Chaos Theater Mailbag Drop Box

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
bloodyknight

Re: Chaos Theater Mailbag Drop Box

Hi guys,

Don't know whether anyone has talked about you guys about this.

Just had this terrible thought while listening to another podcast,

any thoughts about creating clothing for your brand.

I mean your podcast are old enough, popular enough and professional enough. (at least that's my opinion.)

For example, Chaos Theater t-shirts?

Skip this if you don't want to answer.

I just had this terrible thought.

Keep up the good work!!!
mobiusdiablo

Hello Lord Chris and Marquis Pedro

Seeing as Chris found my earlier Hobsen's Choices easier, here's one for both of you. Creed or Nickelback - choose one to destroy, but the other will overwrite all your music files with their greatest hits.

In a more serious light, now that all three 'next' gen video game systems have been revealed, do you think that some of what Sony and Microsoft are featuring is too good to be true or do you think they'll follow through on everything they've claimed their systems can do at launch?
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
MindlessFire

Dear Chris, Pedro, and whoever you have as your guest in your podcast at this time. Long time listener (and mechatalk.net lurker) of Chaos Theater and Gundamn and I would like to hit you guys up three questions (Also please ignore the email questions I sent to your Gmail, I found the Official Chaos Theater Mailbag dropbox):

1. I know you guys from Chaos Theater are Naughty Dog fans and especially with Chaos Theater's discussion of the Uncharted series. Do you guys think that Naughty Dog's latest game "The Last of Us" is a worthy successor to the Uncharted Trilogy and why? You don't have to answer this question now if you have not played the game. However, could you please answer this question in the future after you've completed the game in either a "What Have We Been Playing Segment" or save it your future inevitable "The Last of Us" game discussion topic? Protip: The bricks scattered around the area are your best friends.

2. Since both Sony and Microsoft's next gen consoles have been unveiled at this year's E3 2013 and their current stances on how the gaming industry should be, which one of these consoles are you more likely to purchase down the line and why?

3. I don't know if Chris remembers this, but a while ago I asked in a Gundamn mailbag question on how the Gundamn crew would feel if EA's DICE Studio were to develop a Gundam game and Star Wars Battlefront was even brought up in that conversation. As of now, Electronic Arts has announced that DICE Stockholm, veteran developers of the Battlefield series will be primarily working on the next Star Wars Battlefront game with DICE LA taking a support role. What's your guys opinion about the news?
YokozunaBulldozer

HELLO!

Since Chaos Theater always begins with beer, I want to ask a beer question.
Which anime/manga/comic/game/movie do you guys think would be great for a promotional collaboration with a beer brand? I.E. limited edition six pack with free promo item of a popular title.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
project 5

hi chris and pedro have you paly machinarium it like sam and max.
sakurangel

Hi guys the green sentai pedobear team. Is here to ruin your Mailbag(no just kidding)

I know the question about your thinking on THE LAS OF US was already ask, but here is a couple of question...
1- will you think the story and interactions with ellie is way better that THE WALKING DEAD game?
2- what dd you think about Nolan North. Participation in THE LAST OF US?. If you have any doubt abode t him in the game because you don't meet him yet, the play a sadistic cannibal pedobear of a leader....ups SPOILERS...

3- changing the subject. What seasonal beer will you recommend this summer?... right now if drinking the regular dos X, and sesonal Blue moon- Agave nectar ale...

4- is grumpy cat part of the platapus of podcasting gang?

Thanks guys keep the good drinking and podcasting alive.
Yuri lowenthal- "Angel Lopez(sakurangel) you are the manliest man I ever meet"
Alexis Tipton- "angel is was nice meet you"
The Fowl Sorcerous

Lightning Round: Edition where I pit Ghibli movies against Pixar movies at random.

1. Toy Story 3 or Whisper of the Heart
2. Up or Castle in the Sky
3. Monsters Inc or Princess Mononoke
4. Toy Story 2 or Grave of the Fireflies
5. Toy Story or Arrietty
6. Finding Nemo or My Neighbour Totoro
7. Wall-E or My Neighbours the Yamadas
8. Cars 2 or Ponyo
9. Brave or Kiki's Delivery Service
10. Ratatouille or Spirited Away
11. The Incredibles or Porco Rosso
12. Monsters U or Pom Poko
13. Bug's Life or Cat Returns
14. Cars or Howl's Moving Castle
[[lorem ipsum]]
Mu La Flaga

Hey Gentlemen of the Chaotic Theater
Time for a submission of questions from Mu so here goes and Mr Guanche sorry for the length in advance you may need to take a large gulp of air before diving in :P
So there is a pre-emptive apology for question 2.

