Chaos Theater Mailbag Drop Box

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
Destiny_Gundam

Re: Chaos Theater Mailbag Drop Box

1.) What are your views on the supernatural? I was raised Catholic so I do believe in God, but in regards to ghosts and such while I won't deny the possibility, I don't have grounds to say they exist either. I do believe that there are things in this world beyond human comprehension.

2.) What about aliens? Do you believe in them? I think it's too arrogant to believe in the entire universe we're the only intelligent life in it. I doubt we've been visited by them, though. If it did happen it would turn out like Stephen Hawkin said, it would be like the Europeans encountering the Native Americans.

3.) As a Canadian I'm a bit lost on the whole gun control debate thing in the States. After all that's happened why do Americans resist the idea of gun control so much? I know your constitution has the right to bear arms, but it's over 200 years old. I think it could do with some revising. What's your stance on the issue?
Last edited by Destiny_Gundam on Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
The Fowl Sorcerous

Lightning round number something-or-other:

1. Cable or internet streaming services?
2. red or blue?
3. protoss, terran or zerg?
4. zombie apocalypse or alien invasion?
5. which x-man would you want the powers of?
6. sci-fi or fantasy?
7. elvis or the beatles?
8. star trek or star wars?
9. when given the option to create your own video game character: male or female?
10. rich or famous?
11. pvp or pve?
12. baseball or football?
13. sleek or clunky robot designs?
[[lorem ipsum]]
Destiny_Gundam

1.) Who's your That One Boss? That boss whose fight is so awesome and fun that you always remember it, maybe even go back and play it occasionally. I have to go with the battle against Anubis in ZOE2, the one in compressed space. Taking on that guy who's been unbeatable up to that point, all with a damaged Jehuty, was amazing.

2.) What is the most powerful moment in anything you've ever seen? Something that held you firmly in its grip that you still remember it to this day and still gets you feelin' some feels? Mine is the puppy scene from Elfen Lied. You know the one. I've never wanted kids to be brutally murdered so badly before and when it happened I cheered. Then promptly felt bad about it. Just thinking about that scene gets me worked up. Kira Vincent-Davis's delivery of the line "the ones who aren't human are people like you!" gives me the shivers.

3.) Have you ever switched over to something only to find you can't switch back? Ever since I started eating whole wheat bread I find white bread to be disgusting.
Berserker 8

Hello guys, occasional listener, first time question poster

1. With the last DLC Citadel finally released for ME3, what are your thoughts on it if you have had the chance to play it.

2. What are your thoughts on some of the decisions relating to the star wars frnachise in the past few weeks such as the end of the clone wars tv show as well as what appears to be the stalling of the 1313 game.

Cheers.
Amuro, Char, Spike, and Lelouch just have to be alive, they are alive right? , right... ?
Gundam420

Here's a Mass Effect related question. Pedro you seemed to rather shocked when I mentioned that Clementine and Trixie Trotter shard the same voice actors. How would you guys feel if I told you that Steve Blum was the voice of Grunt? And that Joker was voiced by Seth Green, Aria was voiced by Carrie Ann-Moss, Kai Leng was voiced by Troy Baker, and Kolyat was voiced by Quinton Flynn?

Have you ever thought of doing on episode on Kevin Smith's movies?
Last edited by Gundam420 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
project 5

how many platinum trophy do you have .ps i have 5 platinum and im work on my 6th platinum and kepp up good work.
angelwingzero

A couple One Piece questions:
1) Is it just me or has the art quality taken a dive in the show lately?
2) With the anime almost caught up to the manga and not looking like it's ever going to take a hiatus, what are the chances of the show breaking down like Naruto and Bleach did? I'm starting to get that sinking feeling with the latest Punk Hazard arc.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
Flame-X

Sup doods!

1) Pedro, are you still watching Zetsuen no Tempest (Blast of Tempest) for Japanator? I rarely see your posts on the Annotated Anime section so it makes me wonder if you dropped it. There's only 1 episode left before the series end... or rather the show will be finished by the time this question will be answered.

2) Favorite Shakespeare story?

3) Have you guys seen Gamespot's video series Feedbackula?

Thanku!
Last edited by Flame-X on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mobiusdiablo

Have any of you read the Mass Effect novels in particular, especially since the trilogy is effectively over? I heard that they could be a... mixed bag at best, but I'm wondering if you two have given them a crack. Not expecting you to do any heavy reading soon - not after Memory of Light
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
Destiny_Gundam

How about a little "Raiden Round"?

1.) Naked or Solid?
2.) FOXHOUND, Dead Cell, The Cobras, or the Beauty and the Beast squad?
3.) REX or RAY?
4.) Initial opinion of Raiden, vs opinion of him now
5.) Played Rising yet?
6.) Changing controller ports or shooting the statues?
7.) What would your code name be?
8.) The Phantom Pain: Trailer impressions?
9.) Normal runs or No Kill runs?
10.) Favourite lady from the franchise?
11.) Favourite game?
12.) Ever play the original Metal Gear games?
Last edited by Destiny_Gundam on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaygee

Hi gents, long time Gundamn! listener; newer to Chaos Theater and a first time writer.

