I notice an unequal treatment among MAHQ MSV profiles lacking an official picture. In fact, two of them (MS-06T and RGC-80-1) have the "no picture available" indication, while for the remaining two (MS-06A and MS-06G) a custom lineart by Mark Simmons is shown (whereas, if I'm not wrong, former MAHQ versions used for all the 4 MSs at issue custom linearts by RancorClaw). Is there a particular reason for this?

MS-X

In my opinion, the format type reported by MAHQ for this series ("manga proposal/model kit series/original design series") is a bit strange, since as far as I know there is no original Bandai model kit from it... Sure, all MS-X mobile suits (with the possible exception of MS-12) were more or less recently released as garage kit (by B-Club and other minor manufacturers) and Bandai Gundam Fix Figuration / Zeonography action figures, but I don't think that this justifies the "model kit series" part of the format, which should be more properly referred to as "manga proposal/original design series".

By the way, the Televi Magazine Mobile Suit Gundam New MSV poster often quoted in my above MSV contribution, shows also mobile suits belonging to MS-X, and therefore I think it would be useful to submit it here. From top left one can recognize the following units (MS-X mechas are underlined):
- RGM-79L GM Light Armor
- RGM-79SC GM Sniper Custom
- Bustliner (alternate colors compared to that presented by MAHQ profile. On it there's a FA-78-1 in standard colors)
- TGM-79 GM Trainer
- RX-77-3 Guncannon Heavy Arms Type (alternate or perhaps originary colors)
- MS-14C Gelgoog Cannon Major (Johnny Ridden colors)
- RX-77-4 Guncannon II
- RX-78-3 Gundam "G-3" (alternate colors)
- FA-78-2 Heavy Gundam (alternate colors; black, white and red)
- FA-78-2 Heavy Gundam (another alternate coloring; white, black and yellow)
- MS-13 Gasshia (alternate colors; white)
- MS-13 Gasshia (alternate colors, but similar to the standard one; sea blue, white and black)
- MS-11 Act Zaku (alternate colors and different shoulders; blue and light blue with white "bands"; see notes below)
- MS-11 Act Zaku (alternate colors; light blue, white and black; see notes below)
- MS-12 Gigan (alternate colors; orange, white and black)
- MS-12 Gigan (another alternate coloring also with different head armor; green)
- MS-17 Galbaldy α (alternate colors, but similar to the standard one; olive greem white and orange)
- MS-17 Galbaldy α (red colors; maybe Char Aznable use)
- MS-10 Pezun Dowadge (alternate colors; black, red and white)
- MS-10 Pezun Dowadge (another alternate coloring; white and black)
- MS-06RP Zaku II High Mobility Test Type
- Skiure
- MS-06R-2 Zaku II High Mobility Type (Robert Gilliam colors; misidentified as Gabby Hazard colors)
- MS-06R-2 Zaku II High Mobility Type (Gabby Hazard colors; misidentified as Robert Gilliam colors)
* poster
http://img132.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _251lo.jpg

Earth Federation Forces

Colbet Booster [original katakana: KORUBEtsuTOBU-SUTA-]
Unit type: support mecha
Mechanical designer: Kunio Okawara
Notes: This is a flight option for the RGM-79 GM; it can mount weapon pods on the lower surface of its wings.
According to the 1/144 scale scratchbuilt model by Yukinari Nakayama appeared on Hobby Japan 390 (December 2001) its model number is SFU-X79, but I have no official confirmation of this.
http://img193.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _225lo.jpg

Lightliner [original katakana: RAITORAINA-]
Unit type: support mecha
Notes: Another flight option for the RGM-79 GM. In order to facilitate the storage inside transport planes, the wings of this hang-glider-like mecha can be folded.
http://img134.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _525lo.jpg

Principality of Zeon

Mobile Weapons

MS-11 Act Zaku
Notes: As far as I know, there are at least 4 color schemes for this mecha:
1) the one presented by MAHQ profile (black and blue, with yellow parts on the feet), which I found more commonly associated with Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam material, depicting the EFF units seen in episode 14;
2) another black and blue coloring, but without yellow parts on the feet; on most publications (e.g. Entertainment Bible 1, MS Encyclopedia 2003, Gundam Models Manual 2, Dengeki Hobby Magazine October 2003 issue), video games (e.g. Gihren's Greed: Blood of Zion; Encounters in Space) and garage kits (e.g. B-Club 1/144 scale) it's intended as belonging to Zeon forces;
3) light blue, white and black color scheme, with a "2" marking both on the left shoulder and central part of the skirt (I suppose this is the original Kunio Okawara one); a similar scheme was recently used in Zeonography # 3007 action figure;
4) blue and light blue with white "bands"; as far as I know this one is seen only on the Televi Magazine poster Mobile Suit Gundam New MSV.
I've found some unofficial sources claiming that four different Act Zaku models would have existed (YMS-11, MS-11A, MS-11B and MS-11J), but I don't know if this has some official confirmation and, in case, if they can be related to the above-mentioned four colorings.
* comparison image
http://img149.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _907lo.jpg

toysdream
Master of Mecha

Post by toysdream » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:31 pm

bilbros wrote:MS-06F Zaku II Dozle Zabi Custom
Notes: Although in original publications as Kodansha MSV Collection this unit is explicitely labeled as MS-06F, subsequent sources (e.g. Entertainment Bible 1, Entertainment Bible 46, MS Encyclopedia 2003, but also Gundam Models Manual 2 and Dengeki Hobby Magazine July 2007 issue) more frequently tend to consider it a customized version of MS-06S.
That was basically a long-running mistake, though. The 2006 edition of the MS Encyclopedia finally changed it back to "MS-06F."
RX-78 unit 4 to 8 [MSV sources say that eight Gundams were produced at Jaburo base, with unit 4 and 5 being deployed during Operation Star One and units from 6 to 8 remaining as testbeds; it seems likely that these are intended to be the models designated in M-MSV as RX-78-4, RX-78-5, RX-78-6, RX-78-7, plus the mysterious RX-78-8]
But the MSV sources never suggested these were completed as specialized machines; the other five RX-78 units were all supposed to be similar to the original three, which was why the FSWS project was launched in order to come up with a way to upgrade them. The idea that units 4 through 7 were actually uniquely customized was only introduced with Okawara's M-MSV series.
Colbet Booster [original katakana: KORUBEtsuTOBU-SUTA-]
I think that should probably be "Corvette Booster." The Kodansha book "Gunpla Generation" - which I think you'd probably find pretty fascinating, since it's full of archival material - claims that this and the Lightliner are actually very late MSV designs, created just before the shift to the MS-X series.

