Chaos Theater Mailbag Drop Box

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
yazi88

Re: Chaos Theater Mailbag Drop Box

I have a few questions:

1. Pedro, since you are a huge Guren Lagann fan and also a big fan of Nobuyuki Hiyama, have you ever seen The King of Braves Gaogaigar? I find it to be kind of a spiritual 90s predecessor to Guren Lagann and I would like to hear your thoughts about this show.

2. Like Peter, I'm kind of a sucker for harem shows, mostly for cheap entertainment when there's nothing else airing. Unfortunately, there's a lot of these type of shows nowadays and about 80% are either mediocre or just crap, at least in my opinion. So my question is: What are some harem shows you guys have actually enjoyed within the last couple of years aside from the ones you guys have mentioned on the podcast like Haganai.
Mu La Flaga

Hey CT casters.
Time for questions from Mu your resident Australian submitter.

1.Do you has excite for DuckTales Remastered?
2.Do you has excite for the Dungeons&Dragons Arcade collection coming our way also?
Short and simple.

I am getting both, even if I never played the original DuckTales NES game.
I used to play the Dungeons&Dragons arcade beat em up games.
That is all gentlemen, Mu.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
sakurangel

Ok this time I have a more normal question

1- have you guys play the beta test of defiance? Is based on a new SYFY tv series, is about some time in the future san francisco is destroy and you are a kinda corporation bounty hunter.

2- have you llay guacamelee! ? Is a knd of metroidvenia with mexican flavor aded and soo many movies, memes, and video gsmes references... for cry all loud your name is juan and you wear a luchador mask... by I never knew pedro has a maracas academy (pedrobear maracas academy) look for the reference in the game

3- chris... did you think I over does the trolling to sou bro In gundamn episode 121? If not. Pedro what you think about sou bros trolling I did about capcom making him the next street fighters character but he have to make a new set of originals moves and not that hadoken crap?

Thanks guys... I just make you a little more grumpy today. Keep the work going well
Yuri lowenthal- "Angel Lopez(sakurangel) you are the manliest man I ever meet"
Alexis Tipton- "angel is was nice meet you"
LoveTurnA

Sorry if this has been asked before. I know you both speak highly of Neil Gaiman but do not remember if you've said whether or not you've read his Sandman series. Have you?

If not, do you plan to? I highly recommend it. It's easily my favorite comic series.

If yes, any plans to do a segment on it? I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Thank you, love the show. Keep up the good work.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Minor lightning round--

Commander Shepard or Revan?

Iron Man or Batman?

And just 'cause it's me...
VF-1 or VF-25?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
julina

Commander Shepard & Revan
VF-1
"I can easily unlock the simple locks with lock picks."
raijinz

Sup Christ and Pedro! Raijinz in da house!

Have you heard about Defiance? (the game and the television series)
As of writing, I haven't seen the show yet, but I've been playing the game online.

As a concept its kinda cool, but I feel the execution is lacking? What other shows/franchises do you like to see done in a cross-platform cross-promotion?

Thanks again, and keep up the good work!
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx
The Fowl Sorcerous

pick one person from your twitter feed to come to your next birthday party and one person from your feed to die.
[[lorem ipsum]]
Raptor

Quick question, followed by a segway question, followed by the big question.

Have you guys ever heard of the book series Redwall by Brian Jacques? My personal favorite book series, started at book one when it first came out and read them as they released. My Wheel of Time, you could say.

Have you ever heard of a 12 episode anime called Katanagatari? Each episode clocks in at 48-57 minutes, and it has a very interesting art style. Story is pretty good, though lacking at some parts, it does manage to pull it off in the end, in my opinion.

What are your favorite anime set in the Sengoku and Edo periods? Mine are Sengoku Basara for the Sengoku period, and Katanagatari for the Edo period.

And finally, Chris. After listening to Gundamn for years, and Chaos Theater since it's birth, I find you and I share quite a few of the same views when it comes to anime, books, movies, TV and the like. I am seeking one thing we do not agree on, so that I can prove I am not simply a clone of you. Not that that would be a bad thing, of course, simply seeking my own originality in life, like any good clone.

-Raptor, out.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I'm going to have ten people run across a field, five of which I believe have superior qualities. I shall then toss a grenade in front of them to see who survives even though that course of action might kill all the people I wanted to save.
mobiusdiablo

KIRABOSHI!

Just finished Stardriver, and I have a question. I know that the television ending of Macross Frontier was... debatable due to Alto's statement of 'you are both my wings' when it came to the love triangle. Yet I distinctly remember that at the very least Pedro was okay with Wako stating she was in love with both Sugata and Takuto. Rushed endings aside, is there a difference between the two situations I am missing?

Also, favorite Cybody design - go!
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
raijinz

Hiya Christ and Pedro!

With the 50th anniversary episode of Doctor Who coming up later this year, I've been hearing a ton of rumors on what its gonna be about and which actors/doctors could be returning for it, yada yada.

