Mech Talks: Fan chat podcast

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Spidey62

Mech Talks: Fan chat podcast

Hello every one! Due to the demand for a return to fan chats that we have received recently, we have decided to create Mech Talks! It is an open discussion podcast where fans of Gundamn!, Chaos Theater, and general geek culture can come together to talk about what they love! The first show will be recorded on the 31st at 9pm Central Daylight Time (CDT) or Texas time. For our first discussion we’ll be talking about Neo’s favorite subject, The Robot Apocalypses! Just send a request to Russell Davis/robolizard222 to join the Skype chat and you’ll get into the discussion. Hope to see you guys there!
Robolizard222

Re: Mecha Talks: Fan chat podcast

I'll be there....OH, I'll be there!!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....cough! Hack! See you guys...gag...cough
People ask me if I'm a cat or a dog person. I'm actually a dog person. They taste better.
Spidey62

Re: Mecha Talks: Fan chat podcast

I would hope so, we co host it.
angelwingzero

Re: Mech Talks: Fan chat podcast

Sounds cool, I'll see if I can stop by.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
Spidey62

Howdy ladies and mech-men! It's getting near our next Mech Talk and for this one we'll be discussing Kamen Rider and the up coming gundam shows! The talk will be held this Sunday the 28th at 9pm central daylight time (Texas time). To join just add robolizard222 (Russell Davis) on skype and we'll add you to the conversation. We hope to see you guys there!
Robolizard222

Mech Talks prototype #1 is ready to go! This episode is burning red! It's telling you to go listen!

http://youtu.be/UOmAhM1DFQ4
People ask me if I'm a cat or a dog person. I'm actually a dog person. They taste better.
Destiny_Gundam

At the risk of sounding like a whiner I'm gonna leave some feedback since I didn't have a particularly good experience on Sunday.

So the main issue was that the conversation was dominated by a handful of people while myself and another sat in silence as we couldn't contribute to the topic at all. And it's not like we could have jumped in and changed the topic either because that would make us ass holes.

I think the fundamental set up was problematic, as we didn't have a set topic for that segment and it was just a free for all. The Fan Chat worked well because we'd have the topic as "what we've been up to recently" and each person in the chat got a turn to speak before the floor was handed off to the next person. There was still room for people to ask questions of the current speaker and if some one went on a bit long it was the host's duty to tell them to wrap it up.

Now if you want to keep it in the same format, it's also the host's job to notice when guests have been excluded from the conversation and try to get them involved. You did do this eventually, but by that point our time was almost up before we were swapped out.

The swapping is another issue. I know you wanted to reduce the number of people in the room to prevent talking over each other, but it was only 2 extra people so having us all there wouldn't have made much of a difference. But more than that, there were 4-5 people who were allowed to be in both rotations anyways. You two hosts are a given, and had there been a celebrity guest that would be fine too, but as it was it came off as you guys really just wanting to talk to those people and the rest of us were just extraneous. Probably not what you intended, but it's likely no coincidence that the handful of people dominating the conversation were those allowed to stick around. Probably would have been better if you had those people in one group, and then swapped them out with us extra 4, instead of only taking us 2 at a time.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Mu La Flaga

I think for that episode(even if I didn't participate I got invited in to the pre-call chat)
There was ALOT of people for the Kamen Rider episode, sometimes when got larger numbers do need to keep it a little more organised if possible.
The first episode rolled along rather smoothly.
(from my own experience)

Not to mention Spidey62 and Robolizard222 are still learning the ropes I think :P
Spidey62

Sorry you felt that way mate.
We are still learning the ropes of hosting.
Destiny_Gundam

Right, which is why I hope my feedback will be helpful to you.
Robolizard222

I'm also sorry for you experience Destiny. If you have any further problems or anything you want addressed feel free to contact Russell Davis on Skype.
Destiny_Gundam

I suppose the only other thing is that I was wondering if the start time could be an hour earlier, or if it could be done on Saturday. I work on Monday so I can't stick around too late.
Spidey62

To be fair mate we can't accommodate to everyone's needs.

Me and Russell do the show when we do due to our own personal lives.

As far as moving it to a Saturday, maybe.
However that will have to take time to schedule because we don't want to interfere with other events taking place such as ex vs.
Destiny_Gundam

Spidey62 wrote:To be fair mate we can't accommodate to everyone's needs.
I know, I was just asking. If it's not possible then oh well.
Spidey62

In the next month the show will be retooled as me and Russell discuss how to proceed.
Updates will be posted here.

A change in time is...unlikely but a change in date is possible.
Robolizard222

Changes will be rolled out to allow for better sessions. I can't guarantee anything as of yet, but we are doing our best to ensure what we can.
jcncasval76

Mu La Flaga wrote:I think for that episode(even if I didn't participate I got invited in to the pre-call chat)
There was ALOT of people for the Kamen Rider episode, sometimes when got larger numbers do need to keep it a little more organised if possible.
The first episode rolled along rather smoothly.
(from my own experience)

Not to mention Spidey62 and Robolizard222 are still learning the ropes I think :P
Never mind the fact that there's a lot of Kamen Rider TV series to cover, is one episode enough to cover all of them?
Please don't make me quoting certain wrestlers' catchphrases (What?!) or you don't want to find out how nasty it gets (What?!). Tell me you didn't just say that (What?!)
NastyNate

This is great news guys. Keep up the great work!
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Spidey62

Hey guys quick update.

Due to me and Robolizard having issues in our personal lives we put off the recording of episode 4 due to us not having time to finish editing episodes 2 and 3.

With episode 2 out we are working on episode 3 currently and once that is released we will be recording episode 4 which will focus on Gunpla.

More news will be posted here when I can report.
Thank you fo the support and patience!
kayone73

I'd be interested in participating on the fan discussion for the gunpla ep when you're ready to start recording