One other MS-X mecha, albeit one with no existing picture, would be the Federation Forces' "North Pole" class space carrier. The only thing we know about this carrier is that it could accommodate eight Bustliners.

-- Mark

bilbros
Creepy Bishonen

Post by bilbros » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:47 pm

Interesting and detailed comments as usual, toysdream!
By the way, does anybody have further information to confirm the existence of the mentioned MS-11 variations?

In the meantime..here's the new contribution. :)

Z-MSV (Z Gundam Mobile Suit Variations)

AEUG (Anti-Earth Union Group)/Karaba

Mobile Weapons

MSA-003N Nemo Kai
Unit type: high mobility mobile suit
Fixed armaments:
2 x 60mm vulcan gun (mounted in head)
beam cannon (mounted over left shoulder)
Optional hand armaments: beam machine gun with grenade launcher
Original mechanical designer: Kazumi Fujita
Notes: This is a modified version of MSA-003 Nemo, outfitted with Rick Dias-type binders in order to achieve higher mobility, and equipped with an upgraded power generator. Number of produced units, specs and other similar details are unknown.
Here I post a a Kazumi Fujita drawing, depicting this mecha together with a MSR-00100S Hyaku Shiki Kai
Mass Production Type: as you can see, MSA-003N it's very different from the Nemo Kai featuring in Under the Gundam: Double-Fake manga, and in fact I don't think they are intended to be the same model.
http://img147.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... 1175lo.jpg

MSA-004 Nemo II
Unit type: prototype attack use mobile suit
Fixed armaments:
2 x vulcan gun (mounted in head)
beam saber
Optional hand armaments: beam rifle
Original mechanical designer: Kazumi Fujita
Notes: This is the light armament prototype version of the MSA-004K Nemo III, developed by AEUG basing on Anaheim Electronics' MSA-003; compared to this latter, the power generator has been upgraded.
As far as I know, there's no official picture for it, but since the Nemo III is defined as an enhanced equipment type of the Nemo II, one must conclude that the two mobile suits don't differ much as per aspect. Thus I propose a custom made lineart.
In any case, I notice that this mecha is already mentioned by MAHQ on the Technical and Historical Notes section of MSA-004K, but it doesn't have a profile on its own.
* image (custom made lineart)
http://img166.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _687lo.jpg

ZZ-MSV (Gundam ZZ Mobile Suit Variations)

AEUG (Anti-Earth Union Group)

Mobile Weapons

G-Fortress Improved Armament Plan
Overall length: 30.58 meters
Overall width: 18.52 meters
Max gross weight: 97.78 metric tons
Propulsion: rocket thrusters: 2 x 21700 kg, 2 x 14400 kg, 2 x 17300 kg, 2 x 16300 kg
Performance: maximum thruster acceleration 1.43 G
Fixed armaments:
60mm vulcan gun x 4 (mounted on both sides of the "nose")
Double beam rifle x 1 (10.60 MW x 2) (mounted below the "nose")
Hyper mega cannon x 1 (79.80 MW) (mounted on main body, connected to the backpack)
Double beam cannon x 2 (20.00 MW) (mounted on backpack)
21-tube missile launcher x 1 (uses AMA-13S small missiles; mounted on backpack)
10-tube missile pod x 4 (uses AMA-35S missiles; mounted on shoulders)
2-tube missile launcher x 2 (uses AMF-37H missiles; with cartridge; mounted on propellent tank)
Original mechanical designer: Mika Akitaka
Notes: The "Super G-Fortress" is an AEUG plan to improve armament and cruise range of the MSZ-010 by adding the powerful Hyper mega cannon used by FA-010-A FAZZ, some missile launchers and two propellent tanks. The corresponding MS mode is characterized by additional armor, and it's labeled FA-010X.
The specs here reported come both from Gundam Wars II: Mission ZZ and the Japanese Wikipedia: I know that in general this latter isn't very accurate, but in this peculiar case its information match quite well with those from other available sources.
This prototype mecha was originally introduced by Bandai 1/100 scale MSZ-010 model kit instructions and, as far as I know, also by Gundam Wars II: Mission ZZ. According to this latter publication, its complete designation is FX-010A G-Fortress Improved Armament Type "Super G-Fortress". The same name and model number are indicated for the 1/100 MSZ-010 Master Grade kit conversion by Hiroshi Sarai appeared on Gundam Weapons MG MSZ-010 Edition. MAHQ improperly lists this Gundam Weapon model as FA-010A FAZZ G-Fortress Mode, with its own profile under Hobby Japan/Gundam Weapons Series; however, since it's intended to be only a reworking of the ZZ-MSV mecha, it should be deleted.

CCA-MSV (Char's Counterattack Mobile Suit Variations)

Neo Zeon

Mobile Weapons

NZ-222 Psyco Doga
Notes: Despite its name is the same, this is NOT the Psyco Doga (also known as Psyco Geara Doga) featuring in Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack - Beltorchika's Children novel, which on the contrary is a fully humanoid mobile suit labeled MSN-03-2, as I will more thoroughly explain in my future contribution devoted to that series (in that occasion, I will also provide a Yutaka Izubuchi picture for it). Therefore, I think that the appearance on the afore-mentioned novel should be removed from the NZ-222 profile.

NZ-444 β Azieru
Notes: On the series page, as well as on the corresponding mecha profile, there's a typo, therefore the "ß" (=eszett, i.e. German symbol for double "s") should be replaced by a "β" (=beta).
By the way, since the picture on current MAHQ profile is rather small, I post a better image here.
http://img28.imagevenue.com/img.php?ima ... 1157lo.jpg

F91-MSV (Gundam F91 Mobile Suit Variations)

For this series, I add some data (chiefly armaments plus brief background information) to the already-existing MAHQ profiles. There's also a couple of possible unlisted units and two other mobile suits which status as F91-MSV is (to my knowledge) doubtful.

Earth Federation Forces

Mobile Weapons

F71 G-Cannon Full Equipment Type
Unit type: Long range artillery use mobile suit
Equipment and design features: 2 x Booster pack, mounted on leg hardpoints; camera scope unit, mounted on right shoulder; anti-air sensor system, mounted on backpack
Fixed armaments: 2 x vulcan gun (mounted in head)
Twin beam cannon (mounted on right shoulder) [=Long range beam shooter]
Twin grenade launcher (mounted on left forearm)
Electromagnetic 2-barrel railgun (mounted on right forearm) [=53cm twin beam rifle]
2-tube land-air missile launcher (mounted on left shoulder) [=Missile launcher]
2 x beam saber
Notes: The items in square parentheses are the names of the armaments as indicated on the B-Club 1/100 scale F71 Variation Parts garage kit box.