1.In response to a previous mailbag entry as for casting of heroes and villains.
I just want to put this out there, save the Rock, let's put Michael Chiklis as Kingpin?
Also if you were cautious on Ultron Chris,
that is why I think another good candidate could've been Kang the Conqueror, so got any thoughts on him?

2.Got any opinons on Man of Steel if either of you have seen it yet?
I will admit not being big on DC or Superman much but the movie surprised me.
I like the character bits it gave for Zod, Jor-El and Clark leading up to becoming Superman.
Also this Zodd seemed like he didn't want to be a complete and utterly evil bastard, he even tried checking the Krypton outposts ect.

That is all I have for now, keeping the mailbag topped up like a steam train needs it's water.
Regards Mu.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:08 am, edited 7 times in total.
sakurangel

Hi kings of the shadowlands( find the reference by you self) ... I'm here with some random questions

1- PEDRO-tan... will you consider persona4 battle arena canon or a piece of caca?
2- PEDRO(again)... Atlus is again is financial troubles making possible the cancellation of persona 5, What did you think about it and if atlus close door... how did you think will pick up the persona name and continue the game series?(don't said capcom please!)
3- what beer will you guys recommend for watching pacific rim?

Thanks guys and see you next time
Yuri lowenthal- "Angel Lopez(sakurangel) you are the manliest man I ever meet"
Alexis Tipton- "angel is was nice meet you"
Dollow

Hello guys I have been trying to think of a series of questions that are related to how on you would make an RPG, so work with me on these quick questions as I want to know your dream RPG.

How would you make an RPG Part 2

1. Sprite or 3D Ploygon based?
2. Turn Base or ARPG?
3. Male or Female lead?
4. Hair/Eye color for your main character?
5. Western or Japanese based Art Design?
6. Fantasy, Steampunk, or Modren setting?
7. Company Publisher, Nintendo or Sony?
8. Home Console or Handheld?
9. What type of music would you use? (I would use nothing but classical public domain music)
10. Name one RPG that you would take inspiration from.

Bonus Round: What would be the name your RPG company? Mine would be "The Order of Hellsing" or "Curb-Stomp Limited".

Sincearly Yours,

Dollow

This text was typed by SCE PlayStation Vita.
Last edited by Dollow on Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
yazi88

As a fan of J-RPG's and a few Western RPGs (Mass Effect), I own just about every RPG worth a damn from the PS2, Gamecube, PSP and DS era along with downloading from PSN.

So my candyland question to you guys just for the hell of it, what RPG franchises would you like to see make a comeback seeing as with the transition to next generation of consoles a lot of previous existing IPs are given the axe treatment.

As a extension of the above question, what obsure or relatively not well known RPG franchises would you guys like to get people more interested in. As a comrade in arms to Dollow, I want more people interested in the Valkryia Chronicles series and also some hidden gems from the PS2 era called Shadow Hearts Trilogy (sort of as the 3rd game was a spinoff rather than a sequel to the previous games.)

Keep up the great work and I apologize if my question seems too long.
YokozunaBulldozer

HELLO!
1. Tatsunoko is slowly building its cinema portfolio of live action adaptations. Which do you guys like that has been released or will be released i.e. Gatchaman?
Also,which Tatsunoko title do you guys think will be the successor to Gatchaman in terms of live action adaptation?

2. Which superheroes do you guys think would be perfect for a parody of The Hangover? My vote is on the Justice League where Batman, Plastic Man and Aquaman has to search for The Question after a wild night in Vegas.
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
kayone73

Hello Gentlemens,

On the subject of Doctor Who and who will be cast as the 12th Doctor, who would you like to see be cast as the next Doctor. This can include specific actors or general types.

I for one hope the next Doctor is cast by someone who is older, closer to middle aged, not that attractive/pretty boy. I think both David Tennant and Matt Smith did a great job portraying their incarnations of the Doctor, but if someone different gets cast that makes it difficult for the squeeing legion of fangirls to idolize and emulate...then I'm all for it. Anything to quiet them down.
Mu La Flaga

Hey Chris and Pedro.
Here goes my mailbag entry sorry for the length in advance, there is a TLDR option if you so desire.

