Ep. 151 - Weapons Grade Nightmares

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 151 - Weapons Grade Nightmares

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 151 - "Weapons Grade Nightmares"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 126 min., 24 sec. (2:06:24) - 57.9 MB

Episode Summary:
The listener submitted topics keep rocking our way as we discuss the rigors of "showrunning" & our most nightmare inducing scenarios in Mecha Anime!

Join the Conversation about this episode @ Gundamn.net!

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "Neo's News"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:33:27

02. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:33:27 - 0:34:17

03. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:34:17 - 0:35:18

04. 1st Segment: "'The Showrunner Trials - The Ups & Downs About Episode Length in a Series'" (Submitted by T.V.)
Runtime: 0:35:18 - 0:51:27

05. Pretentious Internet Theatre (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:51:27 - 0:51:56

06. "#ExVsTheGundamnation - Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost Nights!" (Commercial)
Runtime: 0:51:56 - 0:53:35

07. 2nd Segment: "'The Worst Case Scenarios - The Nightmare Fuel of Mecha Anime!'" (Submitted by Dayman)
Runtime: 0:53:35 - 1:25:16

08. Jabman: Defender of Destiny!!! (Commercial?)
Runtime: 1:25:16 - 1:26:28

09. "The God of War" by Garma Strikes!
Runtime: 1:26:28 - 1:27:29

10. Outro: "Closing/The Gundamn Mailbag/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 1:27:29 - 2:06:24

Ask Gundamn or Leave a message:
Call the MAHQ Google Voice Line @ 305-792-8324 and leave a question (or message) that's no longer than 4 minutes. Make sure that at the beginning you leave your NAME specify that your message is for "GUNDAMN! @ MAHQ" also! We're looking forward to hearing from the Gundamnation and answering your voicemails!

Feedback & Social Networking:
- E-Mail: GundamnMAHQ(NoSpam)@gmail.com
- Twitter: @MAHQDotNet / @GundamnAtMAHQ / @CTCast
- MAHQ Facebook Group
- Forums: MechaTalk.net / Gundamn! @ MechaTalk.net
- Voicemail Hotline: 305-792-8324

Subscribe & Download Gundamn! @ MAHQ
- Main RSS Feed
- Gundamn! @ iTunes
- Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gundamn
- YouTube: Gundamn! @ MAHQ / Chaos Theater / Shinjuku Station / ShinStation Fight Tube

Gundamn! @ MAHQ is a MAHQ & Shinjuku Station Joint
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Shinjuku Station Podcasting - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Fighters Ready! - Level Nine - ShinStation Fight Tube! - ShinStation Live!

Many thanks for listening!
@SoulBroRyu
[email protected]
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Vent Noir

Re: Ep. 151 - Weapons Grade Nightmares

My personal mecha nightmare fuel: Iczer-One, one of the first anime I ever saw... the Bedem creatures bursting out of people, Alien-style.

Also, the reveal in Tekkaman Blade of what the Radham spore trees were for...
Spoiler
capturing humans, and turning them into Tekkamen who are mind-controlled by the Radham parasites.
And there are millions, if not billions, of those things on Earth...
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
YokozunaBulldozer

Vent Noir wrote:My personal mecha nightmare fuel: Iczer-One, one of the first anime I ever saw... the Bedem creatures bursting out of people, Alien-style.

Also, the reveal in Tekkaman Blade of what the Radham spore trees were for...
Spoiler
capturing humans, and turning them into Tekkamen who are mind-controlled by the Radham parasites.
And there are millions, if not billions, of those things on Earth...
Spoiler
Yeah I was in grade school when I saw Tekkaman Blade(not Teknoman the one where they are named after Backstreet Boys members) and that scarred me for 3 days... good to know I have a friend...
My personal nightmare fuel is in J-Decker when
Spoiler
Deckerd is K.I.A as brutally as Alex Murphy only to be then infected and mutated into an abomination.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
fearjunkee

The scariest moment from any mecha anime for me is Third Impact in End of Evangelion. Third Impact is where all logic and reason go out the window and all that's left is surreal horror. Everybody turns to Tang, giant naked Rei turns into giant naked Kaworu, and Shinji's sanity is completely gone by this point. The first time I saw that sequence, I just kept saying 'oh dear God, what the hell is going on?!'

And then it ends with Shinji and Asuka on the beach with that giant Rei half-head, a scene which always gives me the chills when I see it.
YokozunaBulldozer

Zondars from Gaogaigar creeped me out too come to think of it.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
kayone73

Just finished listening. Another good ep and SoulBro thanks for the shout out, yeah, read my SN as the letter 'K' and the number '1' kinda like the K1 mma league in Japan.
Yardly

What's the source of the audio the stinger is comprised of? I would like to listen to that whole Bay/Transformers discussion if someone can point my in the right direction.
Soul Bro Ryu

Yardly wrote:What's the source of the audio the stinger is comprised of? I would like to listen to that whole Bay/Transformers discussion if someone can point my in the right direction.
That is the Godlike Jon Schnepp who was a guest on the Schmoes Know Podcast - a weekly show that goes over the latest news in the movie industry. They stream live every Thursday night (6pm - 8pm PST) and Jon was on a few weeks ago to share his "love" for Age of Extinction:

Entire Episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHxlZhvpZmg
T:AoE Review (by itself): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHppcLhCK7U

On a side note, Schnepp is an amazing dude, who is well know as a director of animation, with his past works involving the Venture Bros, Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, Metalocalypse and many other shows. Peep him as a regular contributor on AMC Movie Talk (where he appears several times a week), follow him on Twitter & check out the trailer for his upcoming documentary about the disastrous failed production of the Nic Cage Superman movie of the late 90's in "The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened?"

If you do check him out, let him know that @SoulBroRyu of @GundamnAtMAHQ sent you!
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Yardly

Soul Bro Ryu wrote: On a side note, Schnepp is an amazing dude, who is well know as a director of animation, with his past works involving the Venture Bros, Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, Metalocalypse and many other shows. Peep him as a regular contributor on AMC Movie Talk (where he appears several times a week), follow him on Twitter & check out the trailer for his upcoming documentary about the disastrous failed production of the Nic Cage Superman movie of the late 90's in "The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened?"

If you do check him out, let him know that @SoulBroRyu of @GundamnAtMAHQ sent you!
You had me at Venture Bros. Thanks, SBR!