F71 G-Cannon VSBR Type
2 x VSBR (Variable Speed Beam Rifle) (mounted on backpack over shoulders)
2 x 2-barrel beam gun (mounted in forearms)
2 x beam saber

F91 Gundam F91 Twin VSBR Type
2 x mega machine cannon (mounted in torso)
2 x beam saber
4 x VSBR (Variable Speed Beam Rifle) (mounted on backpack and over shoulders)
beam shield (mounted on left forearm)

HWF91 Gundam F91 Heavy Weapons Type
2 x mega machine cannon (mounted in torso)
2 x beam saber
4-barrel beam gatling gun with 2-tube anti-ship missile launcher x 2 (mounted on backpack) [=2 x Back cannon]
Notes: As in other instances above and below, items in square parentheses are the names indicated on the B-Club 1/100 scale Gundam F91 Variation Parts garage kit box.
This version of F91 is a reserve plan in case of VSBR failed functioning. It mounts renewed shoulder armor, with more apogee motors for an increased mobility. Despite the combined use of large missiles and beam cannons, its power is inferior compared to the VSBR-mounting model, and also for this reason, this proposal design wasn't applied to the F91.
On The Gundam Chronicles it's called Gundam F91 [Strengthened Armament Type], while on Hobby Japan 286 (March 1993 issue; 1/100 scale conversion modeled by Shunya Yamashita) it's named F91 [Back Cannon use].

RGM-109 Heavygun Full Equipment Type
2 x beam saber
9-tube missile launcher (mounted on right shoulder) [= Rocket launcher]
2 x 4-barrel machine cannon (mounted on left shoulder) [= Machine cannon]
Double beam gun (mounted on right forearm) [=Double beam rifle]
Twin grenade launcher (mounted on left forearm)
2 x 4-slot hand grenade rack (mounted on hip armor plates)
Optional fixed armaments: Shield
Optional hand armaments: Short beam launcher (stored on rear skirt weapon mount) [=Beam launcher]
Notes: Once again, items in square parentheses come from B-Club 1/100 scale RGM-109 Heavygun Variation Parts garage kit box.

RGM-111G Hardygun Close Combat Type
Notes: Maybe this is due to my ignorance, but I have some doubt on the genuine F91-MSV status of this mecha. In fact, the picture presented by MAHQ profile comes from Hobby Japan magazine or perhaps Gundam Weapons; furthermore, this is a variation of a mobile suit featuring in Silhouette Formula 91 not in F91. On the other hand, all the remaining F91-MSV are represented by Kunio Okawara drawings, possibly coming from old B-Club magazine, Bandai Model Journal and Gundam Magazine issues.
The same doubt would also apply to RGM-111R Hardygun Reconnaissance Type, but I have to admit that my knowledge of F91-MSV si quite limited.
On the other hand, I notice that the style of the picture of F70 Cannon Gundam, listed by MAHQ under Mobile Suit Gundam F90, is more similar to those of F91-MSV rather than to F90 units. Maybe this imply that F70 is actually an F91-MSV? After all, the few official sources I know on this matter (e.g. MS Encyclopedia 2003, The Gundam Chronicles) do not include this mobile suit in their F90 section...

Some time ago, in another thread of this forum, HellCat Gundam reported that on Gundam Magazine an RXR-44 variant with additional weapons was showed (in two color schemes: standard and prototype).
According to some unofficial (but usually quite reliable) sources, this would be the RXR-44 Guntank R-44 Heavy Armament Type or RXR-44 Guntank R-44 Powerd Weapons Type, sometimes labeled RXR-44P; other colorings of it would exist (namely a sand brown battlefield camouflage color scheme), and the specs would be as follows:

Unit type: logstical support prototype transformable mobile suit
Head height: 10.3 meters
Empty weight: 8.7 metric tons
Max gross weight: 20.8 metric tons
Power generator output: 1050 kW
Rocket thrusters: 14000 kg
Vernier thrusters/apogee motors: 28
Maximum thruster acceleration 0.67 G
Fixed armaments: 4-barrel 130mm machine cannon (mounted on right shoulder)
3-tube smoke discharger (mounted on the left side of the head)
5 x finger launcher gun (mounted as fingers in right hand)
2-barrel beam cannon (mounted on right arm)
Mortar [original katakana: MO-TA-] gun unit (formed by an 8- barrel 20mm gatling gun, a 35mm machine gun, and 2 x 20mm machine gun)

Unfortunately, I've no images of it, and I'm not able to assess the reliability of the specs above; I've reported them chiefly hoping that somebody could "officially" confirm (or deny) these data. Although this kind of things perhaps would have been better placed on the Mecha and Technology section of the forum, I've put it here due to its close connection to the series at issue.

Crossbone Vanguard

Mobile Weapons

Den'an Worker (unofficial name)
Notes: According to official material, this is a civilian work use Mobile suit developed by Buch Aerodynamics. Its mass production program started during UC 0115, and it was subsequently exhibited at an MS Show in UC 0121. The construction of this model (not a true working unit, but actually a secret testbed for Crossbone Vanguard's Den'an series) is used by Buch Aerodynamics as an excuse to buy MS parts from Anaheim Electronics.
Although its status of civilian work use machine is only little more than a disguise, I wonder if this model can be technically assigned to Crossbone Vanguard, or if it would be better to list it under the "Civilian" heading.
Moreover, in the Silhouette Formula 91 manga the XM-01-like worker suits built by Buch Aerodynamics are referred to as Dessa Type, and indeed I think that this would perhaps be a more suitable name.

XM-05 Berga Giros Heavy Armament Type
Head height: 15.7 meters
Empty weight: 9.1 metric tons
Power generator output: 4790 kW
Rocket thrusters: 2 x 21820 kg, 3 x 8950 kg, 4 x 8950 kg
Vernier thrusters/apogee motors: 75
Fixed armaments: 2 x anti-satellite missile (mounted on rear booster pack)
2 x 3-tube anti-ship missile pod (mounted on both legs)
2 x beam saber
Optional hand armaments: shot lancer with mounted 4-barrel heavy machine gun
Notes: This is a version of Berga Giros equipped with large missile pod; characterized by a powerful rear thruster unit and an increased mobility, it's projected to subjugate the surviving EFF resistance.
The specs here reported come from an unofficial (but usually quite reliable) source, whereas the brief comment is taken from The Gundam Chronicles.