Not sure if this applies to Chris, but I know Pedro is in to Borderlands 2.
So if yes, got any thoughts on the series in general?(both of you if applicable)
Borderlands 1 I played for a bit, but got bored of it, where as 2 maintained my interest more.
Also putting in Handsome Jack as the big bad probably helped as well as give a story to the game.

I play it often and have 2 charcters in the game itself.
A lvl 51 Assassin and 25 Commando.

A)I do enjoy the old and new characters alike fav characters I rather like though and want to name them.
Tiny Tina, Mr Torgue(seems like a big shoutout to Chris Rager doing Hercule/Mr Satan in DBZ),
Lilith, Moxxxi and Mordecai(even though feel sorry for him loosing Bloodwing, thanks to Handsome Jack, that dick)

B)Also Goliaths are so awesome and funny grunts due to their crazy nature if you shoot their helmet off include such quotes.
"EVER BEEN STRANGLED BY YOUR OWN INTESTINES?!"
"Hate, Hate!, HATE!, HAATE!"

TLDR: Comments and thoughts on the Borerlands series, characters ect(worth reading the A and B notes though)

Until next time, Mu.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:47 am, edited 7 times in total.
phillosmaster

I was just watching Cooking With Dog. Francis was making me hungry so let's talk about food. What's your favorite Japanese dish? Mine's udon.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
zero_the_masked_knight

Hi, Chris and Pedro.

My first lightning round. Have fun :)

1 - Chicken or Fish?
2 - Beef or Pork?
3 - Uwe Boll or Paul W.S. Anderson?
4 - Michael Bay or Roland Emmerich?
5 - David Hayter or Kevin Conroy?
6 - Mark Hamill or Leonard Nimoy?
7 - Keith David or Samuel L. Jackson?
8 - Arkham City or Dark Knight Rises?
9 - Man in a Can 3, or The Incredibles?
10 - Coraline or Spirited Away?
11 - Taking a number one, after having to hold it in for so long, or taking a number two after having to hold it in so long?
Seeing people for who they are; not who you think they are, not what you want them to be. Seeing someone unconditionally, without paranoia, without prejudice, without stereotypes, without fear...That's what "love" is.
"Love" is looking into a person's eyes and seeing a soul.
daigundam lagaan

Four quick questions guys!
1.Asked this to the Gundamn crew including Chris so this is for Pedro:
If you could have your ME Shepard and a squad pilot appropriate mobile suits (or other mecha) for a mission, who would your squad mates be and what mobile suits will your shep and them use?

2. Have you guys ever been aware that there was a Star Driver movie? if so, have you watched it. If you have watched it, any thoughts?

3. Might you guys review Playstation exclusive games such as the Ratchet series and Jak, like with what you did with Uncharted?

4. Have you guys ever heard of/seen American Dragon Jake Long of Didney Channel? I figured that in the time it was airing, it was the best Disney Channel show of the time because it did have heavy stuff at times.
Last edited by daigundam lagaan on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Still waiting on seeing those tears of time.
mobiusdiablo

I have a proposal that may make AGE better. Hear me out - Grave of the Vagans. We spend five or six episodes on Second Moon, see it all ghettoized and we replace the Vagan kids with the two kids from Grave of the Fireflies, with Kio as our witness. And then we see them go through the actual turmoil that a sovereign state in war goes through. Would that make AGE better or worse? :P

Also, finally saw Roadie as Captain Planet. What do you think of all the small little episodes if you've seen them, and would you pollute as much as possible just to spite him?
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
phillosmaster

Have either of you guys read anything by Joe Abercrombie? The First Law Trilogy and it's spin offs (Best Served Cold, Heroes and Red Country) are a big recommend from me. In case anyone is curious they should be read in that order (TFL->BSC->H->RC).
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
haro_meister

Chris and Pedro,

I've noticed a growing number of animes(Sword Art Online, Ore no imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai etc...) nowadays that involves incest which is kinda alarming. Is there like a study on this? Or is this is something that is perhaps influenced their culture? It's funny when they try to justify the whole thing by emphasizing the whole "he's my step brother" thing. Your thoughts... thanks