Idea Submission & General Feedback Thread

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
SOCL

Chris wrote:
SOCL wrote:Well, gee... I don't think it's so bad, especially since it's the really the only truly successful show of its kind on American television. I rather enjoy it, in fact.

But we digress... :roll:
As a hardcore TechTV fan, I can never forgive G4 for destroying that network, and especially for bastardizing The Screen Savers into Attack of the Show.
Ah. :lol: I had a sneaking suspicion that was the case, but I didn't want to speculate. I can't say that's an atypical reaction from TechTV fans.
SOCL

"You can be a Captain or a nobody--when your luck runs out, you die. That's how war is." -Bernie, 0080
Arbiter GUNDAM

Got a question for you guys about the show. Do you have other people in their with you, cause I think I can hear people besides you guys laughing in the background.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Chris
Administrator

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:Got a question for you guys about the show. Do you have other people in their with you, cause I think I can hear people besides you guys laughing in the background.
On my side, no, because I'm alone when I record, and I use a headset rather than a mic. But there sometimes are people with Paul and Adam when they record.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Zaku-San

I know you guys have already gone over Arcade games for Gundam but I had a question over a arcade Gundam game I found called Mobile Suit Gundam Spirit of Zeon Advance. I'm not sure if you know about it but it looks like its a stylized version of the Time Crisis 4 SD cabinet, but I'm guessing without the duck foot pad feature. But if they imported it is their a chance that it can open the door for maybe a game like Mobile Suit Gundam Bonds of the Battlefield to find its way to America :?:. I was also wondering what your opinion is on getting more Gundam and other mecha games to get made for the U.S. to.
wonton bob

I still love the show. Been a fan since day one but my only thing is when Soul's mic is turned down when he talks and is given little to no air time. I think it is a little too early to give him the pink slip. But if you do I'll keep his legacy alive! Soul Bro Ryu! :|
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Chris
Administrator

wonton bob wrote:I still love the show. Been a fan since day one but my only thing is when Soul's mic is turned down when he talks and is given little to no air time. I think it is a little too early to give him the pink slip. But if you do I'll keep his legacy alive! Soul Bro Ryu! :|
Believe me, Soul Bro isn't going anywhere because he's the heart of the show. Aside from co-investing in the equipment used on the show, he edits it together and creates the final product. Bottom line, no Soul Bro, no Gundamn.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

wonton bob wrote:I still love the show. Been a fan since day one but my only thing is when Soul's mic is turned down when he talks and is given little to no air time. I think it is a little too early to give him the pink slip. But if you do I'll keep his legacy alive! Soul Bro Ryu! :|
Don't fret, he's far from receiving a pink slip.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Soul Bro Ryu

Fired?!!! And on my day off too. Damn youse!

Thanks for the sentiment, man, and I'll do my best to speak up more. In Ep. 008, I actually have a lot more to say than normal, so much more, you just might look forward to me shutting the hell up ^_^

J/K and thanks for looking out!
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Gai Daigoji

Can you do a Nadesico segment, cause I heard the review on this ste for the movie was pretty controversial and It was my first mecha series.
Lets Gekiga-in!
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Gai Daigoji wrote:Can you do a Nadesico segment, cause I heard the review on this ste for the movie was pretty controversial and It was my first mecha series.
I believe that topic is on the list, I know Soul Bro's wanted to talk about it. As a fan of the show, the comparsions of the show and movie would would be a good topic.

Stay tuned and keep them coming.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

Kavik Ryx

Have you guys considered doing a show spotlight for Mospeada, Southern Cross, or Vifam?
Chris
Administrator

Kavik Ryx wrote:Have you guys considered doing a show spotlight for Mospeada, Southern Cross, or Vifam?
I'd like to do those eventually, but with Vifam I've only seen about a dozen episodes, so not having seen it all, I couldn't comment on it as a whole.
Skippy438

Another great episode guys! I love the longer length and would beg for every episode to be that long if it wasn't for the fact that it's a lot more work for you guys and you aren't getting paid. Have you guys thought about doing a show on the impact of Gundam on anime and Japanese culture? Or at least talk about some shows that make direct references to it like Sgt Frog/Keroro Gunso? Also, I love the new avatar Soul Bro!
thanatos

Hey guys, I have an idea for a discussion point. I've debated the idea with some people I know who are also into Gundam but have yet to reach a concensus.

What makes a Gundam a Gundam?

Some people don't consider mobile suits like the EZ8 or ReGZ to be Gundams while others do (I do). Where's the dividing line between regular mobile suits and Gundams? I always used to think it was in the V-fin, but the EZ-8 ruined that theory. The most contentious mobile suit would be the GP04 since it started out as a Gundam, then was converted into the Gerbera, a Zeon-like mecha. I think that Barzam is also a mass-produced, de-Gundamed version of the MKII.

Any thoughts on this?
Chris
Administrator

I don't know that there's much to discuss. Anyone who thinks the Ez8 isn't a Gundam is clearly wrong, as it has the Gundam name. Classification standards don't work either, so for all non-CE mobile suits, it simply comes down to this: a Gundam is whatever Sunrise says is a Gundam. I exclude CE because no mobile suit is officially called a "Gundam" in that world and the name is just a nickname used by only a few characters.
The Fowl Sorcerous

I'd like to hear your thoughts on Steampunk in mecha anime; general opinions on the sub-genre, thoughts on specific shows stuff like that.
[[lorem ipsum]]
hawk of endymion

The Fowl Sorcerous wrote:I'd like to hear your thoughts on Steampunk in mecha anime; general opinions on the sub-genre, thoughts on specific shows stuff like that.
Its funny, I was thinking about steampunk the other day. I don't see why not.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

eanetdude

I would Like to hear your analysis of The 08th MS Team.

And perhaps which Gundam (that is a tv, ova or film) you would like to see made into a live action film. (done right, forget the horror of G-Saviour)
Chris
Administrator

eanetdude wrote:I would Like to hear your analysis of The 08th MS Team.

And perhaps which Gundam (that is a tv, ova or film) you would like to see made into a live action film. (done right, forget the horror of G-Saviour)
I don't know if you saw the post, but we've already set it up that when 00's first season ends, we're going to devote a segment in each episode to discussing every Gundam series, from the original up to STARGAZER. As for live action Gundam, we already discussed that a few episodes back, and the general consensus was that it's a franchise best suited for anime. Thanks for the suggestions though....keep them coming.
thehod

Always enjoyed your podcasts and will be at Megacon to checkout the live podcast. I would say the best work has been on the analysis of Tomino both Gundam and non-Gundam shows.