I've finally decided to join the ranks of Twitter in an effort to stay in the loop for Movie/TV news, stuff from cool actors, and stuff from just plain 'ole cool people. On top of your own surely awesome feeds, could you recommend some more for me to follow?

Also, could you recommend some good entertainment news sites in general?

Much thanks!
Gundam420

Time for a little Lightning Round:
-Nami or Nico Robin
-Early Simpsons or Early Family Guy
-Justice League or Avengers
-Old Snake or Cyborg Ninja Raiden
-Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Power Stone
-Inception or Paprika
-Pixar or Studio Ghibli
-Roy Fokker or Ozma Lee
-Back to the Future or Doctor Who
-Destiny or Strike Freedom :twisted:
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
Mu La Flaga

Hello gentleman.
Got some questions for you guys as per the usual order of chaos in the theater.
Sorry for the length of question 2, but it's a Trek related question Mr Guanche.
But if you want there is a TLDR option.

1.What are some generes of games that either.
A)Don't interest you at all to play?
B)Can't play well at all?

For me.
A)Sports Sims pretty much any kind of those games and
B) Most music or DDR type games with perhaps rare exceptions, so what are yours?

2.I am currently 15 episodes in on season 1 of DS9,
I find this show lacking something and has some issues of it's own due to the setup of the show.
My question to both of you is, when should I expect DS9 to pick up?,

thus far I don't see it's high praise it gets(from some people) and some of the characters I find bland or more annoying then other series which came before or after,
For instance Major Kira I find worse then B'elana.

Odo is kind of different though, O'Brien is awesome since it gives him a little more focus beyond his TNG days and Sisko I am unsure of yet.

OR the TLDR version:
What advice would you give for sticking it out with DS9 even though it's supposed to be a good series.
But the series seems to have issues?

That is all guys, keep up the entertaining podcast.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
Destiny_Gundam

1.) James Bond or Golgo 13?

2.) Any fictional characters you think is neat that you share a name with? I don't have much to work with other than fat morons, but I like Peter Gibbons from Office Space and Peter Stillman from Metal Gear Solid 2.

3.) So now that Young Justice is dead and Transformers Prime is heading out the door, what are some other great shows that got killed prematurely by executive meddling?
snoops619

Hey guys, been a while. How are you guys dealing with the Fairy Tail Anime being cancelled/put on indefinite hiatus? Would you prefer this to another filler arc?
Thanks for the show, keep up the good work.
3,000,000,000 points. I can almost taste the brownies.
sakurangel

I been direct to the questions guys...

1- pedro, I know you are the persona guy on the podcast. What entrance in the persona series is you favorite? And what entrance is your least?

2- if peter is the north pedobear, pedro is south, and I auto proclaiming the rigwfor be the west pedobear. Who is east and central?

3- señor cristo(crhis). Since I knos you probably see a few spanish dubs I your life. What series not only is english or spanish you watch and enjoy even by having a lenguage you normally not or speak or know?

4- if the general one day said to everybody to go and F them seft, and start destroying. Cities, rampaging war orphans, kicking babies in the face, and make fun of soul bro dreams and hopes. What will you do to him?

Thanks guys and hope for least bizarre questions next time
Yuri lowenthal- "Angel Lopez(sakurangel) you are the manliest man I ever meet"
Alexis Tipton- "angel is was nice meet you"
thehod

Hello Chris and Pedro

By the time you have read this, Dr Who season 7 pt 2 will have a few episodes behind it. What do you think of Clara Oswald as a companion?

Have the two of you watched the Spartacus TV show?
Berserker 8

Hey oh,

1) So with the LucasArts news and the company only focusing on licensing, do you think we will ever see the cancelled Star Wars 1313 being released by someone else? Or is it now dead and buried in a galaxy far far away...

2) Thoughts on Season 3 of Walking Dead as a whole?

3) If you could only watch one movie this summer, which one would it be?

4) Pedro, a couple shows ago you stated The Dark Knight Returns comic book story is one of the top 5 of all time, what others are apart of that list?
Amuro, Char, Spike, and Lelouch just have to be alive, they are alive right? , right... ?
mobiusdiablo

When it comes to games with a multiplayer aspect, do you think it's okay to just play, pal around and have fun, or do you think that the 'right' way to play is to look into professional gameplay and try and emulate that, become 'tournament level', whether it be video games, board games, or card games?

PS - Sakurangel, I claim Pedobear East!
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
project 5

chris and pedro episode 1 of the walking dead game is free on psn yes free.