Ep. 009: Star Trek movies

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
Chris
Administrator

Re: Episode 009: Star Trek movies

That initial Blu-ray release was kind of a quick thing to have stuff out around the same time as the Abrams movie. As always happens with Star Trek, there will be re-releases. If they're spending the money to redo TNG for BD, I don't doubt they'll find some way to fix TMP and all those other movies to release those alternate versions.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
bertman4

Re: Ep. 009: Star Trek movies

Just finished listening to this episode. Great discussion as always. My favorite TOS movie is Wrath of Khan. No surprise there. My favorite TNG movie is First Contact, also no surprise.

You mentioned that the best Starfleet uniforms were from Wrath of Khan. How do you rank the uniforms in First Contact?

I really enjoyed the Star Trek reboot movie. It is far from perfect with its gaping plot holes and inconsistencies, but from an entertainment standpoint, it was pure gold. Speaking of, how you guys ever seen/listened to Red Letter Media's review of the Star Trek movies?
http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-trek/
Guy Plinkett is definitely wacky but I have actually learned a lot about film making from watching his reviews. His skewering of the Star Wars prequels is as long as the films themselves and far, far more entertaining.

Thanks!