Idea Submission & General Feedback Thread

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Chris
Administrator

Leroy Landers wrote:Were you guys going to do a segment on Iron Man? I know it's not anime but it kind of fits with the mecha theme of the show.
We did do a segment on Iron Man for episode 14, but it's gone now. Since the movie has been out for months, not much of a point in us covering it now.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
T.V.

When the DVD comes out however... :P

I enjoyed the latest podcast very much and listened with special interest to the "favourite MECHA anime" topic you were discussing. Listening to Soul Bro stretching the boundaries was amusing to say the least.

It made me wonder though if you'd like to do a segment on what you think will be the future direction of mecha anime? Perhaps discussing both what you'd like to see, to what you find most likely to see. And also why?
Even if you don't want to spend an entire segment on it, it would be nice to include it in the future round up of Gundam 00, Macross Frontier and Code Geass, for example. Discussing what was bad and good and what your advice towards The Powers That Be for a potential sequel would be. Perhaps you don't even want to see a sequel, but be sure to tell us why. ;)

On a different note, might it be fun to do a review of the past year sometime in december? Something like questioning wheter it was a Good, Decent, or Bad year to be a mecha fan, discussing the highs and lows of the past year.
goufx

hey soul bro, why not do a segment on the robotec series? starting from macross saga, going into ( dare i say?) the pitiful masters, then into new generation, and finally some of the differences from the macross timeline and the robotec timeline.

also, why not do a three or four part segment of the macross timeline? starting with the three shows, SDF Macross, Macross 7 and Macross frontier. then for the next show, talk about the OVAs. and for the finall shows, the movies?
V2Buster

goufx wrote:hey soul bro, why not do a segment on the robotec series? starting from macross saga, going into ( dare i say?) the pitiful masters, then into new generation, and finally some of the differences from the macross timeline and the robotec timeline.

also, why not do a three or four part segment of the macross timeline? starting with the three shows, SDF Macross, Macross 7 and Macross frontier. then for the next show, talk about the OVAs. and for the finall shows, the movies?
I'd rather have them do an entire show on the Super Marionette Thunderbirds than Robotech, tbh.
goufx

why? didn't macross start with robotec?
V2Buster

Macross started with Macross.
Kavik Ryx

@goufx: Robotech is an American dub of Macross, Southern Cross, and Mospeada combined into one syndicated series by Carl Macek. While I have no issues with Robotech, personally I don't consider it technically be anime but rather western animation due to all of the changes made.
goufx

aaah, ok, thanks. but i do have to agree. the macross universe is better than the american robotec universe. and, sry, but i have to say it. i hate dana.

new generation was not bad though. in fact, the story and characters ( for the most part) were pretty good. if you are in an anime lull, just watch that.

anyway.... why not have a segment on the mobile suit gundam games, exteel, and other mech games and disscuss their issues (though they are painfully obvious). thanks.
Harlock Karrde

Maybe it's already been suggested...

Okay, so this is a love it or loathe it show, but I think that the Big O deserves a segment at some point -- if anything, only as a feature in an "Adult Swim Mecha Shows" medley segment. But you've gotta admit, the fact that a Big O Season 2 even exists was due to the huge response it got in the States. Interesting, considering that nothing of the sort happened with Gundam.

Thoughts?
--

"I really do hate violence." ~Char Aznable

**Quess Pariah? Really, people? C'mon! I'd rather watch the Jar Jar Binks after-school special!**
Vent Noir

I've mentioned in the anime section that I've just started on Eureka Seven - I'd like to see you cover that at some point... since there's a movie coming out, maybe around the time that gets released?
goufx

sry, but i forgot if you have done one. why not a segment on gurren lagann? i am watching it for the first time, and i have only heard you mention it a few ( i guess you would call it cameos) small times.
Strike105

How about 00's upcoming US debut on Sci-Fi Channel?
Last edited by Strike105 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
wraith1701

Re: Maybe it's already been suggested...

