Idea Submission & General Feedback Thread

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Strike Zero

Soul Bro Ryu wrote:I would like to talk about this in our next episode too, since this news is relevant. Ep. 7 is already in the can, but when we do episode 8, I'll find some way to bring this into the conversation. If anything, it's a sign of the times and I can only hope that the industry can find an new way to ignite revenue, otherwise the whole medium on our shores might find itself totally underground again.
If you're gonna talk about the decline of the anime industry, you should probably take a quick look at the stickied "state of anime" thread in the Anime and Manga section. It's got plenty of great insights that might make for some good discussion fodder.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Destiny_Gundam

You gotta talk about Brave Raideen. There's even some eps out if you haven't seen it.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Kavik Ryx

This is might come off as kinda strange, but it would be interesting to spend entire sections to look over each Gundam series/ova/movie individually. At least in the long run.
Chris
Administrator

Kavik Ryx wrote:This is might come off as kinda strange, but it would be interesting to spend entire sections to look over each Gundam series/ova/movie individually. At least in the long run.
This has already been planned. We'll start doing that once 00 season 1 ends.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Arbiter GUNDAM

I just started listening to Gundamn! and would like to complement you guys on a job well done! 8) :wink: :D

Gonna listen to the other episodes now but I do have a question: In one of your little Gundamn! jokes, isn't that Raphael screaming DAAAMMMNNN!! from the first Turtles movie?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Soul Bro Ryu

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:I just started listening to Gundamn! and would like to complement you guys on a job well done! 8) :wink: :D

Gonna listen to the other episodes now but I do have a question: In one of your little Gundamn! jokes, isn't that Raphael screaming DAAAMMMNNN!! from the first Turtles movie?
Thanks for the encouragement! By the way, you've got a good ear. That is indeed Raph from TMNT I. I've got to get a sample of Rhett from "Gone With the Wind" saying his most famous line and drop that in an episode sometime too. ^_^
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Arbiter GUNDAM

um, since there's no thread for episode two, I'll just post some comments here I guess.

I liked what you guys said about Zeta, I've wanted to see Zeta for a while now, kinda mad it isn't out in the states yet. I;m waiting because I want to get the dubbed versions. One of the things that eventually turned me off of Bleach was the constant need to read all the episodes instead of just watching them. It gets annoying after a while, at least to me.

I only ever saw one episode of Robotech but that was many moons ago so I really can't comment on it.

If I had to make a list of the AU Gundams from worst to best, I would definitely put SEED Destiny as the absolute worst. I can't even begin to describe how much I loath that show. I don't even like to read fanfics that have destiny characters in them, which makes going to FF.net hard because I am apparently the only person there who doesn't like Destiny and thinks Athrun should be with Cagalli instead of chick-who's-name-I-forget. And, I'm sorry, but to me, G is the Anti-Gundam. Gundams do not leap about playing at Bruce Lee and Dragon Ball Z. Gundams blow crap up with BFGs not Shining Finger Attacks, if that's what it's called. I WILL give it respect for having, probably, the best romance in all of Gundam though. I can't comment on Gundam X or Turn A becuase I haven't seen them. And 00 is teh awesome.

Well, that's it for me on Episode 2. Keep up the good work guys and I'll be working my way around to the latest episodes or webisodes or broadcasts.

P.S. That funky bit of 8th MS Team dialogue with the techno soundtrack was pretty damn funny! :lol:

--Freyja Wion
Chris
Administrator

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:I liked what you guys said about Zeta, I've wanted to see Zeta for a while now, kinda mad it isn't out in the states yet. I;m waiting because I want to get the dubbed versions. One of the things that eventually turned me off of Bleach was the constant need to read all the episodes instead of just watching them. It gets annoying after a while, at least to me.
Dude, Zeta's been available in the U.S. for almost 4 years. You can buy any of the DVDs online, and if you're lucky, you can pick them up for nothing at Big Lots if you have those stores near you.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Oh... :oops:

Some idiot told me it wouldn't be out till this year. Does that include A New Translation as well?

--Freyja Wion
Chris
Administrator

Bandai mentioned back in 2006 that they were in talks for the Zeta movies, but nothing more ever came of it.
Tuxedo Mark

Chris wrote:Dude, Zeta's been available in the U.S. for almost 4 years. You can buy any of the DVDs online, and if you're lucky, you can pick them up for nothing at Big Lots if you have those stores near you.
Big Lots, huh? I'll have to check that out.

I recently got some SEED discs and 1 original Gundam disc at a Dollar General.
"I want to have a pure time. Everyone's a noble mind."

The Wind's Lullabye: A Kumi Miyasato Tribute
http://supergirl.741.com/kumi/index.html

Gundam Girls
http://gundamgirls.blog.com
Skippy438

I just moved and you guys have just reminded me to check the BigLots in my new surroundings, so thanks! Maybe I can finally pick up the last disc of the Zeta release. If anyone finds an extra and are willing to part with it, PM me. A recent thread on the board got me thinking about Tekkaman Blade again. I watched it probably 15 years ago as Teknoman, but seem to remember something about the series never completing its run in the US. Any chance you guys will cover this show? I remember it being pretty good, but at the time I was probably 11 or 12, so I don't trust my former self's taste.
anubis

I actually joined these forums because of the podcast. It was really interesting and I got some ideas of some things that you may want to talk about.

