Idea Submission & General Feedback Thread

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Wedge14

How about fan service in mecha anime?

I'm sure i'm not the only one who was made a lil uncomfortable when witnessing those kids run around the argamma. *insert a joke about char* :wink:
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Teki

Wedge14 wrote:How about fan service in mecha anime?

I'm sure i'm not the only one who was made a lil uncomfortable when witnessing those kids run around the argamma. *insert a joke about char* :wink:
ROFL...

How about most liked non maincharacter mobile suit pilot.
Vent Noir

Following on from the Women in Mecha Anime discussion in the last podcast, how about a Top 10 Female Characters, either for Gundam or mecha anime in general?
Arbiter GUNDAM

They already did a Top Ten and Bottom Five women characters in Gundam in episode 4.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Areus

How do you guys feel about non anime mecha like the stuff in battletech or even warhammer 40k. I know there both started as table top war games but they do have books,games and a even a cartoon in the case of battletech. I am not the king of knowledge in these two topics infact in know very little. However in a struggle to help suggest topics I figured why not suggest something mech related that I wanna learn more about. Ive played both warhammer 40k and mech warrior and got a good feel for there detailed and vast worlds. I know 40k is not about mecha and only a few of the races have them but none the less the mechs are there. Anyways just thought I would toss up a topic other then top ten this or favorite that.
Ikaruga-I'm Not Regret...

弾幕 Baby!
Momaru

I have two suggestions about what I'd like to hear on the show.
1. Although this has been mentioned, I'd also really like to have a segment each episode where a listener gets to talk about an issue. Preferably the tone would be more like an well written editorial than a rant. The topic could be chosen by the hosts or just a free for all. It's up to you. For instance, I'd love to hear some other peoples opinions on Gundam 00.
2. I'd like to hear some guests and or guest hosts from time to time. For instance, Neo-Era and Mark Simmons would be really interesting people to hear from time to time. I think that they'd be able to give an interesting and fresh perspective to the show. I'd also like to hear some interviews, but I understand that is a very difficult thing to do.
Tell me why, at this turning point in our history, must we fight amongst each other and further pollute the earth?
- Char Aznable, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Chris
Administrator

Momaru:

We're already working on #1, and check episode 10 for #2.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
WhiteWingDemon

This may be a dumb question but...
What is the difference between the regular and the unplugged versions?
Arbiter GUNDAM

Have you guys ever thought about doing SD Gundam? Or is that too little kids for Gundamn?

--Freyja Wion
Chris
Administrator

WhiteWingDemon wrote:This may be a dumb question but...
What is the difference between the regular and the unplugged versions?
The regular version has music playing in the background for the entire show. The unplugged version only has it at the beginning and end of a segment.
MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:Have you guys ever thought about doing SD Gundam? Or is that too little kids for Gundamn?
There's nothing kiddy about the original SD Gundam from the 80s, but I really don't see us wasting a breath on SD Gundam Force.
SOCL

Have you guys considered maybe having guest hosts? One of the radio stations when I was growing up used to have a lottery sort of thing where local people from the community would be picked to help co-host the radio show every morning, and it was actually quite entertaining. Then again, the show was hosted by one guy, with the traffic guy coming in and out every few minutes, so it suited that show to have one co-host, whereas in Gundamn!'s case it might be unwieldy to have four people recording...

Mmm... Never mind. :lol:
SOCL

"You can be a Captain or a nobody--when your luck runs out, you die. That's how war is." -Bernie, 0080
Chris
Administrator

We're already doing that, as you'll see when episode 10 comes out. One of our topics is SRW Original Generation, and we had Peter/Destiny_Gundam as a guest host since he reviewed the series on MAHQ. In the future, when we do more anime spotlights, if it's a series that's been reviewed on MAHQ (by someone other than me), we'll try to get that reviewer for that segment. We also have a gunpla topic scheduled for episode 12 that will feature several guest hosts.
SOCL

Chris wrote:We're already doing that, as you'll see when episode 10 comes out. One of our topics is SRW Original Generation, and we had Peter/Destiny_Gundam as a guest host since he reviewed the series on MAHQ. In the future, when we do more anime spotlights, if it's a series that's been reviewed on MAHQ (by someone other than me), we'll try to get that reviewer for that segment. We also have a gunpla topic scheduled for episode 12 that will feature several guest hosts.
Hey, awesome! :D
SOCL

"You can be a Captain or a nobody--when your luck runs out, you die. That's how war is." -Bernie, 0080
The Loser Villain

I noticed that when you were talking about the top ten female characters you made it a point to talk about Haman and her lust for revenge (and men in big sunglasses). Well, I've noticed that revenge seems to always play a key role at some point in a Gundam show. Revenge is often portrayed in different ways. Sometimes revenge poisons, and other time it allows a person to be at peace.