XM-06 Dahgi Iris Improved Armament Type
Unit type: long range reconnaissance mobile suit
Head height: 15.0 meters
Empty weight: 9.7 metric tons
Rocket thrusters: 2 x 25540 kg, 9 x 8950 kg
Vernier thrusters/apogee motors: 87
Fixed armaments: 75mm machine gun (mounted on left forearm)
3-barrel scattering beam gun (mounted on torso)
beam saber
Optional hand armaments: shield
Notes: Provided of two large propellent tanks on its backpack and additional leg thruster units, this model has a greatly increased cruising activity range. The surplus of energy due to data gathering is not "wasted" to feed a beam rifle, which is replaced by a conventional bullet-firing machine gun.
Again, the specs come from the previously-mentioned unofficial source, and the brief comment is chielfy based on The Gundam Chronicles.

XM-07B Vigna Ghina II
Unit type: prototype commander's combat mobile suit
Fixed armaments: shot lancer with mounted 2-barrel heavy machine gun (mounted on right forearm)
2 x VSBR (Variable Speed Beam Rifle) (mounted on backpack)
beam shield (improved output type; mounted on left forearm)
Pilot: Dorel Ronah
Notes: This is an improved XM-07 version, developed using some Gundam F91 combat data. It was planned to be deployed among the Red Vanguard squadron.
It first appeared on the 5th issue of Gundam Magazine.

XM-07S Vigna Ghina Berah Ronah Special
Unit type: prototype commander's mobile suit
Fixed armaments: beam shield (mounted on left forearm)
2 x beam saber

V-MSV (V Gundam Mobile Suit Variations)

League Militaire

Mobile Weapons

LM111E02 Gun-EZ Prototype
Notes: In the current MAHQ verrsion, this MS is listed under Earth Federation Forces, but, according to unofficial sorces, it actually belongs to League Militaire.

LM111E02 Gun-EZ Land Use Type
Notes: Same as above.

LM111E02 Gunez Improved Type
Unit type: mass production general purpose mobile suit
Fixed armaments:
2 x vulcan gun
beam saber
2-tube multi-launcher
Optional fixed armaments: beam shield
Optional hand armaments: beam rifle; beam bazooka
Notes: This is the third production lot of Gunez (units numbered from 9 to 15), almost identical to the standard one (i.e. the second production lot: units 3-8, sometimes referred to as LM111E02 Gunez Early Production Type, which would be that actually seen on Mobile Suit Victory Gundam). Here I post the Kunio Okawara "marking" pctures of both.
* image (Gunez Early Production Type)
http://img17.imagevenue.com/img.php?ima ... _706lo.jpg
* image (Gunez Improved Type)
http://img23.imagevenue.com/img.php?ima ... _620lo.jpg

LM111E02 Gunez Late Production Type
Unit type: mass production general purpose mobile suit
Notes: This is the last production lot of Gunez (units from 15 onwards). The only difference compared to the previous lot is the color scheme, identical to that of LM111E03 Gunblaster.
http://img200.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _558lo.jpg

Earth Federation Forces

Mobile Weapons

RGM-119 Jamesgun Amazon Territory deployment colors
http://img19.imagevenue.com/img.php?ima ... 1073lo.jpg

RGM-119 Jamesgun Colony Defence Team colors
http://img154.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _928lo.jpg

RGM-119 Jamesgun Early Production Type
http://img151.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _884lo.jpg

RGM-119 Jamesgun Europe deployment colors
http://img197.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _592lo.jpg

RGM-119 Jamesgun "Four Avengers" Team colors
Notes: This is the color scheme used by the "Four Avengers" Team (also known as "AAAA Team"), deployed on the African front.
http://img42.imagevenue.com/img.php?ima ... _757lo.jpg

RGM-119 Jamesgun India deployment colors
http://img193.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... 2_99lo.jpg

RGM-119 Jamesgun Space Fleet deployment colors
http://img141.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... 2_84lo.jpg

RGM-122 Javelin Mega Spear Loading Type
Notes: As far as I know, the color scheme of this anti-ship use mobile suit is that of the "Tailcode" Team.

RGM-122C Javelin Cannon
Notes: As far as I know, the color scheme presented on MAHQ profile as "Single-barrel beam cannon type" is that of the Zagren Squadron, while the navy blue "4-barrel beam cannon type" is used by the "Tailcode" Team.

Zanscare Empire (BESPA - Ballistic Equipment & Space Patrol Armory)

Mobile Weapons

ZM-S06S Zoloat Early Production Type
Notes: As far as I know, this mobile suit was originarily given a black color scheme, but shortly after its developers changed it for a dark red painting. Therefore, I think that the picture labels "Color scheme 1" and "Color scheme 2" presented on MAHQ profile should be switched.
Other two ZM-S06S Zoloat belonging to V-MSV are the Carme Squadron colors (a defence force operating in Side 2 area) and the Teyb Squadron colors (a special forces team, which mobile suits are characterized by a dark green low visibility painting). In the current MAHQ version these two are included as "radio button images" in the standard Zoloat profile.

ZM-S08G Zolo First Mass Production Test Type
Unit type: mass production ground combat transformable mobile suit
Notes: Some performance differences aside, this model is identical to the standard ZM-S08G Zolo.
No image available.

ZM-S09G Tomliat Africa deployment colors
Notes: These units are painted in a sand yellow color scheme.
No image available.

ZM-S09G Tomliat "Black Widow" Team colors
Notes: These units are used by a special operation force with recon and nigh combat duties; as the squad name suggests, they're painted in black. The typical "Black Widow" team is made of two ZM-S09G and one ZM-S09GE (see below).
No image available.

ZM-S09GE Tomliat Reconnaissance Type
Notes: This is a modified version of Tomliat, mounting on shoulders and hips every kind of radar domes, night vision cameras and additional sensor systems, plus stealth verniers on its wings. It's used by "Black Widow" Team.
No image available.

