Idea Submission & General Feedback Thread

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Areus

Gundamn / FTS?

Let me start by saying Great Show! I found out about you guys on the megacon event site last week. I was all like What!?! A gundam podcast?!?! In my state!?!?! After listening to Ep01 of Gundamn I decided its best if I download Gundam 00 and watch it with the podcast chronologically. I chained a few eps of Gundamn and a few of 00 and now im on ep 16 of 00 and I finished ep o8 of gundamn at work today. The whole experience of watching the two shows together was awesome and I cant wait to see how both 00 and gundamn progress over the next year.

I heard the ads for flip the script on gundamn so I played a few eps of that at work. Its a Chill show but its all from last year... Did the show die?
Anyways its a good show and I look forward to new eps some time soon and seeing the live cast at megacon.

Topic Ideas:
"Top Ten Favorite Mechs From any series not just gundam"
"Mecha Simulators"
Ikaruga-I'm Not Regret...

弾幕 Baby!
Arbiter GUNDAM

This might have already been mentioned but had you guys ever thought about doing a Top Ten and Bottom Five male characters in Gundam?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Areus

Favorite quote in a gundam series...

Topic Idea:Favorite quote in a gundam series...
Anything from heart warming to just so badass...

Mine-
Relena:Now that I know you secret are you still gonna kill me?

Hero:Yeah...

Those lines slay me every time. Don't hate the wing it started it all for me.

弾幕 Baby!
Teki

I mean probably going to have to wait on this until another month or so but try and predict about the second half of 00. I guess have to wait until last episode of this season. Just the situation is great.

Another Gundam related issue, maybe discussion on likes/dislikes of various suits in Gundam Series and the mech designers behind them. The reasons you liked suits (weapons, abilities, looks, etc...) and things disliked aswell.

Non-gundam related, how about Super Robot Series discussions like SRW and fun series like Gurren Lagaan and Vandread. Also, series like Big-O where the theme (Film Noir style) was very departure from normal Mech shows, and the plot themes about memories and all.

On favorite quote, it is from this week's (episode 19) of 00

Setsuna: ... I am Gundam.

Lockon: I don't even feel like shooting you anymore. You're an irredeemable Gundam-nut!

Setsuna: Thank you. That is the highest praise.
Areus

Quotes

Setsuna: ... I am Gundam.
I like how he says that and charges off into battle.

Also lockon sniping from his cockpit makes him a god automatically.
I saw that and just said damn this dude is a man.

弾幕 Baby!
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Teki wrote: Another Gundam related issue, maybe discussion on likes/dislikes of various suits in Gundam Series and the mech designers behind them. The reasons you liked suits (weapons, abilities, looks, etc...) and things disliked aswell.

Non-gundam related, how about Super Robot Series discussions like SRW and fun series like Gurren Lagaan and Vandread. Also, series like Big-O where the theme (Film Noir style) was very departure from normal Mech shows, and the plot themes about memories and all.
Stay tuned, I know we will be covering the suits of Gundam sometime soon.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Teki

Nice, wish there was viewer call in and stuff. as don't have any friends who are into this stuff and i have great insight in all this. o well.
Areus

There might be user call in via skype. Soul bro droped his contact a few eps back and hinted at putting what ever you had to say in the show if it was worthy. Im assuming skypes also what there using to get Chris in the show.
In any case I myself would use skype over TS or vent just cus in a 2 to 4 way convo its seems to work better then a cell or house phone. Plus it has free in calling. This is all just my theory though.

弾幕 Baby!
Teki

Can see skype working.

Also another topic I thought of before, how about a discussion on organic mecha (Like "mechs" from Eva and Eureka 7 to name two example) and if one considers them mechs and how they contribute to the genre.
Soul Bro Ryu

Sorry I've been a no show as of late. I have plenty responses coming now that I''ve completed Ep. 9. Check this forum shortly for details (and thanks for being patient with me)! ^_^
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Zangetsu

Just reposting somethings I thought of.

Top 10 Gundams
Top 10 Mobile Suits
Top 10 Mobile Armors
Top 10 Heros
Top 10 Villians
Top 10 Non-Gundam Mecha

I personally really liked the top 10s you did.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Strike Zero

How about this: potential voice actors for the characters of Gundam 00. It'd be cool to hear your professional opinions.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Strike Zero wrote:How about this: potential voice actors for the characters of Gundam 00. It'd be cool to hear your professional opinions.
I am sure we'll cover voice acting in the future. That is a hot topic among anime viewers.

Thank you for the compliment, but we're far from professionals as of now.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Teki

hmmm... modest. Lol, which i could get up to orlando for the 9th but can't with school, lack of funds right now and not mood to take 3 hour drive by myself and have noone down here who enjoys stuff as much as me.

ANother segment I thought of could include comedic side to mecha animes. Opinions on comedy in the shows, should there be, and all.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Q: Do you guys plan out what you're going to say for the segments of the show or is it all improv?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Chris
Administrator

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:Q: Do you guys plan out what you're going to say for the segments of the show or is it all improv?
We plan out the topics beforehand and sometimes have some notes that we've written, but generally everything we actually say during the discussion is improvisational. There's no script that we go by.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Teki

Once again another idea for show. Favorite death sequences (good deaths, funniest, etc..) &eaths you'd like to (have) seen (like sanji somehow killing Nena)
Strike Zero

Teki wrote:Once again another idea for show. Favorite death sequences (good deaths, funniest, etc..) &eaths you'd like to (have) seen (like sanji somehow killing Nena)
I just realized something.

All the topics were suggesting are topics that ShadowCell doesn't allow us to have here on the board (i.e. favorites topics)

Hmm.... :?
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Kavik Ryx

Well humans love hearing and stating opinions. Can't exactly blame anyone.
Teki

Kavik Ryx wrote:Well humans love hearing and stating opinions. Can't exactly blame anyone.
Yea and reason those topics aren't smart on forums are because people backlash and get defensive. Where as once our hosts say it we can't backlash them or anything.