So, perhaps the topic of "Revenge in Gundam" could be an interesting discussion point.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
SOCL

If you guys need any more of those Gun-damn audio bits, there's a scene in the Chevy Chase movie Vegas Vacation where they're at the Hoover dam and there are a series of somewhat cheesy, yet still funny bits where the tour guide mentions he's there "dam guide" and they can ask all the "dam questions" they want. It'd be some thing of a treasure trove for the Gun-damn bits.
SOCL

Vent Noir

I mentioned the Women of Mecha topic (and the "best and worst women in Gundam" one) on the girl-wonder.org forums, and one of the people who replied mentioned that they were disappointed that the discussion didn't really seem to have much depth to it. Would it be possible to have a more in-depth discussion of the roles women play in Gundam at some point?

Aside from that... have you done "funniest moments in Gundam" or "best fight scenes in Gundam" yet?

EDIT: Also maybe a Nadesico discussion?
Heretic

I’ve got sort of a request. The new character party thread seems to be having trouble getting off the ground. Any chance of a recruiting message? Like a military recruitment add or something, “Join the fight! Save the world! Pilot a mecha! Find out who that Mysterious Masked Man is! Blow stuff up!” I’m sure I could work up a full add script or something if you’re interested.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Chris
Administrator

Vent Noir wrote:I mentioned the Women of Mecha topic (and the "best and worst women in Gundam" one) on the girl-wonder.org forums, and one of the people who replied mentioned that they were disappointed that the discussion didn't really seem to have much depth to it. Would it be possible to have a more in-depth discussion of the roles women play in Gundam at some point?

Aside from that... have you done "funniest moments in Gundam" or "best fight scenes in Gundam" yet?

EDIT: Also maybe a Nadesico discussion?
If people were disappointed about the depth of the discussion, they were missing the point of the whole segment. The purpose was to be a viewer's guide and highlight a couple of non-Gundam mecha shows that feature female leads, not an in-depth discussion about the roles of women in mecha. As for the role of women in Gundam, we could touch on that someday, although back in episode 4 we had that very long segment about our favorite/least favorite Gundam women, so that might be treading over a lot of the same ground. In regards to all the other topics, we're considering those.
Heretic wrote:I’ve got sort of a request. The new character party thread seems to be having trouble getting off the ground. Any chance of a recruiting message? Like a military recruitment add or something, “Join the fight! Save the world! Pilot a mecha! Find out who that Mysterious Masked Man is! Blow stuff up!” I’m sure I could work up a full add script or something if you’re interested.
Sounds fine to me, but you'll have to wait until episode 12. Episode 10 is already in the can, and 11 will be at Megacon.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Hey Gundamn guys, I have a Gundamn joke you can use! The Angry Video Game Nerd has put out a video called, Top 10 Movie Monsters and there is a bit of it that goes like this--

AVGN: #4 is, who else, but the mighty, the invincible, the friend of all children...

Random Japanese Kid: Gamera!

AVGN: Oh yeah. It's ***damn Gamera!!!

with creative editing...

AVGN: Oh yeah. It's Gundamn Gamera!!!

Or you could use the bit about Godzilla.

AVGN: #3, all the way from Tokyo, Japan, weighing 22,000 tons, standing 164 feet tall, the reigning heavyweight King of the Monsters...

Japanese Kid: Gamera!

AVGN: Oh yeah. It's Gundamn Gamera!!!

What do you think?

--Freyja Wion
Areus

I have the theory you guys are using skype to record the show when your not all in person. I was wondering if you guys knew about skpyecasting the live chat feature in skype that would allow you to have live callers if you set a recording time. I'm not sure how you guys feel about setting a exact time for your show and having people listen to the magic live but it would add more of a radio show feel to your podcast something most podcasts lack. Any who when people join the room there automatically muted and they can request a chance to talk and move to a second list of people who want to talk. When it comes time for you to do the "Call in" part of the show you just grant a voice to the people you want to hear and putting them on the air. It seems orderly and i've been on some of the channels listening into debates and interesting conversations. The whole system looks and feels nice. I'm not sure if just anyone can create one of these skypecasts for free but its something I thought I would suggest other then us recording our voices and sending them in.
Ikaruga-I'm Not Regret...

弾幕 Baby!