Kuruni
Gun-toting Patlabor Pilot

Post by Kuruni » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:40 am

Isn't Zoloat Early Production Type also lack beamshield?
My girlfriend was a loli.

bilbros
Creepy Bishonen

Post by bilbros » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:54 am

Yes.
As you can see by pictures on MAHQ profile, the shoulder armors of Zoloat Early Production Type don't have a beam shield emitter, and indeed they are based on the left side shoulder of the ZM-S06G.

bilbros
Creepy Bishonen

Post by bilbros » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:04 pm

Double-Fake Variations

Apparently, this MAHQ series is meant to list all the Double Fake-related mechas which don't actually feature in the eponymous manga by Yuji Ushida. This comic was originally published in Bandai's MJ (Model Journal) magazine, and was based on designs by Hitoshi Fukuchi appearing in another section of the same magazine, titled MS 90's.
The so-called "Double-Fake Variations" come exactly from these sections, but I notice that in the current MAHQ version four of them (namely AMX-002, AMX-011C Land Use, AMX-121 and RGX-D4) are erroneously on the Under the Gundam: Double-Fake page. On the other hand, one of the units placed in the Double-Fake Variations list (i..e. RGD-X2) does actually feature in the manga, and there's another mobile suit (i.e. AMX-012) which is not mentioned.
Therefore, a more suitable arrangement for this series would be the following (when possible, I also try to integrate the existing profiles):

Monotone Mouse Company

Mobile Weapons

J Gundam
Mechanical designer: Hitoshi Fukuchi

Earth Federation Forces

Mobile Weapons

Gundam Kazaki Custom (unofficial name)
Notes: This officially nameless mobile suit represents how a D Gundam piloted by Takeshi Kazaki would have been. It lacks particular features, but its aspect is different from the other models of the same series.

RGD-X1 GD Striker
Unit type: prototype general purpose mobile suit
Armament: beam rifle, beam saber x 2, grenade launcher, shield with built-in machine gun
Notes: This is the standard version of a new EFF mass production unit called "GD" (pronounced "Jeed"; short for "Gun Defender"). On the back it mounts 4 movable type thrusters, which give it higher performances compared to the GM series models. Nevertheless, only a small number of prototypes was built for actual combat test, and this model was never mass-produced.
No picture available

RGD-X3 GD Burstliner
Unit type: long range support mobile suit
Fixed armament: 4-tube missile launcher x 2
Notes: In the current MAHQ listing the name of this MS is reported as "Burstliner", but, since it's intended to be a variaton model of the RGD-X1, it should more correctly referred to as "GD Burstliner".
More in particular, this is a legless version of GD integrated with a Base Jabber, and incorporating concepts inherited from the anti-ship mobile gun emplacement seen in MS-X (hence its name). As a result, this high mobility unit can be considered the space use re-estabilishment of the old RMV-1 Guntank II, and it's used by colony garrisons with duties of puplic order maintenance and interception.
No picture available

RGX-D4 D Gundam "Fourth"
Notes: This is the last (and never built) representative of the D Gundam series; it can dock with a support unit called G-Cruiser in order to have higher mobility and greater firepower.

Neo Zeon

Mobile Weapons

AMX-002 Gaza-B
Armament: Shoulder buster
Notes: This Hitoshi Fukuchi's own version of Gaza-B; its mobile armor mode is said to resemble both MA-05 Bigro and MAM-07 Grabro.

AMX-011C Zaku III Late Type Land Use
Armament: mega machine gun SPS, skirt machine gun x 2, 3-tube smoke discharger, bazooka
Notes: Characterized by a smoke discharger and various applique armor pieces, this modified AMX-011C model is provided of a supplementar scope to allow the vision when buried under the sand. In order to increase its operation time, it can be equipped with a special backpack mounting extra propellent tanks.

AMX-012 Guza
Armament: beam saber, shield with dual beam gun and scissor unit
Notes: This is the improved version of a model developed during the first Neo Zeon conflict. It's selected as a prototype for the second Neo Zeon main mobile suit, and the data obtained from its tests are used in the development of the Geara Doga.
Appearance-wise it's the Neo Zeon equivalent of the PMX-002 Bolinoak Sammahn.
http://img205.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _574lo.jpg

AMX-121 Quel Doga
Overall height: 23.3 meters
Head height: 15.0 meters
Base weight: 22.5 metric tons
Full weight: 61.8 metric tons
Power generator output: 2250 kW
Propulsion: rocket thrusters: 129800 kg
Performance: maximum thruster acceleration 2.1 G
Sensor radius: 10800 meters
Armor: gundarium alloy
Armament: heat knife, beam assault rifle
Notes: This is a Geara Doga variation, with enhanced close combat ability. Unlike other models from this UC period, it relies on heat weapons for the hand-to-hand fight.
Some unofficial sources (from which I took the specs) claim that this model is projected for the inside colony combat. Due to the lack of unnecessary armor and weapons, its mobility is drastically increased; this fact, combined with improved leg joints make it an unrivaled opponent in close quarters fight.

Mobile Suit Gundam F90 (model kit and design series)

Earth Federation Forces

Mobile Weapons

F70 Cannon Gundam
Notes: As anticipated in my previous post, I'm not sure whether this mobile suit should be listed under this series or not. Lacking further information, I would tend to consider it an F91-MSV.

F90 Gundam F90
Notes: As already hinted in MAHQ profile (and mentioned by Mark064 some time ago in another thread of this forum), the F90 can be outfitted with many different mission packs (most of them can be used also by F90II), each identified by a letter of the Western alphabet. Here I provide a list of the planned F90 configurations, compiled from various sources. The most known ones are underlined, while the others are only a little more than names, with no picture or background information available:

F90A Gundam F90 Assault Type
F90B Gundam F90 Bombard Type
F90C Gundam F90 Coldness Type
F90D Gundam F90 Destroid Type
F90E Gundam F90 Reconnaissance Type
F90E Gundam F90 Electronic Type
F90F Gundam F90 Fight Type
F90G Gundam F90 Guards Type
F90H Gundam F90 Hover Type
F90I Gundam F90 Intercept Type (alsocalled Interceptor Type)
F90J Gundam F90 Jacket Type
F90K Gundam F90 Keep Type
F90L Gundam F90 Long Range Type
F90M Gundam F90 Marine Type
F90N Gundam F90 Top Secret Type
F90O Gundam F90 Officer Type
F90P Gundam F90 Plunge Type
F90P.V Gundam F90 Special Type
F90Q Gundam F90 Quick Type
F90R Gundam F90 Reconnoiter Type
F90S Gundam F90 Support Type
F90T Gundam F90 Tracer Type
F90U Gundam F90 Uplift Type
F90V Gundam F90 VSBR Type
F90W Gundam F90 War-bird Type
F90X Gundam F90 Extra Type
F90Y Gundam F90 Young Star Type
F90Z Gundam F90 Zero Type