What do you think will be in the episode, and (Candy-land time) what would you like to see?

Thanks again guys, keep up the good work!
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx
project 5

christ and pedro have you seen attack on titan?
project 5

chris and pedro your top 5 wtf ending in anime.
Last edited by project 5 on Mon May 27, 2013 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
daigundam lagaan

Oh hey guys. If you have answered this or have never seen any of these, please skip question #1

1. Which do you prefer? Full Metal Alchemist or its Brotherhood reboot?

2. You guys plan on reviewing the big Playstation/Xbox exclusives in the near future in this show that you already haven't covered?
Still waiting on seeing those tears of time.
Mu La Flaga

Hello.

How are you gentlemen?, all your bases are belong to us!
So what are the questions?, number 1&2 ties in to this.

1.Memes or funny screenshots of games and silly Engrish!, I can also remember an instance of a character in Aerofighters 2 intermission, saying "Victoly!" instead of the proper spelling.

2.I have been watching 2 shows recently, Freezing and Birdy the Mighty Decode.
Freezing I didn't like it too much, didn't like how Bridgette was portrayed much, I ended up liking the secondary female lead Rana more.
Birdy the Mighty decode watched first half and enjoyed it alot.

So the question is, got any opinions on these series if either of you've seen them?

That is all this time, had to give a little rant on the anime question.
I also enjoyed episodes 47, 48, 49, good string of topics catching my interest lately(especially 47)
Until next time, Mu.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
jcncasval76

Gentlemen,

I just have this question in a form of a suggestion: would there be a chance of reviewing 007 movies from Pierce Brosnan & Daniel Craig for future episodes? Just a thought.

Thank you and keep up the good work.
Please don't make me quoting certain wrestlers' catchphrases (What?!) or you don't want to find out how nasty it gets (What?!). Tell me you didn't just say that (What?!)
project 5

chris and pedro your top 3 hentai.
sakurangel

Hi guys... your not pedobear west but yes mexican/ 6th pedobear sentai team is hear.
First l, I'm glad to said mine attempt to phoenix comicon where I meet various voice actors including your favorite sandwish thief vic... and I ask the mighty question- why/ who and from where you take the sandwich? He's answer- I don't know!
1- pedro, did you believe him?
2-chris (not christ), also pedro. What is your opinion about vic sandwish thief main role in stark trek continuous as cap. Kurt?
3- what beer will you recommend me? The one I been drinking at moment are-guiness draft, dos equis, blue moon Belgian season, and tecate light.

4-at comicon I also meet yuri longwethal, what did you think he tell me when I ask(joking) who he was?

Thanks guys and keep the good material coming
Yuri lowenthal- "Angel Lopez(sakurangel) you are the manliest man I ever meet"
Alexis Tipton- "angel is was nice meet you"
Berserker 8

Hello Pedro and Jesus Yamato,

1) With Star Trek bringing in about $30M under expectation in its opening weekend and JJ Abrams off to Star Wars, how do you feel this bodes for the next Trek movie?

2) Although early, and waiting till E3 for more info, your thoughts on the Xbox1 & PS4 press conferences and thoughts on the Xbox1.

3) If you had a chance to watch some of the Power Rangers series over the years, do you have a favorite?

4) With Star Wars Kotor on tablet what are your thoughts on 6th generation console (xbox, ps2..) games on tablet and which games from that generation do you want to see on a tablet.

Keep up the good work
Amuro, Char, Spike, and Lelouch just have to be alive, they are alive right? , right... ?
zero_the_masked_knight

Hi, Chris and Pedro,

1) So, I watched Iron Man three. I couldn't help noticing that the movie seems to draw a lot of inspiration from Pixar's "The Incredibles". In particular, the main villain is pretty much a live action version of Syndrome from that move. Just like Syndrome, Killiam got blown off by Tony in the past and started harboring a grudge against him. His main shtick is to offer Disabled vets another chance with the regenerative extremis, which has the side effect of giving them superpowers. Sort of like Syndrome's plan to sell technology that can give people superpowers. There's even a scene in the movie - the scene with Tony tied up talking to Killiam and Maya - which is more or less identical to a scene in the incredibles with Mr. Incredible, Syndrome and Mirage, except that the scene in the Iron Man movie had a much darker outcome. The question: do you think this was coincidental or intentional? If the latter, is this a sign of the "Evil" Disney/Pixar influence slipping into the Marvel movies?

2) People who hate Twilight often put up links to free PDF downloads or Movie streaming links as a way of showing how much they hate it. What's your take on this sort of thing? PS: I don't care for twilight so I don't get the free PDFs or the movies at all.

Seeing people for who they are; not who you think they are, not what you want them to be. Seeing someone unconditionally, without paranoia, without prejudice, without stereotypes, without fear...That's what "love" is.
"Love" is looking into a person's eyes and seeing a soul.