Harlock Karrde wrote:Okay, so this is a love it or loathe it show, but I think that the Big O deserves a segment at some point -- if anything, only as a feature in an "Adult Swim Mecha Shows" medley segment.
Good suggestion, man. :)
Big O was a sweet freakin' show; I'd like to hear what the Gundamn! crew think of it. In fact, the mention of Super Robots in the last episode got me thinking- What if the podcast included a semi-regular "Super-Robot" segment?
... you've gotta admit, the fact that a Big O Season 2 even exists was due to the huge response it got in the States. Interesting, considering that nothing of the sort happened with Gundam.
Gundam didn't need it. :wink:

@ Gundamn! crew- I just checked out your blog, and I'd like to say thanks for the Comic-con coverage, I enjoyed it. The 3rd segment was especially entertaining. If I didn't know better, I'd swear one of y'all was taking frequent samples of some 'grown-up refreshments'. :wink:

Outstanding work guys; keep 'em coming!
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Re: Maybe it's already been suggested...

wraith1701 wrote:
Harlock Karrde wrote:Okay, so this is a love it or loathe it show, but I think that the Big O deserves a segment at some point -- if anything, only as a feature in an "Adult Swim Mecha Shows" medley segment.
Good suggestion, man. :)
Big O was a sweet freakin' show; I'd like to hear what the Gundamn! crew think of it. In fact, the mention of Super Robots in the last episode got me thinking- What if the podcast included a semi-regular "Super-Robot" segment?
... you've gotta admit, the fact that a Big O Season 2 even exists was due to the huge response it got in the States. Interesting, considering that nothing of the sort happened with Gundam.
Gundam didn't need it. :wink:

@ Gundamn! crew- I just checked out your blog, and I'd like to say thanks for the Comic-con coverage, I enjoyed it. The 3rd segment was especially entertaining. If I didn't know better, I'd swear one of y'all was taking frequent samples of some 'grown-up refreshments'. :wink:

Outstanding work guys; keep 'em coming!
No problem regarding the comic con coverage. Just wish we would've gotten more stuff, but there's always next year.

Big O and the other mecha shows on adult swim is probably something we'll be doing in the future.
We gotten get caught up, but keep listening.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
thehod

I think Gundamn! should have a new segment known as: Soul Bro Ryu's man. You take a series that SBR has seen and he explains who is his man and the reasons why and have Chris and Neo put in their reactions/thoughts about SBR's man.
V2Buster

I like the impromptu-ness of how Soul Bro currently surprises Chris and Neo with his favorite character in shows. If there was a whole segment on it, the oomph would be gone.
yazi88

How about a segment on favorite villians or favorite COMEDY relief characters in mech anime, or a very surprising segment on the famous MECHANICS OF MECH ANIME!! Although we all know astonage will take the spot. LOL.
NastyNate

GUNDAMN!!!!!! I just want to say thank you guys for the show! I don't think that I ever would have watched the import shows like v turn a or x. But you guys have persuaded me to I seen every series now but igloo and x, but I just finished an aw struck series. Turn A Gundam!
Thank you Thank you Thank you. for talking about that show in your podcast I think that turn a gundam might be my new favorite gundam series, but still it is hard to let go of gundam wing. keep up the great work guys. I mean it.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
thehod

Yea Turn A Gundam has to be one of my Top 5 Gundam shows right now and certainly has to be dubbed: Most Underrated Gundam show ever.
Enact

Yo guys, love the show, I look foward to each episode. Just wanna say, think you guys could ever have a segment dedicated to some series that maybe don't always get a lot of attention, like say Blue Comet SPT Layzer, and maybe give your thoughts on each? The 80s was a facinating time for mecha anime and some really ambitious works sometimes either get lost in the passage of time or just in the shuffle of it all, so I figured that would be a pretty good idea for a segment. Or maybe even a show dedicated to one of the masters of the genre, Ryosuke Tahakashi and going though all his works. I know you guys did an episode for VOTOMS but I figured something focused on like Layzner, or Panzer World Galient would be pretty cool too. In any case, keep up the great work guys!
Daybreak's Bell rings over the land covered in Ash Like Snow