[/b]RGM-89J Jegan Normal Type[/b]
Notes: A normal type Jegan is clearly seen in the illustrated booklet of Bandai 1/100 scale F90V model kit, and therefore this mobile suit should be added to the MAHQ listings for the series.
More in particular, the scene at issue apparently represents a simulated fight between F90V (plus another F90 unit) and an RGM-89J.
http://img127.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _715lo.jpg

RGM-89ST-2 ST-Gun
Notes: This one is seen in the illustrated booklet of Bandai 1/100 scale F90II-L model kit, together with the Ra Cailum class (refit) (Admiral Tianem). Obviously, this implies that both mechas should be added to the series.
http://img156.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... 1038lo.jpg

Mars Zeon (Oldsmobile Army)

Mobile Weapons

I'm not completely sure of it, but I always had the impression that nearly all of the Oldsmobile Army MS listed by MAHQ in this series were designed by Kunio Okawara for Mobile Suit Gundam F91: Formula Wars 0122, which was released about one year after the first Mobile Suit Gundam F90 model kit.
The F90 manga was originarily published contemporaneously to the model kits, but it shows only few OMS (OMAX-03RF, OMS-15RF and OMS-90R, which is the only one present also in the current model kit and design series listing), whereas most of Oldsmobile units are "standard" Zeon mobile suits (MS-06F, MS-07B, MS-09R, MS-14B, MS-14C). I have no detailed information on what the model kit booklet say about this matter, so I don't know if they provide explicit reference to the OMS units or not.
Therefore my question is: how can we confirm the presence of OMS on the model kit and design series listing?
The few official sources I know don't help to solve the doubt, since MS Encyclopedia 2003 includes all the OMS (OMAX-01, OMS-06RF, OMS-07RF, OMS-09DRF, OMS-09RF RF Dom, OMS-14RF, OMS-14SRF, OMS-90R, OMSM-07RF) in its Mobile Suit Gundam F90 section, while The Gundam Chronicles shows them only for the videogame Mobile Suit Gundam F91: Formula Wars 0122, leaving only the various F90 configurations to represent the eponymous model kit and design series.

Next time: Sentinel Variations :)

AmuroNT1
Oblivious Harem Loser

Post by AmuroNT1 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:04 am

Just a random comment: IIRC, the GD Striker was the MS that competed with the Jegan to be the Federation's next-gen production model, but obviously it lost. (Sort of a shame, since I love the design.)
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power

bilbros
Creepy Bishonen

Post by bilbros » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:28 am

You're substantially right. More precisely, the looser of the competition with Jegan is said to be a Yutaka Izubuchi design for ZZ called Hipas (original katakana HAIPASU), subsequently refined by Hitoshi Fukuchi to become the RGD-X1 GD Striker.
Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of these mechas...can somebody post them?

bilbros
Creepy Bishonen

Post by bilbros » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:25 pm

Model Graphix Gundam WARS III: Gundam Sentinel (aka Sentinel Variations)

Similarly to what previously said for Double-Fake Variations, I suppose that this MAHQ series is meant to list all the mechas present on Gundam WARS III, but not seen in the Sentinel photo-novel...at least, this seems to me the only possible criterion to distinguish between "variations" and "non-variations".
If this is true, then in the current MAHQ version several of such variations (MSZ-006A1, MSZ-006A2, MSZ-006A3, MSZ-006B, MSZ-006C4, MSZ-006D, MSZ-006R, FF-08GB G-Core Variation, FXA-08GB[Bst] and the two fighters improperly called G-Core Booster Variation) are erroneously placed on the Gundam Sentinel page.
Therefore, a more appropriate arrangement for Sentinel Variations would be the following (I also integrate / correct the existing profiles and add some units):

Earth Federation Forces/Karaba

Mobile Weapons

Prototype Nero
Notes: Most likely this is an early stage design of the standard MSA-007 Nero, so the "Prototype" label may be misleading.
http://img41.imagevenue.com/img.php?ima ... 1085lo.jpg

Nero Trainer
Notes: As above, this seems more an early stage design of MSA-007T Nero Trainer, mounting beam cannons on its shoulder binders.
http://img102.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _666lo.jpg

MSA-0011[Bst]"PLAN303E" Deep Striker
Armament: 60mm vulcan gun x 4, incom x 1 (3.8 MW), beam gun x 3, I-field barrier generator x 2, battleship use mega particle beam gun x 1 (56 MW), beam smartgun (12+ MW), improved beam cannon x 2, long-range large disc radome x 1, multi-sensor x 1
Crew: 2 (one pilot and one radar operator)
Notes: As indicated by its "303" code number, this is an S Gundam Booster Unit Type variation commissioned by EFF to Anaheim Electronics' ι (iota) project team. Equipped with multiple beam weapons (including an Irish class main mega particle beam gun) and two I-field barrier generators on the chest, it's designed to penetrate enemy lines and destroy a battleship with a single shot. However, despite its great potential, this S Gundam configuration remained only on the paper.
The name and model number reported here come directly from Gundam Wars III, so I think they should be used to replace the current MAHQ designation (i.e. MSA-0011[Bst] Ex-S Gundam Booster Type "Plan 303E" Deep Striker). By the way, since the existing picture is rather small, I post a better one.
http://img28.imagevenue.com/img.php?ima ... 1170lo.jpg

MSK-006 (MSZ-006A1) Z Plus Amuro Ray Type
Notes: This is the Z plus A1 type assigned to Karaba 18TFAS (Tactical Fighter Aggressor Squadron) commanded by the One Year War ace Amuro Ray and embarked on the Garuda class Audhumla transport plane. It's painted in a demosntration color scheme, and it's used mainly for test purposes.

MSZ-006A1 Z Plus A1
Notes: This is the main model of atmospheric use Z Plus adopted by Karaba. It's developed on the frame of the prototype (i.e. the MSZ-006Proto), but its aspect is considerably different due to the addition of 2 beam cannons, the lack of the wing binders for atmospheric reentry and of all the space use systems.

MSZ-006A1B Z Plus A1B
Fixed armament: 6-barrel gatling gun x 1, hip beam cannon x 2, missiles
Notes: This is a mofdified version of MSZ-006A1 with increased firepower, developed within a refinement plan of Z Plus A type series.
On the nose it mounts a 6-barrel gatling gun, while under its variable geometry wings it has a total of 8 hardpoints for various attack weapons.

