Ep. 005: Chrono Trigger

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
Chris
Administrator

Re: Episode 005: Chrono Trigger

You keep dismissing the eShop issue with "So what?" and it's frankly pretty annoying. I already stated my reasons. All consoles since this generation launch with a store. To have a console launch without the store being ready suggests that the console itself wasn't ready for release and was rushed to market. I can't make it any more clear than that, and please don't respond for a third time with "So what?" Just because the eShop doesn't mean anything to you doesn't mean it's not a relevant issue.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Shinigam_Newtype

The eShop is an internal peripheral for the 3DS, its release wasn't intended to coincide with the release of the 3DS itself. So I don't see how you can say the system was rushed. All you've done is say the system was rushed because of X Y and Z when the real reasons pertain more to the fact that its Nintendo's way of operating.

Similarly, I could say the PS3 was rushed because the trophy system wasn't implemented until a year after it's release of Lovefilm 3 years after. Obviously this isn't the case, as in both instances they're just software added later.
"I'm not as impatient as you, I can wait for humanity to learn and grow" - Amuro Ray.

PSN ID: Shinigam_Newtype
3DS Friend Code: 4468 0954 9080
Chris
Administrator

There's nothing more to say since all you do is keep dismissing my arguments. I can't make my point come through in any other way. Besides, your example of the PS3 isn't comparable at all. The PS3 launched in 2006, and Trophy support didn't show up until 2008, and it didn't become mandatory until 2009. That doesn't sound to me like a feature intended to be in there from the start. But when the eShop launches several months after the 3DS, it begs the question of why not just wait. And you have no answer for that other than to say it doesn't matter.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Shinigam_Newtype

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
"I'm not as impatient as you, I can wait for humanity to learn and grow" - Amuro Ray.

PSN ID: Shinigam_Newtype
3DS Friend Code: 4468 0954 9080
Jake72

Re: Ep. 005: Chrono Trigger

Chrono Trigger is a traditional console role playing game, released for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System on August 22, 1995 in North America and on March 11, 1995 in Japan. The game is well-known for its multiple endings, unique battle system, and various other innovations. Chrono Trigger was an anticipated collaboration from Square and Enix, and was published by Square on the Super Nintendo. The game follows a young boy named Crono and his small group of friends as they set out on an adventure to prevent the end of the world. The game has sold around 2.36 million copies worldwide.

Chrono Trigger was received with great critical and fan reception at the time of its release. Due to the game's multiple endings, story, music (by famed Final Fantasy composers), battle system, and detailed sprites, the game was so popular that it sold two million copies within the first two months of release. Chrono Trigger has since been hailed as an incredible game in numerous "best games of all time" lists on various popular gaming websites and magazines (placing in the top 100 of IGN, GameSpot, and Famitsu's best games of all time features). Game Rankings (a reviews aggregate) says that Chrono Trigger has an average rating of 95%.

Chrono Trigger's legacy earned it a reference in the television show Heroes; in the episode "Once Upon a Time in Texas", the character Hiro references the love between Crono and Marle when he compares it to his own love, Charlie.
The Fowl Sorcerous

thank you, mr wikipedia
[[lorem ipsum]]
bertman4

Thanks for the review of Crono Trigger. I went ahead and ordered a copy for the DS. Looking forward to playing it.
NastyNate

Yay! I beat Chrono Trigger for the first time a couple of days ago so I can finally listen to this episode. What Chrono Cross spoilers? They did what to the main cast? It was a good thing you guys brought that up. That stinks. Maybe this game is just a stand alone.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