Ep. 172 - The War Boys of Gundam

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 172 - The War Boys of Gundam

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 172 - "The War Boys of Gundam"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 118 min., 54 sec. (1:58:54) - 54.4 MB

Episode Summary:
The long overdue review of the first 5 episodes of "Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans" has finally arrived as we begin our coverage of the new Gundam TV series!

Join the Conversation about this episode @ Gundamn.net!

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "Neo's News with Chris!"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:32:54

02. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:32:54 - 0:33:44

03. Jabman: Defender of Destiny!!! (Commercial?)
Runtime: 0:33:44 - 0:34:56

04. Main Segment: "Anime Spotlight - 'Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans' Episodes 1-5" (TV Series, 2015)
Runtime: 0:34:56 - 1:48:54

05. Mech Talks! (Podcast) (Also Watch on YouTube!)
Runtime: 1:48:54 - 1:49:25

06. "#ExVsTheGundamnation - Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost Nights!" (Commercial)
Runtime: 1:49:25 - 1:51:04

07. Outro: "Closing/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 1:51:04 - 1:58:54

Ask Gundamn or Leave a message:
Call the MAHQ Google Voice Line @ 305-792-8324 and leave a question (or message) that's no longer than 4 minutes. Make sure that at the beginning you leave your NAME specify that your message is for "GUNDAMN! @ MAHQ" also! We're looking forward to hearing from the Gundamnation and answering your voicemails!

Feedback & Social Networking:
- E-Mail: GundamnMAHQ(NoSpam)@gmail.com
- Twitter: @MAHQDotNet / @GundamnAtMAHQ / @CTCast
- MAHQ Facebook Group
- Forums: MechaTalk.net / Gundamn! @ MechaTalk.net
- Voicemail Hotline: 305-792-8324

Subscribe & Download Gundamn! @ MAHQ
- Main RSS Feed
- Gundamn! @ iTunes
- Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gundamn
- YouTube: Gundamn! @ MAHQ / Chaos Theater / Shinjuku Station / ShinStation Fight Tube

Gundamn! @ MAHQ is a MAHQ & Shinjuku Station Joint
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Shinjuku Station Podcasting - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Fighters Ready! - Level Nine - ShinStation Fight Tube! - ShinStation Live!

Many thanks for listening!
@SoulBroRyu
[email protected]
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Crestborne

Re: Ep. 172 - The War Boys of Gundam

HEY LOOK A PODCAST FROM GUNDAMN THE SHOW I LIKE :D
MAHQ's Official Resident Brony
Co-Host - Ex Vs The Gundamnation w/ Soulbro
Wheel Of Doom Stream - Monday 7pm EST
twitch.tv/powerborne
yazi88

Really good episode, good to hear both Soulbro and Chris were having a fun time reviewing IBO! I laughed out loud and totally agreed when Chris said that Kudelia was best girl over Atra and that Atra was 3 feet tall!
YokozunaBulldozer

Is there a possibility of Cade Yeager or the Emperor doing the news for a future episode? :)
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
phillosmaster

Great episode guys. I'm really liking IBO. So far it's the best Gundam I've seen in a long time. I hope it can keep this level of quality up for the remainder of the season. How long is IBO suppose to be anyway? 25 episodes?

I've seen criticisms that state that the pacing is too slow and there should have been more big fight scenes like when the orphans took over CGS. I totally disagree. I think it's paced in a logical way and they shouldn't just cram a fight scene in ever episode just because. For example the way Orga decided to deal with first corp was smart and kept the damage to CGS's personnel and assets to a minimum. An actual firefight would have crippled CGS beyond the ability to operate.

I'm also enjoying the low powered setting with mostly melee combat being the go to method of fighting. I also wonder just how far the series will escalate with respect to weaponry by the end.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
YokozunaBulldozer

After hearing Soul Bro complement the theme song, found out that a band called BLUE ENCOUNT will succeed Man On A Mission and release the second opening titled "Survivor".
I got curious and gave a few of their previous works a listen and I think we can expect a high-energy J-rock song.
Personally I am liking the songs titled "Unbalance" and "Motto Hikari Wo" currently.
Their music feels similar to SPYAIR and BACK-ON(sans rap).
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Chavelo

Great episode! I am equally enjoying Iron Blooded Bros. I wholeheartedly agree that it is so much better without beam weapons. It's a breath of fresh air in Gundam these days. Too many crazy designs with a horde of beam weapons and other bright lights. It's nice to see a mecha show go back to basics. And the combat seems so much more gritty because of it. I also like the use of physics and tactics in space.

I will say that I don't see the resemblance to Heero or Setsuna in Mika. For a moment I thought that he was the socially stunted type. But the way he speaks to Kudelia makes me think that isn't the case. He's closed off to her, because she's an outsider. The part where he tells her not to cheapen the death of his comrades pretty much sold me on him.

I'm very hopeful that they'll keep doing well with the show. I was not a fan of Build Fighters Tryhard. And Reconguista let me down in the end. So I'm really hoping this show revitalizes my love in Gundam. Which is my oldest love.