MSZ-006A2 Z Plus A2
Notes: In MS mode, this atmospheric use Z Plus variant is characterized by an hyper mega cannon mounted on the forehead. Only 6 units were built, three of which were deployed in actual combat.
Here I post a detail of the head (which, as far as I know, is the only available picture of this MS), plus a custom made lineart obtained combining this head with an MSZ-006A1 body.
* image (head)
http://img130.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _248lo.jpg
* image (custom made lineart)
http://img107.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _891lo.jpg

MSZ-006A3 Z Plus A3
Notes: This is another MSZ-006A1 variation, projected to be used mainly in waverider mode, with an increased mobility and flight control attitude.
No picture available.

MSZ-006B Z Plus B
Unit type: trainer use transformable mobile suit
Notes: This is an MSZ-006A1 converted into a two-seater trainer unit, used by Karaba pilots to experience flight control, mid-air transformation, maneuvers under gravity conditions, and so on.

MSZ-006BN Z Plus BN
Notes: This experimental model is a refined Z Plus A1 designed to perform ground-to-ground and anti-ship attack duties, but it proves effective also in low altitude raid attacks. Its main wings and the vertical stabilizing fin are enlarged, and the nose mounts various new sensors. On the Flight Sub Unit (i.e. the MS shield, forming the waverider nose) it mounts two thermonuclear fan jet engines.

MSZ-006C1/2 Z Plus C1/2
Unit type: high-performance transformable mobile suit
Armament: 60mm vulcan gun x 2, Head hyper mega cannon (11.80 MW), Beam saber x 2, Hip beam cannon x 2
Optional armament: Beam smartgun with disc radome x 1 (50.00 MW)
Notes: Compared to the number of actually produced units, the Z Plus series includes a relatively large amount of variation models. This one is essentially a Z Plus C1 mounting head and front armor of an A2 type.
http://img182.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _336lo.jpg

MSZ-006C1[Bst] Z Plus "Hummingbird"
Notes: This variation is a plan to exploit to the utmost the Z Plus movable frame structure, with arms and legs replaced by four S Gundam-type booster units. As a result, it's a super high speed attack unit, restricted to WR mode only usage.
According to the boxes of Gundam Fix Figuration #0017a and #0017b action figures, it was subsequently modified in order to be used also in MS mode.

MSZ-006C4 Z Plus C4
Notes: Intended to be a low orbit and upper atmosphere defence unit, the Z Plus C4 mounts a flying armor capable of efficient shockwave control.
Unlike other Z Plus variants, it lacks hip beam weapons, replaced by a powerful beam cannon installed inside its transformation sub unit.

MSZ-006D Z Plus D
Optional armament: anti-ship attack missile x 2
Notes: This is an atmospheric use model, intended to combine the power of a C type and the flight control of an A type. It mounts thermonuclear jet engines on its backpack and additional sub jet engines in its transformation sub unit, and thanks to its vector nozzle, it can succesfully perform STOL (Short Take-Off and Landing). The vertical fin on its tail stabilator includes a MSZ-006A type vortex generator, whereas the 4 fins mounted on its nose allow improved pitching and yawing control.
Under its variable geometry wings it can mount two propellent drop tanks and two anti-ship attack use missiles.

MSZ-006E Z Plus E (EWAC)
Notes: As the name implies, this is a reconnaissance use version, with greatly improved sensor range. It's said to be derived from MSZ-006D, but its external appearance and other details are completely unknown.
No picture available.

MSZ-006Proto Z Plus Prototype
Notes: This is a model developed by Anaheim Elctronics within their famous Project Z. One experimental unit was tested immediately after the Jaburo drop operation.

MSZ-006R Z Plus R
Unit type: prototype attack use mobile suit
Notes: Also labeled RGZ-006, this is non-variable, low cost Z Plus derived from MSZ-006C1 and used as a testbed for the Back Weapon System lately adopted by RGZ-91 Re-GZ.
As far as I know, it doesn't featured in Gundam Wars III, but only in Model Graphix January 1989 issue. Nevertheless, it can still be included within the Sentinel Variations category.
No picture available.

ORX-013 Gundam Mark V Amuro Ray Type
Mechanical designer: Mika Akitaka
Notes: This is a Karaba use customized ORX-013 unit intended to be piloted by Amuro Ray
On the original picture here posted one can read (in that sort of sub-rectangular "cartouche" on the left side): "Augusta N-T Use Psycommu using MS – G-V based – Karaba Amuro Ray Customized MS Gundam-Mk-V".
In older MAHQ versions this lineart was improperly designated as "Alternate Armor" or "Alternate Head and Skirt" variant of the standard ORX-013.
http://img181.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _150lo.jpg

ORX-013 Gundam Mark V Augusta Test Colors
Armament: test type beam rifle with data link scope x 1, beam saber x 2 (0.9 MW), incom x 2 (4.5 MW) (1 round), back beam cannon x 2 (12 MW)
http://img128.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _852lo.jpg

FF-08WR Queenbee
Mechanical designer: Hajime Katoki
Notes: On MAHQ profile this fighter is mislabeled as FE-08WR; furthermore, its picture is switched with that of FF-S4 Daggerfish and vice versa.

FF-S4 Daggerfish

FF-08GB G-Core
Notes: This is the fighter improperly called by MAHQ FF-08GB G-Core Variation (see also introductive comments above).

FF/A-08WR Wivern
Notes: The spelling of the name adopted here come directly from Gundam Wars III. For picture, see below

FF-08WR/N Wivern (Zplus Manner Camouflage)
* image (including also FF-08WR Wivern, FF/A-08WR, FF-S4, X-08WR, FF-08WR Queenbee, FF-08GB)
http://img31.imagevenue.com/img.php?ima ... _810lo.jpg

FXA-08GB[Bst] Core Booster "0079"
Notes: The model number reported here comes directly from Gundam Wars III, and I think it should be used to replace the current MAHQ designation (i.e. FF-X7[Bst] Core Booster "0079").

FXA-08GB[Bst] Core Booster "0088"
Notes: This is the atmospheric fighter called by MAHQ FXA-08GB[Bst] Core Booster (see also introductive comments above). Its wingless space version is improperly called G-Core Booster Variation 1.
On MS Encyclopedia 2003 both are depicted together with FXA-08GB[Bst]Ex Core Booster Extended "0088", under a common heading "FXA-08GB-Bst Core Booster".

FXA-08GB[Bst]Ex Core Booster Extended "0088"
Notes: This is the space long range fighter improperly called by MAHQ G-Core Booster Variation 2 (see also introductive comments above).

