Idea Submission & General Feedback Thread

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Kishiria

I'm listening to the Megazone 23 episode right now. I have about 20 minutes of this two-hour program to go.

What about having attitudes about the military as a topic? Most Gundam shows are military-based, and the sentiments about it are quite varied.

I've been planning on re-watching Wing for a while, so I may join all of you on that project.
Techno-Viking does not dance to the music; the music dances to Techno-Viking.
Heretic

Soul Bro Ryu wrote:Got the whole series on my shelf. After Code Geass Season 1, I'll be watching it.

BTW, for those who don't know, I have no love for Chidori like Destiny Gundam has no love for Saji. That broad irritates me to the nth degree.
I have and seen FMP and FMP: TSR, I’ve seen some of FUMOFU and I’m looking for the online translations of the novels. If you want the opinions of a Fan of the series, just ask.

Chidori is the personification of the confusion of high school years, thus, (besides being the constant unspoken love interest) she exists to confuse and confound Sousuke in ways he has never experienced before. I’m fairly passive towards her, as somebody said about Louise, She’s fine as somebody else’s girlfriend, just not mine.

But if you badmouth Teletha Testarossa, I’ll hunt you down for blood. :wink:
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Soul Bro Ryu

Heretic wrote:But if you badmouth Teletha Testarossa, I’ll hunt you down for blood. :wink:
I'd never do that. She's like the Ruri Hoshino of submarines ^_^
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
goufx

so soul bro, can we have fmp, fmp:tsr, and fmp: fumoffu as a topic??

sorry, did not see your reply. sorry soul. oh, you hate chidori that much? :lol:
Last edited by goufx on Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowCell

Nagging is annoying, goufx.

We need to have a little talk, don't we?
thehod

I was trying to check the last 8 or so pages back but has anyone brought up the Gunpla aspect of the Gundam Franchise? I know Neo has that Perfect grade strike and would like his thoughts on the issue. I dont know anyone else thinks about the Gunpla but I am among one of the bigger fans of that aspect of the Franchise.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

thehod wrote:I was trying to check the last 8 or so pages back but has anyone brought up the Gunpla aspect of the Gundam Franchise? I know Neo has that Perfect grade strike and would like his thoughts on the issue. I dont know anyone else thinks about the Gunpla but I am among one of the bigger fans of that aspect of the Franchise.
We definitely have that on the topice. We're just trying to fine tune it, so it appeals to builders and nonbuilders alike.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
V2Buster

Thanks for the RSS feed on the blog website, but do you think you could split up Regular and Unplugged into their own seperate feeds so our readers don't dl two files?
thehod

hawk of endymion wrote:
thehod wrote:I was trying to check the last 8 or so pages back but has anyone brought up the Gunpla aspect of the Gundam Franchise? I know Neo has that Perfect grade strike and would like his thoughts on the issue. I dont know anyone else thinks about the Gunpla but I am among one of the bigger fans of that aspect of the Franchise.
We definitely have that on the topice. We're just trying to fine tune it, so it appeals to builders and nonbuilders alike.
SO Neo please tell me how that Perfect Grade strike is going for you?
chainsandguns

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but I'd like to hear your takes on Gundam War the Gundam CCG and it's effects on gundam, and if any of you play, or have played it.

Also Id like to hear your takes on code geass, gurren lagan, and if you guys could do a show on Gao Gai Gar and final that would be awesome.
NastyNate

kind of interested in this new show called zegapain. I usualy don't astray from gundam but this looks pretty cool and clean, but I don't know much about it.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
MechaGear

Thanks so much for this amazing Podcast, you guys! It's totally awesome.

This might seem a bit odd, but have you guys considered doing a segment on the "Starship Troopers" novel by Robert Heinlein? Not to be confused with the horrible film adaptation. The book basically invented the "mecha" genre in a way, it pioneered the concept of powered armor. Supposedly, Yoshiyuki Tomino cites it as one of his inspirations for Mobile Suit Gundam, though the two are not very similar in terms of story.

Anyway, it's a great read. Lots of interesting ideas about the role of a military in society, which might also be relevant.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

thehod wrote:
hawk of endymion wrote:
SO Neo please tell me how that Perfect Grade strike is going for you?
Oh, it's been done for awhile. A great model to build, I had a lot fun putting it together. Goes great with my perfect grade Sky Grasper. Trying to find time to do some more right now.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Arbiter GUNDAM

What about a Gundam short story contest for one episode?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
SOCL

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:What about a Gundam short story contest for one episode?
What, like listeners write and submit short stories to the crew?...

I like that idea. :D
SOCL

"You can be a Captain or a nobody--when your luck runs out, you die. That's how war is." -Bernie, 0080
Arbiter GUNDAM

Yes, exactly, and the winner(s) could have their stories read on the show by the Gundamn Three or something like that.

--Freyja Wion
thanatos

I'll bet this has already been put forward, but I think you guys ought to discuss your preference: MSIA vs. Gunpla. You could add the FIX figures into the discussion if you have any experience with them.

Personally I fall on the MSIA side since I've had some terrible experiences with building models. How about you? Any model-building horror stories?
Areku

Haven't seen this mentioned yet, so I'm going to just throw it out there.

Have you guys guys considered talking about the "meanings" in the gundam shows? By that, I mean undercurrent themes, be they about the human condition (New-type future, "weighed down by gravity", etc), environmental (refreshing the Earth), ethical (Wing's pacifism), political (Waves), or just visions of the future in general. You know, not the stories themselves, but the backgrounds to the stories. My examples are obvious, and I know you've already touched on those, but I hope my idea came across.

...or did you already plan on doing that as you talked about each show in detail?
Arbiter GUNDAM

Have you guys thought any about video recording your next live podcast in August?

--Freyja Wion
Wingnut

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:Have you guys thought any about video recording your next live podcast in August?
While interesting, I think that would also make the file far too large.
It's was 126+ mb for 2:15 of audio only (unplugged at that). Adding video would easily triple the file size or more for each broadcast.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.