1) Maybe a segment on why gundam has largely failed in America? I would be interested in your opinions of just what caused this. Was it the result of bad marketing, or is the american market not suited for gundam, has some Bandai officials have claimed?

2) which gundam series has the best english dubbing? Maybe a list from least favorite dub to favorite dub, something along those lines.

3) your favorite super robot shows? They don't get much of a mention during mahq broadcasts so it would be a nice change of pace.
Hyakushiki

Skippy438 wrote:A recent thread on the board got me thinking about Tekkaman Blade again. I watched it probably 15 years ago as Teknoman, but seem to remember something about the series never completing its run in the US. Any chance you guys will cover this show? I remember it being pretty good, but at the time I was probably 11 or 12, so I don't trust my former self's taste.
I was thinking of suggesting some disscussion of mecha shows that feature other kinds of mecha, like power armor, or cyborgs, or intelligent robots and androids.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Leroy Landers

Here are some ideas that have been rattling in my head for awhile.

I would like to hear a discussion on mechanical designs something a little deeper that "what'z ur favorite sewt?" What kind of aspects do you like about certain mecha? What kind of aspects do you dislike? I'm talking more about the general feel of designs like aesthetics.

How about a discussion on technology outside of mobile suits? Like Neutron Jammers, Minovsky Particle based tech, being able to set up fully self sustaining off world colonies, space elevators, interplanetary travel, etc. Do you think the world can benefit from such inventions? Do you think the world would be worse off? How do you think such technology will change wars? Would we even have wars at all? Do you think forced space migration is an ethical solution to overpopulation? Would you want to live in space like on a colony or a ship? Do you think people would be happy in space?
SOCL

I find it at least ironic that I'm suggesting this after asking for no non-Gundam segments in another thread, but perhaps a segment about Ghost in the Shell is in order? I see it relating to Gundam in that it's a more "realistic" science-fiction future than the giant robots--it's that whole cyber-punk bit. Besides, Tachikomas count as mecha, right? :lol:

ADDITION:
I was watching G4's Attack of the Show! and during their "Robot News" segment today (Monday, 21 January) they were reporting that Japanese scientists had done some studying into what it would cost to build a fully-functional Gundam. The cost for construction alone for a single unit came to $724-million. Still, I thought that might make a good addition to the news segment. Here's a link to their blog. It doesn't have the details on there, unfortunately--I guess one would have to catch the show. Still, it's interesting.
SOCL

"You can be a Captain or a nobody--when your luck runs out, you die. That's how war is." -Bernie, 0080
Arbiter GUNDAM

Maybe you could do a segment on Gundam and mecha fanfiction? Sort of a Good :D, Bad :x, and Ugly :evil: kind of thing I'm thinking.

I don't know I'm just throwing out ideas.

--Freyja Wion
Chris
Administrator

SOCL wrote:I was watching G4's Attack of the Show! and during their "Robot News" segment today (Monday, 21 January) they were reporting that Japanese scientists had done some studying into what it would cost to build a fully-functional Gundam. The cost for construction alone for a single unit came to $724-million. Still, I thought that might make a good addition to the news segment. Here's a link to their blog. It doesn't have the details on there, unfortunately--I guess one would have to catch the show. Still, it's interesting.
Oh god, that horrible bastardization of a TV show is still on? I shudder at the thought. Anyway, we mentioned this in episode 8, which was just recorded on Sunday, so you'll hear it at the end of the week.
SOCL

Chris wrote:
SOCL wrote:I was watching G4's Attack of the Show! and during their "Robot News" segment today (Monday, 21 January) they were reporting that Japanese scientists had done some studying into what it would cost to build a fully-functional Gundam. The cost for construction alone for a single unit came to $724-million. Still, I thought that might make a good addition to the news segment. Here's a link to their blog. It doesn't have the details on there, unfortunately--I guess one would have to catch the show. Still, it's interesting.
Oh god, that horrible bastardization of a TV show is still on? I shudder at the thought. Anyway, we mentioned this in episode 8, which was just recorded on Sunday, so you'll hear it at the end of the week.
Well, gee... I don't think it's so bad, especially since it's the really the only truly successful show of its kind on American television. I rather enjoy it, in fact.

But we digress... :roll:
SOCL

"You can be a Captain or a nobody--when your luck runs out, you die. That's how war is." -Bernie, 0080
Chris
Administrator

SOCL wrote:Well, gee... I don't think it's so bad, especially since it's the really the only truly successful show of its kind on American television. I rather enjoy it, in fact.

But we digress... :roll:
As a hardcore TechTV fan, I can never forgive G4 for destroying that network, and especially for bastardizing The Screen Savers into Attack of the Show.