X-08WR Misletoe
http://img190.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _197lo.jpg

Anaheim Electronics

Mobile Weapons

MSA-014 Σ Gundam
Unit type: prototype transformable mobile suit
Armament: 60mm vulcan gun x 2, Beam cannon x 4
Notes: This is the 10th mobile suit developed by Anaheim Electronics under their "Greek" naming system, and therefore it corresponds to the letter κ (kappa); on Gundam Wars III its name is referred to as "Sigma Gundam" (i.e. the "Sigma" is spellt in full, and written in katakana). On the other hand, on the Anaheim Gundam development table published in Model Graphix February 1988 issue, the κ Gundam:is labeled RX-183.
Incidentally, the name Σ Gundam (with the "Sigma" written in Greek alphabet) identifies two other mobile suits:
1) a Yukio Ageta design labeled MSK-009, appeared on Hobby Japan January and February 1987 issues, in the original story Inner Gundam; this is MS can separate into an A-Parts also named Sigma Fighter, and a B-Parts also called Sigma Cruiser. It was deployed in UC 0093 to fight against some Jupiter-based Neo Zeon remnants. A similar setting, but placed in UC 0095 was adopted in 1989 by a Bom-Bom Comic manga, with a newly-designed Sigma Gundam called RX-95 Variant Gundam, aslo labeled JRX-0095 or JRX-0095-V1)
2) a Makoto Kobayashi design (without specific model number), appeared on My Anime May 1985 issue, in the section entitled "The evolution of Gundam"; this is a prototype developed by Anaheim Electronics contemporaneously to RX-178 and mounting the Minovsky craft sstem subsequerntly applied to the Psyco Gundam. * image http://img169.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... 1004lo.jpg
Since MSA-014 and MSK-009 share name (spelling apart), basic transformation pattern (i.e. separation into A and B parts), as well as armaments and lack of core block system, most sources (apparently including Gundam Wars III itself) consider them as the same model. However, according to what reported by Yukio Ageta himself on Gundam Weapons MSZ-010 Special Edition, the relations between MSK-009 and MSA-014 are unknown.
In any case, on MAHQ profile the specs are those of MSA-014 from Gundam Wars III, while the pictures are Yukio Ageta's MSK-009.

Axis

Mobile Weapons

AMX-011 Gaza G
Notes: Most likely, this is an early stage design, subsequently replaced by AMX-007 (MMT-3) Gaza-E.
* image (MS mode)
http://img14.imagevenue.com/img.php?ima ... _779lo.jpg
* image (MA mode)
http://img207.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _126lo.jpg

After War Gundam X Hyper Guide

For this series, I will add one unlisted unit and integrate the existing profiles.

Mobile Weapons

Aquamaster
Unit type: underwater combat mobile suit
Armament:
Beam cannon x 1 (mounted on left hand)
Torpedo launcher x 4 (mounted on shoulders)
Torpedo launcher x 8 (mounted on support booster)
Notes: Underwater combat-only version of the GW-9800 Gundam Airmaster. On its back it mounts a submarine type support booster for prolonged underwater operations.

Gunmaster
Notes: This is a version of GW-9800 Gundam Airmaster equipped with a custom giant mega beam cannon. Under its wings several weapons can be mounted for an increased combat ability.

Leo Diver
Unit type: assault type amphibious mobile suit
Armament:
Electromagnetic 4-claws x 2 (mounted on arms)
Claw beam x 2 (mounted in hands)
Hydro anchor x 1 (mounted on back booster unit)
Active type 7-tube torpedo launcher x 2 (mounted over shoulders)
Active type 4-tube torpedo launcher x 2 (mounted on back booster unit)
Notes: This is an amphibious version of GT-9600 Gundam Leopard equipped with two giant claw arms. It's provided of several weapons for uderwater combat, but the land use armament is erhaps insufficient.

Leo Tank
Unit type: long range support artillery mobile suit
Armament:
Plasma cannon x 2 (mounted over shoulders)
Homing missile x 3 (mounted over right shoulder)
Shoulder missile x 8 (mounted on right shoulder)
Light laser cannon x 1 (mounted on right shoulder)
4-tube missile launcher x 1 (uses U-55 small type homing missiles; mounted in place of right hand)
4-tube homing missile launcher x 1 (mounted on torso left side)
Beam gatling gun x 1 (mounted in place of left arm)
Breast missile (mounted in chest)
Tetra beam gatling x 1 (mounted in front of lower tank body)
4-tube grenade launcher x 2 (mounted on the sides of lower tank body)
Notes: This is an heavy armament version of GT-9600 Gundam Leopard, with the lower part of its body replaced by a tank-like unit. Its primary use is long range support.

Leopard Iron
Unit type: high power close combat mobile suit
Armament: Tungs hammer x 1 (original katakana TSUNGU-SU), side grenade rack x 2, leg shield x 2
Notes: This heavy armored version of GT-9600 Gundam Leopard is specialized for close combat. It's provided of two large plasma generator on the back to control the recoil of its huge Tungs hammer.

Swordmaster
Unit type: close combat mobile suit
Armament:
Electromagnetic saber x 2 (mounted on forearms)
Vulcan gun x 2 (mounted in head)
Nose beam cannon x 2 (operable only in flight mode)
Notes: This is an hand-to hand combat version of GW-9800 Gundam Airmaster. The forearm mounted electromagnetic sabers give it a greatly improved close compat ability.

Virsago Assassin
Unit type: high mobility assault type mobile suit
Armament:
Strike claw NT x 2 (mounted on arms)
Claw beam cannon x 4 (mounted in forearms and feet)
Beam railgun x 2 (mounted on side skirt armor)
Raptor claw x 2 (mounted on feet)
Notes: This is a powered version of NRX-0013 Gundam Virsago, with an improved generator output. Thanks to its psycommu mounting Strike claw NT it's capable of all-range attacks.

Vashtaron
Unit type: combined mobile armor
Armament:
Strike claw x 2 (mounted on MS part arms)
Claw beam cannon x 2 (mounted in MS part forearms)
Shoulder slasher x 2 (mounted on MS part shoulders)
Hell scythe x 1 (hand-carried by MS part)
Atomic scissor x 2 (mounted as MA part arms)
Scissors beam cannon x 2 (mounted in MA part arms)
Notes: This high speed mobile armor derives from the combination of a Gundam Virsago-type upper MS body and a Gundam Ashtaron-type lower MA part, united via a flexible mount joint. The MS head is provided of two Doppler radar antennae for omnidirectional sensing.
Illustration by BEE-CRAFT.
http://img37.imagevenue.com/img.php?ima ... _670lo.jpg
* image (cleaned and partially restored)
http://img105.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _995lo.jpg